Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

silver r
Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP

luckypink61
Rating
yes it's bad, get help

The Salesman [Evolving]
nope
I've never done it, try drugs and alcohol instead, or even physical relationships!

Creeper girl(pigeon)
It's not a good thing to do. Cut food instead of yourself.

ourlittleposseof12
better to cut than to kill yourself dont get so down on yourself get help life gets better

Raquel D
everyone feels like thier life is bad at some point in time. What you have to do is find things to look forward too. Make a lifestyle change, get new friends, what ever it takes. Cutting yourself is not the answer. Do you want to loose your life? Go read about children in third world nations...their plight might make you feel better about your own. Or at least let you realize that you are not alone in this world

Kimberly H
Rating
You know it is wrong, or you would not ask. You are also, smart enough to realize you need to seek counseling, you just need a little push, so here it is, you can get better, you can feel better, but it takes help. You just have to be brave enough to admit it, talk to a school counselor,(if available), or check the phone book, for free clinics,(they often offer free depression screening), you can even find hot-line numbers to help you find help. I believe you can do it, now you tell yourself, you can, and then make that first step, best to you.

alysssaa.
hmm, i guess pretty much everyone else thinks cutting is wrong.

that's the only way to deal with all my problems, it just makes me feel so much better. i think it's just fine.

DarceyLea
it isn't wrong if it's your way of coping but you should try something else like opening up to someone close to you

Jilly
duh, get help!

tammy g
yes it is,my son was going with a girl that cut herself,and he started doing it..i cried and begged him to stop,when he broke up with her he stopped,,please call your mental health center.and ask for help.you seem very depressed,they will help you..take care.

Forgettable
Rating
Yes, you are hurting yourself. You may need to see a doctor to help you to overcome your problem.

happybunny
Please don't do it. It's not good. Talk to someone

Spring
Rating
People usually cut because physical pain hurts less than emotional pain. Emotional pain/feelings can be difficult to understand, though a cut can be observed and is concrete. Cutting can be habit forming for someone experiencing difficulties in life. A few cuts can turn into lacerations that need sutures. Cutting can lead to permanent scarring that can negatively effect the individual in many negative ways. I have worked with people who have cut themselves as teens. As adults they are unable to wear short sleeves due to the embarrassment of the obvious scars.
I highly recommend that you see a therapist that can help you work through these difficulties your having. A therapist can assist you in figuring out why your cutting and how you can relieve your stress/anxiety/depression through more healthy alternatives.
Good luck to you....

CLICKHEREx
See self harm at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris on page 4.

Cam Da Man
Rating
yes but find a friend to talk to adn help cuz im sure u dont want to talk to an adult

cam

!?!pessimist!?!
Rating
OK don't cut yourself and if it seems that bad then maybe you should seek help not only from a therapist but your family.

wiggleworm283
yes.i did cut myself before. I was going through such a bad time. My friends told someone who could help me and I am sooooo much happier now.You really should get help. It will make your life so much better.

Seanyy
yes... if ur even thinkin about it gf find some help fast, everyone has highs and lows itll get better but it sounds like you need some serious help to get out of this rough spot

tyler h
yes, even though people say it lets your emotions fall out and express there can be some horrible consequences...i use to cut...it destroyed relationships with my freinds and family..it got to the point were i had to get 113 stitches on my left arm...i finally got some help from a freind that showed me a counselor. the pain isnt worth it..trust me

surynot1
Rating
Please, get help before you do something you may regret later. People love you and care about you even if sometimes they don't show it. It is tough but you can do it !

leopard gecko lover
Yes this site is a good one check it out
http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind/mental_health/cutting.html

faded_shado
There are better and less destructive ways to release stress. Find a counsellor, a therapist. You need to find healthier ways to deal with your issues than cutting yourself.

samdesign78
Yes...find a GOAL and work toward it..

pj
if you feel the need to cut youself and your asking for help i think you already know the answer. don't talk to us about it you really need to get intouch with someone like a doctor, therapist or something to get the help you need. please talk to someone who is qualified to help you with this.

DC Lady
Rating
"Wrong" is not the best word to describe it. Cutting can be a sign of emotional problems. One theory is that people cut themselves because the physical pain that occurs as a result of cutting is more immediate and easier to deal with than the emotional pain they're experiencing. If you are cutting yourself, I suggest you seriously consider talking with a mental health professional to figure out the root of the problem. Once you deal with the emotional issues, it will be easier for you to stop cutting.

Boo.
I was a cutter too. You need to get some help. I know it's hard, and I also know it's not as easy as the "just stop doing it" advice you're going to get. Email me if you want to talk or if you want any advice.

Flaca
Maybe you want to understand why you are cutting.

You are cutting to remind yourself that you can feel; that you bleed from it could then be proof of that truth. That you are an emotional creature, as all humans are, means that you have the need to express your emotions, otherwise you will subvert them in self-destructive ways.

It is not wrong to feel. You can feel that your life is bad, but fully expressing that emotion is pivotal for your mental health. Just saying it is bad doesn't help you work through it, and perhaps you've thought of crying as a weakness (while it is actually a release of those pent-up emotions), so it's possible that you cut to NOT FEEL EMOTIONALLY but to feel that pain physically, instead.

When I took psychology, this maladaptive behavior was referred to as transference. However, just knowing this isn't enough to stop you from doing it, which is why you need someone to talk to (in real life).

You should seek the help of a professional, in addition to your friends and family, because a professional will help you get to the roots of your emotional problems (in order to come to terms with them, and to then make positive choices). Your friends and family might be able to help you do that, but they cannot prescribe medications if you need them. Involve your family and family in your decision to seek professional help, so that they can help you avoid making those bad decisions (like cutting yourself).

Cutting yourself is a bad decision about how to deal with your emotions. Sadly, this phenomena has been glorified in emo culture, even though it is the wrong way to deal with your emotions. It will result in scarring, which only proves that you can hurt yourself in more visible ways than people can hurt you emotionally. It can result in a self-inflicted death.

People will judge you based on those scars, as if you have not learned positive ways to deal with your emotions; as though you don't care about yourself, so why should they involve themselves in your drama.

dances with unicorns
I don't think it's morally wrong, but I certainly think it's not good for you. It's a pathway for potential infection, not to mention the possibility of permanant nerve damage if you cut too deeply. Please talk with your doctor or a counselor/therapist to help you deal with the problems in your life in a more constructive way; it's not easy, but you CAN quit.

TheShiv
Rating
First off, let me state I've been in therapy for much of my life. I've always had problems with self mutilation (even after I gave myself a 4 inch gash and landed in the emergency room for 18 stitches). My latest therapist points out that it's all too common for women to cut themselves.

I would definitely find a counselor and start talking and healing yourself inside then out. There are more productive ways to express your upset and to feel better then slicing yourself open. I wish to god I had never started.

Find a group therapy session, find people who you can talk to, but get out of whatever is making you upset. Life gets hard....it gets really hard, I won't lie...but I firmly believe inside each one of us - man or woman - that there is a survivor. And you too will be a survivor.

Hang in there..I'm rooting for you!

J S
Rating
The overwhelming desire or relief a person may find in cutting is a symptom of a personality disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. It usually goes along with other depressive symptoms. People who cut do so to either stop feeling so out of control or do it because they otherwise feel numb and have a desire to therefore feel "something" ... or both.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/bpd.cfm

Seek mental health advice immediately. YOU NEED BETTER COPING MECHANISMS. You need to learn and control your stress and triggers.

You can pick up the book "The Bright Red Scream" and "I Hate You, Don't Leave Me" to learn more.

Don't be afraid to find someone with whom to talk about this. You are not alone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy