Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

alma
If an artist can no longer create art...are they still an artist?
After a brief career surge, I have become unable to create my art. I suffer from debilitating refractory major depression and can no longer compose music. I feel like part of me is missing. Am I still a composer?

snide aside 'kay?

Helen
Rating
Of course you are! It's in your heart and soul even if it has seemed to come to an end it never will.

luminous
Rating
if a priest lost his voice and hearing would he still not be a priest

rsssorinc
Rating
Just lay on the bed, let your mind fly where-ever it wants to and after this is done, look "behind" and see what you have done, and write it down, and then you'll see that you are able to do more.
success!!

luzna0
I can understand what you're feeling now. I used to write poetry, but suddenly the inspiration flied away. I have a 35 poem collection, and I'm still waiting my reborn. Don't worry, i think real artists have to wait the appropriate moment to write, we must be authentic, not commercial. Most "artists" write crap as fast as they wake up. Be patient, your time will come soon. You're an artist no matter what people say. Believe it.

King de Puttenham
Rating
You bet your life you are still a composer.

Music, like the written word, comes from the heart when it is shared honestly.

I know the desperate feeling losing a part of you can be. Where once your mind could fly freely and your heart would sore like an eagle in the early morning sunrise. Now, not because of your own faillngs, depression has over taken your fantastic abilities, but just for now. Depression is a mean task-master, Dear, a rough and discouraging one.

As you know, composing begins with what's in your heart and, while most people may not understand it, it comes through your soul to your fingures and suddenly you find yourself on a different plain, bringing forth a song that the whole world needs to hear.

Please know, it is still there. It will come, perhaps in different ways, but it will come!!

Your still have much to give of who you are to a world that needs to feel what you are. Imagine what literature would have been if some of our most distinguished authors, suffering depression them selves, had not written. Inspite of that dark enemy of ours stopping them, the pressed on...and won. And they became pre-emminent writers. Poe is one such person, and while he was a dark auther, he was never-the-less creative. Salley Fields, Capote, Stephen King all have boughts with depression. Patty Duke has written of her winning over depression.

I often think we ought to form a group for creative people like your, who have found themselves stymied by depression. Writers, composers, singers and so much more think and feel things in a different way. Write about your inner person when the thought come. Realize that today is reality. Yesterday is past, oh, but tomorrow. And tomorrow. And tomorrow. And each tomorrow brings a promise just for you. A blessing from the highest mountain to the deepest valley, light will shine for you again.

King

justyne
yes the artist can still be an artist because it is like Vincent vangoo and Pablo Picasso they are dead but they made art so they are artistes!

William C
Picasso and Da Vinci are dead, and therefore cannot create art, are they still artists?

Ariyan the Redhacker
Yes, you are still an artist

Don M
I also suffer from depression,and find it hard sometime to be creative.It's like writers block.You probably need a "MUSE".

billiardjay
Rating
Noone can call him- or herself an artist on a whim; at best they can refer to themselves as an artisan or a craftsperson. In order to be truly considered an artist, they must be acclaimed as an artist by others. An artist is someone who creates something that enables others to see an aspect of the world in a new or unique manner. One can not be an artist in isolation, it takes others to make an artist.

If you were once considered an artist, you will always be considered an artist. You are not an artist only when you are actively creating your art, you are an artist when you are considered to be one by those who have the experience to form a critical judgement about such matters.

After Beethoven lost his hearing, he was still an artist.

Little_Lady_Lina
Rating
I would think so. Just try to look inside your heart and if u don't find something there you still are one because an idea may come up later. Albert Einstein once said something like this.
"Most people give up right when they are about to come through and don't notice how close they were to success."

Gumby
Rating
It depends what people call art. Art can be an unmade bed in some peoples views. Other people think art is what you find in an art gallery like paintings. It depends what your definition of art is?

Ann Coulter's Nemesis
You are still an artist. I took 2 years off from painting because I desparately needed distance myself from the artworld, the voices of critics, the voices of other artists, etc etc. I never stopped believing that I was an artist and a painter. I find that writing helps me out of those times of doubt, depression and artist's block or feeling of being dried up. With music, find what inspires you. Sounds from the street, from outside your window, from nature, from a cafe. Whatever. Look at your surroundings and your own environment. This is what helped me find inspiration again and feel connected again. And hold onto your faith that you are still an artist, still a composer and still connected to that part of you.

Lee D
Rating
I'd say so. I think a lot of artists have luls in their work. Sometimes you just need a change of pace. Maybe explore a diffrent branch of art to see if that sparks your creativity again.

Marty: the Mogul
Rating
All true "artists" go through times when they can't do it anymore. You are an artist still, and you will only not be if you can't do it for no reason at all. Good luck.

imputh
Rating
yes because u have made art. its not like da vinci WAS an artist. i no hes dead but im sure he eventually stopped or paused

nathan y
yes because they made art before they couldn't think of anything else

MeanderingMind
I can somewhat understand your intrinsic struggle, as I am a 2 time emergency brain surgery survivor whose career ended at the 15 year mark. I am now 47, and have come to the conclusion it is not my total responsibility to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my life, rather I am to be a co-creator with a greater Universal Spirit and Force, not of a religious nature. Creativity is intrinsic! As for depression, Celexa has done wonders for me..........I wish you wellness and a abundance of creativity................

Kaitlin
Rating
yes because they are known for their art that they created.

kattsmeow
Rating
Yes, if you have compositions that you have composed, you are still a composer in my opinion.♥

robthomasjr2000
Life is composed of BE, DO, AND HAVE. More than likely and I don't know because we haven't talked about it, but I would guess you have a suppressive person in your vicinity. Most artists do. This person makes you feel small, like a failure or that you shouldn't try certain things. This person is deathly afraid of you flourishing and prospering as an artist. They (suppressive people) probably coined the term "starving artist. Scientology will show you how to detect this and handle it so you can BE what an artist is, DO what an artist does and HAVE what an artist has.

Runner Chick
once an artist always an artist

Johnny Mek
Rating
You are still what you are..... Take a step back and rediscover yourself and what made you wanna do what you do in the first place....

michelle b
Rating
yes u just have a block.. you will be inspired one day ,.. take ur time get better!!

one_realist
Rating
Hello Alma. I would say absolutely you ARE still a COMPOSER. It's just the thing of having to search and look down deeper within the wellspring of innate creativity and muse within you. It's like there's still gold inside of you, but it is demanding more effort and patience to actually mine it as it were. Maybe friend you need to find other ways to allow it to well up within you, and be willing to try and maybe even fail in the potential and hope of finding/regaining what you already have. It's like something is damning it from flowing in the more normal way, yet the reserve is still there. So Alma, it is IN you... so DON'T give up. In the meantime, find other creative outlets to explore and delve into. Keep hope for better days to come again and encourage yourself often. Take care and good luck.

finbar3131
Rating
i say yes, you are still an artist.

if you are an alcoholic who does not drink anymore, you are still an alcoholic. if you are a out of the marines, you are still a marine for life. if you love your mate and they pass, your love for them still carries on.

if you are an artist who isnt creating anymore, you are still an artist

liddle_angel
Rating
Yes, you are still an artist...when my father died, I lost my inspiration..it is hard to be creative, when you feel like you have the weight of the world on you. this has been over eleven years ago, and problem after problem has arisen, to keep me from being the creative gifted person, I know I am. So to answer you sadly coincidental question, Yes, you are still an artist, and it is time to start playing music in your house again, and going for walks, and praying to God, for strength...God Bless, through Jesus... and Robthomas, got it right...you probably do have a suppressive person, in your midst

chuckufarley2a
Degas, Cezanne, Renoir, Michelangelo; none of these can create art, any longer, soooo, I guess they're not artists either..
when they hit their dry spells, they waited it out and, eventually, moved on and created art, once again!

cementshroom13
Rating
The creation is in ones own mind, yes, if you are alive you are still an artist.

Valley Girl
yes,you just cant create at that time but I dont think you ever loose your touch.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy