Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

Jonny-5
How do you know when your anti-depressants start to work?
They say it takes around three weeks for it to kick in. Is there a sudden change when it does? How does it feel, not to be depressed anymore??

Katy
*sigh* Maybe you won't feel depressed anymore. Ring any bells? Do you know what the word "anti-depressant" means?

itsalllg
when u r constipated

John Skerry II
Rating
Try conservatism. It really feels good to put your brain to use and think with a clear head.

Hope that helps!

liquidburn34
Rating
I would say when you dont feel depressed.. If you dont feel it then double the dose

Stan the answer Man
Sounds like they are not working. Bummer deal.

Michelle
It takes a while but you don't get as irritated by people and things.It is not a sudden change really you just feel happyer each day.At a point you you will just be normal.I didn't really notice how much it cchanged me untill i forgot to take it.

starmoishe
I guess it would depend on which one you are taking. I've tried about 4 or 5 different ones over the years. I have to say, feeling better is feeling better. The first thing I notice is that I handle stress better, think clearer and get more enjoyment out of life.

somechick25
Rating
Ughhhh they are terrible!!! So bad for you. I tried them and they actually made me worse! What are you taking?

beetlejuice67stangfastback
Since it takes time to build up in your system you'll hardly notice at all unless things take a turn for the worse. e.g: an allergic reaction, etc.

kim_in_craig
Rating
There is no drastic change. With anti depression medication it takes awhile for you to get use to them. It's just a slow process for you not to feel depressed all the time. Also there are over 75 different anti depression medications. Maybe the one you are on isn't working.

char g
It does take about three weeks or sometimes four for your anti-depressants to kick in. You will not feel a sudden change like poof i am healed!!!!! The anti-depressants work gradually over a period of time. It does take a while for them to work but you will not feel them just kick in. You will just start feeling better little by little. Remember that once they do start working continue to take them on a daily basis and do not forget to take them or just decide that you feel better and quit taking them because more than likely the depression will return so remember stay on your meds. You will still have days where you will feel depressed but for the most part if they are the right ones for you and they work for you should be feeling better and may even be happy again. Good Luck hope that it works for you.

alecnaaron
i think 6 weeks to 8 weeks is the most common kick in time but it can take longer or happen sooner.I hope you feel better im just starting Wellbutrin xl and pray for a change.

JustJules
Give them four to six weeks.

nimo
It all depends on how you feel. You should take notes on how you feel now, then within a few weeks, re-examine how you feel, and jot down if there have been any changes, good or bad. Noone can really determine how it feels for someone else, everyone has different levels of happiness.

SlipKnoT MaGGoT 666
Rating
it does take about that long... im on them right now, and it depends on the person, some people feel it drastically change, but some dont really notice it much... it feels like some kind of "normal" life not to be depessed, but at times, the pills dont really help

Gator21
Rating
Im taking them right now and there isn't going to be a moment that tells you exactly when it kicks in. Depending on what medication ur taking and what chemical inbalance it is trying to fix, u might react differently to certain medications. I am taking lexipro and the first few days it had me feeling numb. I cried inside but physically I felt nothing. Antidepressants take a while to work effectively. I'd say 6 months at least. Hope u get better and stay on them! seeing a counselor/psychiatrist is also necessary to get back to normal. Good luck.

groundbrandon
Rating
you start to get doped up but i wouldnt stay on them long or you turn into a zombie I have a natural depression problem and I choose to use herbal meds and plan out my life makes it easier but when I start them it unusally takes a month and you have to tell your brain they are working unusally your dr. should be telling you if they are working but how you are acting are you doing more things??? if so then they are working are you doing things you normally dont do? if so then they are working

sweetiepie
Here's what happened to me: I became forgetful, I'm not as hyper as I was before, I became sociable, I'm not as suicidal as before, I began taking care of my life. My medication is Zyprexa and Lexapro. I dunno which is for the depression. It's prescribed from my psychiatrist. You should probably go to a doctor.

James
Rating
you get the feeling that your back to your old self that you havnt seen in years, youll know when it happens if it doesnt then your on the wrong medicine

allison.
ur not depressed anymore!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy