Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

youdont k
I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I have this urge to kill someone or something like that. Even to people who are my friends, I sometimes think about strangling them or otherwise killing them.

My school doesnt have a bell tower, but I've even thought about going postal and holding people hostage or just a mass killing spree. I probably wouldnt do it, since I dont know where to get a gun, I probably couldnt bring myself to kill someone, and I dont really have any demands or whatever

I seriously dont know why I am thinking this. Im on medication for depression, theres a chance I might have schizophrenia, but overall I just dont know.

What should I do?

zoe
Get to your doctor at once and explain what you have explained here. If you are not seeing a psychiatrist, you need to, as he/she will know the right kinds of medication to put you on. Do this ASAP!

bluekitsune1
i'm thinking you should tell your parents or guidance counselor at school...and then go to a doctor (psych-doc) and get it checked out
if you are shizophrenic, you could very well flip out and kill someone, not to mention hurt yourself
shizo's are very unstable if not treated
i'm bipolar, and it's very similar, infact u could even be bipolar
i strongly suggest talking to a doctor
you are not psycho, but you do need help, ok?

BumbleBee
Rating
First you need to take a deep breath and relax. I am not going to say by any stretch of the imagination that these are normal thoughts. You do need to speak with a councilor, therapist, psychiatrist, or even a church pastor. Take a step back and reflect on your life. You say that you used to have suicidal thoughts... does your physician know this. Are you on any other medications! Some medications can cause these homicidal ideations. I am not about to call you crazy and leave it at that. I not being a doctor could not diagnose you with schizophrenia. I can tell you only a doctor can do that. These are serious thoughts and by no means belittle them, you really need to seek medical attention. If you are taking Effexor a medication for depression here is an artical you may be interested in...

Antidepressant Used by Yates Questioned
Homicidal thoughts on list of rare adverse events for drug used by woman who drowned kids

HOUSTON, Jul. 10, 2006
By ANGELA K. BROWN Associated Press Writer
AP) A widely prescribed antidepressant that Andrea Yates took in the months before she drowned her five children in 2001 had homicidal thoughts added recently to its list of rare adverse events. But the drug's manufacturer says it believes Effexor doesn't cause such phenomena.

Wyeth spokeswoman Gwen Fisher said that while Effexor was being studied for use in treating panic disorder, the company found one person reported having homicidal thoughts in its clinical trial.

"Homicidal ideation" was added last year as one of Effexor's rare adverse events, defined as something not proven to be caused by the drug. The Madison, N.J.-based company never notified doctors or issued warning labels because it found no causal link between its drug and homicidal thoughts, Fisher said.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration defines rare as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. In the U.S. alone, about 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled last year.

"We believe there is no causal link between Effexor and homicidality," Fisher said. "In our minds, we've taken every precaution."

Dr. Moira Dolan, executive director of the watchdog group Medical Accountability Network, criticized Wyeth for not doing more to publicize it, saying "homicidal ideation" is listed on page 36 of Effexor XR's label.

Dolan said she discovered the labeling change about two weeks ago after stumbling across the FDA's MedWatch November newsletter.

"Families don't know to be aware of this possible effect," said Dolan, an Austin doctor who reviewed Yates' medical records after her first trial at the request of her then-husband. "As doctors we're not going to look through 36 pages of labeling."

Fisher said the warning about "homicidal ideation" also appears on the one-page package insert given to all patients.

Yates, 42, has pleaded innocent by reason of insanity in her second murder trial that started two weeks ago. Her 2002 capital murder conviction was overturned on appeal because some erroneous testimony may have influenced jurors.

Yates' attorneys have never disputed she killed the youngsters but say she didn't know that the drownings were wrong. Prosecutors say Yates may be mentally ill but does not meet the state's definition of insanity.

She had been prescribed Effexor in varying doses after her first suicide attempt in 1999 and after staying at a mental hospital in 2001. A month before the children's bathtub drowning deaths, her daily dose had increased to twice the recommended maximum dose, Dolan said.

Yates continues to take Effexor, according to a psychiatrist testifying in her retrial.

Yates' lead attorney, George Parnham, said Wyeth should have publicized information about the possible rare adverse event, but said that will not affect Yates' case.

"Obviously this is a severely mentally ill individual who was on a plethora of psychiatric meds," Parnham said. "There's no question mental illness killed those children."

In 2004, the FDA ordered that all antidepressants carry "black box" warnings that they increase the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children. That action was driven by data that showed that on average 2 percent to 3 percent of children taking antidepressants have increased suicidal thoughts and actions.

Effexor is Wyeth's top-selling drug, with $3.46 billion in 2005 sales worldwide, more than twice the total for its No. 2 product and 18 percent of its total revenues for last year.

big mac
get some help from a therepist

keithmanley2000
see a doctor

im_the_one_dear_fella
i sometimes think about tying up a little girl (around what 13) and doing things to her and that really freaks me out ... a guy rapped
me and i felt terrible.. its obvious but for some reason i fell like i can do the same thing even if i was the victim and im a girl but sometimes when i get depressed i get these feelings a lot and i also sometimes feel like killing someone ... maybe its just anger ... are you bipolar ? i am .. some people say this mood swings are the responsible for sucha volatile imagination ..

rascal
Rating
If you think you are going insane, you are not! I would worry if you thought this was normal. What's really scary is how many people who may be in your frame of mind, do not have enough sense to tell a bunch of people on the Internet, they just act on impulse. R U having fun yet?

garyomega
In addition to the other answers, I will say this; if you were going, or had gone 'insane' you wouldn't know you were. That's what insanity is...the inability to comprehend reality. Coupled with violence, it is called psychotic.
Please try to remain rational. Ask your doctor to try Seroquel....it quiets down raging overwhelming thoughts. It will make you a little loopy for a while, but the thoughts won't plague you as much. Do seek help. your age unfortunately, is usually the time when symptoms of schizophrenia usually show up. Remain calm, there is a way out of your nightmare, but it doesn't involve violence to yourself or others. Give any guns or other weapons to a trusted friend until you can get a handle on this.

additional comment: it seems like someone gave a thubs down to every answer here. Ignore it.

louis
Rating
get some help because you never know

Pegasus90
Rating
Get your insulin level checked. If it is high (10 or more), then you may be having the thoughts as a result of how the brain reacts to blood sugar. www.hufa.org has some basic information on low blood sugar, and how to test yourself.

When I was at my lowest, I would think thoughts that were not related to reality.

We care. Talk to a counselor.

leogirl376
Rating
Thing is all this is very serious, and the last thing you need are all these people afraid and such. These are all very intense desires, feelings and such and many teens do in fact go through that, my friend actually is like that. What I've found best with him, is that someone can be able to talk to him normally about it and not freak out. If a person can talk to you and go through step by step what you're feeling and your desires, they can help you overcome. Those who fear just make things worse. Please be careful, and if you are on any antidepressants, I actually recommend stopped because many actually lead to further damage.

ChicaLoca
If you are on Medication for the depression and you are still having these kind of thoughts you need to go back to the doctor and explain this. You need help and need to talk to someone right away.

twofingers86
Rating
In light of all the recent school violence I hope this is only a joke. If it is "only a joke", shame on you. If you are sincere with this question you posted, I suggest you speak to a professional about these urges! I assume you are under the care of a mental health professional for your depression and possible schizophrenia; speak with that person. These feelings, if they are real, could be as simple as a medication problem. Regardless of the cause of these feelings, please seek help with this matter from a professional.

myheartisjames
you need some antipsychotics... tell your doctor who prescribes your medication for depression just what you have told us here and get some help before you do something horrible...

Amberlyn4
Rating
You really need to get into some counseling and take a copy of this letter and show it to the couselor.

The FFX Blitz â„¢
you're scaring me. Get some help right away. or else you can try to tackle you're craziness, uhhhh, relax or something try not to go overboard. just stay calm.

riverofmydreams
have your doctor regulate your medicine.. you shouldn't have 2 live your life unhappy..

uncle billy
Rating
talk to someone, teacher, counselor, a clergy person or doctor, but talk to someone.

scorpio girl
Rating
ok...this is serious business...these thoughts are not healthy. you really need to tell someone...otherwise these thoughts will pile up and over come you. you're much better than this so take control of it now.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy