Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

llac_queen
Im negative?
Im negative about myself is that a bad thing??
Additional Details
Everyone puts me down y not just do it to myself??

Jack Kerouac
Rating
are you a proton or an electron...if your a proton your positive......

negative all the time? electron

no seriously ---its ok to be that way at times...if you are posiotve all the time your a nusiance to the rest of us, and if negative all the time a pain in the...

best advice : lighten up---it could be worse...you could be ME

Been There~Done That!
Rating
If you are old enough get away from the things/people that are making you feel negative. Put yourself in positive situations. No one is going to do it for you. You have to do it for yourself.

You go girl!

Shinai
Yes, but rememebr everything depends on your perspective and mind. Wen you have negative thoughts and you need help, call on a positive friend. If they friend says thigs like "Sleep on it" or "I don't know" ovbiously its not helpful, but you want to heasr things that are flattering to your character. No one deserved to feel negative all of the time. Also when you get nervous, remember to think positive. Tell yourself it's not as bad as it seems, because it really isn't. Breathe deeply, expelling the negativity from your body, and if you're stressed, try yoga or meditation. Remember all the negativity is mental. I used to go thru the same deal, and I'm ontl temporary.

batman batman i can do karate
Rating
i am sometimes

crystal_clear_0000
Rating
If you feel like you are negative then you will be negative because what ever you feel inside can affect whatever you do but if you feel positive then you are sound simple but it is true it is up to you what you want to be which one do you want to be negative? or do you want to be positive? it is your choice you are in control so what's it gonna be? Never let anyone tell you that you are negative they can not control who you are and what you are only you can If you want to be positive start thinking positve start being positive you call the SHOTS!

reallyfedup
Rating
I'm told I'm negative too. However anytime I try to think positive and have some confidence in myself , I am put down. I was proud of my progress at my new job, far from perfect but learned alot in the past weeks, however, my boss made me feel stupid and wants to send me to a crummy department if I don't improve. I held back all the years never getting out on my own because I thought i would fail, i finally took the step and now I am headed downward fast. I am failing just like I thought i would. Positive thinking hasn't helped me. I agree that there's no point in thinking positive when others are negative towards us.

ladydeb
Rating
It's better to be positive. Better for your outlook, health and self-esteem. Practice.

Best-Of-Enemies
No, why is it 'bad'? Your opinion is as valid as anybody else's

shafan
Rating
Yes. you are the most important thing in ur life.. u are great... and being postive will only give you the drive and detemination to achieve ur goals

۝₪ڠYiffniff ڠ₪۝
It's a negative thing.

bobwis
yes it is because you must first love yourself before you can love someone or be loved if you feel bad about yourself try talking to a DR. or minister nobody can change the way you think about your self but you but talking with someone helps good luck

pistol pete
Rating
When your negative, you get negative results. If your satisfied with negative results, then is a good thing.

sobrien
Rating
100% negative is not good, but its not bad to know your negative points and to correct them.

dont just be negative about it, and sulk and whine about the negative, do something about it.

dufus61603
yep

mx3baby
Yes. Don't put yourself down.

Norm
I am too. I think it is bad, we need to be positive because it breeds success.

Your_Star
yes, just try not to get to a point where you feel worthless and hopeless.

graymarshall
That's a self-esteem problem; check out http://womenselfesteem.proboards29.com/

butterflies
Rating
Of course it is a bad thing .. Don't put yourself down . NEVER COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS , BUT COMPARE YOUR SITUATION TO THE EFFORTS THAT YOU MADE . Love yourselves people !

tanya_d_macdonald
Yes, negativity is very unhealthy, both mentally and physically (diseases such as cancer and heart-disease have been linked to a negative, pessimistic attitude, seriously!) Although it takes effort, the method for eliminating negativity is relatively simple: Thought Replacement. For the next week, keep a notebook with you at all times, and, when you catch yourself having a negative thought, write it down. Then, write down a positive replacement for that thought. For example; If your negative thought is "I look awful, today!" Replace that with something positive like "Hey, at least my hair looks good, and if I put on my favourite shirt, I'll feel even better about my appearance." Or, if your thought is "I am so overwhelmed, I'm not going to be able to get everything done!" Replace that with "I'm just going to put one foot in front of the other and do what I can. There's always tomorrow if I don't finish this today!" Your replacement thoughts don't have to be perfect. The point is, to get yourself into the habit of thinking and reacting more positively. If you find this difficult, try writing your replacement thoughts from the point of view of a best friend (who has your best interests at heart, of course). For example, if your thought is "That new guy I went out with last week still hasn't called me back. He must think I'm boring and unattractive!" , your "inner best friend" might say: "I'm sure he's just been really busy, and so what if he doesn't call back?! You're an amazing woman and if he can't see that, he doesn't deserve you!" After a week, practice replacing your thoughts without writing them down...just think them! It will get easier and more automatic until one day <POOF!>, you're a positive person! Positive thinking is the greatest gift you can give yourself! Enjoy!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy