Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

jgurl45
How long does it take to get over death?
my grandfather died 8 days ago. he was 90 and had alzheimers so it wasn't unexpected. he was the first person i've ever known to die and i had a really hard time for the first few days and cried nonstop. but now i'm beginning to get back to my old self and am starting to think about it less and less. how long is it going to take to get over this? and am i getting over it too fast?

Unknown
Some people never get over it.

Kitty L
3-6 months is the average grieving process. Sorry for your loss. Feel the pain and take your time.

Lynn M
Rating
I don't believe there is a "dead-line" on when to stop grieving. You will always remember your grandfather on his birthday and when he died. You will always remember your grandfather, in your memories. There is no time limit on grief. Cry, get angry, and then remember the good times. My grandfather died in 1991 and it took me a long time to stop grieving. But I always remember grandfather's birthday and death date. I hope this helps.......

nakita
Rating
never it just gets easier with time.

Qbanita
Rating
There is no time. My mother died on May 5th and I'm not all down and depressed like when it first happened, but it still hurts alot. Some people get over it faster than others and some people never get over it. It really depends on the person. Some people are stronger than others. You are fine. My condolences.

SereneSerenity
dont know just let it come naturally some get over it in 5 seconds like me and some it takes years and some never get over it

marlynembrindle
Everyone is different. For some it is a very short time, for others it goes on for a few years.

Your grandpa had a full long life, many people don't-and you have had all that time to make wonderful memories. You also have your life to live and it is natural for you to get on with your life.

Do h old on to the lovely memories of your grandfather and honor him by being the person he would want you to be-honest, loving,compassionate, sincere and have fun as you travel the path of life-so much is ahead of you-growing up,job,marriage,family, and before you know it, you will be a grandparent. Talk to family and friends of your memories of him-because of him giving birth to your parent, you now live.
marlyne B

caz40
Rating
It depends on many factors. One being how close you were to the person that passed, what you think about death, and was the death expected. My guess is you were pretty close to him. You loved him. You are sad he is no longer here on this plane. It is a 100% guarantee that we all get to pass on after this plane, but we don't really know what's next. Your grandfather may be feeling relief about passing on and no longer being in an aging body with a confused mind. He may be feeling free and whole and no doubt he would want you to feel good. He had a good, long life and you can be grateful that he was able to see and do many things in his life. And now he is at peace and he would want you to be also. You have his memories and how wonderful that is. Here is a quote I read awhile ago: When you are born you cry and people are joyful. Live your life well so that when you die you are joyful and the world cries. I am sure he was a wonderful man and you have his memories always.

fireball226
it might take a couple years....maybe you will get to see him in the next life..

jpaulda
Rating
no

super.lola69
Rating
he was 90 and it wasnt expected? wow my grandpa is 93 and hes doing good it appears, but in all relity i expect him to die anyday...hes 93 after all. but yeah it takes time to get over a persons death. but 8 years of greiving is a long time. i dont think thats too fast.

Sharon L
There is no time limit on grief, everyone is different. Just be you and don't put a timer on it. Grieving is a part of healing, it's a normal process, in time it fades, it gets easier. You will always feel a certain sadness when you think of your grandfather I'm sure, that is normal.

motorrobin
agreed with other answer, some poeple never really get over death.... especially dead people , i mean there is still loads of stigmatism. Its impossible to find work, an the accomodation provided is very cramped and sub-standard

dont tell people my grand mother died, i just say i stopped visiting her when she moved.....
They ask where she moved to and will carmly i with just name the cemetary

bun
Rating
srry but it depends with the person

kari
The grieving period varies from person to person. There is actually no "normal amount of time" There are 7 stages that people usually go through not in any particular order.
Look up seven stages of grief.
Grief can be a problem if after 6 months you are still having much difficulty with everyday life. Then you should speak to your doctor. Youre not getting over it too fast, youre doing just fine. You loved him and from time to time you will remember him and might feel a little sad.

Sue C
Rating
yes and no.. Time heals all but. Memeries are best

RadPinkShoes0oo
well it basically goes throught stages

grieving where your just really sad and that's all you can think about

then it's bargianing where you say you will do anything or give anything to have that person back in your life

then it's accepting where you are still very sad about what happened, but you accept the fact that everything happenes for a reason

my brother died when he was a baby and i know exactly how you feel.

hope you feel better

Chi_Indy
There is no set time in the grieving process. Look for a church that has grief classes. They help tremendously. You will never completely get over the loss, it just gets easier with time. Always remember your grandfather, and he will live forever!!!

EW
Rating
There are many things that determine length of grief work. I'd say for many people about a year, not all of that time will be severe grief; but on special days, birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas...I don't think you will be able to just "get over this."
Grief is work.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy