Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

supersteve002
I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my story now is i have no money at all, no job and my dad told me im a waste of space and is gona kick me on to the street tomoro. yesterday i tried to kill myself i took 5 zopiclone tablets and 9 antibiotics but it didnt work. so now iv got 1 sleepin pill left and a knife and i think im gona slice my wrists tonight coz i cant do anything else,
Additional Details
i really dont want to live anymore

laurarara
Rating
Look at this website: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide

If you still feel suicidal, find a hotline near you at http://www.befrienders.org or email The Samaritans at jo@samaritans.org

If you still feel suicidal, please go to your nearest hospital.

Saintrotter
Rating
"i think im gona slice my wrists tonight coz i cant do anything else"

Remember to bring a book - you will need to lose between five and eight pints of blood before you slip into hell.

CW
Rating
Ring the Samaritans

Mr-K-
That certainly isn't the way to deal with things, I can understand your situation is getting you down. But don't let it defeat you. You must have some fight left in you to post on here. Otherwise you would have just taken action. If you do feel suicidal go to your doctor explain the situation. Set up a small action plan for yourself. Are you applying for jobs daily, are you making an effort to meet your goals. For example you want a job are you actively looking. You will feel so much better just working and earning a bit of independence. I understand if you are depressed it could be difficult but anything would be better than how you are feeling now. Do you have anyone you can talk to confidentially? It is very helpful to voice your concerns with a trusting person. Don't Kill yourself, there is loads of help out there and good things ahead but you have to reach out for it. All the best mate.
I'm sure things will improve, just make some small changes.

noelia g
Rating
did you tell your dr that you were having trouble sleeping because you were depressed but did not continue to tell him WHY you were depressed? Depression does not cause inability to sleep, it is the TRYING to fix the problem of the depression. You say you have no job; hence, no money. Parents who do not understand you can be one of the problems of depression. Why do you not sit and write down what is depressing you (do not say the condition of the world because then the US President and the gov. would be as depressed) Is it a person? Can you talk or write to this person about your problem. Is it something that you did (or didn't do) can it be fixed. Finding out what is bothering you to feel the way you do is the first step.. I am also a depressed person who cries at the drop of a hat and then gets angry and upset if anyone calls my attention in order to help me. I found out that I have an upset in my system due to an illness; family loss due to a murder of my sister and then the unexpected death of both my parents. I am working at doing one day at a time and so can you but only if you realize what is eating at you to feel the way that you do. Good luck.....from one who has been and is still there.....

Lo S
Rating
Get on the phone right now and call an ambulance to come and
get you to take you to the emergency room, or if you have cab
money call a cab. call the police department and ask them to take
you to the emergency room of a hospital right now. NOW,
Call an emergency room and ask them to send someone.
Go outside and wait for them, or describe your clothing to them
and tell them you are going to start walking to the hospital and
ask them to come get you. You are sick, you need help, and it
is nothing to be ashamed of. It is no more shameful than having
a heart attack, or the flu. They can help you. Go to a hospital now.
I don't understand what they are saying about your not being depressed long enough, you need to tell the people at the hosptial exactly what
you wrote here. Go to a hospital, now. If you know one with a mental
health unit, go there. Don't waste any time.

JMMK
Rating
08457 90 90 90 This is the samaritans call them to help you. Tomorrow go to your local council offices and tell them u r homeless, they will house you. Then go to the job centre, sign on and start job hunting. I'm sure u have some lovely qualities and that ur Dad doesn't mean what he said, we all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment. Go back to ur dr again too and tell him what u've told us, insist in anti depressants. Gd luck

nora d
Sometimes life can be tough. It does not mean giving up though. I think tomarrow, you should get up, and go find a job. Then start making plans. Make a list of things you really want to do. Like with your life. Where you want to live. Where you can see yourself 10 years from now. Be serious.... Really think of what you want. Then take the steps to get there. Make it a goal that will drive you to keep working at it. Nothing is impossible. No one can stop you but you. So, why stay in the situation you are at? Its time to move forward. To learn to live. To embrace life. Not run from it.

micheleamanda
Rating
Please don't do anything as drastic as suicide!

There is nothing that is ever that bad!

The first thing you need to do is understand that you are not alone - there are lots of people who feel isolated as you do at the moment.

Find someone to talk to - even if it is just The Samaritans - ring them and talk to them about how you are feeling and they can advise you about where to go to start getting help.

Don't let this dark disease of depression win! Fight it and you'll come through the other side - I promise!

Phone the Samaritans! 08457 909090

Do it now!!

Jean A
The biggest thing to remember is EVERYTHING in life will get better. You just have to have the stamina to keep in there. Something WILL turn up.
Go and talk to the suicide help line and go and see the doctor for some help.
You need maybe anti depressants or/and some counselling.
Would your dad understand if you told him how you feel? Has he been a good understanding dad up to now?
If so maybe you need to talk to him or maybe a female relative about how bad you feel and how much you want to feel better.
Do not despair. Have faith in how life can change. Take care. jean

Lisa M
LISTEN TO ME! Do not try to hurt yourself in anyway again! You have your whole life ahead of you. You can use this pain to do great things such as write a book about your pain and your life. It is extremely therapeutic.
WHat the heck is your doctor giving you sleeping pills for? Go to another doctor tomorrow and get some help. DO NOT use the knife!!
Your dad is a bad dad for threatening to kick you out at any time. He should be comforting you and bringing you to the RIGHT doctor not telling you rotten things. YOU can make it through this.
Here is a good online article that someone wrote for people in the depths of despair:
http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/
Listen to us, not your dad. Call an ambulance to get to the hospital NOW.

Night_nurse
I am in such a similar money and family situation - I have no money and do not get along with my dad and sister. I can't get a job and move away as I look after some1 who is disabled.
Firstly, call a suicide helpline so you can talk things over and feel better now. Then look up counsellors / psychiatrists which are close to u on the net. You need some regular help. I talk with a counsellor regularly and it really helps, even when I'm having a bad day I am able to cope much better.

wag
Rating
yes you can you have all your life in front of you it will get better life is like that stop thinking about the bad things there is so much to live for i know i have been thire just give it time

Becky J
your problems will follow u to the other side. its not the way out get better an die old an happy

Greg P
Rating
Call 911.

Am I pregnant?
Rating
STOP!!! Call the suicide hotline now. 1-800-SUICIDE.
You are important to this world. God did not put you here for no reason. Do as I said immedietly

Gee
Rating
There's always somebody who will care. Call the Samaritans. They can help you.
What about your mum? Do you have any other member of family? I've been low, with no money, no job etc, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. you've just got to get there. The only way is upwards and you've got to be strong. It might seem like you can go nowhere now but in a few months/years time you'll realise it was stupid thing to think of doing. Things will get better. Please get some help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy