Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

Too Hot 4 U
I found my boyfriends bottle of...................?
i found a bottle of Paxil in my boyfriends cabinet. What should i do? Should i confront him about it?

parshooter
No, but it is time to move on.

Grieve
Yeah just tell him you found it.NO big deal,he could be depressed,and paxil is antidepressants for mentally ill people.

B-B@!! P!@Y@
Rating
what does paxil do?

yvonne s
Rating
hi there, paxil is used to treat depression, ask him how long he has been taking them and why, it could be that he has suffered something traumatic in his past, like a death of a loved one, or even something he has seen has traumatised him, people have flashbacks and get depressed over them, but the paxil must be helping him otherwise he would not be on them, maybe if you two are close, he will confide in you, and you could help him..good luck
i hope this helps
yvonne

LuvPinkPuffies
You might ASK about it, but you don't need to confront him about it.

Bones
Rating
try some u might like it......

marchain_ca
Why does it even matter that he takes Paxil?

Michelle M
Paxil is an antidepressant. I don't think that you should confront your boyfriend if you were snooping in his business. If you just happened to find it accidentally, then maybe you should ask him about it. You need to be careful how you ask because like I said it is an antidepressant.

carolina
No way. Men deal with depression a lot different to women so if you confront him, he may feel embarassed and his pride will be hurt. Let it be. Im sure he would like to tell you but doesnt know how to but dont pressurise him into telling you. Its his business so leave it as it is for now.

cfoxwell99
I would wait to see if he volunteers this info. He may be too embarassed, so let it be for now.

nrsebone
Rating
if it has his name on the prescription then no, but if it is someone else yes. bt the way paxil is an antidepressant.

Beth
Rating
No, it's really his business. He may not even currently be taking it. When he's ready to talk to you about it he will. It's not like it's crack or something.

angeleyes
Do you live with your boyfriend? If not, why are you snooping? If it has his name on the bottle, leave it alone, it's his business. And if it doesnt, how are you going to explain snooping where you shouldn't have been?

Sky
You should just leave it alone, unless he tells you about. If the bottle is prescribed for him you should not ask about it, because some people find it hard to tell others about their depression, he might feel you will not love him as much if he admits this. Paxil is antidepressent and also used for anxiety.

piethedog
Rating
So what?

bayareart1
Rating
whats there to confront? is it prescribed? don't be so nosey

picopico
Big deal. Half of the people in the US are on antidepressants.

joiedotbustertoo
Rating
Paxil is a prescribed anti-depressant. He probably needs it or he would not have a prescription for it. Some people find it hard to admit to depression. Give him a break. If he wants to share his medical history, he will. It's between him & his doctor. Leave it alone.

Tempest88
Rating
Well....
Did you have permission to look in his cabinets? Or were you snooping?
If you had permission then I would simply ask him "Hey what is that paxil in your cabinet for?" Maybe he still takes it, maybe he doesn't. Confrontation is hostile and doesn't promote communication.
If you were snooping, shame on you! Then you should ask him casually if he takes any meds, and what are they and what for? Snooping violates trust so that will be hard.

Depression is rampant throughout the world these days. Bravo to him for taking a step to help it.

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Rating
Mind your own business

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy