Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

a_ll_05
Can worry turn into Depression??
Can worrying turn into Depression? I some time worry a lot and some times way to much about things that i do not need to worry about .. can that turn into Depression?

stevemdfwtx
I am NOT an expert but I believe depression is a medical condition brought about by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Worrying too much is not a medical condition, it's a personality issue.

araceli
If you take the cerrain thing too serious it might

Jozie
yesh

lalaland
Possibly, it sounds like you could use something like meditation or relaxation everyday. That would help with stress. It's also really important to get a handle on your stress because it's the cause of many health problems.

Good luck, hope you can find a way to de-stress!

♥Choir♥
Definitely!!!!!!!

LOL
Rating
Sometimes if you worry too much!!

mustlovedogs
Yes, lots of dwelling on the negative, lots of anxiety.

Miss
Rating
Yes if you worry alot or to much it can eventually end up in depression!

Watermelon P
yes, if you over analyze things/ everything too much you can actaully become so fed up in the worry that you have created in your mind that whatever it may be that you are worrying about can definately cause you to be depressed. talk to someone about whatever it is that is worrying you, and you can speak to someone, a friend or whomever.

TJ2day
Rating
Two different issues. But can both be a problem... Try listening to upbeat music... refocus....

2loveless2
Rating
Yea Sometimes, your depressed because your worried and your worried because your depresed, a never ending cycle so just try to chil and relax, take thing a little easy!

Jen
weeeeellllllllll, it depends on what you are worrying about....it could be just alot of stress, not depression....

Tina
Rating
Yes, you could be suffering from anxiety. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and he/she can help you decide what is the right course of action to help.

butterfliesRfree
Yes....if you worry too much -- how can you possibly give your brain time to be happy?
It took me many many many years to figure this out and I hope it doesn't take YOU this long. But worrying about things does NO good.
If there is a situation out of your control, let it go and move on. I spent more time in my life worrying -- what a waste, huh?
I'll be 50 years YOUNG this weekend with a totally different attitude toward life -- and we've gone through HELL and BACK -- you would be shocked but ya know what? Still have roof over my head and don't worry about what other people think. Do I care about the people I love? YES I DO - 100%.....but I spent way too much time worrying about THINGS THAT NEVER EVER HAPPENED --- horrible, huh?
Think about it. It's up to YOU to be happy......YOU get in control of YOU.....okay???? For real.

Gina C
Yes.

Roxy Foxy P J
No its called stress that you have no control of! Depression is something else different! You need to stop worrying for no reason! Stress is what you bring upon your self!

Lakely
You can reduce the worry and prevent depression with self improvement things like Yoga and Meditation... and even a better diet, getting good fresh air and exercise will help quite a bit.

Some tips on all of these subjects here and even a particular Yoga posture for tension... http://newfreebooks.com Go to the "web research" section. Lots of good stuff to deal with worry and stress.

canada_winnipeg_man
Yes,eventually can turn to depression.
Anyone who worries unconstructively is in danger of clinical depression.

The first step to getting appropriate treatment, for depression or any emotional problem, is a complete psychological evaluation to determine whether you have a depressive illness, and if so, what type of depression. Consultation with a psychologist will include a review of your physical health history. Some medications as well as some medical conditions can cause symptoms of depression, so your psychologist will ask your family physician to rule out these possibilities if other physical symptoms are evident.

Lastly, the psychological diagnostic evaluation will include a mental status examination to assess the full range of psychological symptoms and problems. This will help identify any other psychological problems that might be present, and will help determine the most appropriate treatment for you.

Treatment choice will depend on the outcome of the evaluation. Most people do well with psychotherapy, but some require treatment with antidepressants in addition to psychotherapy. Medication can allow you to to gain relatively quick symptom relief, if you are experiencing severe and disabling symptoms. However, medication does not "cure" the depression, it only treats the symptoms. If you are depressed, you need psychotherapy to help you to learn more effective ways to deal with life's problems, and to change the negative thoughts and attitudes that have caused you to develop depression.

♥HM<3?
Rating
kinda..i guess

joni
Rating
absolutely, i'm guilty of that myself.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy