Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why live when we feel so much pain and suffering?

How do i avoid sleep?
i want to study but i feel very sleepy.as soon as i come from college i feel very ...

Depression?
i have depression, im doing all the right steps etc, the thing is i keep isolating myself, i dont wanna go out with my mates and just have a laugh, i cant find the motavation to do it? its upsetting ...

Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can ...

Suicidal!!!?
I am feeling really suicidal tonight and I am seriously about to kill myself but I don't know why! Here's what's going on. I was in a psych hospital for 2 weeks and they really helped ...

I think I am going insane?
I used to have thoughts of suicide alot, but I dont really anymore. Now my attention is turned towards other people. I dont know what im thinking anymore.

Everytime im in school (im 16) I ...

This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?...

I need help?
today im at an all time LOW! i posted on here the other day, i then went to a doctor who gave me some sleeping tablets coz i hadnt been depressed long enough even though its been 4 months! anyway my ...

Trying not to harm myself..[cut]?

i have a bad temptation to cut myself..
but i have been just scratching myself..
where i would cut.. is this bad?

i also snap.....

Are you LIVING or merely EXISTING?
I know I'm just existing right now, my life is meaningless, I have no purpose. What about you?
Additional Details
I'm 26 but had mental problems ever since I was 12. They'...

I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let ...

Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I ...

Self harm?
Okay so....for the past two months I've been self harming and today my friend had a massive go at me for doing it yesterday. I promised her that i wouldn't do it anymore. anyone got any ...

How to help a teenage son that has depression problems?????help me please?

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

Tara
Antidepressants??
Hi,
I'm 25 and have found myself to be very depressed lately. I'm going through a divorce, ect. I have tried Paxil and Lexapro, and both make me very sick to my stomach, which I thought was wierd because I usually have no problem with medications. And I eat before I take them. I stopped because I just can't deal with the nausea, it puts me in bed for the whole day!

Is there anything out there that anybody is aware of that may have different effects on my body?
Thank you! Happy New Year

Kevin P
Rating
Marijuana, problem solved.

Dasha
maybe you should just go out more! See your friends go to parties or clubs! find a new boyfriend...

gus
Rating
xanax.

sweetie p
Try breaking in half to start with and take right before you go to bed. You can have these side effects for a few days but it does stop.

starfairychild
Rating
You might want to talk to your psychiatrist about lowering the dosage of the medication you are taking. It might just be your body telling you that it's too strong of a dose. Make sure that the foods you are eating are full of protein. You might want to also try milk, it coats the stomach. Its not just important to eat a meal before you take the medication, its also important to be eating consistent meals through out the day. Let me warn you in advance, finding the right medication for depression can be a very drawn out and frustrating process. You might have to go through 50 different medications before finding the one thats best for your body chemistry. When you do find it however, the process you had to go through will have been worth it. I take a non-theraputic dose of Zoloft and it works for me. Good Luck!!

John M
Rating
Thought about sincere prayer and church?

ouirotdpyviyrt
proxac

so-real
I was on lexapro b4, and it didnt work.
I found Seroxat worked very well, so maybe try that. But in my honest opinion , i dont think anti depressants are the way to go, i was on them for 3 years and they did me no good, i felt worse after i went off them.If ur not already seein a therapist i wud recommend u do that, depression cant be fixed with tablets, it has to be you, and without them u have a clearer mind to deal with everything, its hard but im sure u can do it :)

The First Dragon
Rating
You shouldn't be asking YA for advice on medications; even those of us who are doctors haven't had a chance to examine you.
But here are a couple of ideas: Exercise is found to work as well or better than antidepressants in a lot of cases. Also, it's near the Winter Solstice now, you may benefit by getting some extra light. Go outside more, and/or use brighter lights in the house.

Hayley
Rating
are medications really going to address your issues or just going to block them out of your mind for a while?? behonest with yourself and you will see that things are what you make them.. sometimes in life things happen, we live and we learn for our next challenge that comes about. My thoughts and prayers are with you :)

Maris
Rating
Hi Tara, I take Lexapro - but I take it at bedtime so it helps me get some sleep. You need to talk to your doctor about your side effects so you can get something that will work for you. I also take valium, which I get no side effects from, but that is more for pain than for depression.

Your doctor will help you find something that works - I know I had to try a couple different things before they found something that works for me.

Durango
Rating
Ive been on effexor for a year without problems. You got to give your self time to get used to some of these meds.

good luck

ilovmwb1999
Hello I also take Lexapro and I had the same problem I even tired to take it b4 bed which just made me not sleeo b/c I was sick to my stomach all night so my doctor gave me a nausea medicine to take with the Lexapro that does help me 100%. The Medication is Reglan 10mg. I hope this helps Good Luck and Happy New Year:)

MiMi Sugar
Rating
There are all kinds of meds out there discuss this with your doctor and he can give you something else!!

Yeah
i take zoloft it doesnt affect my stomach at all, yeah i used to take prozac and i really messed with my stomach so i know what you mean, i take them even though i hate them because i know that i depend on them to be happy, well maybe not happy but normal at the least

hasse_john
Rating
before you get into the toxic pharmaceuticals, try Exercise, drink more water, take vitamin ''B". Prayer might help, and can't hurt.

Presto's Girl
Rating
I take Celexa and it does not hurt my stomach! Beleive me I have taken, Wellbutrin, Lexapro,Paxial and Cymbalta and it all had adverse effects on me! There is also Effexor that my mom takes and it dosen't make her sick either!
Or try this link for some Herbal Medicines for depression! Hope this helps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy