Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

pullthetrigger
This may sound stupid but....?
what is so wrong with wanting to die?
we never asked to be born into this world, so why are we always expected to enjoy it and want to live?

Daniel
Wanting to die is known as feeling suicidal, which is bad ... It's not normal if you think it's normal then you yourself are not normal.

mz gutta down south
Rating
You really dont want to die you may think you do. But just as soon as a docter tells you have cancer or aids you will be crying like a baby.asking the Lord why is this happening to you,And he will say because you wanted to die so bad.

Mia
Wanting to die normally indicates a very bad illness. PLease get help, things can better, even if it won't happen overnight.

dms*157*
Rating
The thing that is so wrong with wanting to die is that it's selfish.
I can understand if you have a long term incurable illness and you have suffered alot and will continue to suffer until death but if it's just a case of life not going your way I think it's a real cowardly thing to do.
My nephews dad killed himself before Christmas, my nephew is 8, and he clearly didn't have any regards for the people around him. He shot himself and his father had to find him. Nothing will ever take away his dads pain of seeing his son lying dead and nothing will ever take the pain away from my nephew who now has to grow up without his daddy praising his acheivements.
If you want to die then get help and spare a thought for the people who you would be leaving behind. They are the ones who will truly suffer if you were gone.

Miss H
Rating
People think its so wrong to want to die because of all of those people out there who have their lives taken from them.

It is not normal to want to die and human life is considered so precious that its almost as if you are throwning a gift away. Your life also has alot of meaning to others and your demise will affect many people in a negative way so wanting to end it all can be considered very selfish.

chinablu
its a good question to ask and i guess the answer is individual to each person ...from your bleak question ..i take it you are feeling depressed and at those moments it does feel that way .....i guess the reason why we all want to live is becasue its the nature we are born with and we have been fighting to stay alive since we were born and it just seems to go against nature to want anything else...but i guess when you are in that situation it does feel like why bother to live...maybe its becasue there are those moments in life when life is just sooo good that you wouldnt have wanted to miss them ...nothing in life is static and just becasue life is kicking you right now does not mean it will remain that way ..sometimes its about changing perspective..maybe you need to move from where you are and see the world in a different way and then maybe you will fell trully alive at that point .....i guess we are alive becasue so many would have liked to stay alive but were not able to hold on and their lives were either taken from themn or they had their lives cut short and i guess the world just feels you are being selfish to not apprecaite what you have that so many dont ......hope you feel better soon

HeatherzFeatherz
life is what you make it

ANDY F
Rating
We just have to live with it.

nash
so giving up is the option?

to me thats not human nature

one is constantly searching for greener pastures of happines?

purplepeace59
We are genetically programmed with a survival instinct which drives us to fight for our survival. However, extreme suffering mental or physical can I believe trigger an instinct to want to die. We are not physical programmed to suffer or tolerate suffering and our society doesn't condition us to cope positively with real suffering. Physical suffering no matter how you look at it will always be a negative experience. However, mental suffering can be reinterpreted. Drugs, hypnosis, counselling or life events can and do change the experience of mental suffering into something quite different, quite positive.

steel9maiden
Rating
Well your mother went into a lot of effort to have you. It would be a shame to throw it back in her face.

clairelouise
Rating
because for some people, life is such a precious gift that they dont have much of.
its not fair for some people to be able to choose when they die, and others not. my friend died a year ago, just a few weeks after she turned 21. heart attack.
she had such a love for life. what right does a person have to take their own life?

Rebecca
Rating
It doesn't sound stupid. We're not always expected to enjoy life, but I admire people who try hard to make the most of it. I also know it's not always that easy to find the zest and motivation to feel happier when we're feeling crap. Two main problems with wanting to die and acting on the impulse: you won't be around to experience the good bits when they do come along, and you'll emotionally kill the loved ones you leave behind.
Hope you manage to find your zest for life this year, have a happy one.

asleep_or_dead!
Rating
you know..sometimes i also think of that...

...maybe it's because we have a purpose...

camelsof7
Rating
i don't find it stupid at all, I'm actually pro suicide if the mood strikes but then again that only happens when I'm off my meds so i guess its not right. they treat you for thinking this way maybe you should take that into consideration. i liked your thought though it makes perfect sense to me. its not so much saying your suicidal but more of a question and that's it.

SummerBreeze
Rating
There is the want to do many things in the world sweetie, but there is alot to stick around for with a lifetime of things you've yet to experience. As hard as it may all seem sometimes, the good far out weight the bad. So why shouldn' you enjoy it?

Trouble
I know exactly what you mean hun. There are times in life when things really hurt you or weigh you down and you feel like what is the point?? I have struggled timelessly with that question, what is the point of life? Well, all I can say is that I have found that the answer is different for everyone, it is a personal thing. Mine is love, life is about love. I can't find any other reason worth living for other than love. Love for your family and friends, for yourself. You have to love yourself to love others. Somebody loves you and that is priceless. Find a goal in life to pursue that helps, don't wander aimlessly through life staying in a rut. Explore the world and find new people. Love is the key :-)

spencer43
Rating
Why would you think you sound stupid? Are you feeling suicidal? Do you have family and friends around you? There is nothing more certain in life than death! You are quite right that none of us asked to be born, but that said we were so it's worth seeking some help / advice as to how to tackle these negative feelings you are experiencing at the moment. Life has a habit of having ups and downs and isn't a bowl of cherries all of the time - and accepting this is a start. Parhaps this is a phase you are going through and will pass eventually - in the meantime joy can be found in the simplest of ways and there is help out there which would help you to see this. Talk to someone, your GP, a family member, a friend, the samaritans, someone who will listen, this is a first important step. I truly hope you can find some enthusiasm for life soon. Take care and good luck xx

?
i dont think that wanting to die is wrong.

i think that if you are truly miserable in life and tried to make it better but couldn't then you should be able to leave this world. i believe that suicide isnt wrong as long as a lot of thought is put into the decision to commit it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy