Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If I tell an adult that I cut, will they REALLY do this to me?!?!??!?
I heard that if you cut and you tell, you will get sent to a mental hospital or special institue for treatment. I also heard that at one of the institutes they make you sleep in cells??? Is that true?...

Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not ...

Accidental Overdose?
Okay so I did it on purpose, but now I changed my mind.
I took 5-30 mg Remeron 3, 5-20 mg fluoxetine, 7-20mg celexa, 5-10mg flexeril, and 5 hydrocoodone/apap 10/650 about 12 minutes ago.
I ...

I feel sad, upset and depressed at all times?
what should i do?...

Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous....

I feel suicidal and have tried to end my life lots of times they wnt admit me and i feel i need to be?
i have been suffering from deppression since 4 years old and only seeked help in the last two years i feel desperate if i don't get admitted soon i will be dead and no one seems to care even ...

How can I control my anger when it comes to my insane grandmother?
I live with my grandmother who has alzheimer's and dementia. She goes off on me alot and annoys me with hopes to make me mad. She thinks she's five or so, and I'm 17. I know I should ...

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

mchunterana
Can depression??
Two quick questions about depression!

1) Does being depressed make you more irritable towards others and your response when others approach you??

2) Depression - I know it can affect your sleep but to feeling sooo tired all the time and sleeping lots to having a very disturbed sleep (ie_ waking up ever 1/2 hour to hour??) to not sleeping at all ??

Thxs in advance!

Sierra G
Rating
well me myself have a borderline wwhere my depression comes and goes and yes you sound like you have symtoms of depression and some medications are good too treat this cause im on medication and it helps mne not 100%but alot better!!!:)im on LUVOX(FLUVOXAMINE)try it ,it helps me!

harley
Rating
1. absolutely!!!!

2. absolutely!!!

see your doctor about this. they can help, and leaving it untreated for too long gets frustrating, and can ruin relationships and friendships.

good luck and lots of hugs!!

Melissa R
Rating
well honestly being depressed can make it to where you like are on the look out constantly and more closed up.. sometimes when people talk to you, most likely your responses will be a little rude and you'll be very sensitive.. there really isn't much you can do about depression but change your outlook on life and just try to make the best of it.. people can be very rude but don't let that crap get to you. the best thing to do is to just ignore it and just shake it off. just be glad that you are alive and let people see that nothing will bother you! you make the best of life and everything, you cant blame others for your problems. if people are aggravating you or hurting you its up to you whether you let it get to you or not.
Depression is very unhealthy and you really need sleep. I don't know what you could do about the fact that you don't get much sleep. but I think if you talk to people and make the best of everything then life will get better and you'll get more sleep! just chill and live your life! don't let anything get in your way!!

lucasf999
Rating
thats not depression its bi-polar or adhd.How do I know ?I have it.Being irrtable toward people is not something depressed people do, they try to avoid people and just try to hold up by theirselves.And the sleeping problem is the aniexty from the adhd or bi-polar condition you need to get on some aniexty medication so you can sleep better

caffsans
Rating
1 depression does make you want to stay in your own little space

2 depression can make you want to sleep all the time depending on what medication you are taking

Lynn M
1. Yes

2. Yes

Please look up depression on the net very good resources their. I thought I have been depressed for 9 years. My Dr.'s thought I was crazy. Well I got my thyroid checked out and it was bad so I am on Synthroid. I was trying to control the on stages of diabetes and found out that I have to get on medicine for that. Now I am on the road to good health.

Please check out resources and then go to a good Dr. Good luck.

CLICKHEREx
Rating
1) Yes, it can. 2) See pages 2 & 3 at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris

Beavis
Rating
The answer to both of your questions is YES, without a doubt. Good luck.

andee_sky
Rating
First of all clinical depression can make you very irritable. You have less tolerance. The chemicals in your brain are not making enough natural "feel good" chemicals such as seratonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Sleeping all day is normal for depression- just can't face the day. Sleep deprivation at night is caused by the anxiety caused by the depression. Depression and Anxiety go hand in hand. There is no shame in being depressed. I would see a doctor. Your quality of life is so important. You don't want to look back in 5 years and say " I coud have done that but I couldn't focus or stay awake or even want too"...... Hang in there. Andee_sky

Erica B
Depression can be completely debilitating. In this area, I am unfortunately able to speak from experience. All of the things you describe can be symptoms of depression- either chemical or situational.

The best thing you can do is find someone to talk to. A professional is best- if not a therapist then a doctor.

In the mean time- try to look for what “triggers” you- are there things that upset you or create a situation where you are feeling worse? Are there things that lesson the symptoms? There is no quick answer- The best first step is to seek help.

Best wishes!

Gemmy
Rating
Yes, yes and yes. Depression is a rough something to go through. Trust me, I did five years ago and thankfully had a support system in my family and friends to help me through. The tiredness all the time is due to fatigue, one of the many, many physical affects of depression. Your sleep cycle will be interrupted, never the same one night to the next. And yes, your temper flares at any little thing, and you have unexplained mood swings that you don't really understand. I'm asking you to please, please seek out a medical professional who can help you with either medication or counseling, because you can't just 'snap out of it' like some people may tell you to do. Depression is a very real problem, and it doesn't mean you're crazy. Don't ever think that. Just concentrate on yourself, and good luck. I will be saying a prayer for you.

jes1219
1)yes.

2)that's called insomnia - which is sometimes started by depression. going to a doctor is highly reccomended.

stephendiggs@sbcglobal.net
Rating
It doesnt sound like you are suffering from depression,it sounds like you have alot of anger that you have not dealt with so its coming out in other forms. I would strongly suggest for you to get some counseling.
2.Yes depression can affect your sleep patterns,but Ive suffered from depression for over 20 years and true Depression goes way beyond what you have described. You could possibly be suffering from a sleep disorder which would also explain why you are so irritable.

lydellpate@sbcglobal.net
being depressed can effect people in different ways, some folks eat alot, some folks eat a little, some over sleep, some undersleep. if u think u r deperssed seek help, its not fun, i know this from experience. u could b tired because u r not getting enough sleep and therefore leading to irritability. figure out the reason for ur lack of sleep. good luck!

woolly worm
DEPRESSION EXIBITS ITSELF IN MANY WAYS INCLUDING WHAT YOU ASK IN YOUR QUESTIONS ONE AND TWO. THINK ABOUT ALL KINDS OF WAYS TO LOWER STRESS AND TENSION AND MAKE FRIENDS WHO ARE POSITIVE AND ENCOURAGING AS TO YOUR WELL-BEING. OFTEN DEPRESSION IS SELF INFLICTED BY LIVING A LIFE STYLE THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE. THINK THINK ABOUT IT !! LEAVE IRRITABILITY BEHIND YOU AND SEEK SELF-SATISFACTION AND HAPPINESS BY MAYBE LEARNING SOMETHING NEW MAYBE IN A TRAINING PROGRAM OF SOME SORT AND MINGLE WITH FELLOW STUDENTS OR SOME SUCH THING. WHEN YOU SLEEP, THEN SLEEP AND THATS IT !! DONT TAKE A LOT OF NEGATIVE BAGGAGE WITH YOU ALL THE TIME. YOUR SMART !!! DO IT!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!

J T
Rating
Depression can cause both things you mentioned, but before you diagnose yourself as being depressed , stress can have the same effect, as can other things. If you really think you are suffering from depression you should consult your doctor.

cjs702006
Rating
Being depressed can make someone feel many different things.......I know this because I have severe chronic depression AND bi-polar.
When I was in one of my very depressed stages, anything that anyone did ticked me off.....I don't care what they said, I found fault in it.
As for your sleep question.....that sounds like somewhat of a bi=polar issue to me, in a "manic" stage.

The best thing to do is find in your area a mental health provider and talk to them before either problem gets worse.

Kaosmunki
Rating
Yes to all, but it's not an excuse for any of it. Unfortunately, due to the effect depression has in your brain, it can cause a great range of psychological and physical symptoms. But if you're aware of it, it's your responsibility to do something about it. So yeah, it can make you wide awake or totally wasted tired, and crabby as anything. Luckily there's plenty of ways to battle the nasty beast.

Ma RU
Rating
Yes to both question. Depression is serious and you should talk to your doctor. Most of the meds take up to 30 to 45 days to start to work. Good lucky :)

undercovernudist
1, yes and 2, i am tired all the time so yeah

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy