Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I am thinking about suicide...help?
i have severe depression and major ODD. i cant get along with anyone in my family, i only have two good friends, and my medication does NOT work. im in DBT group and therapy but that dosent seem to ...

If you acheive only ONE dream before you die, what would you want it to be?

What do you do when your feeling low?
I've been feeling low the past few days, need to kick myself up the a*se and get out of it. Any suggestions?...

Plzz answer.Is it important to apologize when we do something wrong?
I never like to apologize to anyone eventhough i did something wrong.Is it a bad attitude?...

My boyfriend keeps stabbing me with a pencil...is this normal??
He's done it like 5 times in a row now. It's Ow! He just did it again! Why is he doing this?? OW! he won't stop! Help!!! Is he normal??...

Forms of self harm?
Should people who hit themselves, seek help as much as those who cut? Or should they keep quiet as its more likely to be ignored and it isn't as harmful?

I know many people think it�...

Gimme another word for a fart!?

Does the pain ever go away?
My aunt and best friend past away on 4-27-2007, and it's been very hard for me. Sometimes, I am in a good mood, thinking and laughing about the fun times we had, but then I realize she's ...

Does it make me gay if...?
I think Johnny Depp is attractive by the way i'm a guy and friggin love woman but does this make me gay or metro or what?
Additional Details

Why cant you people answer a serious question?
some people have no shame whatsoever..people are opening their hearts to you on this site, and some of you are pig ignorant, why dont you bloody grow up, and just think with your tiny little brains ...

I saw a really scary movie and now i'm a wreck. What do I do?
I absolutly hate scary movies and usually don't watch them. My cousin convinced me to watch the Skeleton Key at a little sleepover we had and said it was just a thriller and not scary in the ...

Would you turn in your own sister if she was abusing her children?
I did...I spoke up...and now I am the bad guy in the family. I still think that I did the right thing. By the way, the abuse was of a mental/psychological and verbal nature, and I would catagorize ...

What was the last thing that scared you?

Dads funeral at 2pm how do i keep it together?
scared of breaking down big time and embarrassing ...

My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me ...

How can i be happy ??

Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best ...

Does anyone else find it scary when they think 'one day im going to die ?'?
I think about this every day, some days it doesnt seem to matter but other days its so scary it panics me .... anyone else feel this way ?...

What to do when ur scared a beaten everyday but no one believes u?

Dropping out of school?
I don't want to drop out, i want to get through the next year and be happy that i've finished.
But sometimes i get really overwhelmed with everything and i just start to think "W...

abear518
I need a good reason to be alive?
I've been incredibly depressed as of late; I cry daily for hours on end. My girlfriend dumped me; I suffered a back injury which squelched any chance that I had of playing baseball in college; now I've deceided to go to USF but will be in great debt once school is over; I could stay home and attend a local college but I fear I would loose my sanity;
I just need something to get me through. I feel I can't talk to anyone about it, not even my mother as I fear I will scare her. Can anyone help me stop self-loathing? I just don't know how to get over constant dissapointments realting to things I care so much about.

Kira pilot of the Freedom
Rating
don't say that. You have to live for your mom and dad

Claire
Oh you dear sweetie, you really need to talk to a counselor or something. I am a counselor so if you need a friend to talk to please do not hesitate to email me. My addy is in my profile. Good luck hon. Claire

Smile Baby :]
I asked myself that question too. Now think about the people you are going to hurt if you take that action? I was in the same shoes as you are now [only with a different situation]. I hung on and it got way better, of course it took years. I still do have those bad days but hey, life isn't easy, if it was, nothing would get done & there wouldn't be a point in living. And i too was afraid to tell my mom but i did anyway and she freaked out. She's currently helping me. I believe that everyone has a role/purpose in life. I haven't found mine yet. As for your schooling, apply for scholarships and ask if the school can help you with some of your tuitions. Now you hang on there and don't go the easy way. Don't quit on life. Get out of the house and do something with your friends or your mom. Staying inside & being depressed makes it worse [at least for me]
Good luck and "keep holding on because i know you'll make it through"

Liz J
Hi. So sorry to hear about your situation. I had a similar problem when I was in high school. First thing to do is to go to someone you love, like your mother, and tell them that you have been feeling really bad lately and that you dont know what to do. Rather than telling her that your suicidal and that there is no hope, try saying something like "I have been really depressed lately and feel like something in my life seriously needs to change for me to snap out of it.". Then maybe you can discuss the things in your life you can change like where you are going to school. You could try working for a year before starting school. Hopefully she will understand and help you figure out what to do.

Also, I have found medications like prozac very helpful. I dont know if you have ever tried meds, but I can tell you that prozac has really made me a happier person without changing who I am or diluting me. Look into that.

Ok. If you cant do anything that I have listed above or you thing that going to USF is your best option, then make the best of it! Beleive me. Once you are done with high school your head will clear and things will make more sense. Remember that, while college is expensive, ultimatlly it will allow you to get to where you want to go in life.

I have been through some hard times myself and believe me that, although you may not see it now, there is something to live for.

Good luck

hildur o.
Rating
The best thing you can do, though it seems hard, is to move on, live for the future, live for the things and people that do make you happy, and don't lose sight of the fact that life is beautiful. Embrace even the simplest things that make you happy and focus on them, don't dwell in your depression. Get out and try to meet new people, keep moving forward. Talk to someone - even if it seems intimidating - and let your emotions out (a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved and all that). good luck :)

Pernicious1
When I was 16 I tried to kill myself. I realized later that I didn't really want to die I just didn't want to live with the crap that was going on in my life at the time and I saw no other alternative. I came very close to succeeding in my suicide attempt. I can honestly tell you that I have thanked God so many times that I did not die that day. I never would have experienced my children's birth, their Christmases, and the unconditional love that only a child can give. I never would have laughed at a baby's antics or cried tears of joy and pride as I watched them graduate. There is a lot to look forward to in life. Please talk to a counselor and start a journal. A new day with great things are just around the bend. Trust me, it's worth fighting for!

dinky
The goverment is handing out money next month. That never happens.. Winter is finally over.

Tinkerbell
Have you thought about asking your Dr. for an anti-depressant? Worked wonders for me!

dagonyah
It'll get better, it always does. I went through a rough patch when I was in high school that sounds about as bad as yours. I don't really want to go into detail, just know I have an idea of what you're going through and from experience, it gets better. Five years from now, you'll realize that it doesn't matter that you broke up (and your back, ect.) and you'll laugh at how much it bothered you then. It'll get better.

Someone
Whatever you do, do not committ suicide!

Everybody is put on this planet for a reason. You are still young. You don't know what the future holds for you. Keep living, because you have a purpose. You may not know that purpose at the moment, but you will figure it out as you live your life; that's the whole part of growing up - figuring out who you are.

Stop loathing yourself. Everybody has at least some good qualities. Figure out what those are, your strengths, and focus on those. Once you start thinking positive, your whole mentality will improve.

You definately need to make an effort to talk to someone. Although you're afraid of talking to your mother, I think that you should, because if you take your life, she will be the one bearing the guilt and grief. Don't put her through it. No mother wants to experience. If you love her, please talk to her. I don't know if you're religious, but if you're Christian, for example, you can talk to your priest, pastor, or minister for guidance.

I obviously don't know you, and you don't know me, but I do know that ending your life at such a young age would be a horrible thing. PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

I hope I've helped you in some way. FYI, I am also going to begin college in the fall, and may also be in financial trouble, but I'm going to go ahead with it because I know the experience will help me figure out exactly who I am, and what my purpose is in life.

I hope you have the strength to improve your own life. =D

Matt K
Watch "last lecture" on youtube. A great 76 minutes to spen time on. AMAZING!!!!

Reign of Terror
Rating
i'm sorry for your pain but the truth of the truth is that we all have our crosses to bear and there's no way out of this slump of depression. i know, i've been there. and sometimes it fades away, sometimes it stays. there's no good reason to live.
Life is the fear of life, suicide, and the afterlife.
i'll keep you in my prayers and i hope life goes upwards for you soon.

If you only knew
GOD PUT YOU ON THIS EARTH FOR A REASON. STOP WAISTING TIME SITTING IN YOUR ROOM AND FIND THE REASON SO YOU MAY MAKE YOUR MARK. DO IT NOW!

I know what you're going through. We have all been through it at one point. Believe me there are so many people out there who deeply care for you and would be devastated if you where gone. You will find another, someone better. This to shall pass.

charlotte
Rating
God loves you. I know that's cliche but it got me through a lot. Take a look inside your bible. Know that God put you on this earth for a purpose and even though you are running into these obstacles, you probably haven't fufilled that purpose yet. Live for that.

frnchfries2000
Rating
can you take a year off, work on healing your back, and then go to college and play baseball?

Emily
Rating
yeah...
sometimes life doesn't go the way we want to.
We all have ups and downs. Sometimes the downs may last too long and you get depressed. But you need to get up. Try to find something positive in things you do. Start with little things, every day. Try to smile, even though you don't want to.
Try doing things to keep you busy.
Maybe your girlfriend and you were not meant to be in a long run?
Please don't give up.
You only have one life, make the best out of it.

xoxo

weavertucky
Rating
Living is just cool in general. Just concentrate on how cool the little stuff is and try not to worry on the big stuff for a bit, it'll work out.

Bandaloop Doctor
Rating
find something to make your life worth living, and find something fulfilling, read, cook, swim in cold rivers, watch sunsets, think about life, visit and re-connect with old friends, live your life, we don't have that much time...

Snapple
Start caring about new things! You are going to be in college! Who cares about the debt? Everyone gets debt when they go to college. You simply have to work hard to pay it off over time. And in college, you'll get to meet all new people and form new relationships. You'll get to enjoy new experiences and perhaps you will find a new girl that you fall for. Bad things happen: you just have to look past them and think of the positives. You're about to embark in a new chapter of your life when you go to college!! Close the old chapter and start fresh.

Also, it's almost summer. That's very nice :) . Even if you have to have a full time job, you will still get time off every once in a while to do fun things. Try golfing if you don't already. It makes you feel so much better.

musicislife901
Rating
You wonderful! Just ask your Yahoo!Answers community- don't listen to those who are mean to you- they're worthless.

Phillip B
You ask people to help you fix a problem that only you can really fix. Look outside and see the clouds and feel the wind and see all the other beautiful women who walk down the street. Hear the laughter of all the children and yes hear the crying too because you were lucky enough to wake up for another day. Life is hard and yes you have your own problems but you can't quit or hide. It is going to be as rough as you allow it to be. Even when you feel down or that you can't handle the problems you face look at all the beauty you see around you and take that inside yourself. Life is always worth living. You just have to see it and let it in. I have many things that have gone wrong in my life but I smile and grin and try to make it better for my family and friends and anyone I come in contact with. It will be what you allow it to be. Think about it sir.

sammy knows
believe or not everybody has those kind of feelings, were only human. think about the oppurtunities you have that millions dont. let time heal.

tessa46
Rating
go out and help the elderly work with animal groups at the shelters

♦♣♣!
find more love get married drink be happy your injury will get cured go out there and see the world people out there luv you!
you have a life ahead of you!!!!

Derek F
well chances are if you made it into college, you'll be just fine. Go to a psycologist, don't feel like it's wrong, I'm not kidding. But if you can't afford it, just do well in college and always be looking for oppurtunities. Trust me, one'll come.

Sam
cause if your dead u cant have fun.

soozin :]
God loves you! he wants you to live!

Einstein was a LIBERAL.
Your mother will suffer tremendously if you kill yourself. She will never recover. That is unforgivable.

Yvonne D
Rating
Suicide is a PERMANENT solution to a temporary problem.

You will be happy again - no matter HOW bad you feel right now You Will Be Happy again

I promise you

(((((hugs)))))

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy