Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If you acheive only ONE dream before you die, what would you want it to be?

What do you do when your feeling low?
I've been feeling low the past few days, need to kick myself up the a*se and get out of it. Any suggestions?...

Plzz answer.Is it important to apologize when we do something wrong?
I never like to apologize to anyone eventhough i did something wrong.Is it a bad attitude?...

My boyfriend keeps stabbing me with a pencil...is this normal??
He's done it like 5 times in a row now. It's Ow! He just did it again! Why is he doing this?? OW! he won't stop! Help!!! Is he normal??...

Forms of self harm?
Should people who hit themselves, seek help as much as those who cut? Or should they keep quiet as its more likely to be ignored and it isn't as harmful?

I know many people think it�...

Gimme another word for a fart!?

Does the pain ever go away?
My aunt and best friend past away on 4-27-2007, and it's been very hard for me. Sometimes, I am in a good mood, thinking and laughing about the fun times we had, but then I realize she's ...

Does it make me gay if...?
I think Johnny Depp is attractive by the way i'm a guy and friggin love woman but does this make me gay or metro or what?
Additional Details

Why cant you people answer a serious question?
some people have no shame whatsoever..people are opening their hearts to you on this site, and some of you are pig ignorant, why dont you bloody grow up, and just think with your tiny little brains ...

I saw a really scary movie and now i'm a wreck. What do I do?
I absolutly hate scary movies and usually don't watch them. My cousin convinced me to watch the Skeleton Key at a little sleepover we had and said it was just a thriller and not scary in the ...

Would you turn in your own sister if she was abusing her children?
I did...I spoke up...and now I am the bad guy in the family. I still think that I did the right thing. By the way, the abuse was of a mental/psychological and verbal nature, and I would catagorize ...

What was the last thing that scared you?

Dads funeral at 2pm how do i keep it together?
scared of breaking down big time and embarrassing ...

My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me ...

How can i be happy ??

Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best ...

Does anyone else find it scary when they think 'one day im going to die ?'?
I think about this every day, some days it doesnt seem to matter but other days its so scary it panics me .... anyone else feel this way ?...

What to do when ur scared a beaten everyday but no one believes u?

Dropping out of school?
I don't want to drop out, i want to get through the next year and be happy that i've finished.
But sometimes i get really overwhelmed with everything and i just start to think "W...

Why are some people more shy than others?
Is it self-esteem problems from child hood and their peers or is it just the way they are?...

Welshman
I have most things?
I have my own place, car and a job, not much money and sometimes no money, no girlfriend and no out life, like some people but i cant stop thinking about killing myself and ending this **** life, i just dont see the point anymore.
Additional Details
wannabcitygal its got nothing to do with what i've got and what i haven't got i dont give a f**k about material things, I dont care that i dont have a gf or have much money.

fifi
Have your repentened?

Angel_Kitten
Rating
im not gonna 'diagnose' u with anything....sometimes i feel that way too. i understand where ur coming from...cept i got no job and no car just school and living and home and freq have no cash i have other necessary things and im still not happy with life

ebemdpa
Rating
See a shrink and find God, not necessarily in that order

jelesais2000
You're depressed. Have you thought of what you do have? A job, a car, life and the capacity to enjoy it, the intelligence to know you're not satisfied, and the capacity to change what you don't like? Form a plan on how to go about it, then do it. You're tougher and more resourceful than you know.

oneblondepilgrim
You need to get away.. travel,, do it cheaply, try doing something like the Camino de Santiago.. It's a fantastic journey and super cheap.. it takes about a month, and you meet extraordinary people.. it will change your life.. give it more meaning.. I lived like you for a long time, I upped and moved to Spain.. Opportunity doesn't come knocking, you got to be out there looking for it..

Don't kill yourself... there are lots of fantastic things to see and do in this world.. dump your life and go for it.

shan3328
Rating
u really need to see a counselor

it might also help if you go out and socialize - if you don't have friends start making friends

monkeymanelvis
Go out and have fun. It's as simple as that. I used to think of killing myself a lot - I stopped working full time and started going on holiday three times a year (setting off for the airport in all of 15 mins to go to Australia).
If you want to be a miserable recluse you will hate your life - go and do fun stuff and you will enjoy yourself - THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT! There is no magical formula to being happy - being happy is just having fun and doing things.

Have a great day. I'm off to get stuck on the M1 on the way to the airport!

melissamb17
I don't understand why you want to end your life, at least you have those things some people have nothing. Be thankful for what you have and live your life, and love it and laughter is the best thing for you.God loves and you and will help you.

Magix
Rating
what you need is God

AILENE
Rating
At some point, everyone becomes 'burn-out', 'tired and frustrated', and just 'sick of it all'...sometimes 'even sick of being sick and tired'. What makes things better is realizing our individual actions mean something...can make a difference. It not something that comes from having a car, job, or a girlfriend...as you very clearly indicated.

Getting back to basics...what is the reason you obtain the car, obtain own place, a job...aside from fulfilling your basic physical needs? How did you feel? That sense of fulfillment/wholeness from being productive can still be. You can 'tap into it' by doing things that make you feel that way again. It may have nothing to do w/ fulfilling everyday obligations. Something that makes you feel not like a robot--'going through the motions' but free, more in control of life.

Sometimes the 'little' things make the most significant impact.
One day just take a walk and consider what a difference it made to you even in the smallest way (what did you see, think, feel, experience, etc)

I hope this helps. Also, if thoughts persists, please see a professional

A Baller In Da House
help people less fortunate than you and you will value your life and all that is around you

trupti
i think u see in positive thing

Christian
we always have that kind of problem... maybe we should be contended in what we have sometimes...thank God you have you job and your car...pray always to God!!!!!

DrB
Suicide is the most preventable cause of death. It comes from a sense of helplessnes when you back yourself into a corner and can't think of a plan B. Get help from a clinic, a group or a therapist.

liddle_angel
You, like so many people, have it 'all' but are still feeling empty..With God and Jesus, you could be homeless and still have it all...maybe some wouldn't understand what that means,..but those who know the Lord, know just what I mean..He give you happiness from within..and a peace in your mind and heart..you only need to seek and you will find...but you have to accept Jesus, or you do not have God...it is just satan working overtime again, to steal yet another one of God's children away before they have a chance to get on the right side..

susieblake2002
I know where you are coming from with this, because I have suffered depression for a long time and I have been where you are now.

You have to understand that the thoughts you are having, the ones about hating your life and wanting to end it because it feels hellish - they aren't created by YOU, as such, but the chemical inbalance in your brain that makes you feel depressed. It's like any other illness, its NOT your fault. But there are ways to deal with it.

Material things, like money or cars or houses, don't make you feel happy when you are depressed. All that crap you hear about counting blessings and being grateful for what you have when others are worse off - yes thats all true, but isn't an answer when somewhere in your head you feel like its all worthless.

You need to take control of this situation, because it can and does get better with the right action. I have had times where I could do nothing but sit and weep because I hated myself and everything felt terrible - I don't feel that way today, though I do have down phases.

The best place to start, if you can, is your doctor. He or she may well suggest anti-depressants. Its up to you whether or not you want to go down that route, but I have found sertraline to make a huge difference. Counselling will also help, so ask your doctor to refer you.

This will get better, I promise, but it takes time.

MR R SOLE
Rating
Seems to me you are bored with the little luxuries in life that you have. You really need to start appreciating the things that you have and own. Also trying to focus on what makes you most happy. Happiness is the key to enjoying life. You don't need much to make you happy, just a positive frame of mind.

cooldude_alone
Rating
Why? Try to keep your mind away from these thoughts, by doing other things and keeping yourself busy. Try helping old people, sick people, kids, or just reading books, watching movies, going out for a walk or drive. Find a hobby that you enjoy and just immerse yourself in it. You will feel better.

keepingthefaith
Rating
why are telling people on yahoo answers? are you looking for them to just say go ahead?? people that could care less and don't know crap about you?? go see a therapist and reach out to family---life is precious. go to any cancer clinic and see the many people fighting desperately to hold onto their lives and you just wanting to throw yours away--extremely selfish in my opinion!

Peter
Rating
One thing u have got is loads of excuses! U dont sound like you have ever had it really hard. There are ppl out there, Myself included, who have been at the bottom of the bottom. Life is a gift, but its also a trial. Man or woman, You have to use what You can to make a life for yourself. Giving up seems the easy way out sometimes, but its not. Its all about your frame of mind. You need to readjust yours. Its not as hard as it sounds. Just change your short-term goals.

devilishme88
Rating
welshman !!!!! dont ever think like that!!!

u should set a target for yourself, something u want to achieve, an aim in ur life...

socialize more, with friends with family, go out... ull feel much better, relax, and get some help if this doesnt work.. :)

baby c
Rating
ok stop thinking like that! there are people that die terrible deths when all they want is to be alive,so cherish what u have got,{ur health} why dont u quit ur job and go and find a new job working abroad i did this and found it so good to get away when i came home everyones life was exactly the same but i had so many new experiances so i would try that !

dividedselfhood
Rating
Don't worry, everybody feels like this sometimes. Just think about all the good meals you'll miss, all the fun times you'll miss and I'll guarantee you you won't want to do it. Life is too expensive to just throw away.

CSI
Rating
cheer up mate. It could be a lot worse

beautie
Don't be so down on yourself, get out & hunt for happiness, it just doesn't always just come to you, you have to get out & socialize, you know you talk about all of the material things you have, well, they don't mean squat, friendships & families & relationships are the most important things any of us could wish for, as I get older, none of the material things, just don't seem as important as they used to be, it's family & friends that matter in the end. So hang in there love will find you. Life is great, have a ball.

Honey
Evidentally you haven't figured out your purpose here. You have figured out that material stuff doesn't mean anything.
How is that working out for you? Are you going to keep waiting around for someone to tell you what life is all about and how to be happy?
Go figure it out. At least you are alive. What would you do if you had 24 hours left to live? Go do those things!!!

kitia_98
Rating
I think you need to think about the things you do have that aren't material and you need to stop measuring your life and success by what things you have.

You need to think about who you really are and what makes you happy.

I can tell you if you remain sad you won't attract someone because they will feel your sadness.

Maybe you should think about something that interests you -- a hobby, a sport and find a place to share that with other people. It will give you focus.

If you're still feeling so lost, try talking to someone (even call a crisis line). It will help if you can vent some of this and reach out to someone else.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy