Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life?

Can suicide ever be a rationally considered logical alternative...?
Most people contemplate suicide out of depression or fear or some extreme emotional condition. But what if someone wasn't being emotional, wasn't suffering any clinical or medical condition,...

I get pleasure out of hurting animals? Is that wrong?

Is it me or is life really hard.?
im 36 now and unfortunately im divorced and now without my home. I never thought it would be this hard financially, i get days when i feel so scared and alone. I dont have kiddies so im not tied down ...

I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is ...

Do you answer the questioners that say they want to kill themselves or shy away?
personally i shy away, even though i want to help i am so afraid anything i say might trip them over the edge, wether positive or negative, it frghtens me that they might take what i say in the wrong ...

Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good ...

I think im depressed but dont want to take meds?
I think im depressed but i dont want to take medications. Ive talked to different doctors and they all said its a stage im going thru but it must be a really long stage because ive been this way ...

Have I failed at life? (honest answers only)?
Please be honest, have I failed at life? Here's some info about me:
1. I'm extremely shy and have bad social anxiety, it makes it hard to talk to any people at all, order food at ...

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

What's the quickest way to off yourself?
what i have been doing isn't working or is not fast enough. please help me someone quick and easy. i don't own a gun yet....

What are you addicted to, not necessarily drugs, that you think you can't live without?
For me, it's books. When I run out of books to read I'll read anything. Also, my computer and internet. Just thinking about not having it is terrifying!
Additional Details

My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn&#...

How much longer do i have to live by my parents rules??

Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in ...

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

SimionTrev
Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best answer. Thank you

dazzlindiamond
I think God gave us life with the free will to CHOOSE whether to have FAITH that things will get better - AND to give him the praise and glory for all things.

Mawanda P
to live life to the fullest

louy lefty
To answer all these Questions?
To serve others & serve the Lord

mariam.missy
Rating
OBVIOUSELY theres a point at life.
im sorery if i sound a bit rude. but come on where all here for a reason. and ueason is definately not to sulk!
do something u like.
do somthing u have never tried.
do something crazy.
you dont no how much fun you could have!

and did u ever stop to think about how u would make peopel feel if you where gone.
so u said that ur not doin great in the friend department

wel what about ur FAMILY! huh how would they feel if u where gone!

they would probly be upset toknow yeah ur gone but also u dident love them enough to stay alive!!!

live ur life and love it!

ps be confedent! thats what makes my world go round!

and srry if i sounded rude.

good luck

Erica T
Rating
Omg please do not say that. There is no point in looking at the glass half empty, because it's half full. Life is full of adventurous things that you don't know are out there until you search for it. When you are in that position, what I do is write songs about it. I wrote one for my friends after I got mad at them because I felt stupid. It helped, a lot.

Tracy M
Good question...but recognize you probably would never ask it if things are going well. Just a bump in the road and things will get better...they usually do. Life is full of ups and downs...we just have to deal with the bad times along with the good.

I have spent my life thinking there was a higher purpose for me being on this earth. Now at almost 60 I realize that life is just a biological ordeal that we go through until we die. Thinking that you will make a difference in this world is useless, as far as I am concerned. I put my trust and confidence in preachers and worked hard to help them reach their goals and in the end they just crapped on me and lied to me and stole from me and used me for their own gain. So life is just life until death comes. What a rip off for preachers to mislead people for their own use. Shame on them and I hope there is a God and he gets them for their evil. Tucson Arizona was the worst place I have ever been for thieves and liars but I found out that their supposed pastor was a thief and liar so I understand why the people were like that. Shame on you Pearry. God will pay you for the destruction of a life with y our lies.

L-M-ent
Rating
the point of life (from my view) is to enjoy and savor the good things that you have. Remember the moments that were good to you. There might be some bad moments such as a friend or family member dying because they drank too much one night or they are fighting in a war.

Bad moments may be always remembered but try and remember the good things such as first meeting your friend or being with them.

life can be short for anybody, wheather you think that you think that you are better than everybody else or you say you want to die. Dont kill yourself.... Something good is bound to be good for you eventually.

so remember this: "live in the moment"

A Benway
just a game

kiwi-HYPER-baby
Rating
the one on top of the 'i'. lol.
i guess the point is.. so you figure out how to manage all those problems and make some good out of it!! ^_^
happy new year!

EMMA!
life has lots of ups and downs to it.. but if you keep your head high trust me in the end it will be worth your while!

CC2759
Rating
God gave you a body and talents he wants you to take care of your body and use your talents. If you are faithful to Him and love Him and do good on Earth you will get to Heaven, which really is the point of life.

Mr. Bugsme
Rating
My theory is that this life is actually Hell, and that we're all here because we were really bad in some place that was a lot nicer and less stressful. Now, if you're nice here you might be able to move to a better place next time around.

Don Quijote de la Mancha
Well, my answer is probably not going to be read, because it made it to page 2.

Nevertheless, I find myself asking the same question all the time. Please let me tell you about something that happened to me recently. I had a "falling out" with a group of friends in a church that I briefly attended. I felt very hurt about something that I perceived was said about me, and vowed never to see these people again. Several months passed, and although I did not see these former friends again, it gnawed at me every month. I couldn't let it go. Yesterday, after visiting another friends house, I began to drive home. I passed the same place, and I saw the church that left me feeling so bitter and hurt. I had to have some sense of closure in my life, so I decided to face these people one last time - - if words were going to be said, I felt that I needed the opportunity to let them know how I felt.

I stood outside on that cold, rainy day - - just outside the door. I hemmed and hawed about whether I should go inside and see the people who hurt me. I finally did, and I took a seat during the services. Let me tell you, the people greeted me with such kindness, concern, and admiration, I wondered why I had left in the first place. Really! Later on, we had dinner together, and everything was o.k. after all. I wasted nine months over nothing - - all over a misunderstanding.

Please do yourself a favor. Life is too darn short to worry about crap that is trivial or easily forgotten. True friendships last many years, and are worth their weight in gold. Try to work things out and patch things up with your friends. Friends and family are the most important things a person can have in life. They bring joy when we're down, they guide us when we are lost, and they support us when we feel that no one is there to support us. Make a phone call, send a letter or email, and try your very best to mend fences with your friends! Invite them out to lunch, and patch things up.

I'd bet money that once your friend problems are solved that the health problems and job problems will seem much easier to handle and repair.

Good luck with your journey through life's challenges. The true meaning of life is friends and family.

Kathryn B
To live it, and love it while living

TaeKwonDo chick.
Rating
The point in life is to enjoy each moment and to let all the problems pass you by. You have to live life to its fullest, regardless of the problems.

jennycf2
Rating
Good for you for trying to find some hope when things are rough for you....all of 2008 has been like that (what you have described) for me...so take comfort in the fact that you're not alone (that's a weird thing to say, but it helps to know that others have had really crappy times and got through)...as for your question...I think the point of life is to be good to the people around you, leave the world a better place then it was when you got here (which is hard to imagine with all the evil going on in the world), but in YOUR small section of the world, you can make things easier for others, and hopefully you get some happiness, comfort, etc. along the way...I like the quote I once heard about life being just a series of moments...sometimes, unfortunately, the GOOD moments seem like they haven't happened in a long while, and you can't sense one coming...but another good moment ALWAYS comes, I think that the measure of a person's strength is how he/she deals with the time in between the good moments...it is really hard to keep "sunny" when your health isn't the best, but please just take care of yourself, if you believe in God, which I do, pray for Him to give you strength (He can't take your problems away, because then life would just be a puppet show, but He can give you some extra strength to get through)...and know there are people in the world like me that are thinking good thoughts for you and hoping things get better soon, you sound like a smart person, and that can help you alot...take care.

Social Science Lady
Life is a challenge, and the point is to make it work. You did not ask to be born, you were just `dumped` here by someone else. Once you realise and understand this it is up to you to make the best of it, you only have one life. This is not a dress rehearsal for the real thing , this is all there is. You must take control of yourself and decide what you want for the rest of your life, when you have decided, make it work. Good luck, I wish you a better life from now on....you can do it, I promise!

Chloe the Siamese cat
Rating
One must live to find the meaning. The tapestry is woven together and then it unravels. Mind you, I have nine lives to find out, apparently, but I don't buy it.

Here to help
Sounds like your going through alot right now.
When I am sad and have problems, I always remind myself, it could be worse. Look around you and you will see. Tonight at midnight, if your awake, tell yourself that you will start fresh in 2008.

Neil AH
Rating
A framework for personal life planning and re-engineering of skills, specialization, and experiences that the healthcare professional may have accumulated over the years, and to help them to look beyond the constraints of immediate work and life demands to a horizon of possibilities for fulfillment in work and life.

Liz27
I bet I can ask this question a million times. you are never going to get the answer you are looking for. life is what you make it. we have hills and even mountions to climb. We all ask this at one point in time in our life and everyone can give you a diffrent answer. So there is not any real answer to your question.I hope things turn around for you and that in time you are blessed with better health , many friends. Turn your frown upside down and smile a little.

Lincoln6
The purpose of life is what you say it is. Too many people don't know what to declare.

Tommy B
Looking out at the ocean and feeling like you are one with the world shows you that you are merely an animal. Money doesn't mean anything.

♥Portuguese Princess♥
Rating
The point of life is to do everything we can, in all the ways we can, for God, so that we may someday live with him in heaven. My theory is that God puts us here in all kinds of situations, as a test, to see if we qualify to go to heaven.

Don't sit around and complain about life, but get out there and do something amazing!
My favorite boys sang this is one of their hit songs, "There's more to life than just to live, Hold On!" - The Jonas Brothers

Start the New Year fresh, with a positive and healthy attitude. Happy New Year to you, too!

mic
To make your self happy, and do the things you love

goalaska
Rating
You know what, it must be New Years because I was just thinking today about how much I hated my life. I just got a raise at work but I hate my job, so I don't care. I have 2 older vehicles and they both need a lot of work to stay on the road and I don't have the money to fix them and I am having issues with the woman in my life. But , you know what ? In the next few hours it is going to be different year and I am looking forward to changing a lot of things in my life. I have made some bad choices and sometimes I try to blame someone else, don't you? So, let's both `Cowboy-up' and hope that tomorrow is the start of a better life.

kiapet.com
Point of life is death, all life comes to an end at some point, it's all in how you live your life that counts !

Tigerlily86
the point of life is what you make out of it.

jim.spenc.
Don't get yourself down mate, I understand all your problems. If you are single, which you probably are, then I'm sure having a partner and affection in that sense would give you some instinctive happiness which will make you WANT to live, rather than question the empty reality of it, which you are correct to point out. Nobody knows for a fact what the goal of life is, exactly; religions on this earth try to conclude things but they are all simply conjectures. The only facts are, the known universe, let alone that matter so distant whose light has not yet reached us, in addition to a possibly infinite number of parallel universes and/or recurring expansion and contraction of singularities (i.e. repeated 'big-bangs'), is so incomprehensibly massive that whatever we on planet earth do is surely insignificant. The only statement to counter this in a way is that while there is certainly intelligent life elsewhere, the life on earth may well be completely unique, and your complex human mind, and what you do with it, is, relative to other species in the universe (s), very rare, and so it should be cherished. However, in terms of raw magnitude or meaning, what we all do on this planet is meaningless. The other fact which remains is that the point of life is to simply sustain it, that means mindlessly passing on DNA until you can no longer, and living as healthily as possible, in both the mind and body, to ensure the survival of yourself and others around you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy