Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Does it make me gay if...?
I think Johnny Depp is attractive by the way i'm a guy and friggin love woman but does this make me gay or metro or what?
Additional Details

Why cant you people answer a serious question?
some people have no shame whatsoever..people are opening their hearts to you on this site, and some of you are pig ignorant, why dont you bloody grow up, and just think with your tiny little brains ...

I saw a really scary movie and now i'm a wreck. What do I do?
I absolutly hate scary movies and usually don't watch them. My cousin convinced me to watch the Skeleton Key at a little sleepover we had and said it was just a thriller and not scary in the ...

Would you turn in your own sister if she was abusing her children?
I did...I spoke up...and now I am the bad guy in the family. I still think that I did the right thing. By the way, the abuse was of a mental/psychological and verbal nature, and I would catagorize ...

What was the last thing that scared you?

Dads funeral at 2pm how do i keep it together?
scared of breaking down big time and embarrassing ...

My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me ...

How can i be happy ??

Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best ...

Does anyone else find it scary when they think 'one day im going to die ?'?
I think about this every day, some days it doesnt seem to matter but other days its so scary it panics me .... anyone else feel this way ?...

What to do when ur scared a beaten everyday but no one believes u?

Dropping out of school?
I don't want to drop out, i want to get through the next year and be happy that i've finished.
But sometimes i get really overwhelmed with everything and i just start to think "W...

Why are some people more shy than others?
Is it self-esteem problems from child hood and their peers or is it just the way they are?...

I have a drug problem?
part of me wants help, the other part doesnt want to at all and knows that if i do go to rehab or anything i would relapse again anyways.

I would go to rehab to at least try, but i'm ...

Why is it that when you have everything, you can still be depressed?
Its strange, the past year of my life has been great. Plenty of freinds, havent lost a fight for a long time and im drunk all the time.
But i always make wrong desicions and i think im worried ...

Is there anything worst than death?

Im 16 years old. Is wrong/weird for a kid my age to be attracted to women who are 35 to 55 years old?
I also have fantasies about them. Is this wrong/weird?? Please IM me on yahoo messenger... Its slickk_n_...

Do you agree that alcoohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason......

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

mr_fancy_nipples
How do you deal with thoughts of suicide?
Everything that could go wrong in my life has and i'm constantly plagued with suicidal thoughts. I've read other comments about this that say "take up a hobby" or something, but i'm at the point where i'm having trouble even finding a reason to wake up in the mornings or eat anything. How do you pull yourself out of such a deep hole?

senior2tor
The best way to see mental disorders is a series of varying degrees of depression and stress. Mild stress produces an excellent person for creativity and performance. More depression saps the energy and creativity that these people once had as they leave neurosis and become bipolar. There are three levels used to describe Bipolar. Then the imbalance of chemicals made by your own brain plays havoc with the whole control system. The auto brain or lower brain can aggressively access messages that were kept from it earlier. As the depression continues and more and more logic substitutions are made the mind goes into a full psychosis where ideas are disassociated and language decays. The end result of psychosis from severe depression is schizophrenia which has been described as incurable . There are of course are always a few people who have been able to recover mental stability. The greatest learning step required for all levels of depression recovery is to see that society as two groups . Study what you group are in and stay with your own kind to find peace and happiness.

islandgirl1002000
Rating
hey.. think about the good stuff.. parents, kids,, brothers or sisters... you may think killing yourself will solve your problems but you will be hurting the ones u leave behind.. I was at your point once too I had to get myself to quit being so selfish and realize I let the bad **** happen to me ... you have control of your life so come on man pull up your socks .. there is a areal big world out there.. if u absolutly hate your life then pick up move , get a new job ... get a new life and move on ... best wishes to u .. you are strong and u will do the right thing .. but best advise is get a therapist .. they really do help

barefootdrums@sbcglobal.net
Your Suffering From a Form of Depression..Could Be SDD..Severe Depression Disorder..
Cymbalta..Is a wonderful anti depressant

I suffered the same symptoms myself.
I almost waited too long to get help. It will be a lifelong battle to beat and live with Depression.
Best of luck to ya
Ken

imparicial
m... I am or at least have been in your situation. The only thing that keeps me from it is that I haven't nailed the girl of my dreams. And as the sociopat I am, it may as well never happen, but then seems i will never get to kill my self.

right, drinks green tea man, I drink it, I brew it myself by the jar. I throw five tea bags in a medium size jar sweetened with honey, then fridge and drink it instead of soda or even water.
it gives you the bust to go chase something better than... i dont know, the idea of just giving up.

purple_charmer27
Rating
Mr.

I am a person of a deal with it strategy, but in your case I'll make an exception. One of the best things you can do is find a reason to keep living. Your children, niece or nephew. Or maybe just contemplating how you would do the deed. That tends to make people think twice about it. Also if your life is that horrible why post it on here, where people will tell you to do it or my favorite go get therapy.

Make up your mind its your life do with it what you will.

TwinkaTee
Rating
You're suicidal because you have no sense of hope. That is what keeps me moving along in life, although I am constantly disappointed, burdened and overwhelmed with life. Even if you are not a Christian, get a bible. I PROMISE you there is one verse that will give you some type of hope. Hang on to that verse, pray and be patient. I KNOW that life is always better on the other side. If God didn't have a plan for your life, you wouldnt be here. So, you must hold on, begin to find out what your purpose is, and stop internalizing all of your problems. Oftentimes, the negative things in life are really positive things, if we are patient. And, since God is always 15 steps ahead of us, you are only seeing the problem in front of you. But, God has already resolved it and has a direction for you.

Get a bible and read Psalm 103: 2 - 5

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

kellie w
Rating
Are you already on antidepressants? If not maybe you should talk to your doctor. If you are then you should stop taking them( talk to your dr first) maybe try something else.
It also really helps to talk to someone like a family member or friend, even an associate.

of_the_0ne
Because you might believe these thoughts are true, you have trouble.
Solution?
Question these thoughts as they arise to you.

Russina
Rating
Hello, look I had the same situation at home , but if you let yourself go you are really gone, don't let that bad spirt control, we have control of our own mind and body , without you been breathing, your brain your everything will be nothing , listen to me please , don't have a petty party with yourself, because soon as you get over this (because you'll be) you are gonna feel so stupid of waisting time thinking like this, and giving this thoughts a space and time .Get up and clean and take a shower and eat and you'll see e/thing different.God Bless you

aussigirl15
1st off talk to someone, realizing that this isn't healthy and seeking someone training in this area to talk to is good. There are a number of people out there trained in suicide prevention that can really help you through this.

2nd focus on the good things that you do have, or simply that you want. Many people suggest that life is all about the laws of attraction. What we focus on is what happens in our lives. If we focus on bad things that is what will come into our lives. If we focus on good things we will naturally attract them into our lives. Positive thinking is a good place to start. Potential check out the book/DVD 'the secret'. It works on this theory and has been getting a lot of positive reaction. I have not read it or seen it so I do not know myself, but it might be something to check out.

3rd take the time to step back and figure out the things that make you unhappy and suicidal and the things that make you happy and look foward to live. Work to expel the negative and expand the positive.

It can be really hard, find someone to talk to and make a plan with them. Support from others can be really helpful. Isolation can be really hard on a person and lead to a further depression.

Best of luck pulling yourself out of this and getting back to a happy productive life!

Martin523
Just know that nothing in this life lasts forever, and put your faith in God. He has a plan for you and if you are true to him in the end you will be eternally happy. One lifetime is an insignificant amount of time when compared to eternity.

panterameetsrebel
Sounds like you've hit rock bottom and if you think about it, you can either mope around there, or start swimming up.
There is one thing I know that works for some people and that is to start fresh.
That doesn't mean pack you're bags and move to another country. Starting over can be interpreted in any way. Moving to another city or even a new place in general is a really good start. You could clean yourself up, find a new job, find yourself some new friends, etc.
It's really up to you.
I know this isn't as easy as it sounds but it's worth a try.

dlsf8607
Rating
I run. Basically that's it. I've thought a lot about how easy it would be, but anytime I really want to actually go through with it, I put on my running clothes, and I just run until I'm exhausted. And you get to the point where you actually look forward to running, because it does feel really good, it's almost like a drug.

miss j
Rating
Get a councelor and I have many family members and friends with extreme depression and i know what you mean that it's hard to eat and do things... but dude just get up just push yourself, if things are as bad as they can possibly get and you've gotten through them they can't get any worse right? only better =] just keep you're head up okay? it's hard but you seem pretty strong to go this far. =] smile
p.s. look at all these people trying to help you =]

reinyofTX
Rating
Well I have been there and gotten responses about a better diet, exercise, get a hobby ect. I have suffered with depression throughout my life and post pardom depression. I have nearly inched my way off the top of a mountain in my car and attempted to cut my wrists. It is easy for someone to say take up a hobby. How in the hell do you begin to do that when you can't get out of bed in the morning. I totally understand where you are at. I do agree that exercise helps but once again you have to have some type of motivation to start. I am not a holy roller but I did find that when I began going to church my troubles began to minimize and the things I had made so large didn't plague me so much. Working out relives the stress. But before you can get to these points you need to speak to your doctor. Try Zoloft, it really works!! It takes a couple of weeks to kick in, but once you have been on for a few weeks you are able to begin to try the other things mentioned earlier and you can come back to a point where the zoloft isn't needed anymore and these horrible things in your life have passed or just simply aren't as devistating anymore. I did the therapy and it didn't help me. A lot of money just to have someone ask you what is wrong over and over!! I really hope that I was of some help because I do know that hole that you are in right now and it is a horrible place to be....Good Luck and I will pray for you!

Ol' Sasquatch
Rating
Been there once, a great many years ago! Thank God I made it through it. Amen!

Now, YOU have experience with this issue and have the ability to help others who face it.

How to pull yourself out of this ... Only you can answer this!

Do you have the desire to save someone else facing a similar fate? You CAN save someone's life by choosing life!

I am here if you need more.

In the mean-time,

Regards,

The O; Sasquatch Ü

What, what, what??
Its time to see a doc, babe.

cherrycreampie073
I had that.. I told my bestfriend. I told her goodbye and she thought it threw she got 911 on the hand and had soemone come out and get me. they took me to the hospital i went on medication and now i'm perfectly happy..

get help

thirty-one characters
Rating
it's hard. i have been there. you are right, there's a point where "exercise!" or "be positive!" is a total joke, a drop in the ocean. call a friend that you trust and tell them what is going on. if you don't have a friend, email or call a support hotline... a good one is at www.samaritans.org
do this first so you have someone at your side. the samaritans can deal with suicidal thoughts as well. call a clinic or counselor. there must be something going right in your life, because you asked us how to help pull you out of this. so you must want to! that's great.

james N
Rating
Go to a gym, knoch the holy **** out of everything, take out anger on them punching bags.. Or listen to some cool music

Linkin Park, System of a Down, some good bands of mine.

Hey get through it, I feel down too, I wanna die sometimes too, like right now... So ur not the only one.

Ashley W
Rating
really dont think of doing it! You make your friends, family etc. all sad they all love you!

Rosalía
I think none of us are qualified to answer that question. I would suggest going to a couselor. A lot of people have auicidal thoughts; you're def not alone. Life is so precious; please hold on to yours!

Jose Canusee
Rating
Its not easy.See a professional.You couldn't have it that bad.Think of the people in the world who have it way worse then you.Some people don't have food,clean water,shelter,medicine for their diseases.

notyou311
You need to be on medication. Talk to your Dr.

Sarah j
u need some help, my dad had that problem too. He's better now though cuz he started talking to a therapist. You should seriously consider that option.
Your seem like a good person, everyone was sent here for a reason. A divine destiny, should try and figure out what that is?
I wish you all the luck in the world! Things happen for a reason we don't why they do until years later. I'm sure everything will work out just stay strong! God bless you

?
Rating
DEAR SIR

GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP OK FOR THE HELP THAT

YOU NEED IN THIS EVERY DAY LIFE OK YOU MIGHT

NEED SOME MEDICINE'S FROM A DOCTOR ASAP OK

THIS IS NOTHING TO PLAY AROUND WITH OK

TAKE CARE

jaufwa
Rating
Your going to die eventually anyway, so while you ARE here you may as well work as hard as you can to battle against whatever's causing you to feel like this.

Do you see? Your going to die anyway - so why not keep on fighting for your own happiness, no matter what life throws at you? Theres no point ending it early, not while you still have the ability to wake up tomorrow.

robertspraguejr
Rating
You are clinically depressed. You need medical help. Consult a Dr. This is an emergency. People with your condition often commit suicide. More importantly, people who have been treated for your condition have led lives good enough for them to rejoice that they found alternatives to suicide. Don't try to be a lone wolf about this.

MysteriouslyMisty
Rating
First and foremost get some professional help. Call a suicide line. I have attempted suicide and I am damn glad that I didnt succeed. There are things to live for. All people have dreams. Get active in church or some organization. Live life. It isn't a sentence. I lost my only son because a babysitter murdered him. I was so so down I thought there is NOTHING to live for well I have two other daughters and a family who love me and I have dreams. I am living life now. GET help. Please. You can work your way out of the darkness.

Kellie
Rating
I have lived and planned my death in that deep hole. I went and saw a pshyciatrist and was prescribed something. Trust me it helps, it helps you deal with your everyday problems. Even the most unbearable problems are ones that you may be sad about, but you don't find enough reason in them to want to end your life.
I know alot of people don't want to be on medication, but it can help so much. It really helped me.

farid1392
Don't worry about your problems. Just talk to someone about it and let all the feelings that are trapped in you come out. If that doesn't work, try visiting a doctor that could help.

Sorry about any problems your having with life. :(

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy