Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have a drug problem?
part of me wants help, the other part doesnt want to at all and knows that if i do go to rehab or anything i would relapse again anyways.

I would go to rehab to at least try, but i'm ...

Why is it that when you have everything, you can still be depressed?
Its strange, the past year of my life has been great. Plenty of freinds, havent lost a fight for a long time and im drunk all the time.
But i always make wrong desicions and i think im worried ...

Is there anything worst than death?

Im 16 years old. Is wrong/weird for a kid my age to be attracted to women who are 35 to 55 years old?
I also have fantasies about them. Is this wrong/weird?? Please IM me on yahoo messenger... Its slickk_n_...

Do you agree that alcoohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason......

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life?

Can suicide ever be a rationally considered logical alternative...?
Most people contemplate suicide out of depression or fear or some extreme emotional condition. But what if someone wasn't being emotional, wasn't suffering any clinical or medical condition,...

I get pleasure out of hurting animals? Is that wrong?

Is it me or is life really hard.?
im 36 now and unfortunately im divorced and now without my home. I never thought it would be this hard financially, i get days when i feel so scared and alone. I dont have kiddies so im not tied down ...

I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is ...

Do you answer the questioners that say they want to kill themselves or shy away?
personally i shy away, even though i want to help i am so afraid anything i say might trip them over the edge, wether positive or negative, it frghtens me that they might take what i say in the wrong ...

Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good ...

I think im depressed but dont want to take meds?
I think im depressed but i dont want to take medications. Ive talked to different doctors and they all said its a stage im going thru but it must be a really long stage because ive been this way ...

Have I failed at life? (honest answers only)?
Please be honest, have I failed at life? Here's some info about me:
1. I'm extremely shy and have bad social anxiety, it makes it hard to talk to any people at all, order food at ...

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

What's the quickest way to off yourself?
what i have been doing isn't working or is not fast enough. please help me someone quick and easy. i don't own a gun yet....

What are you addicted to, not necessarily drugs, that you think you can't live without?
For me, it's books. When I run out of books to read I'll read anything. Also, my computer and internet. Just thinking about not having it is terrifying!
Additional Details

My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn&#...

zefanzi
I saw a really scary movie and now i'm a wreck. What do I do?
I absolutly hate scary movies and usually don't watch them. My cousin convinced me to watch the Skeleton Key at a little sleepover we had and said it was just a thriller and not scary in the least bit. I believed her, but the movie terrified me! I'm a total wreck. I can't sleep, and terrified of the night, am becoming depressed in the evening (because I dread the night), can't look at mirrors, and so much more. I tried watching two of the scariest movies i've ever seen (Wedding Crashers and Just Friends), but it didni't work. I tried watching little kid movies, romantic movies, sad movies, everything. It works temporarily, but once the movie's over i'm back to scared.
I'm miserable. What do I do?

chazohio
Rating
leave the light on when you go to bed..BOO

DivaStar
Rating
guys.......don't scare her/him like that
this kinda happen to me when i watch scary movie and it freaks me out but not badly as u went throught

i will tell u this.........this isn't a true story and u will be just fine...just say to urself..this won't ever happen.....talk to urself in a bedroom will help, just don't talk out loudly, talk quietly

if this doesn't work then try to talk to ur family members about anything....and ur friends too

well this is summer and i am assuming that u are on summer break...try to play your hobbies, talk to ur friends, play a game, watch a lifetime moive that will make u cry or laugh or something...

this will keep your mind off after a few days
so good luck

p.s. try to be happy

Axiom
Rating
Pray, and say I rebuke the devil and all of his devices in Jesus name.

armycountryside
Rating
it is fiction! Get a grip on yourself!

itsme
Just friends and Wedding crashers are not scary movies.

Go sleep with you parents

Just come a while
Rating
Think rationally, that was just a movie. But next time avoid seeing those kind of movie at all cost.

joe_frank2001
Rating
dont eat

cowlick
Rating
tell me about it i just saw the grudge and it scared the crap out of me but what i do is just think about something nice like if youhave a dog think about how much you love him/her this works with anything that you love

Christine
ok, well idk the plot of that movie but when i saw the ring i got scared a bit, until the seventh day when i was supposed to die but didn't. that reassured me that nothing was going to happen to me. just do what ever was supposedly was the thing that made every1 die or whatever, and when nothing happens everything will be ok. and if you're too scared get a friend to force u too, you'll thank them later, trust me

also, what helps me is think about all of the things that couldn't possibly happen, pick it apart and focus on the absurd and it will all seem like fiction

logic
even though you may not want to watch the movie, you should rent the dvd and watch the special features, like the making of it and the actors commentary. after you finaly realize how the scenes that scared you most were made, watch the movie again this should help u cause it wont scare you as bad the second time

dollyfan
I used to be the same way.Just try not to think about it.I know it is hard but just try it.

ericw75
what was that scared you? you need to confront this. Let your brain kick in, and snap you back to reality. The you movie you watched was fiction. Fantasy, make believe. Its not true, it wont happen to you. these things dont happen.

Tyler H
hey I have the same problem all I do is lock my windows and put something by a door that will make nosies so if their is something their I can hear it you'll be OK after that .

hope it works good night.

william the wizard
I would buy a nightlight. The other day I saw JUST FRIENDS and I was so scared that I had to sleep with all the lights in my house on, and I called the neighbors and asked them to leave all their lights on too!

Sara
I know you're upset but you really have to face your fear or you'll be dogged by this for the rest of your life.
There is nothing to fear in the dark. Leave the lights off and walk around in your home.
When I was a kid I was terrifed of the dark, ghosts, scary movies.. all of that. My mom finally forced me to face my fear of the dark and it worked. She told me something funny that might help, "Girlie it ain't the dead you've got to be afraid of, it's the living!" and she was soo right.

Just remember you can always sleep with the light on.

strictly_maggie
Rating
wow im so glad im not the only one. well.. its not as bas as urs. but well.. u gotta convince urself that those kinda things rnt real. have someone ur rele close to spend the nite in ur room for a few days. but, it took me a long time to get over those things. :Sgih: good luck

MellyMel
Rating
get a song stuck in your head. Just listen to a song like 5 times ina row and youll be good. Youll be so preoccupied and annoyed with the song in your head youll forget about the movie.

dandelion86
aww, hey, it's ok. people have different tolerances for scary movies, you don't need to feel bad about being so sensetive. i've seen the skeleton key too, and i can see how it could really scare you. but think about this... the movies that usually terrify me even after they're over are the ones where the situation in the movie could actually happen to me. in the skeleton key, the situation was very fantasy-based, and could not ever happen to you in real life! you don't need to fear for your safety. i saw the movie as a really beautiful representation of new orleans as it was before the hurricane, and will probably never be again. anyway, best of luck to you, i know you will be ok.

puppyfeet
Keep telling yourself that it was just a movie. The things that happened in The Skeleton Key weren't real. People cannot take over other people's bodies through hoodoo, witchcraft, or anything else. It was just a movie. It was not real. And it cannot happen in real life. Try reading a funny book or romance novel in bed until you fall asleep. It will keep your mind on something else.

♪ ♥ Sydney ♪ ♥
What you need to do is KEEP THE TV ON ALL NIGHT while you're asleep. Make sure it's a funny movie with NOTHING scary. Turn the volume down low enough so you can sleep, but not so loud that it disturbs you tremendously. You don't want to sleep in the dark or in silence because that just begs all the scary thoughts to creep into your head. Good luck and stay away from the scary movies!

Theresa M
Get over it! It's just a MOVIE!!!

alibababbb
I had this same problem after watching IT as a little kid.
I can at least tell you it goes away after a month or less as you begin to forget about it. Until then, sleep with lights on. It costs more, but you can fall asleep when you get tired enough. And try watching madea's family reunion. "gritball"...hehehehe.

haywee05
Rating
Just keep telling yourself that it was a MOVIE, it was not realistic in any way. Pray to God to help you through it & stop watching scary movies from now on. Depsite what anyone else says...if you are scared then don't torture yourself for someone else's benefit. Good luck!

Jeff B
Watch Napolean Dynamite.

Pegasus90
According to the reading I have done regarding hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), the brain, when it senses that blood sugar is low, will do sometimes strange things to get the blood sugar (glucose) out of storage and into the blood stream. Adrenaline is one sure way to do this. If the movie caused you to get into "a fight or flight" state, that releases adrenaline. As you now can't get over the fears, then low blood sugar may be the cause.

Suggestion? Go to the kitchen and get some protein, meat, a can of tuna or whatever, and eat it. Also have some carbohydrate, like a handful of chips, an apple, or some carrots/celery, and also some peanuts or peanut butter. Eat at least 2 ounces of the protein. Then drink a glass of water and do something that makes you think about something else than your fears for 30 minutes - singing, exercising, answering Yahoo!Answer questions, videogames, whatever. You may find this has helped your fear to lessen a bit.

Chronic low blood sugar can also be the cause of depression, self-esteem problems, anger management problems and a whole bunch of other physical and mental nasties. You may want to check out the symptoms link on www.hufa.org, and see how you check out.

nbinthahouse
that was not even a scary movie. I was surprised at the end of it though. Kinda wierd, but not scary.

MJQ
Rating
Try to remember that what you saw was a fabricated story, complete with special effects put together by technicians and a story-line put together by writers along with a lot of other fancy camera and lighting and sound efforts all in the name of making money from consumers. An orchestrated optical illusion, in other words. A load of garbage packaged as a film all for the sake of making money off of anyone willing to buy the film.

Now, why not shift your focus to reading about real and pleasant things, like maybe a book about travelling in the South Pacific Islands. Notice I mention reading: the effort to read will help divert your attention. Also, you might consider buying an aquarium DVD (Amazon sells these)--basically a recording of fish swimming about with either soothing music or the sound of aquarium bubbles. Why do you suppose many doctors offices have aquariums? Because aquariums tend to have a calming effect on people.

Finally, if you are of any particular religious faith, I strongly recommend talking to a religious leader about the film and what bothered you about it. A good religious leader should help point out that there is good in this world, and that evil does not have a complete hold over everything.

If you prefer a purely secular approach, you could see a psychologist, or even a psychiatrist, either of whom can point out how the brain and mind work, and how the mind runs on inputs to the brain, and how if the inputs are false or otherwise distorted, that your mind might be perceiving a false sense of reality.

Hang in there! That dumb film will become nothing more than a stupid small speck in the existence of your lifetime.

The All-Knowing Sam
Lion King, trust me. Trust me, trust me, a million times, trust me.

Hatake Seraph
Pray.

Get out a Bible.

Works for me everytime, and I sleep better knowing that He sends angels to guard my doors when I am afraid.

=) Sweet dreams, chica.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy