Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Would you turn in your own sister if she was abusing her children?
I did...I spoke up...and now I am the bad guy in the family. I still think that I did the right thing. By the way, the abuse was of a mental/psychological and verbal nature, and I would catagorize ...

What was the last thing that scared you?

Dads funeral at 2pm how do i keep it together?
scared of breaking down big time and embarrassing ...

My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me ...

How can i be happy ??

Whats the point of life?
At an all time low, health problems, friend problems, job problems, seriously what is the reason. I know there is no set answer, but good to hear some views. Happy new year all and 10 points for best ...

Does anyone else find it scary when they think 'one day im going to die ?'?
I think about this every day, some days it doesnt seem to matter but other days its so scary it panics me .... anyone else feel this way ?...

What to do when ur scared a beaten everyday but no one believes u?

Dropping out of school?
I don't want to drop out, i want to get through the next year and be happy that i've finished.
But sometimes i get really overwhelmed with everything and i just start to think "W...

Why are some people more shy than others?
Is it self-esteem problems from child hood and their peers or is it just the way they are?...

I have a drug problem?
part of me wants help, the other part doesnt want to at all and knows that if i do go to rehab or anything i would relapse again anyways.

I would go to rehab to at least try, but i'm ...

Why is it that when you have everything, you can still be depressed?
Its strange, the past year of my life has been great. Plenty of freinds, havent lost a fight for a long time and im drunk all the time.
But i always make wrong desicions and i think im worried ...

Is there anything worst than death?

Im 16 years old. Is wrong/weird for a kid my age to be attracted to women who are 35 to 55 years old?
I also have fantasies about them. Is this wrong/weird?? Please IM me on yahoo messenger... Its slickk_n_...

Do you agree that alcoohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason......

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life?

Can suicide ever be a rationally considered logical alternative...?
Most people contemplate suicide out of depression or fear or some extreme emotional condition. But what if someone wasn't being emotional, wasn't suffering any clinical or medical condition,...

I get pleasure out of hurting animals? Is that wrong?

I am thinking about suicide...help?
i have severe depression and major ODD. i cant get along with anyone in my family, i only have two good friends, and my medication does NOT work. im in DBT group and therapy but that dosent seem to work. ive already tried suicide before so i can die if i want to.[which i do] i have the knowledge. i just dont no what i should really do. even cutting dosent make me feel better. i dont really have many options.please help.

PK
Rating
If you really wanted to die, you'd be dead by now. The only people who talk about suicide are the ones who'll never do it. They just want the attention it brings them.

Maybe that sounds harsh, but I have my reasons. My fiance killed himself. There was no sign of depression, no anger, nothing that would have clued anyone into his motives in or around the day he did it. I spoke with many councilors who all told me the same thing I'm telling you. Suicides are a shock to the people who knew them....not an event in the making.

Panch Master Brown
ok calm down
try to find something that calms you
something that can give you time for yourself
and try to get along with people
dont make everything a battle

suicide is never the answer

Anchit C
Death is inevitable. So thinking of death is not unusual but thinking of self destruction is harmful for you as well as your family. I don't know your family background and your social or financial condition. But i think in deep inside your heart there are still some urge of life remains. That is why you are asking for help. Be with that life force. All our spiritual scriptures taught us how to die bravely not how to suicide.

Here2Help :)
no please don't concider suicide. people care about you and your life is sacred. you can think you don't have options but you do. there are many things you can do. if you are really that depressed, have you ever really tried to lift your spirits. think of something nice and happy. watch the sunset or simply experience the wonders of the world. try getting better medication. maybe you got the wrong one or something is wrong with it. try seeing a psycholigist or anyone you can trust. talk to them. let it out. life can be magnificent and you deserve it. please don't try suicide. if you suceed you die and there is no going back. think of all the things you could do with your life. so much worth doing. you can battle your own depression and truly be happy. if a suicide ettempt fails you could be in terrible pain and end up in jail as well (that is a very strange law btw lol.) i'm sorry this is so long but life is a gift and i care deeply that you live it out. please give it a chance. find anything that can put a smile on your face and build on that.

please live your life. it will be much better than you think. i really hope this helps and i hope even more that you make the right decisions. bless you.

=]

LZ
NO dont do it please dont. The universe does not want you to die. If you have two good friends then share yourself with them. Stop taking meds. Just dont. You dont need them. You need to find yourself something to strive for. Dont worry about being lonely, its ok as long as youre trying to achieve something.

What do you love?

Now go and find it, and don't let anyone stop you.

unquenchable with questions...
Rating
Pray. Let me tell you somthing, there is a God in heaven who Loves You so much more than you could ever know. He'll be with you, always. Please, If you want to talk about anything, Here's my email:

pricelessprincess73@gmail.com

God Bless!

Lord Redkane
Try to spend lots of time with family and friends and think of all of them and how they would react in you killed yourself. Think of other things like funeral costs on your loved ones, and all the heartache. Try to see a comedy movie with your friends and spend as much time with them as you possibly can. Also, think of life after you get over this.

best of luck!

E-Mail me if you have any questions

lordredkane@rocketmail.com

lawlzatj00
Rating
What makes you think dying is going to make anything better? You best 2 friends are going to suffer forever thinking that they weren't good enough friends. Your entire family loves you weither it seems like it or not. If you were to kill yourself they would never forgive themselves. If you are a Christian you'd know that Suicide=Hell... I think Hell is worse then here. Just don't do it. Nobody benefits... Not even you. Find a hobby or something. Music, sports, anything. Music is the only thing that has kept me alive. If you listen to the right kind it seems like they tap into your brain and release your inner most thoughts. It's the perfect way to relieve stress... Please, I beg you, don't do it.

NYDoc
Rating
The simple fact that you are posting a question here, and talking about it openly, and asking for help shows that you are slowly starting to feel better. It's great!

Keep going to DBT group, therapy, talk to your friends, take your medication, and you will soon feel 100%.

When people are depressed, they first reach the bottom (when they think that it's the end) and then slowly start getting better. To me, it seems that you have already reached that bottom and now you are getting better, even though you may not notice it yet.

Maybe you should think of getting a pet (like a dog or cat or hamster). It will keep you company and always be by your side.

Give yourself a goal (i.e. a 10,000 pieces puzzle, or learning a new language, or a new sport, or anything new) and work towards that goal daily even if you don't feel like it.

Keep hope and I promise you will soon feel better... Just be patient with yourself. :-)

Young Egg (a.k.a. Sensitive One)
I'm pretty confident that you are not in immediate danger of killing yourself.

Why?

You are asking for help. This is a good sign.

Use the connections you have to improve your mental health.

RoseTyler945
please don't your beatiful you could achive so many things
and this world can be hard but just keep on living to show how strong u are beacuse there are so many ill people and they would give anything to have a fit strong body and i'm a great believer in what will be will be
your living now so someone out there wants you to live ,please if you truely can't find a reason to live then do it for my 12 year old self ,my best buddy died of terminal cancer last year and she would be so proud of me if she knew i saved some ones life so please just be alive
becuase if your family can't except you for the brilliant person you are then who cares ,get a dog there always loyal and never leave you
God Bless

scarlettohara1861
PLEASE let you friend know that you have been having thesse kinds of thoughts. They will be able to help you work throught them. Call your doctor or therapist as well and let them know that you have been having these thoughts as well. A simple change in medication may be all that is needed. In the meantine, suicide is not the answer. It is only the easy (and permanent) way out of what you feel is an uncontrollable situation. With a little bit of help, you can get your life back on track again and pointed in the right direction. Is there a hobby that you are interested in? Do you like to watch sports? Maybe participating in an area of interest will also help with the depression. Don't give up, there are people willing and able to help you and be there for you because they think you are worth it.

Chase
Rating
Don't kill yourself. Please. I was in your shoes at one point in my life. But I held in there. Everyday I told myself that everything was going to get better, that life is GREAT. And I kept telling myself this over and over. Constantly thinking about it. And it did. I'm okay now. And you will be too. Nothing is worth killing yourself over. Life has so many wonderful possibilities, so why would you want to miss out on them? For me therapy and just growing up helped me get better.

jade d
Rating
ur on the earth for a reason
if you end your life early
than you kant
do what you where
put on this earth to do!
just remember
that everything has a
brighter side
no matter what
and it will get better!
just dont hurt yourself anymore!
why dont you treat yourself to a day of
shopping !
or get a pedicure
or go hang out at the spa!
you dont need anyone around
you to pamper yourself!
just take some you time
to find the real you!

crazy G
Rating
go to church god has a purpose for your life prayer and church can help =]=]=]
death isnt the answer its a permanent answer to a temporary prob

vabom
hey first of all stop sweating, i can understand your problem. here is what i think you should do;

--chant 'hari om'(hari as in HURRY & om as in HOME without the 'H') do this repetedly & a point will come where you will feel like just close your eyes & do that .At this point increase the number of O in om like HARI OOOM & then HARI OOOOOOOOM & so on.when you chant this VEDIC MANTRA then remain silent (no thinking!,fidgeting,moving,etc) for an amount of time taken to chant this one mantra.this looks very very simple but its effects are very very very large (even ALBERT EINSTEIN would not had imagine it !!!!!!!!!). this is called 'CHUP SADHANA' & i learned it from 'param pujya ASARAMJI bapu'.---->"www.asharam.org " also read JEEVAN RASAYAN a book from ----------------"http://hariombooks.goog... " tihs will help remove all weakness from you,believe me millions have obtained benefits from it ,literally.

darrenmartinez@sbcglobal.net
Rating
dont take medication. Just try exercise it releases natural endorphins. I challenge you to start a regular bikeride, rollerblading, or swimming and I bet you will feel better. I guarantee it. YOu have to get away from your victimization lifestyle that has led you to this group therapy and medication. They mean well but I think its not a postivie atmoshpere.

poodles
have you talked to your parents or friends about how you feel?
dont commit suicide because you have so much to live for, this is only a part of your life, and you have the control to get better. sucide is not the answer, im sure people in your life love and care about you, leaving them would be selfish to them. and you'd be cheating yourself out of the happy and healthy life you could have. keep your head up and remember that things WILL get better.
hope i helped, if you need someone to talk to, you can email me

Gizmo
Rating
Whenever I feel really depressed I like to take a long walk or run alone and listen to music just getting outside helps me a lot

J M
Rating
I hope you don't kill yourself, one good day is worth any pain. If you have something you love go do it. The most simple pleasures are usually the best. Take your 2 friends and do something.

LosT for AwhiLe
Rating
I feel your pain, as I've been through it myself. I don't know a single person who didn't wish to be dead at some point in their life. We all know it, life it tough. Imagine if everyone acted upon their emotions, almost 80% of the world's population would be gone. I am sorry to be saying all this, as it might sound irrelevant at this time. I am just trying to get you to realize that everyone has got problems, and they all deal with it in different ways. Suicide is never the answer. Never give up, always take life as a challenge, and prove to yourself that you can face whatever challenges life puts in front of you.
It looks like you can't really talk to your family about it, what about your friends? If not, call the suicide hot line, they'll help you out big time. Have patience, things sure will get better. Believe in yourself. Even though you don't get along with your family, it doesn't mean that you guys don't love each other. Good Luck.

upssius
Rating
1. CALL FOR HELP.
2. SOUNDS LIKE A CRY FOR HELP...THAT'S A PLUS.
3. REMEMBER WHEN YOUR AT THE BOTTOM, THE ONLY WAY TO GO IS UP......SO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND SEEK HELP....

i do what i want
dont kill yourself nothing is worth it every promblem can be fixed just be patient.

duane d
call this number suicide prevention now!!!! 1-800-273-TALK (8255).Talk to someone

Live life with a sense of humor.
Rating
Do you have a pet? If you do, go and hug him or her. Iv always felt that being with a living breathing organism that loves you unconditionally heals. If you feel the urge to harm yourself, hug an animal. I dont even care if it seems stupid. It is really healing.

If you do not have an animal, I suggest you go take a walk. Is there a park by your house? I always try to get away from anything that I can hurt myself with at times like this. Just go take a walk and breathe some fresh air. Maybe listen to some classical music.

Hope this helps!
even if it sounds dumb, it has always worked for me.

hope you feel better.

Tristan
Rating
Don't do it, life is beautiful.

Brooke.
Stress ball. Punch the wall. Talk to someone. Call the suicide hotline. Call your friends. Therapy. Pray. Just please don't kill yourself.

Eternity
Rating
Do u know how much beautiful the world is?
Mind it there won't be any second chance to come back in this beautiful world coz there is no rebirth taking around here. Those rebirth are only the words and nothing more thatn that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy