Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do you agree that alcoohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason......

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life?

Can suicide ever be a rationally considered logical alternative...?
Most people contemplate suicide out of depression or fear or some extreme emotional condition. But what if someone wasn't being emotional, wasn't suffering any clinical or medical condition,...

I get pleasure out of hurting animals? Is that wrong?

Is it me or is life really hard.?
im 36 now and unfortunately im divorced and now without my home. I never thought it would be this hard financially, i get days when i feel so scared and alone. I dont have kiddies so im not tied down ...

I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is ...

Do you answer the questioners that say they want to kill themselves or shy away?
personally i shy away, even though i want to help i am so afraid anything i say might trip them over the edge, wether positive or negative, it frghtens me that they might take what i say in the wrong ...

Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good ...

I think im depressed but dont want to take meds?
I think im depressed but i dont want to take medications. Ive talked to different doctors and they all said its a stage im going thru but it must be a really long stage because ive been this way ...

Have I failed at life? (honest answers only)?
Please be honest, have I failed at life? Here's some info about me:
1. I'm extremely shy and have bad social anxiety, it makes it hard to talk to any people at all, order food at ...

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

What's the quickest way to off yourself?
what i have been doing isn't working or is not fast enough. please help me someone quick and easy. i don't own a gun yet....

What are you addicted to, not necessarily drugs, that you think you can't live without?
For me, it's books. When I run out of books to read I'll read anything. Also, my computer and internet. Just thinking about not having it is terrifying!
Additional Details

My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn&#...

How much longer do i have to live by my parents rules??

Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in ...

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

gayathri c
My mom dosent like me.Is it my fault?
My mom hates me.She scolds me everytime.I am 17 years old,good at studies and i never did any wrong things in my life.My mom says i am not so good looking but i think i am beautiful.She irritates me often by criticizing about my feature.I heard in many stories that mothers used to be a very kind person who loves her child very much.I think it happens only in fairy tales not in real life.

I think its better to leave this world than hearing her nasty comments about me.

asphaltangel77
Rating
I AM SORRY YOUR MOM IS LIKE THAT TO YOU.....I COULD NEVER TALK TO MY GIRLS THAT WAY....SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS JEALOUS. SHE WILL BE SORRY WHEN YOUR GONE.

sw33n3yT0ddL0v3r
No, it isn't better to leave the world. You have one more year, then you can move out.
Talk to your friends about it.
If you think you are pretty, then you are pretty.
Don't let your mother put you down like that, this is your life, and you shouldn't let her get the best of you like this. Think about the positives, and get through one more year of her sh*t.
Take it from a daughter who's mother thinks that her daughter is going to die penny less on the streets, because her ideal career isn't anywhere near realistic and takes every shot she has at criticizing it and everything her daughter stands for- its not worth getting worked up about.
Your lucky you have one year, I still have 5.
Stay strong, and good luck.

Kaylaaa
My mom went through this growing up thats why when she turned 18 she left and has never heard from her since. she told her she was "ugly" "no one would ever love her" "she was worthless" and she wouldnt even let her take showers sometimes! so people made fun of her. It turns out her mom had a lot of mental problems from her own childhood. It's not you hunnie its her. Trust me on this. You are beautiful and never forget that

tonyintoronto@rogers.com
Rating
My sisters were put through hell by their mother. Too fat. Too skinny. Too pretty. Looking ugly. Smart. Stupid and on and on.
Get the point that your mom is emotionally unstable, will not and can not listen to anything but her ill mind so just know she is sick and there is nothing you can do about it. She is also in denial so forget talking to her about anything.
Stay home until you have finished high school, get into a college dorm and away from her. Distance yourself from her as time goes by. Be kind and give her a hug once in a while. She is living in torment which she got from her mother. Parents can only give you what they know and these days parenting should be taught in highschool.She will never change and really has no idea of what she is doing to you. Don't feel sorry for her. It is just another trap. She will never chage, but you can change your enviorment slowly by getting a plan together in your head to get into college and make a great life for yourself. Be patient. Many mothers suffer from this condition . It is up to them to realize it and get therapy, though rarely works unless they truly are doing it for themselves and not for show. I recommend reading MY MOTHERS HOUSE and THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED.

Arafath
Has she been the same for a long time ? Maybe she has some sort of a personal problem that she could not to anyone about, and the maybe she is just taking her frustration out on you. Mom's kinda get frustrated and annoyed when they spend the whole day at home, and not being able to talk to someone properly. But either way it was not right for her to say such things to you.

You should talk to someone who your mom is very close with and who she trusts, this could be your farther, one of her close friends and maybe your aunt (a female figure most likely ) who knows her well and that she could trust. Maybe they could talk to her and help solve her problem and also resolve your conflictions with her. and maybe you could also sit with your mom and try to understand what happens in her life, maybe have a girls day out, shopping perhaps.

mother's love their children, but each have a funny way of showing it sometimes and sometimes they also need help from us to show it the way we understand.

If your problem does not resolve easily, life still has a lot to offer no matter how hard it gets. we just have work hard and take a day at a time until we can start our own life, and maybe then we could live it the way we want to. don't let others end your life short, with good days most of the time and even worse days at times... life is worth living to the end.

hope this helps...

?
Rating
wow. maybe she isn't your real mom.

efmc1101
Rating
call dss or the cops

Nefertiti
Rating
There are two sides to every story, and you have presented your side. Sometimes the perceptions of children and teens are very intense, could you be reading more into your mom's comments than is there? If you really do feel that she hates you, it is important to speak to a counselor to sort out your feelings, whether or not your mother participates in the counseling. The fact that your mother has made you feel that she hates you indicates she needs help herself, especially if this has been going on for 17 years. If it is a relatively recent occurrence, perhaps your mom is going through some sort of crisis, worrying about you leaving the nest and leaving her alone. Maybe she can't come to terms with it. Good luck.

Minister of Peace
Rating
I had the same type mom. She treated me soooooooo bad!
BUT she didn't hate me, she hated herself for being unable to be a mom. She took everything out on me.
GOOD NEWS---I'm now 53 years old. Have a 6 figure income and am AWESOME.
So, don't let your family cheat you out of that!
I just moved away from her in with my sister until I got married.
I ask her for nothing and that makes her crazy!
Stick around and see the best part of you!

sarahchristinejenne
Rating
If your mom is verbally abusing you, talk to her about it. Talk calmly and listen to her. Chances are she thinks she is helping you. Parents love their children, even if it takes them some soul-searching to remind themselves of that. Tell her that her remarks hurt you. If she doesn't care, don't leave the world. Leave the house. You are very close to being old enough to leave, so get a job, graduate from school, and get out when you can. Try to put up with it until then. Please try talking to her and telling her how you feel. She will be more likely to listen to what you have to say if you are able to speak calmly, slowly, and without whining, yelling, or running out of the room. Also listen to her. You may find out that she truly loves you and is just doing what she thinks is best for you. If you are seriously considering suicide to ge t away from it, know that that is not a good answer. I believe that people who commit suicide are often (not always) cowards who run from Jesus' gift of life and God judges them accordingly. You do not sound like a coward. You sound like a bright, strong young woman who will do well to take on the world and live a full life! Please get help. Your mom may be a good source of help for you, but if not, talk to your counselor at school or a teacher you trust. Follow Jesus' teachings for your life. You will find peace in him.

lover of Jehovah and Jesus
don't worry about it. wait until you are 18 and then leave. your life is worth living. I never got along with my parents and moved out when I was 21 and got married to a wonderful man. he is now gone to sleep in death over two years. I have children of my own. they are over 21 we get along fine. my mother would say mean things to me also. I was the only girl with two brothers. she worships them. I always got hand me down cloths, not my brothers. I tried many times to make peace with them but they don't want it. I have not seen them in 38 years. I still love them and I pray for them, but if that is what they want forget it. stay in your room as much as possible and stay away from her. yes her and smile alot. she is still your mom. don't back talk and let nasty words go in one ear out the other. please don't kill yourself, she is not worth it. take it from a mother who went threw the same things as you did as a child

barbiesbright
I've experienced in my past and through others, this can be caused mainly by the fact of jealousy of you, in the aspect of truly knowing you are beautiful and or being able to live a your life in a way she wishes she could have, and or she fills as though you were a burden by no mistake of your own, but only of hers...
Always know you are better then this treatment and you very much do not deserve.
Never should you allow this to take away your life, your future, and always remember to not allow this chain of abuse to continue through you and yours...
Your time under her roof is about done, stay strong , learn from it, and go forth into the life you truly deserve...
You are very much a loved person I'm sure, and you need to think of all that would hurt and suffer from you leaving our world...

manuvishnoi
Rating
Go Ahead and leave ........I am not going to pursue you to stay here.Do as you want but one day you will realize how foolish you were thinking all these stuff.
I can understand caz I also thought the same but I was wrong.

hagar_jko
Try talking to your mother and tell her that every person has his own beauty, tell her that what is inside is more important than what is out side,and u just wish a well treating from her.
If she tried to criticize you don't get angry and stay calm that will make her feel misdeed.

I love my Fiance'
Rating
See, i believe that a mother loves her child always and i dont think it is possible for a mother to dislike her child despite her looks. I think she has a deep reason for this kind of behavior but i might be wrong. She might be scolding you and telling you that you arn't very pretty because she doesnt want you thinking that your all that and using your looks and brains to get things. Either that or maybe she is just worried that you are going to leave her and get married and go off to college and she doesnt want to give you up yet, but she knows the age is right and that timew may be reallu soon. I cant think of anything that would make a mother act like this but to find out how sdhe really feels for sure just sit down with her and tell her it is important. Tell her she is making you sad by criticizing you all the time when you do your best and you feel that she doesnt love you. Maybe she doesnt recognizxe her own behavior, and when sdhe finds out you feels this way, shell take a different approach to whatever she is trying to do.

jlimages
I am more concerned about your last paragraph and really really think you should seek the help of your school counselor.

I know school is out but staff still work in the building and should be able to contact someone for you.

*~*RaChAel*~*
Rating
Well, if you are happy with yourself and you do well in everything, tell her that you don't care about what she thinks. It sounds like she's the one with the problem. She just wants to take it out on you.

Babygirl86
MY MOTHER IS THE SAME WAY, JUST LOOK AT IT AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE! DON'T EVER BE LIKE HER!! THAT IS WHAT I DID!!

horny man
Rating
We should accept what God had given us... you should be very thankful of having that mother. always think positive...ok....your mother loves you........

faith
Of course it's not your fault. She probably has some kind of difficult to express herself properly. She must have some interior problem, and she externalizes it by being a bit "bitter" with you. Maybe because you're the closest person. Once I felt the same but I realized that I was wrong. There's something wrong inside her, it's important to comprehend and respect. Don't fell down, try to speak, say that you don't like to be criticized, that you like to be her friend. Not fighting. Maybe this "ice" can be melted. Don't give up!

gemini2
god loves you. he did not make any mistakes about who your mother is. you should concentrate more on what you want to be, what is your best subject in school. go to college be the best you that god made you to be. don't let your mother still your joy. join a church learn how to love yourself as god loves you GOOD LUCK. LOVE YOURSELF.

larry2001t
Rating
*Chuckles* The Chinese symbol for war is the symbol of two women under one roof. You are almost an adult, and both of you are getting on each others nerves.

HOWEVER- right or wrong, she's still your MOM. And that means what she says goes until you move out on your own. You only have a bit over a year, so make it work ok?

Good Luck

Lissa b
Rating
You have to find out if she is a real mother of you.May be she is not your mom.Am so sorry for that my friend.Ask her sometime why she hates you.No body is perfect!even the beautiful ones they have their problems.Ask your dad to know his response.Wishing you all the best.

hajgora7
Your mother seems to have a complex about herself, and she's taking it out on you. You don't have to be so dramatic, i.e. consider leaving this world. You're almost of legal age to emancipate anyway. In some states, you may be already old enough to get out and live on your own, where you will not have to listen to your mother's envious and destructive remarks. Short answer, no it's not your fault, as far as I can tell.
Of course, we haven't heard what you may have said or done to anger your mother. Perhaps you live in a disfunctional household, where mutal abuse and recrimination is common-place. This is not unusual, sad to say.

Jenna
Please get help NOW!!! You need to see a therapist or your doctor. I'm scared for you! Don't do anything crazy. A lot of children have those problems, hopefully you can find some of them and share comfort. Hey, your 17 and will be leaving home soon. Don't loose your good attitude about yourself. Smart, don't get into trouble, beautiful...with that attitude you WILL go places and become a wonderful independent adult. Some day when you have children...make the fairy tale come true and be that kind person who loves her kids...break the cycle.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Please seek professional help if you are thinking about doing anything drastic!!!

Cap'n Jack
Rating
I think I would ask her why she has these feelings, then try to work it out from there. If things stay the same then try to find someone else to live with, like a friend.

andrewhill1978
Rating
Oh please don't say things like that. Your life will get better. I know because I have tried to leave this world 8 times and it's really better to let time and patience lead you to greener pastures. Please go talk to her and see if maybe both of you need to talk to a psychologist to work through things. If your mom says things like that to you it just isn't right at any time and she needs to support you. If that doesn't work, I would take out a loan and go to college where you can have great friends and maybe even a great boyfriend. So go and try to work through things. Life is great, always remember that. Besides she is one person in a world of billions. It's not so bad.

momprotect
Rating
You are very smart & aware. A mom (bottom line) is just another human being - although in your case a very poor example of one. Stay strong. Your 17...your almost on your own. Just hearing you speak makes me think it would be this worlds loss if you left. Let God decide when it's your time to leave. Hey, I'm not just spouting off. I am 46 and have been abused most of my life. I too used to wonder and think about leaving. Thank G-d I didn't. Finally life is worth living. You sound to smart to think it won't happen for your too.

*♡*Ă?guia*♡*
Rating
Sorry if I don't write correctly,because I'm not from North America.Well,I think you shouldn't beleave in what your mother say about you.When she criticize you, pray to Jesus Crist and say to him:"God,help me,please!Bless my mother!",but say quietly. I don't know you,but God knows and you are very important to him!God bless you!!!

Theresa M
If you rMom is overly critical I think you should both get counseling. For her because she shouldn't be that way as a parent and for you to boost your self-esteem.

lighthouse_halo
Rating
Mothers respond in different ways. Mothers learn their parenting skills most likely from their Mother or some other significant role model.She may be responding to things she heard or she may see a part of you that is like her. What ever the cause, it's not your fault. It's time for you to start taking responsiblity for your actions. If it annoys her, then don't do it around her.You can't change the past, but you can change your present and thereby change your future.

There is a better way. You are worth it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy