Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What to do when ur scared a beaten everyday but no one believes u?

Dropping out of school?
I don't want to drop out, i want to get through the next year and be happy that i've finished.
But sometimes i get really overwhelmed with everything and i just start to think "W...

Why are some people more shy than others?
Is it self-esteem problems from child hood and their peers or is it just the way they are?...

I have a drug problem?
part of me wants help, the other part doesnt want to at all and knows that if i do go to rehab or anything i would relapse again anyways.

I would go to rehab to at least try, but i'm ...

Why is it that when you have everything, you can still be depressed?
Its strange, the past year of my life has been great. Plenty of freinds, havent lost a fight for a long time and im drunk all the time.
But i always make wrong desicions and i think im worried ...

Is there anything worst than death?

Im 16 years old. Is wrong/weird for a kid my age to be attracted to women who are 35 to 55 years old?
I also have fantasies about them. Is this wrong/weird?? Please IM me on yahoo messenger... Its slickk_n_...

Do you agree that alcoohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason......

I want to quit smoking but I always seem to fail! Does anybody have any tips?
I want to quit smoking to save money and for the sake of my health but every time I give up i get paranoid and angry at the slightest thing! I think half of it is all in my head, I convince myself ...

Today is the first day of the rest of my life?

Can suicide ever be a rationally considered logical alternative...?
Most people contemplate suicide out of depression or fear or some extreme emotional condition. But what if someone wasn't being emotional, wasn't suffering any clinical or medical condition,...

I get pleasure out of hurting animals? Is that wrong?

Is it me or is life really hard.?
im 36 now and unfortunately im divorced and now without my home. I never thought it would be this hard financially, i get days when i feel so scared and alone. I dont have kiddies so im not tied down ...

I called upon the Lord to save me from my depression, but he hasn't. Why not?
Why won't God help me in my life anymore?
Additional Details
yes, I know I put this in the wrong section... however depression is ...

Do you answer the questioners that say they want to kill themselves or shy away?
personally i shy away, even though i want to help i am so afraid anything i say might trip them over the edge, wether positive or negative, it frghtens me that they might take what i say in the wrong ...

Will smoking weed cause any problems?
i haven't started but what if i just use it mildly/in moderation, don't get into the lifestyle, and stay productive? wouldn't it not cause any problems and actually be a good ...

I think im depressed but dont want to take meds?
I think im depressed but i dont want to take medications. Ive talked to different doctors and they all said its a stage im going thru but it must be a really long stage because ive been this way ...

Have I failed at life? (honest answers only)?
Please be honest, have I failed at life? Here's some info about me:
1. I'm extremely shy and have bad social anxiety, it makes it hard to talk to any people at all, order food at ...

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

Brittany W
Does the pain ever go away?
My aunt and best friend past away on 4-27-2007, and it's been very hard for me. Sometimes, I am in a good mood, thinking and laughing about the fun times we had, but then I realize she's not here for me to call on. She was only 31. Does the saddness and pain ever go away? Please, no answers about God.
Additional Details
I just wanted everyone to know that we were close because we were so close in age. I am only a few years younger than her. But thanks for all the responses.

*´`*♥♡Sarah☺ Beanz♡♥*´`*
It may hurt for a long time but time is the only thing that can heal a wound like that.... Recently i lost my son's father and a really close friend of the family's son whom was only 3 at the time.... It's hard for me right now seeing as i have to raise a little boy on my own and deal with his father not to meantion another child the age of my son... just think of the good times and try not to let it get you down.... good luck

Kelly V
Rating
time will heal the pain
I use to cry myself to sleep when I lost two of my best friends in the same week. Its been 5 years now and I have come to learn that life goes on and time heals the pain, I guess :(

master of all
time also wounds all heels...sorry, i thought a little humor might help. i lost a good friend 30 years ago and i still miss him. the pain will subside, but you'll always think about that person. hope this helped a little

cassiepiehoney
Rating
it doesnt go away but it does lessen, when your grieving -its your own timeline to feel better.I lost my dad when I was 13 and my younger sister a few months ago-I miss them both terribly but am consoled by the fact that we did have some time together and I kind of take on the attitude that I have to enjoy my life -because thats what they would want for me. I would say the actual pain you feel (heaviness in your heart) will fade-but the sadness will linger and at some point you'll learn to think of them and be happy-try to focus on what you had without the sadness of what cant be

vanamont7
No. It doesn't go away. Even if you do know God. We're all human and have feelings. We're not perfect. The fact you feel like you do means you really had something special. Thing of it is, that intangible is still there, intact, that'll input into your life in ways you can't imagine right now. Sometimes I miss my grandparents a lot, but when I remember them I realize they imparted something very special to me that forms part of who and what I am. This is what you have to keep in mind. I know this isn't much, but I do hope this helps. My sincerest condolences to you, honestly.

georgiagirl
time heals everything, it's hard to think like that now, but it does get easier as time goes by, the lord will help you if you would just let him, i know you said no answers about god, but that is my Father you are talking about, sorry you don't know him!

xoxox
Rating
To be honest, it will fade, but deep down it will always be there. My Godfather passed away i thought i would never get over it, but it truly does help when you think they would only want you to think about the good. When my family talks about my Godfather i sometimes want to cry. I am even starting to tear up while typing this just thinking about him. He passed away about 4 years ago. I spent the entire day before with him. I was only 11.
Oh crap now i am crying. Over time you will come into relization that they are watching over you, and you can still talk to them. Before i go to sleep at night i talk to my Godfather. For awhile i was mad because she was supposed to be there incase anything happeend to my family, but now he isn't. But i know deep down no matter what he is going to be there. Oh yeah, you also should try to talk with other people about the good things that happened in their lives. IT really helps. The day my Godfather passed away was my brothers 8th grade Graduation party, and before we knew he passed we all sat praying for him. Then we got the horrible news and we sat crying, and people said they should go and my whole family said he wouldnt have wanted them to go. And we probably spent the entire night talking about the good times we had with him.

speedy_me18
Rating
in 2004 I was pregnant with my first child and at 5 months I went into labor. He lived for 24 hours and then passed away. I only knew him for 24 hours but I feel like I lost a part of me, which you probably feel too. It's been 3 years now and I still think about him every day. I don't cry every day like I used to, but it still make me sad to think of him. It gets easier as time goes on, but I'm sure you'll still feel sad about it at times. You just have to remember the happy times you had together and at least you had those times together. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Believe me, if you feel like you can't live without her anymore, go to a doctor and talk to them about it. At first it was so hard for me to talk to anyone about it, I just started crying when someone would mention him, but now I'm comfortable talking and sharing my experience. It won't totally go away, but it'll get better, believe me. Good luck.

lissy
My mom died when I was 9. Im 18 now. I hate to tell you this but I do not feel the pain ever goes away. You come to terms with them not coming back. But I still lie in bed sometimes at night and will have a quick memory and will just start crying. You will always miss them but the only thing you can do is remember the good times you had, cherish every moment you have with the loved ones you have left, and remember they would want you to be happy. Im sorry you lost them, it will take some time to feel like you dont have a heavy weight on your chest but eventually you will come to realize you have to live your life still. Thats what they would have wanted for you.

Dan S
Rating
NO the pain never goes away.

I have lost my father and two other family members. It has been many years, but the loss is still strong, and if it every fails to be strong then I will be truly sorry.

Time doesn't heal all wounds it only makes them lessen. All you have to do is to think about the person again and the pain comes right back. After a while though the pain will lessen. However, part of that pain is how important your aunt was in your life. You never want to let go of that feeling so you will never want to let go of the pain of her loss. You will refer to memories of her from time to time, some good, some bad, but they will continue to be important memories in your life and there is no way to separate the pain of her loss from those memories. There will always be that sense of loss, but that is your way of honoring her. The body fades away, and the spirit is now untouchable, but those memories of her are things that are yours to keep. You will always miss her and that will cause you some pain, but that pain comes from your honoring her memory so it should never be totally shoved aside.

cg.hawk
The answer is yes, the pain does go away eventually. The sadness is always there because it is a sad thing to loose someone you love. Years from now you will still think of them and cry cause you miss them so much and they were a part of you. Then you realize you have to let them go.

Floppy Disk
Yes, eventually the pain will die down to just a sad memory. Losing family and friends may be pretty hard on you the first few weeks, months, or even years; but eventually you'll feel better.

clare18
Rating
I know how your feeling and it hurts so much.What happened is still so recent so your emotions will be all over the place.My gran died 2 years ago and i was like you but now i 've accepted she's gone.I never ever thought i would.Now i smile when i think of her instead of being upset.

You will never get over your aunt's death but you will learn to accept it and things will get easier.Be strong..... x

♥SeReNdIpItY♥
oh hunno sorry to hear about your loss!! They say time heals everything, however it will get better butit will never completely go away, just make sure you have a cry when you need to. TO have good days and bad days are totally normal. It will get less and less painfull but like i said it will never completely go away and thats okay, it just means that you loved them and miss them dearly!

~*~AmethystMoonBeams~*~
with time you'll think about them not being there less. time does not heal all things like people say but it does dull the pain. it helps you move on with out feeling as guilty.

Just_gone
Rating
It fades and the good memories remain.
there is help on:
http://www.mentalhelp.net

OZzY MoTo
I recently lost both of my precious sister's & 4 of one of their children. & to answer your question....NO. Sorry, I never thought of it before I lost them, but how can you ever fill that hurt & void where you once had love & happiness. The only good news, is it does ease in time. Oh, you'll still have bout's when you scream inside & shake your fist at the heaven's, but
you'll find something that breathe's life back in to you. Mine was my little Arabella Grace, my daughter, I wrote in her baby book, "she was a breathe of fresh air". After her my day's had light again, not dark & gloom. I am sorry for your loss. Good luck to you!

googly bear
I lost my mom...when i was very young.....I lost my first born son...His name was Sawyer.....I believe their in heaven together....and that makes me feel better .........the pain will never go away....but it does get easier....

jacquieb323
I have lost my father and my aunt. And I can say, "No" the pain & saddness don't go away. They do lesson in time. And you have to think about all the happy times you had with them. Sometimes it helps to write them a letter. You can tell them how you feel about them not being there, then take it to the cemetary or a favorite place of there and read it to them, then burn it.

nurserachet_0000
Rating
The pain fades. You have more and more good days. You will always have these sudden attacks of "oh my god, she's dead". It takes many, many, many years. The best thing you can do is to talk about these people you lost. Get your thoughts out of your head...share them. Share the good memories and your feelings. This is very therapudic. My heart goes out to you.

Laura B
Wow im really sorry for your loss. I am dealing with the loss of my daughter since november, so i can imagine some of the pain and stress that you are going through.
I am not sure if the pain ever goes away 100% but it does ease up alittle, and there is nothing wrong with that. What you are feeling is extremely normal(trust me) I went on an antidepressant for a few months and that seemed to help me, maybe if you feel that you arent finding any relief at all you should get the advice of your doctor on the matter. Dont worry i wont preach to you about God, He and i dont get along so i dont pretend to think that religion is very helpful with matters like this, at least for me it isnt. One of the biggest things i found that really helped me was to journal what i was feeling, its actually a huge release when it comes to the type of stress that you are going through. For me one aspect of that was to write to my daughter and also to write really angry letters at God(but thats just me) I was so hurt that i could lose a baby at 5 months pregnant and not ever know i was pregnant in the first place until right before i lost her(doc's never picked up on it even with lots of blood work etc) I think that eventually you learn to move on and the pain will lessen but honestly i cannot tell you whether or not it completely goes away. Good luck to you.

Kid
Rating
yes the pain go away but it goes away slowly and it slaps you in the face one and a while i should know my mom past away when i was 3 months old.

jbela2001
yes...but it may take a long time. they say the grieving process takes 5 years (on average), but it's true it can last much longer than that (did for me).

David
You may not believe it right now but Yes, the pain goes away...in time. Be patient, understanding and keep them alive in your memories.

Pat
Rating
The pain gets easier to bear with time even though it never really totally goes away. Just keep on concentrating on those good memories.

Nikki ツ
Rating
no, it's really never going to be gone because you're always going to have those days where you look back and just want to cry, but it does get easier. you'll always have those memories of them with you.

football studd
yes, my aunt died of cancer a day after my birthday. it was rough cuz we were pretty close but after a year i was better knowingshe wasnt suffering any more. i prayed for her. sorry for your losses.

KOOKIE
The pain will never go away. Well, you'll get used to them being gone, but you'll always remember them and remember all the good times you had with them. Nothing else you can do, except remember them and remember they loved you.

joyceeleann
Rating
My mom died from cancer about two years ago... I can cry on a dime when I think of her..just this morning...I cried because her picture is on my side table next to my bed and for some reason I turned and her eyes just caught my attention. No it doesn't go away....You just learn to deal with it better when you are speaking of her. For me..there is still a hole in my heart that nothing can fill.

I am sorry for your loss.

zappafan
I feel for you Brittany - the pain dulls over time but never completely goes away. Remember her everyday and remember the good times. She will live on in your heart and mind.
I lost my brother 12 years ago and I still hurt about it to this day - the last time we spoke we had a huge fight and I never got to make amends over that. Even writing this has been difficult for me ...

Good luck to you ...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy