Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have a one questions my mind is very depressed. my mind thinks always.?
i think i have two minds working in same time. one mind say one thing and second say other thing. i am very confusrd. what should i do?...

How to treat depression without professional help or drugs?
I do have depression symptom.
I'm a little workers ant so dont expect me to seek help from a professional....

Why am i like this?
since chilødhood i have a complex that i m ugly. no one has ever told me that and even ppl say my looks are above average but still i feel ugly and hate it when someone takes my photo during any ...

I am a very beautiful female, but i am afraid of my own beauty?
ppl always say i am pretty, they say that i should worry about anything, that i can easily get any job bc of my looks or whatever.....
but the problem is i am afraid of my own beauty. i know it ...

Help me i think that I am seconds away from doing something really stupid!!!?
Help.....i know that i talked to people on here yesterday....but right now i am thinking about doing what i know will end it all....last night i tried to take everyones advice....i called people for ...

Why is it that so many "teens" are so troubled these days?

My cable WENT out and I JUST SMASHED MY TV, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Am I depressed? Bipolar?
Yes its long. Please read. It would mean a lot.

I feel like there is a deep pit in my stomache. Fun activies that use to excite me dont even spark interest. I am only fully happy when I ...

How come I didnt die after tying cord around my neck and passing out with alcohol last nite?

Additional Details
I guess I didnt make it tight enough. Next time I got to make it tighter and drink more alcohol so I dont notice how tight I put it and then I will pass out. What a ...

Heroin addiction?
Hi, i have heard from many heroin users that 4 hits( injected) of heroin is all someone needs to get addicted. is this true or does it depend or each person?...

What is Your Greatest Fear About Aging?

What in the world would cause this to happen??!!??
Yesterday, i went to pick up my son from school for a dr. app. and while i was walking up to the door, all of a sudden i got this feeling that i was at the wrong school. So i started to question ...

How do you fight lazziness?

Dont you wish sometimes to curl up in a ball and die?

Why am i depressed? is it because there are things i cant change? or is it because im ill?
to clarify. would i be depressed if everything was ok.. so am i just p*ssed off?
Additional Details
you lovely kind people thanks. i cant do anti depressants. im fighting it . sometimes ...

My fiance was a kidnap victim, who was raped and beaten for two years. She now suffers from PTSD..any advice?
I would like to know how to handle this delicately. The man responsible will be out of prison October of next year, and we will have to face him in court to make it ok for me to legally adopt the ...

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

Ilmmfe
I have ocd?
I have obsession compulsive disorder its so stressing what do i do? Do u have ocd

(SELF)
Rating
stay high........................... real high.....

♪ Peace Ninja ♪
Rating
is that why you are asking your questions twice? ;)

I tease, but my ex was wicked ocd. it took him 2 hours to take a shower . i always felt really bad for him ,for that (even tho it drove me nuts sometimes..'specially when he locked the door and i had to pee) Aaanyway...
I think they have meds to ease the symtoms. What does your dr say?

Debbie V
Rating
My sister has OCD and I've been told often that I have OCD-like tendencies.

My sister got better when she was on Luvox. My tendencies are not so bad that I treat them individually, because I have anxiety disorders and chronic depression, too. So my anxiety meds and anti-deps probably help me out with OCD as well.

Go see your dr. He can give you a pill to prevent episodes, and possibly another to stop them quickly. You need to see a PSYCHIATRIST. This is important because regular dr.s can't keep up with the rapidly changing scenario where new drugs are popping up every day and new treatments are being tried, too.

If you don't have a psychiatrist, ask your regular dr. to refer you to a dr., someone she would take her own kid to, if they had these problems.

Medication. One or two little pills can help SO much.

TX Mom
Not a dr.

P.S. NAMI--the National Alliance for Mental Illness has a really great site (www.nami.org) with tons of information about meds, treatments, drs--they can refer you to someone in your city. They've got conversation boards so you can talk with others with similar problems. They're great!

astralpen
You should see a therapist. A course of drugs and counseling can help.

Maria R
Rating
i know a woman that has severe OCD and her life is a living hell.
OCD is simply not checking on something more than once or having organize your books.
she constantly repeats the sdame thing.when she sits she cannot just sit once she much do it 4 time to complete her ritual, which is different from person to person with OCD.
many do thing in sets of 4s or to the 5th letter in the alphabet.
etc...but the point is she opens and shuts drawers to her dresser 4 times and she cannot stop.
please dont just say you have OCD , it is a serious mental disease that affects so many people very seriously.
if you are very concerned go to a doctor and they may reccomend that you go to therapy or prescribe you medication.

alan_attack
Rating
Concentrate on something more important.

Gr8Doc
Rating
N.B. for those who do not know OCD stands for obsessive compulsive disorder.

anyhow: how was you've been dignosed with OCD? because this a psychiatric diagnosis and you might check it with your phsyichatric..

if it happen that you have OCD, you have to know that most cases of OCD are controllable with many drugs in the stores.. you can live your life normally.. and all what you need is a little bit of support..

wish you the best of health

litarine
Hi there! I am also suffering from OCD after i had a miscarriage.When i realised my problem,i spoke to a counsellor & got her advice & it turns out well for me.Its simple yet effective advice : - Always remember to fight OCD.Tell yourself you're not going to let your anxiety take over you.Fight against it by telling yourself that its not going to take control of your life.It works for me & i am getting better each day.Avoid medication if your problem is not that serious yet as if you start on it,you may be dependant on it for long time.I hope you will get well soon.Take care!

animal gurl
well, depending on the severity of your ocd, medication might be the best answer for you. it can really help. there is also a wonderful line of medicine being practiced called cognative therapy. it is very helpful and nothing compares. i wish you the best of luck and i know you will overcome this.

ஜSnazzlefrazzஜ
Rating
First talk to a psychiatrist, there are excellent medications available that can help control the symptoms of OCD.

Secondly, find a therapist that specializes in OCD. Therapy that utilizes Exposure and Response Prevention is highly effective in treating OCD, especially when utilized in a group setting.

Best of Luck.

nat
Rating
my friend has ocd and her doctor prescribed a medicine for her. he also said that she will grow out of it.

mr bigs
Mine is linked to the infection lyme disease,which you may consider investigating yourself.(Skin problems could be another suspicious sign).I used to take anafranil medication which is noted as being one of the best tablets for ocd,but not for absolutely everyone.But it worked well for me without causing extra tiredness.

eelaiina
I DO. i grew out of mine kinda sometimes it comes back.. but i do agree its very very stressful. just try and cope is al i can say... thats what i did, and i had lots of support from like friends! good luck :]

Kimberly C
I was diagnosed with OCD 4 years ago. I am not a handwasher, but I count things continuously and must have certain things a certain way (pantry in ABC order, certain rituals I go through at night, etc). I was placed on Zoloft and it has helped tremendously. I still have a few "quirks" but the medicine helps me to control them and function without difficulty. Good luck to you, and remember, you could have many things that are much worse than this...it's controllable!

Missy
Rating
Research it as much as you can. See a doctor. And hopefully he can prescribe you with something to help control it!!

Diamond
Rating
Yes i have always had that, there wsa a time that it was pretty stressing. But now i think my OCD has turned into some other illnesses like BDD, since my OCD was untreated. I would have to say that if your OCD is so bad that it interferes in your life then straight away go for therapy before it causes you more harm. You need a doctor for this.

NONAME
I do as well, it is very stressful but since I have been on medication life has been much better and I have a therapist to talk to and I would recommend one.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy