Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

What is wrong with my step-son?
What will become of this boy?
-has ADD
-is extremely violent towards other children- especially siblings and relatives(attacks people with objects and does try too hurt them badly)

Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body<...

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

you asked , i answered...
1-800-suicide?????
can i call 1800suicide and ask them there opinion on if i should see a psychiatrist..after telling them how i been feeling and my thoughts and such???
Does anyone know of a number i could call just so i can get an opinion????
I am scared to call a place and set an appointment!
Additional Details
i am not suicidal nor do i want to do it!!!
but i have had thoughts skim through my head when i get really down or angry

caseymmcdaniel
Rating
Just call your physicians office. Just tell them you would like a check up or an appointment. Generally your doctor will ask mental health questions, if not just bring it up. Tell him you have been feeling down.

Good luck...Hang in there!

Hi'Lo
Sorry you're having a tough time. Seems after the new year a lot of people have those thoughts. Meaning....
We all have times that we think of doing ourselves in. I think its some what normal as long as you don't obsess on that idea. Its usually a fleeting thought and it passes. Later when something wonderful happens I think...wow if I were dead I would have missed that.
Yes, go see someone to calm your thoughts and concerns. I have and it eases me to know that a professional person knows about my "darker side".
Till you are able to see someone, let the thought come then go.
Take care of yourself.

mysticallytru
Rating
I think that you just need to talk to someone. A councilor would be a good idea. You should be able to get a number for a counciling agency under Behavioral health in the phone book, there are offices that are free to certain insurances or if your not covered you might qualify for free or they will put you on a sliding scale fee which is according to what you can really afford. Or call and make an appointment with a minister which is usually free.
And have you ever considered what you think about on a constant basis? DO you think on good things or do you just let your mind hang out by itself? If you arent purposely filling your mind with thoughts that YOU want in there then the tendancy is for the mind to go negative-I dont know why but thats the tendancy. Thats what is meant by count your blessings.
http://mysticallytru.blogspot.com

Cathy
Rating
Most mental health clinics have people a Intake Councilor.

They basically sit down with you to ask you what your needs or concerns are.

Typically they place you to a therapist that best fits your needs.

I actually found my old therapist through intake. He ended up being my therapist. Very nice man. Dam I miss him.

Don't be afraid. They are there because they care, why else would someone be in that career.

egtg05
yeah call

1-800-273-8255

you should try to see someone in person though.

its great that you want help though! you will get through this :)

S M F
Rating
Do NOT hesitate to get help!
As a lifer of depression, it is not something to be messing around with. Humble yerself enough to put your hand out....it IS amazing what happens when we get out of our own way!
Make the appointment.

Darla
Rating
Hi,
look up online for suicide hot lines, and suicide helplines.
there is a vase array of resources there, hang on kid.
talk to your guidance counselor or a trusted teacher for advice, and help with finding someone to talk to, it's OK to discuss your feelings, and it will help.
try also: The Boys Town National Hotline, 1-800-448-3000, is a 24-hour crisis, resource and referral line for teens and parents struggling with suicide, depression, ...
it's OK to ask for help, it shows a lot of courage.
TAKE CARE, relax, have fun

ERIC L
Rating
most help lines are confidential so please get help if you feel you need to talk to someone. remember suicide is the final solution to temporary problems! Good luck to you.

Silly rabbit trix are for kids!!
Rating
Yes you can. If are scared to call them you can talk to me... :)

The Stone
Rating
The harsh reality is what ever causes this anger needs to be eliminated from your life. It never gets better are any easier without calling some where and making an appointment its the first step in the direction of some initial help, and from there you can find a support system to keep you strong.

Anniekd
Ah, everyone gets those thoughts when life feels pointless, even if they don't want to admit it. If you really know you aren't suicidal, I'd suggest finding a good counselor or psychologist by asking people you trust if they know of a good one. I know it's not something people usually share, but you should be able to get a good name after telling only a few people... because a lot more people get professional help than you'd think.

Oh, and if you ever find out somebody you know has seen a psychiatrist or something, don't freak out. Not everybody goes for abuse, schizophrenia or weird syndromes. I went to see if we could figure out why I was so obsessive-compulsive (which really wasn't that bad, and we never did figure it out).

Holiday
Rating
You need help before something does happen try talking with your family and tell them or a friend. If you go to church talk with someone there like pastor. If you call infor, they will give you a number. Life isn't worth taking . don't give into the negative things in your mind. But do something..God bless you ..

Master Chef T.
Rating
call them they can help!

karson L.
You have absolutley nothing to loose by calling these people! Even if you don't feel suicidal even calling someone to sort out your problems is always someting to be shared. You don't even have to set an appointment, you can just talk to someone. Don't worry your completley normal, everyone gets down and angry sometimes, and stray thoughts do seem to fill our minds, it's completley normal!

evilindyka77
Rating
dont wait too long to find some counseling ... it could save your life

Mistystars
Rating
1-800-SUICIDE. 1-800-273-TALK. These are national hotline numbers. Please use them. You would be missed by your family and friends.

Sonny B.
Rating
1-800-448-3600!~good luck=]

cyndiga
When you are down or angry, there are outside forces causing it to happen. Focusing on the anger will bring all sorts of strange thoughts to your head. Taking a deep breath and looking back on the factors that brought the situation to climax will help you sort out what you need to do, not do, say, or not say, in the future to prevent things from escalating. Even if it is someone else who is causing these feelings, it is you who are allowing the feelings to occur. You are stronger than that. If you need someone to talk to try the number to your local "CONTACT", or similar office. The first page in the phone book usually has the emergency hot line numbers. Your local church and priest, or minister will always listen and offer their help. Hang in there! You aren't crazy, you just need help sorting things out. God Bless!

angel
Rating
ya um i do that sometimes to i havent talked to anyone i think its just because we are mad and we dont want to go off on someone else so we think about going off on ourselves cause when your mad or upset you say things you dont mean

dan_thompson12
Rating
dnt waste ur time its easier to talk to a friend

berny
depends where you are look in the phone book theres always a state run program you can call a number and get a person to talk to and they will give you advice on what to do or just talk i live in florida and the number here is under the crisis line its usually on the second page of phone book

Godly_Expert
Rating
well if you are having thoughts of suicide, from my experience you are basically going to travel down a path with these notions constantly around you. The reason I say this is because the current course of your life is making you have a brush with the cold reality of life. Your perspective of life relfects on your personality as a pesimist, which is normal. It is human to be pesimistic. If you dont like life now how could you like life in the future without forcing change upon yourself. You have to change your attitude and be positive and look for positive change. However, since you most likely have the pesimistic attitude it will be difficult for you to change. Face it, life aint fair, life is what you make it, there are no hand outs, there are no promises or guarantees ever, and lastly hope can be the thing that inspires to push for your dreams or it can be the the dark force that lures you into the future only for you to ultimately realise the harsh realities. If you cant handle it dont feel alone or ashaimed you are only being you and who is to blame for you being you. Would you blame a chair for breaking under stress or would you blame the person who built it? If you genuinely want to live make the call. Otherwise follow your heart and what you truely want, do not listen to your evolutionary survival instincts, because it is them that keeps us suffering longer. Your not alone, ever.

zaz
1-800-273-8255
this number should help. i've heard that its very helpful.

arisannia
Rating
1-800-555-HELP
they can direct you to the area that you need.

Sherrie L
Rating
You should call. Just talking to someone who understands will help. Don't wait until things are worse, do it now. Good Luck!

Mexilent!!!!
You may want to try google, or a school counseler works great too, i hope you figure everything out

=)
Rating
i think everybody gets those thoughts every once in a while. get a close friend, and talk to them. they'll probably tell you that you'll be fine, and ya'll can talk more, and get closer.

meangtr7
dont commit suicide. life can always get better, just remember that.

Busted
Rating
Everybody has those moments. But if you do get one of those moments, call them. That is what they are there for, to talk. I believe it is 100% confidential and you don't have any obligations. Good Luck! Don't let the world get you down.

Jackie
Rating
Please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

And remember, if nothing else, Yahoo! members are here for you

Peace. Love. ALL

Jackie

jlohlinger
Try these...

1-800-784-2433
1-800-273-8255

I hope things work out for you...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy