Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

Can anyone tell me why do people ask stupid question's?

How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

I'm turning 39 in 10 minutes. Is life pretty much over after the 30's?
I'm really becoming aged. I have one year of my 30's left. I'm looking for answers from old people (40+) about how to handle leaving my 30's and entering old age. If you are under ...

Why would anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence use Crystal Meth.?
Knowing what we know about this drug. About how addictive it is; how unstable it is and just how dangerous it is; why would anyone with any amount of intelligence even try it.

Is it ...

Can people please say something to me, distract me...?
i've got a lot on my mind atm, i'm stressed, worried, and i really feel the need to cut myself right now, but i'm desperately trying not to. i haven't cut for weeks, so i'm ...

Is George Bush clinically insane?
He certainly has been acting very strange....

My life is so lovely that I might as well shoot myself...?
Does anybody know from a counsellor who doesn't charge because I can't pay
Additional Details
I'm not looking for attention, I am just genuinely messed up and really want ...

I need help!! should i go to the hospital right now?
I dont knwo what to do!! Im 21 years old.. ifeel like i am losing my mind.. i am like twitching, im not thinking straight, i feell like i am going to like lose control.. i am so irratable and ...

Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if ...

I have a stalker.. any tactics to scare em off?
there on this site by the ...

What should i do? how do i tell them?
recently i've been feeling very confused lately, feeling really low, all these weird things are happening, like i'll be standing up or something then suddenly i'll go into a dream like ...

Isn't it a disappointment to have a BA degree, ONLY to find out you can't use it & get a decent job?
Due to your mental disability? I feel like I wasted time & money. Now, I'm too mentally disabled to work. My mental illnesses are disabling, & I had a low undergrad GPA in Spanish-2.3, ...

Is it normal ???
i hate being in groups. i hate hanging in groups of over 5 (including myself). thats why i dont have very many friends. once my teacher left the classroom and all hell broke loose. there were kids ...

Do you think your wierd??

Seungyong W
How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

kingericthe7th
kill off a few close friends and family members. that way you can prepare your self.

suzykew70
Rating
If we lived our lives properly, a sudden death wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Of course, it is always sad to lose someone you love, but if we acted and treated everybody like every occasion was the last time we would see them, there would be no unresolved issues. Everyone would know how much everyone else loves/respects them, and there would be no unfinished business or regrets.

Get a book on grief from the library or see a grief counselor. Your local hospital should have a support group, and a local religious institution should have one, too.

Best.

Spiny Norman
Just be alert at all times. Be ready. Be prepared and practise being shocked daily. Keep awake at night, its a non stop vigil really!

Memphis Kitten
Rating
There's no way to prepare for sudden death. I find comfort in knowing they will soon be in heaven or on the "other side."

protectrikz
By definition, you CANNOT 'prepare' for sudden death.

Could you rephrase the question?

shemowcow
you can't get ready

but everyone is going to die maybe not to day or tomorrow but they are and that's just life sorry

vw chick
You cant. Everyone says they would be ready, but when it happens it always catches even the most prepared offgard. Hang in there with in time it gets better, I promise. Best of luck.

lizjess2000
u can never be ready 4 anyones death just take each day as it comes

emo eyes
You can never really be ready. You can do things like make funeral arrangements and stuff.

lisa c
Rating
You can never be ready but you can prepare yourself my uncle died aged 38 and we was prepared as we new he had his illness for over a year. My nan died this october we had a weekend to prepare ourself because it was just all of a sudden and we wasnt expecting it.

Pippin
Rating
Death is always a shock.it doesn't matter when it happens. you can think ahead about practical matters because when the time comes you may be too upset to think straight. try not to leave yourself with things to regret. sort out differences now. tell people how you feel about them while there's time you can't put things right later.

TRACEY J
Rating
If you know the person is going to die very soon then you need to spend quality time with them. You need to make sure that every day you tell them just exactly how special they are to you and how much you love them. You need to be there and listen to them so they can talk about anything they want to. Every last minute is important.

I lost my partner suddenly just over 2 years ago only I didn't get any warning. I got up and found that I could not get him to wake up. Despite all my efforts to revive him I lost him. I am still struggling with this because I didn't get chance to make sure he knew what he meant to me and how much I loved him.

Unfortunately you will never really be ready for anyone who is going to die, but at least by following some of my suggestions it will ease some of the pain and questions which follow a loved one's death.

I hope this helps and wish you well. :-)))

Yrret
Rating
I'm afraid i agree with Molly. We knew our father was dying, but when he did it was still a shock. I dont think its particularly appropriate to 'get ready' by looking for funeral directors etc before the death has occurred. Getting mentally ready is hard, but all you can do is tell yourself that it is going to happen, and try and see the person and talk to them if possible before they go. If the death is unexpected you cant possibly prepare yourself.

Minniex
You can't. Simple as that, when it happens, you just have to deal with it the best you can.

Blondie08
Rating
Well, if its a sudden death, you probably won't have any warning to prepare for it.

If you mean that the death will be soon but was unexpected then there isn't a huge amount you can do to prepare. Focus on making sure the person has everything they want and need and that you both feel you have said everything that you want to say to each other. Let them talk about what is going to happen, it might be painful for you, but they will need to; planning their funeral is often really important. If they can't talk, then at least make sure you have said everything you ever wanted to say to them, don't leave things unsaid.

The last thing I told my Grandma was that I loved her and that she should enjoy the view (she had a bed by a window with a lovely garden outside) she told me I looked beautiful. Now, I can look back and smile at that last visit, its not sad at all, just how it should have been.

Black Orchid
You can never be ready even if you know a loved one is dying you still cant believe it when it happens

Frogette O
How do you know there is going to be a death if it is sudden?

Iccle bear
Rating
unfortunately i don't think you can. Knowing someones going to die makes it easier in some respects, but harder in others. You're left waiting for it happen, sometimes wanting it to happen.

Someone you're close to dying is always hard to deal with whether you know it's coming or not. I lost my father 13 years and I'm still finding it hard.

It's something that you have to deal with in your own way.

champagne
Rating
if its sudden death you wouldnt have time to prepare yourself !

carpathian3030
You can never be ready for a sudden death, I happens and it will all ways come as a shock.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy