Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

Can anyone tell me why do people ask stupid question's?

How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

I'm turning 39 in 10 minutes. Is life pretty much over after the 30's?
I'm really becoming aged. I have one year of my 30's left. I'm looking for answers from old people (40+) about how to handle leaving my 30's and entering old age. If you are under ...

Why would anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence use Crystal Meth.?
Knowing what we know about this drug. About how addictive it is; how unstable it is and just how dangerous it is; why would anyone with any amount of intelligence even try it.

Is it ...

Co_25
Please help me, are there any things to help depression besides prescription drugs?
I have taken them twice in the past. Now, I have no health ins. and cannot do that again. I was considering buying St. Johns Wort, although for me in the past it never helped. Is there anything I can take that helps depression that isn't from a doctor? I really need something right now..thank you
Additional Details
(please ignore all the thumbs downs. I am not giving them, I appreciate your answers)

mramirez1283
Rating
st. john's wart helps mood. also sam-e. you can find it usually in the vitamin aisle.

Reanna
Ok, i had depression all through high school and i was on meds for it and wanted to get off of them, so i started doing things that made me happy. I ran at night while listening to music, i took bubble baths, i drank calming herbal teas, I read a lot of romance novels.

Basically you just need to find what keeps you calm and happy and do that every day. Do things that are peaceful. And don't be afraid to talk about it either. Talking to someone who has been there or is understanding can be very helpful.

Doc
Rating
B12 helps metabolism, provides energy and activates neurotransmitters in the brain. That is all good. Though it is not specifically for depression, the stimulating effect to the brain is very positive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

vatot7
Rating
im bipolar and exersise never worked for me
get on the right meds

Da Bomb
Rating
Exercise, a hobby, friends, therapy & then drugs. Good luck!

Tampa Biz
Well, if you have been diagnosed with depression, there is nothing you can take besides the perscriptions that will help it. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and the medication that your doc prescribes to you helps that imbalance. I grew up w/ a mother who was depressed. It is more than just feeling sad & down. It's a serious medical condition. See if there is any website maybe you can order them for cheaper, but please don't go off them and take St. Johns Wort.

Amity
I heard that Omega 3 supplements can help with your mood.

ali l
Rating
Beyond prescription drugs, ECT, other current trial techniques being used at U PA Hospital, and counseling there is not much else proven to reduce depressive symptoms. Something not approved by the FDA can be a risk. My friends have all tried the St. Johns, Sam-E, and a few others and none of them have had improvements in their mood. I've even heard of people getting rashes from some of the herbal treatments when I used to work for a national vitamin store chain. Sometimes trying to exercise more often or intensely will improve your overall mood. I wish you much luck.

Loren B
Rating
st. john's wort does not work...you can get out of the house, go for walks or exercise. change eating habits or cut out the junk foods. stop with negative thoughts...that can be the worse thing a person does. i am guilty of this too. thats pretty much it, oh and writer your feelings down too. hope it helps!!!

Buzz B
Rating
Exercise...

try bikram yoga! it is really good - or any exercise that you can do.
but the stretching in yoga will help release tension and makes you feel tons better.

good luck.

stay hydrated too!

bestfriendthemom
Omega three fatty acids which you can get by eating fish such as salmon and sardines, and you can buy gel capsules in the vitamin and supplements aisle of your grocery store. There are scientific studies proving Omega threes to be effective against depression among other health benefits. Also B vitamins are effective against depression.

adobeprincess
I have a doctor and a therapist. The therapist recommended a book called the feel good handbook by david burns.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+feeling+good+handbook&x=10&y=13
You might want to check with your county hospital or social services about no cost or low cost health insurance.

mortician
Rating
The ONLY Thing that's Free, that can help you is...Jesus.

Accept Him now, and He will take care of that depression....I know, I was where you are, 23 YEARS ago.

Read John 3:16 in a Bible. Pray and ask Jesus to come into your Life...as I did :)

Jesus healed the Blind, He can heal YOU.

I hope you fell better soon! Let me know....here on this posting.

KelseyMichelle
Rating
exercise can help.
I have the same problem but i just choose not to take any medication.
I smoke ciggarettes to help (not reccomeneded)
I excersise, and eat right.
really nothing but counseling and meds. will help because depression
is usually caused by to much dophamine in the brain.

Daphne
I'm sorry you're feeling down.

When I took St. John's Wort, I took it in a capsule (liquid) form and found it helped more than the tablet form. But there did come a time when I needed the pharmaceuticals.

There is a tea, called Tension Tamer , by Celestial Seasonings teas and I found that helps with a anxiety/depression combo (when I couldn't sleep at night because of worrying but was tired all day.)

Sunshine and physical activity can also help.

Also, try eating the most healthy diet you can afford-- lots of fresh vegetables, fruit,whole grains, and good quality protein.

There is no real substitute in my opinion for the combination of talking it out with a therapist, and taking an antidepressant if needed.

Is there a subsidized plan that you can look into?

D.W.
Rating
I have been dragged around by Depression for nine years, on and off of different SSRI drugs, have not been able to make it long without them and am currently taking them. None of the anti-depressants, sleeping pills, calmed me as much as music. For me, classical music, particularly strings, works fine, I have a five disk player going constantly, the five I leave playing over night are violins, cellos, pianos. If you have a headset, find your best music and listen to it loud, doing nothing else, it's easier to not dwell on the demons. Are you also having trouble sleeping?

dw

abstractjordan
Rating
Well the only other thing I could suggest is going to a therapist(talk therapy). I know you said nothing involving doctors but maybe it could you out of your depression.

jensen945
Rating
Exercise, going for a run or even like some quick cardio. If you exercise consistently your chances of being depressed are much lower.

Traveler
I tend to get depressed too. Some people just seem to naturally get depressed more easily than others. It could be temperament or genetic. I'm not into medications myself. When I get depressed, I try to look at the whole picture of what is going on in my life. Sometimes depression is a natural response to what is happening. Sometimes it can be a warning that you need to change something in your life. If you are in a situation that is too stressful, think about changing to something else. Sometimes it's because we need to get more exercise and nutrition and need to get out with people more. Medication shouldn't be used as a forever kind of answer. Do you have a minister you can talk to? Someone who is kind and confidential. Don't forget about God. He can heal and encourage you. I pray for the best for you!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy