Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

Can anyone tell me why do people ask stupid question's?

How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

I'm turning 39 in 10 minutes. Is life pretty much over after the 30's?
I'm really becoming aged. I have one year of my 30's left. I'm looking for answers from old people (40+) about how to handle leaving my 30's and entering old age. If you are under ...

Why would anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence use Crystal Meth.?
Knowing what we know about this drug. About how addictive it is; how unstable it is and just how dangerous it is; why would anyone with any amount of intelligence even try it.

Is it ...

Can people please say something to me, distract me...?
i've got a lot on my mind atm, i'm stressed, worried, and i really feel the need to cut myself right now, but i'm desperately trying not to. i haven't cut for weeks, so i'm ...

Is George Bush clinically insane?
He certainly has been acting very strange....

My life is so lovely that I might as well shoot myself...?
Does anybody know from a counsellor who doesn't charge because I can't pay
Additional Details
I'm not looking for attention, I am just genuinely messed up and really want ...

I need help!! should i go to the hospital right now?
I dont knwo what to do!! Im 21 years old.. ifeel like i am losing my mind.. i am like twitching, im not thinking straight, i feell like i am going to like lose control.. i am so irratable and ...

Destiny of Myself [UK]
Whats wrong with me?
ok firstly a little bit about me, im 15 live in the UK im 6 5" yep this is tall.

Ok to the chase, ive been feeling low like i have no future. Noticed major changes in me like not going out anymore, sleeping in the daytime up all night on the PC. Everyone i know seems different. Im noticing they dont know much about me, when i thought they did. Things are seeming pretty bad, and well quite honestly have been like this for a year now. Am i depressed? I dont even know myself, if i am why am i? I got no reasons to be. Apart from... Never seeing my dad as hes always at work, Mum doesnt know me much. Me and my brother well what to say... lets put it i wouldnt know if he was home or not. We never talk i just feel like my family are just people who live in the same house as me.

RESEARCHINGPSYCHEDELICS
Rating
what does your height have to do with this? and why did you make such a point to tell us about it, instead maybe you should have told us about your personality etc. sorry i dont know what to say cause i dont have enough info about you.

Heather Capps
I think taht u are depressed

JeremySTARR.
Its called becoming a man. Its completely normal, kid. And thing will be like this for a while, and normal for a while. Its all a part of becoming a young man, but you need to accept all this, and dont expect things to happen as you plan or suggest them to happen. being a teenager can be hell.

Lyny piny
I dont think ur depressed. I think ur just growing up and ur body and u are changing. But if u feel u need somone 2 talk 2 go 2 ur doc n let it all out.Be Happy.xx

ANIA
Rating
Honestly, your only 15 and for you to think you have no future, thats a little weird, you can do anything you want with your life, people grow up and change thats a part of life, and the first thing your doing wrong is sitting at the computer and wasteing time, PC isnt gonna give you a happy life trust me. Go out find something that your good at and enjoy it. You wil be fine dont let it get to you, try to talk to your mum, i'm pretty sure she will listen, your parents have to work to put food on the table and pay the bills, so you have to understand that they are working for you so you can have certain things in life, your parents will listen if you just talk, they will be happy to hear about your feelings, they will feeel like you still need them.

b h
Rating
My kid is just a bit older and he's up all night and so are a lot of kids about this age, so that's not a symptom of depression. Feeling different to people around you again is not a symptom of depression because you are finding yourself. You need to read more and perhaps find a direction for your life. You sound perfectly normal to me but just need to find yourself. Don't bother trying to find other people, when you become interesting and start to achieve something, they will seek you out.

amberlina
Rating
maybe u shuld take a vacation
P.S good luck

gordon18mscotland
Sounds like puberty to me in a big way.... you should eat healthy food plenty of fresh fruit and veg. But stay away from medication (they f**k you up the most). try taking up a hobby like art to express your emotions

kckmellons
Rating
it sounds to me like you have some communication issues with your friends and family which is pretty normal for a 15 year old. just remember to be proud of who you are and that you are doing great. and just talk to people tell them what your likes and dislikes and so on are. that is how you get to know somebody. and as for your brother don't be afraid to strike up a simple conversation with him. like just ask him how his day was and so on. you will be fine you are going through a lot of changes right now emotionaly and physicaly so just keep that in mind. hope that this helps

Jojo Q
Honey, you are so young! You are at an age when you are just discovering and getting to know yourself. Of course, you cannot know yourself so well at your age.

However, being aware of your immediate environment, your home and the members of your family, how you relate to one another is a good sign. Its pretty obvious that you want to reach out and have more interaction. Then go ahead, start it. Initiate the conversation, get more involved with your family. Start by doing something for them.

Love and belongingness is a basic need at the stage of life you are in. Your search and longing for it is normal. It is good that you are looking for this within your family. I'm sure if you really communicate with your parents, you can find answers to your questions. Don't be too embarrassed to ask them. They would be very willing to give you that attention. For all you know, that could start the bond that would serve as foundation for relationships you could have in the future with people outside of your family.

So relax. Take a deep breath. There really is nothing to it. Making that first move. Good luck!

sparkles9
Rating
Dear, there is nothing more confusing than those wonderful teenage years. I can tell you that you have more power over your mind and the way you feel today than you realise you do. Heck, I am almost 30 years old and have just figured this out in the last couple of years. Quite often we choose our state of mind. . .if you are feeling blue. . .you can sit and dwell in it or you can choose to shake those negative feelings off and get up and do something about it. It is really your choice.

What is something that you have a passion for in life, something you would like to do? Make yourself a list of 10 things you would like to do or see. . .then start doing something today to get you to those goals.

I also recommend a gratitude journal. . it helps keep things in perspective. Each evening write down 10 things you are thankful for. . .no less than 10 :). Some days you will find that you can write 40 things down and other days you will struggle to reach the 10. But, on your down days when you go back and read through your gratitude journal you will realise how blessed your life is.

Good luck on setting some new goals for yourself and mostly good luck on the journey to reaching those goals. Life is a journey, dear, take it one day at a time. . . .and do your best to enjoy it all.

buntslever
Rating
It is part of growing up, Tosh. When you are learning the lessons of life - which you are doing now - things seem complicated. And you look round for reasons for things that happen to you, but often come up with the wrong answers. It is called experience, and you have to live the life.

I don't know my teenage daughter, and she doesn't really know us at this stage. But we don't interfere.

In time, things will start making more sense.

Teenagers usually are not very good at taking advice. But, if you are listening. From a wrinkly. You have just one life. And you are only young once. Dive in there feet first and make the most of it Before you know it, you will be married with a mortgage and kids and responsibilities. So make the most of the present time.

Sock it to 'em, kiddo !

AfterGod'sHeart
if you are depressed there are two kinds of depression, one is situational and the other is chemical.

when someone dies we get depressed that is part of the healing for the stages of grief.

If it is chemical then you will have to find a way-meds for example, talk to a doctor there are certain medical conditions which actually increase depression. do not try to figure this out go to your medical dr so he can make sure there is not a physical reason then talk to him about the psychiatric reason and get his referral

doggy dog
i was the same at your age , you're growing up the chemicals in your brain are going ten to the dozen as for your family that's how it is its like life is preparing you for adult hood another year and you'll be working people drift away so you yourself can make your own dissistions in life , good luck and make the right decitions

Margaret M
Being 15 and on the edge of adulthood can be pretty daunting. You sound like a normal teenager to me. It takes just one person to start a conversation so start one with your brother. If you sleep all day and are up all night on your PC. sounds like no one can get a chance to know you. You only sleep all day because your up all night, thats a habit you have gotten into that you should try and change. If you were available during the time your family were awake you would see them more and vice versa. Your dad must get time off, your just not around when he is there cause your sleeping. Try and change your routine to fit in with the rest of the family,sounds like you have changed night into day. You are growing up and noticing things now that were always there in the first place. Probably enjoying yourself before then and not taking notice of anything or anyone around you, now you are getting older and starting to see things you had never noticed before. Its normal. I was in that place too for a while.

Avalon
Rating
I'm no proffesional on this kind of stuff, but I have a cousin who is just like that. He had his doctor put him on anti-depressants. It sounds like what you're going through is depression or maybe you're close-minded about something....Did something happen to you in the past few days or weeks that really upset you? If so, that could be it. If all else fails, I would reccomend asking my doctor about anti-depressants.

shelokay
you are growing up.. being a teenager aint easy and this is all part of the becoming independant process!
speak to your dr if u need help with the way u feel

fizzeektmax
step it up!! sleeping so much can make you feel depressed because too much sleep can actually make you feel exhuasted all the time. get out of the house even if you just go for a stroll around town being outside will make you feel better and eventually you can re-connect with your friends and meet new ones along the way!! you're way too young to out all the weight of your future on yourself. go have fun, do crazy things look at every angle of things!! as for your family the more active you are the more things you will have to discuss with them and build a closer relationship!! so get out of bed check out a coffee shop, bookstore, park or whatever and get back to lovin life and all it has to offer!! your 15 there is no limit to what life can offer you in the future!

RKB
I'm 15 as well. Last year I started staying up on the computer all night and sleeping all day. I honestly think it's just a part of growing up. I think you'll grow out of it. I'm pretty sure it's just a teenage thing. Good luck and I'm sorry about your family. I don't really know mine too well either.

Livie
Rating
Feeling isolated and not well known is common for teenagers. You are maturing and changing and that can create a lot of stress. At the same time, you are describing a lot of indications that could mean depression. staying home, sleeping in the daytime and being up night are all ways to keep yourself separated from others. Since it's been going on for a year, I'd recommend you see a doctor to discuss your symptoms.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy