Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

Can anyone tell me why do people ask stupid question's?

How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

I'm turning 39 in 10 minutes. Is life pretty much over after the 30's?
I'm really becoming aged. I have one year of my 30's left. I'm looking for answers from old people (40+) about how to handle leaving my 30's and entering old age. If you are under ...

Why would anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence use Crystal Meth.?
Knowing what we know about this drug. About how addictive it is; how unstable it is and just how dangerous it is; why would anyone with any amount of intelligence even try it.

Is it ...

Can people please say something to me, distract me...?
i've got a lot on my mind atm, i'm stressed, worried, and i really feel the need to cut myself right now, but i'm desperately trying not to. i haven't cut for weeks, so i'm ...

Is George Bush clinically insane?
He certainly has been acting very strange....

My life is so lovely that I might as well shoot myself...?
Does anybody know from a counsellor who doesn't charge because I can't pay
Additional Details
I'm not looking for attention, I am just genuinely messed up and really want ...

I need help!! should i go to the hospital right now?
I dont knwo what to do!! Im 21 years old.. ifeel like i am losing my mind.. i am like twitching, im not thinking straight, i feell like i am going to like lose control.. i am so irratable and ...

Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if ...

I have a stalker.. any tactics to scare em off?
there on this site by the ...

What should i do? how do i tell them?
recently i've been feeling very confused lately, feeling really low, all these weird things are happening, like i'll be standing up or something then suddenly i'll go into a dream like ...

MeLiSsA♥
Why do people become depressed and commit suicide?
I think it's really sad and ridiculous.

Basil
Rating
Natural selection.

myheartsvoice
Rating
Disillusionment . . .

Lea17
i'm guessing you never lost anyone close or had anything bad happen to you, i think your the one who is ridiculous that you would even ask a question like that.

LostWithdrawal
It's something you can't possibly understand unless you've been there. Severe clinical depression can be debilitating. The feelings of anxiety and sadness can become so overwhelming to the point where it becomes literally unbearable just to exist. And the worst part is that it doesn't stop........it continues every second of every hour of every day.....like a huge weight you are carrying around constantly that is eroding your mind and destroying your soul, slowing you down and making it difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. Time becomes very slow, it's like the whole world around you slows down.

Some people do have a chemical imbalance in the brain, which can be triggered off by biological or environmental causes (often both). Just because clinical depression it's not evident to the outside world like some physical illnesses, it doesn't mean it is not a serious problem or that it is something that can easily be overcome just by having a positive attitude. It needs to be treated promptly before the symptoms get out of hand. When severe clinical depression is left untreated, the sufferer sees their only solution to the problem is ending it all. When the pain and fear of being alive seems infinitely worse than the pain and fear of death, this is when people see suicide as a way out.

?
you have obviously never been at a point in your life where you have had NO FRIENDS & FAMILY to turn to when things have become really bad in your life. some people have to deal with horrors you couldn't even imagine & it gets to a point where ending your life is the only good solution- that way you are no longer in pain & nobody else can hurt you. I feel sad for you that you think it is ridiculous as i have been there & know how it feels. it hurts more than anyone can put into words

Michelle
Rating
Unfortunately, those who are successful in completing their suicide wish, rarely leave notes. Even when notes are left it is impossible for that person to explain what they are going through and what brought them to think this was the only possible answer. In the beginning of the depression, especially one that leads to suicide, I tend to think that it has been an ongoing abuse maybe? A person who has no belief that things will ever change for them and that for some reason , they deserve no better.

Mia
It is difficult to understand. It a thing to get away from everything. Your own hate, pain and guilt with mounting problems, no way to cope you feel so angry at yourself for letting things come to this you are to ashamed to seek help. Its your problem right, you are the responsible one, you got yourself in that mess, you can get yourself out of it right!

Sometimes we all need to get away from everything. We all have problems, but for somebody who is depressed they really surmount you, the pain and worthlessness of live is so complete you are willing to end it all, permantly. It is not ridiculous, but can be very sad. It is easy to get very anxious about a small problem and blow it out of proportions whilst depressed.

succubus
Rating
it's not ridiculous when someone has problems

zeek
there are a lot of reasons people commit suicide. usually it is caused by severe depression and or a major mental illness. we cannot imagine how a person suffers so greatly that they want to take their own life. some times mental illness robs a person of the will to live. sometimes people kill themselves because they feel know body understands them, and they want to end their pain and suffer ring. sometimes people who talk about suicide, but do not do it, is because it is a cry for help. my brother killed himself because he was bi polar and went off his medications. i do not think it was ridiculous, but his severe depression that did it. just think of the most baddest day you have had in your whole life, and if you felt sad for a day, just think how you would feel if your sadness never went away, and was 100 hundred times worse, and then you would understand why people kill themselves.

thumba
Rating
People get depressed and commit suicide for many reasons.Yet there are many people who are depressed but do not commit suicide.
I think people who get disillusioned about life are selfish.
They thing only about their welfare and not about the people that they leave behind.In life if you are selfish you do not have the spirit of sharing and if you do not have the spirit of sharing you do not have the soul to care for others.If you do not care for others then you do not care and respect yourself.
When you do not care and respect yourself then you may find committing suicide is the great escape.

K H
Rating
Just be grateful you don't know why and that is hasn't happened to someone close enough to you to shake you out of thinking it is ridiculous.
I think you could have chosen your words a little more carefully on a subject you must have known would be deeply sensitive or painful to some.

WENDY S
Because they either have a chemical imbalance or they have a sad hopeless life that they don't ever see changing and the pain of it never changing becomes too much for them and they do the impulsive thing and end it. They are unable to see the big picture or anything around the bend to know that things always get better in the end. It is sad but not ridiculous because at that time all they want is for their pain to end. It IS a selfish act though because they rob their loved ones of their company and leave them with endless unanswered questions and immense guilt about not having "saved" their loved one.

mandy
you feel pain constantly. everything hurts and its difficult to function. the chemicals in your brain are uneven or inadequate and feeling pleasure isn't possible. you feel as though you are wasting life, oxygen, other people's time, whatever. you have no idea what life really feels like when your chemical passageways are functioning properly. you hate yourself or feel constant guilt because you hurt the ones who love you. nothing is right and it feels like something bad is about to happen.

Paul W
Rating
Its not ridiculous for those who are suffering. What a huge question to ask, how could anyone answer simply. You need to talk to someone who is suffering from depression, only they could tell you what it really is like. Some people are in so much mental anguish that they see no light at the end of the tunnel and then see suicide as the only option. People who are mentally well don't normally try to commit suicide. There are lots of reasons why people become depressed, too many to name here. Ask the Samaritans why people become depressed and commit suicide, I am sure they will tell you.

redstormrising2000
sometimes to people there seems to be no way out, no way to get rid of their personnal pain. Life seems to be hopeless and the darkness of nothing is so much easier to deal with because it only has to be done once, then after that, nothing. No more pain or disappointment to live with. I have often though of this question too, because I grew up knowing that my dad commited suicide before I was born.

Alex S
Rating
usually they are very depressed and just want to end their pain

itxazoa1957
I think that at least some of this people have no coping skills and then feel overwhelmed by the ordinary situations of life because they have been unable to deal with them properly. Disillusion of part of life, as well as stress (specially in our industrialized and impersonal societies and job environments); only little children have constant attention and a seemingly never ending illusion and capability to be surprised. People who commits suicide usually expects too much from others, from the world, from themselves and when they don't get what they expect they over react and the idea behind the suicide could be manipulation or the intention to end with all that came out wrong, instead of fight for what you want or accept things as they are. Some people commit suicide in an impulse for different reasons like a break with a partner, loss of job, poor academic grades, etc... It is very sad, but I won;t say ridiculous. I wish all that people could receive help, a comforting non-judgmental friend, and a good company through the way out of what is hurting them.

Jennifer W
Rating
I know..... :( But it's more about a disease, a chemical thing.

What I've been told ... Most people either take things out on others or themselves. If a person is the type that takes it all in, that explains their depression to begin with. Repressed anger. If their depression becomes out of hand, they get to where they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Have you ever heard about the research that was done on botched suicide. In particular, people who'd JUMPED and lived to tell about it? In every single case, they all realized that what they'd thought was so insurmountable, wasn't as bad as they'd thought. Amazing, isn't it?

My daughter has a genetic tendency towards suicide, so something I've taught her since as early as she could begin to understand, is that the key is THANKFULNESS. We should be thankful for every little thing we have, and not forget it.

atzu_87
clinical depression is a chemical imbalance in their brain...
but suicide is the last possible option for any human...
if nothing in live seemed to help make life any better some people seriously consider weither things really will ever get better, or if it's just not worth it...

anyone who doesn't have hope that tomorrow might be better, is likely to get sad ans consider suicide...
we know air, water and food are nessisary for survival, but sometimes we forget that hope is somewhere in the list too...

kckmellons
Rating
you are right it is very sad and it does seem ridiculous. however when someone has a mental disorder and there are many kinds and they do not have control of it. and they leave it untreated it then becomes terminal. just like any illness that is left untreated. what happens is a lot of time these people, myself included don't want to die but they just can't think of any way to make the pain stop. when this happens they are not thinking clearly and honestly think that the world would be a better place without them and they do not think of the hurt that it will cause becuase they can't see that at they time. so when someone you know is depressed or bipolar or so on, then you need to encourage them to get treatment and continue with it. depression is very hard to explain if you have never had it. it can make your whole body hurt and you want to get out of bed but you can't and when you do you feel no enjoyment in anything that you see or do. i hope that this helps answer your question a little. i have been suicidal and am very glad that i got the help that i needed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy