Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I need help!! should i go to the hospital right now?
I dont knwo what to do!! Im 21 years old.. ifeel like i am losing my mind.. i am like twitching, im not thinking straight, i feell like i am going to like lose control.. i am so irratable and ...

Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if ...

I have a stalker.. any tactics to scare em off?
there on this site by the ...

What should i do? how do i tell them?
recently i've been feeling very confused lately, feeling really low, all these weird things are happening, like i'll be standing up or something then suddenly i'll go into a dream like ...

Isn't it a disappointment to have a BA degree, ONLY to find out you can't use it & get a decent job?
Due to your mental disability? I feel like I wasted time & money. Now, I'm too mentally disabled to work. My mental illnesses are disabling, & I had a low undergrad GPA in Spanish-2.3, ...

Is it normal ???
i hate being in groups. i hate hanging in groups of over 5 (including myself). thats why i dont have very many friends. once my teacher left the classroom and all hell broke loose. there were kids ...

Do you think your wierd??

What things can trigger you to go into rage?

How can i stop feeling depressed....?
Ive been feeling depressed for a long time and its no fun.. how can i break away from it.......

Is it possible to beat clinical depression without anti-depressants?
If so tell me how. I've felt like sh1te for days and have all the same symptoms as when I have had it before like crying nearly all the time. But I don't want to go back to the docs and end ...

Is wanting to jump off a bridge a sign of depression?

Why do i do drugs?
i have done drugs, more than a few times actually. i feel really good when i am doing them, but guilty after. should i keep doing them and live with the guilt or should i give up my happiness?...

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

bloodyakiko
Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please.

Sacarawits P
Rating
yep....nup i never got help.... would have been happy to snuff it but it back fired:-P damnit! But im overall a jolly person...lifes damned good but i still would have been pretty happy to go then......never got found but the 'thing' i was depending on stuffed up and i had none of the 'stuff' left to go for second!! It was a real fool proof one too....dang!
But if your really going to try and snuff it id go for jumping in front of a train.....its messy and public (things i wanted to avoid) but too hell with it....it works;-)

cape cod dan
5 times. the first was barely an attempt got scared, the last was very serious ended up in a hospital. long time ago, 10 years. I am still working at it but with the proper meds and therapy I am doing very well and fell very positive that anyone who really wants to with effort can stop having those thoughts of suicide. the things learned in therapy have been amazing insights into my own mental secrets

brandy
Rating
No

margaret moon
Rating
No, but I had a friend and nephew that did,both attempted suicide and seemed like they had everything going for them,when things got bad again they finally seceded,both are different people from different places.No one knows,when they do something like that how much they hurt the ones that love them.

marywk54
Hey, kiko, yes I've attempted suicide before and yes I got help. If you really apply yourself to getting better, take your medication and do what your doctor tells you to then getting well can come for some quicker than others but you can feel better and you may be able to find true happiness. Am I glad I didn't go through with it.....yeah, because if I had succeeded then I wouldn't be here to share a little hope with you....Suicide is not the answer !

SNAKEDOG
No. I never gave it any thought. I know you were asking If someone tried and I could not possibly think about self murder. Because that what that is. I have to much going for me. An Excellent Navy career, a wonderful loving caring husband who loves to cuddle. We are expecting triplets in November! Even though David is blind from a jet accident I could never bail out because my life may not go the way I wanted it to. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and NEVER gave it thought to end it all. I have a husband who keeps me level headed!

yoda the twentysecond
Rating
It is rarely a good idea.

sidestepper11
No.
If I attempted suicide i couldn't answer your question!
A person who wants to commit suicide and is saved by some quirk of fate, maybe someone walking in just after they took the bottle of pill, OK that's an attempt that failed.

If that person went up on a high building and jumped as soon as they got to the top, no one could have saved them.
When they get to the top they linger there and start shouting I am going to jump, that person is only inviting another person to come and save him/her.
Surviving Attempted suicide means the person didn't want to die so chickened out at the last moment because they didn't really want to die.

You could call that a cry for help if you please.

ALI J
I have had pills in my mouth, but changed my mind. I'm glad I did. I figured out the depression really clouds reality. After treatment I found out that everything that I was thinking was wrong. If you're thinking clearly, suicide will not be an acceptable solution. I still think about it, but I know that I'm sick and cannot trust my thoughts. Get help - even if it doesn't eliminate the depression, it will help you deal with it better.

Susie
Rating
I tried. It didn't work...I'm glad.

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder recently and am now on Lamictal

cshell442003
Just think about it alot guess I'm too chicken!

lemmy t
Yes I did. I got help straight away but was already recieving treatment for depression. Its different for everyone, but it took about 3 years, when they finally were able to diagnose me, im bipolar/manic (high and low) and very very sick, am so so so so so happy it didnt work, i feel like it was a different person that it happened to cause i am so different now, still have my down times but no where near as bad as they were. I took medication for a few years and had to electric shock treatment at the begining but it was all worth it.....good luck and dont do it

SaRAh
Rating
No. And it's not Cool.

HJG
Rating
Someone who wants to suicide doesn't fail.
If have attempted then you are crying out for help.
The best thing is to get it. See your doctor. He can guide you.

Rei
Rating
I was extremely depressed, only but a year ago. I rarely went outside because of how bad I felt on the inside. It felt as if the walls around me were squeezing, and spikes were protruding out.

I attempted to take my life three times, however someone either intervened, or I had second thoughts about life.

A day doesn't pass when I don't look back, and can't help but smile, because if I had gone through with my plans, I would have never experienced everything I have. I wouldn't have changed others lives with my presence.

My mother also suffered from depression in her late twenties, and she also attempted everything I did.

Most depression medications don't help, and can increase these thoughts. It took me about a year to become "regular" and I still have boughts of depression now and then.

As long as you keep looking towards the future, and attempt to feel better, you can overcome it.

mary
Yes, I have. it was a very long time ago. I don't get help, but I remember that help was offered when I was at the hospital. It was the stupidest thing i ever did. I regret it, and I 'm very glad I'm here today. It took me a while to get over what I did to myself. I was in shock that I actually attempted it. I look at my family and friends and think what it would have done to them. I got suicide out of my mind completely when a very close friend of my killed her self. I saw what it did to her family, and I would never want any one to go through that. Any problem you think you have, remember that there are people out there that are sick and dieing that would kill to have a healthy like. I hope this answers your question.

Chris
-I was close.
-People tried, but there really wasn't anything to help with.
- I think it took me 7 years (I'm guessing I started when I was 8 and didn't really get better until I was 15)
-I am happy I didn't go through with it.

I had a depressingly perfect childhood, I don't know, but I had real problems and I'm still working through them (I'm now onto fixing old insecurity rather than the tendencies) but I'm really happy because I got a lot of those problems over with- I delt with them when I was in a good secure place. I think it was a gift, all that misery, I'm really glad I had it. (because knowing me- I could have waited until I was 25, getting married then have a total breakdown and destroy my life.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy