Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if ...

I have a stalker.. any tactics to scare em off?
there on this site by the ...

What should i do? how do i tell them?
recently i've been feeling very confused lately, feeling really low, all these weird things are happening, like i'll be standing up or something then suddenly i'll go into a dream like ...

Isn't it a disappointment to have a BA degree, ONLY to find out you can't use it & get a decent job?
Due to your mental disability? I feel like I wasted time & money. Now, I'm too mentally disabled to work. My mental illnesses are disabling, & I had a low undergrad GPA in Spanish-2.3, ...

Is it normal ???
i hate being in groups. i hate hanging in groups of over 5 (including myself). thats why i dont have very many friends. once my teacher left the classroom and all hell broke loose. there were kids ...

Do you think your wierd??

What things can trigger you to go into rage?

How can i stop feeling depressed....?
Ive been feeling depressed for a long time and its no fun.. how can i break away from it.......

Is it possible to beat clinical depression without anti-depressants?
If so tell me how. I've felt like sh1te for days and have all the same symptoms as when I have had it before like crying nearly all the time. But I don't want to go back to the docs and end ...

Is wanting to jump off a bridge a sign of depression?

Why do i do drugs?
i have done drugs, more than a few times actually. i feel really good when i am doing them, but guilty after. should i keep doing them and live with the guilt or should i give up my happiness?...

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

I'm plain and kind of ugly. Can I actually have boyfriends?
http://i225.photobucket. I just sat and cried for hours because it hits me how unattractive I am to men--both attractive and otherwise.
I'm ...

How do you cure loneliness? Any ideas, all are welcome.?
I was just looking for ideas on how to cure loneliness, when all I do is work all the time....

OMG , Plz help me with this for gods sake ?? I am ruining myself?
I am a college student , age :18 , male , & a gay ; I have fell in crush with my professor ( He is around 26 ); But he is now moving to other state permanently & he may never meet us again ; I...

A vampire in the family?
our niece just spilled the beans to a cousin that she's a vampire. sneaks out at night to feed. has headaches from the voice in her head, that talks to her for hours at a time. got it from a ...

How can you tell if someone is addicted or using cocaine?
i have a feeling my bf is using it and im not sure i dont know how to tell. plz help
Additional Details
also i dont want to let him know that i think hes using it because ive heard that ...

Zardoz
Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I have been a little more at ease. My shyness and anxiety usually runs at a very high level.

kingkongz
what is the question?

eric b
Rating
you know what...NO, NO, NO!!! dude r u serious. GTA is based on the life of a gangster/killer/drugs. this is why they want to stop making these games. GO make a friend or girl friend and get your self esteem back up.

Thomas N
yes that way you can learn to shoot people without feeling bad

m'kay
No but it can help someone become a murder, thief, or get with drugs......

xxdeadheadxx
Your just a weak minded person who lets video games be the controller of your life. Video games have nothing to do with your personality. I'm not walking around pretending to be Master Chief(Halo).

dxfan45
What the ****? How can video games affect emotions? Read what your typing dude.

Ed T
Rating
Definitley not man. GTA is pure entertainment meant for MATURE players who already have the ability to function PROPERLY in society without being biased by violent video games. If you are underage and want GTA to affect your life style, then that is a bad decision. GTA is just a game and it is no the real deal. In fact people say GTA 4 is SOOOO realistic, when in fact I have noted, the cops don't chase you for even running a red light. As for making you less shy, get on a chat room and make some friends, join community service, personality development classes, GET OUT THERE!

Marie
Rating
No, unless you're playing them with other people. Join a group, take a walk, read a book in the library or bookstore. Get off the computer. Find a hobby. Discover nature. Love yourself.

iTim
Rating
no. it is all in ur head.

ograynoldaz
Rating
Lol sounds like the details of your question started off by making a folk song.....

And no, talking to people and getting more involved in social situations will help you become less shy. Getting involved and getting used to being around with people not video games...

kiskipuich
just go out
chat with someone IN PERSON!

sk8ordie805
Rating
if your on xboxlive hitme up will play sometime just send me an email to confirm it

Chasecanhelp
it depends what you mean, i guess it could provide open ground for you to discuss GTA with someone else.

as in confidence way.
no please i strongly discourage you trying to steal cars to make friends :]
okay maybe you feel that you confidence is boosted with the power your get in GTA?

more info please

latin_runner963
it makes u feel like you can do anything i've played it b4, but if your shy to talk to ppl do what i do just think tho your self "i've never seen this person and they dont know me (time to make an impression)and if i make a fool of myself i'll never see them ever again" that works for me (: but it doesnt work at school ):

shiggenblugg
Video games can give the player a sense of accomplishment, but they isolate you from the real world and other people. To deal with your shyness, you really need to get out there and interact with other humans. Therapy or a self help book may also help. Good luck.

arnymate
GET OUT THERE, ENJOY YOURSELF!, Have a good time with mates

Grey
I'm sorry you got so many bad answers. It seems like people have no life, but to look for opportunities to insult other people on the internet.
I have an actual answer. I do believe that video games and movies can help you overcome shyness. It sounds funny, but they have actually helped me with my shyness problem. When I'm in a situation where I feel really shy, I think of a really cool character and try to picture myself as them, and think "what would they do in a situation like this"? How can I be more cool like them?
This has been successful for me. I have drawn my inspiration from Tyler Durden, from Fight Club, and how he is so laid back and always applies his knowledge in tricky situations. Granted, I don't blow up builings, but this has greatly helped me to overcome shyness, and has helped me to fit in a lot better.
Hope this answer helps.

kiwee@y7mail.com
Rating
No, it won't. But you could do multi-player and at least start an online convo with another player.

Suggest you get out more. Practise smiling at people you pass in the street or in the mall, supermarket. Even if it's only one to start with, then the next day two.. and so on. You are not trying to engage a full-on conversation with them - just encourage yourself to speak up and say hi, or hello. or nice day... to make contact. That's all. For starters. You do not need to marry them off, ask for a date or anything else other than make an initial point of contact.

If that is too much, then remember your manners and use them instead. So when you are served at Maccas by the chick with the nice smile, TELL her as you go - nice smile.

It's not that hard to do. Confidence is learned. It's not something you are born with, despite appearances to the contrary.

Remember, GTA is fantasyland, NOT reality.

Jey C
tht 'anxiety' is probably adrenaline before a climatic point in ur game. and no it wont help. it will desensitize u to violence making it easier to point and click. try online multiplayer games where u socialize like sports games (madden, nba,etc). ur speaking skills will improve and ull be able to lose shyness. and say what u feel like. and u might want to start talking to urself in the mirror if you dont have a mic. hold a conversation with a sibling or family member. not hard

♥ Queenie ♥ crushed just crushed
I don't know, but one headlight sure was/is a great song! I love his dad's music too!

It never ceases to amaze me of what @ssclowns people can be! I just blocked 75% of the answerers on this question.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy