Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why would anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence use Crystal Meth.?
Knowing what we know about this drug. About how addictive it is; how unstable it is and just how dangerous it is; why would anyone with any amount of intelligence even try it.

Is it ...

Can people please say something to me, distract me...?
i've got a lot on my mind atm, i'm stressed, worried, and i really feel the need to cut myself right now, but i'm desperately trying not to. i haven't cut for weeks, so i'm ...

Is George Bush clinically insane?
He certainly has been acting very strange....

My life is so lovely that I might as well shoot myself...?
Does anybody know from a counsellor who doesn't charge because I can't pay
Additional Details
I'm not looking for attention, I am just genuinely messed up and really want ...

I need help!! should i go to the hospital right now?
I dont knwo what to do!! Im 21 years old.. ifeel like i am losing my mind.. i am like twitching, im not thinking straight, i feell like i am going to like lose control.. i am so irratable and ...

Tips to sleep at night and calm down.?
Can anybody give me any tips on how to sleep better at night. Everytime for the past few nights I have been crying everytime I try to sleep. I am waking up when I hear my dad get up worring if ...

I have a stalker.. any tactics to scare em off?
there on this site by the ...

What should i do? how do i tell them?
recently i've been feeling very confused lately, feeling really low, all these weird things are happening, like i'll be standing up or something then suddenly i'll go into a dream like ...

Isn't it a disappointment to have a BA degree, ONLY to find out you can't use it & get a decent job?
Due to your mental disability? I feel like I wasted time & money. Now, I'm too mentally disabled to work. My mental illnesses are disabling, & I had a low undergrad GPA in Spanish-2.3, ...

Is it normal ???
i hate being in groups. i hate hanging in groups of over 5 (including myself). thats why i dont have very many friends. once my teacher left the classroom and all hell broke loose. there were kids ...

Do you think your wierd??

What things can trigger you to go into rage?

How can i stop feeling depressed....?
Ive been feeling depressed for a long time and its no fun.. how can i break away from it.......

Is it possible to beat clinical depression without anti-depressants?
If so tell me how. I've felt like sh1te for days and have all the same symptoms as when I have had it before like crying nearly all the time. But I don't want to go back to the docs and end ...

Is wanting to jump off a bridge a sign of depression?

Why do i do drugs?
i have done drugs, more than a few times actually. i feel really good when i am doing them, but guilty after. should i keep doing them and live with the guilt or should i give up my happiness?...

Please interpret this Dream?
In my dream, I was reorganizing and cleaning. But It wasn't my real apartment,it was bigger. In the dream I lived there. There were alot of old-fashioned white wooden drawers. There was white ...

What do you do to get rid of your daily stress after work? How do you spend your time till you sleep?

Am i depressed or just weak minded?
hi. im 22 years old and have never had a gf,and never really even had a girl interested in me that i have liked. it seems i always fall straight into the friend wagon, never the boyfriend. this has ...

Whats the best way to destress and chill out and get realy realy relaxed?

fromatoms2adam
If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

mousetrap159
don't do it man! lol

talon
Rating
No, they don't, they are just there to help you, not get the police involved. If there is a lot of indication that either you or someone else will get hurt, then it may happen, but generally that's only when someone is actually making death threats on the phone. ("I'm about to jump off the roof of Farmer Joe's Country Cafe!")

♥♫§weetTart§amantha♫♥
Rating
no they only do if you pose as a severe threat to yourself or others and sometimes you dont even have to give your name long as you promise not to act on your thoughts any ways if you feel suicidal you need to take a deeper look at yourself and maybe get some outpatient help.....good luck to you and i hope you feel better

jen kutcher
instead call a tharipist
they will help with ur probs
r u mad?
controll ur feelings!

Anna Costner
no they are there to keep your from not being dumb

womanpoet
not all the time but they sometimes

nogalesnick
Rating
No, they will evaluate the situation and if they feel it necessary they will trace the call and sent the appropriate help. Suicide is not the answer. You may feel like it's the ONLY WAY OUT but that is TOTALLY WRONG! You are only hurting the people who love and care about you. Call and talk with someone, A school counselor, priest, a friend, Dr. there are people who care about you and want to help!

roflyounotfunny
Rating
I never called it, but I don't think so. They'll try to negotiate with you and then if they can't get you to calm down, they'll call the police to give them a warning to stand-by. Just don't do it, if you're thinking of prank calling them.

emo elmo
Rating
no btu if you need help please get it i try my hardest to help people who are trying sucide please dotn eb another of those victoms i dotn wanan fail if you need help pelase see soem 1and take my advice things will get beter please rember all the good tiems or do something that makes you happy liek a hobby

�ン�ラ
no

stacy
Rating
No but sometimes they put you on hold for a while.

penny lane
Rating
No they don't

Chelsea
Rating
No they don't. It is completely annoymous.

ESweetPea
Rating
No. I went through training and briefly worked at a crisis hotline (as a volunteer, so I don't know about the vacation bit.)

We would talk to the caller, assess if the caller wanted to talk to somebody in a more supervisory position (we had professionals on call, like psychologists or ministers, whom we could contact for people who needed further help) and we'd call the police or other groups if the callers requested it. But we'd only do that if we talked it through and the caller provided us the information to call authorities, like name, number, and address.

We had no caller ID and I don't know that most places do.

Now, when I personally called a suicide hotline, I talked to somebody for a while, and she set me up with a crisis counselor in the area for some free sessions (insurance issues--didn't have money to pay for sessions on my own.) As far as I know, she didn't have my number or anything--she made me an appointment, and I showed up and then they took my contact information at the office but that's what would happen at any kind of appointment.

It's frustrating, really, that you can't always track down callers you might be worried about. But you also don't want to invade their privacy, because you don't want to lose them because you're being too intrusive about a very personal issue. So you talk to them for a while, hope that you've made them feel better for the time you talk, and hope for the best. It can make a difference.

But if the hotline had called the cops on me, I'd have said it was some kind of prank and I would have left by the back door. If these people wanted to call the police, they could have dialed "911" just fine themselves. Obviously, they don't want police involvement!

Sarah, PhD
Rating
No- absolutely not. They will talk to you and if you choose to give them your name and address, they will call the police in an emergency for you. They will not trace the call and send police. It is confidential and they are just there to help. Please call if you are having thoughts of hurting yourself.

Urban Informer
No they do not but if you are thinking about it please seek some help. Best of wishes to you.

surfer_grl_ca
No. They are instructed to call the police when they believe someone is in grave danger but the majority of calls they recieve are people wanting attention. If your number is unlisted or blocked they won;t take the time to have it traced. They do however recieve a 4 day vacation if you call and commit suicide on the phone with them.

Calina
Not automatically. Only if they feel you are others are in danger.

oh sugar!
Rating
No because anything you say to them is confidential. Imagine if they called the police every time someone rang the hot-line. No-one would call it & the hot-line would be shut down. It's common sense.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy