Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How can i get ready for someone's sudden death?

What's the name of this disorder?
when someone makes so many plans, but never gets anything done....

Is it bad if you have an addiction to masterbating?
like i usually do it 1 time a day and its always at night when my parents are sleeping. Because they dont know yet and it would feel unconfortable if they knew. well like i sit at my computer and its ...

I am really unhappy what should I do???
I am 33 jobless on disability pension freindless and oh so lonely any suggestions?...

Is it normal for one of your goals in life to be to become a s.l.ut? im being serious. What do you think?im 17

Additional Details
i don't care if i get diseases and stuff or get pregnant or anything. i just want to know what you think....

I need a hug.?
I been very down lately. I need a boost of happiness. I am getting my hair done. I am loosing a few pounds. I find my self so miserable. Help!! :( I am angry everyday of my life. I did seek help, but ...

How to stop an abuser?

I am the youngest in my family?
Is that why I'm

spoiled (brat)?
selfish?...

I want to be normal?
i m 26 year old i m haveing panick attack last summer but now i get medicine what is help me whit that and my high pulse to but sometime i feel like so alone and to tell u io dont want kill my self i ...

If you call a suicide hotline, do they automatically call the police?

What if when you sleep and piss and you dont feel it but it happens almost every night?

Mother in law is psycho and stalking me plus hurting my daughters mentally?
My MIL is saying mean and hurtful things to my daughters. My oldest (10.5) has talked about suicide because her nanna doesn't love her. My MIL is constantly saying mean and hurtful things to ...

I need help? i cant cope with the pain?
Im on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of my x bf, he was madly in love with me and then the next wanted me out of his life. He was my world i loved him dearly and still do, over the past 8 ...

Have you ever attempted suicide?
If you have, did you get help? How long does it take to get better? And are you happy you didn't go through with it?
Looking for serious answers please....

Can video games (like GTA) help someone become less shy?
I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
Additional Details
I know GTA is *not* real, but since I playing I ...

I'm just curious to know how old are the people who hang around in this section?
I am 25....

Help me..? im hurting so bad inside i just want to kill my slef?
ok this is hard for me i dont know what to say to explain how i feel except that im 20 years old and i havent ever been in trouble before and i live at home im not currently employed cause i just got ...

Can anyone tell me why do people ask stupid question's?

How long can you go without sleep before you start going crazy?

I'm turning 39 in 10 minutes. Is life pretty much over after the 30's?
I'm really becoming aged. I have one year of my 30's left. I'm looking for answers from old people (40+) about how to handle leaving my 30's and entering old age. If you are under ...

CB
I am so depressed can anyone help?
I have suffered depression all my life and now at 32yrs I feel I jus can't cope anymore. I have no confidence left, continually anxious and so confused. I have never liked conflict and I let people walk all over me including my wife and parents. I can't work out why people do this and it makes me feel so alone. I am on anti-depressants and seeing a counsellor but none of this seems to help. I was 5 mins late for my counsellors appointment the other day and she got reception to tell me that because I was late she wouldn't be able to see me, even though every other appointment she has been 10-15mins late. Why are people like this? Why can everyone not be happy and look out for one another?

I want to make a friend whom I can e-mail and who might offer some sort of friendly advice. How do I contact someone? I have e-mailed the samaritans numerours times but they are only there to listen. I really need to contact someone.

Batman
Get religion...talk to someone who has a strong belief in God and be influenced by them. You will soon realize what you have been missing....GOD.

Perdita Durango
your councillor sounds very unprofessional

Its very hard to pick yourself up from feeling like this , I know.
We live in a selfish world where people rarely look out for each other, there are people out there though as you will find.

I hope you find the happiness you deserve. You sound like a thoughtful sensitive person.

:-)

SweetyPie
Rating
I'm thinking get a new shrink, if your shrink is doing this then you're just wasting your money on her. It might take a while to find a shrink you'll like.... but your shrink should be there to listen, give advice and build up your self confidence, if she is not doing that, then get a new one because she's milking you for money. Unfortunately, life is cruel and so are people, but you get nice people (I know hard to believe)... but you see, your problem is people see you're easily manipulated so they take advantage of it... you have to build up your self confidence and show people you're not someone they can boss around as they please. You are a human being with feelings just like everyone else (though sometimes I doubt some people have feelings). Some things that might help is start looking at good qualities in yourself and concentrating more on that than the bad ones... also the good things in life than the bad ones. You've probably heard that millions of times but it works. When they broke into our house I nearly lost my life, my mom, my dad and my sister, but looking at the bright side made everything so much easier and it saved me from going into another depression... so that's basically all advice I can give...

sparthens
it's just the way people are we get mixed up in every day life and forget to see the blessings we only see bad things never good we skip the great thing

Megan
I think maybe the reason your counselor had to cancel only because you were 5min late could be because she was booked with other appointments or something had came up. Either way, I still think it was slightly inconsiderate of your counselor to do that.

I would find another counselor anyway. It's obvious that your current one isn't doing his/her job and trying to help you out more. Maybe they should up the dosage on your anti-depressants or find some other medication that would better suit you.

As far as standing up for yourself, I have the same problem mostly.

I've suffered from depression since I was 15, and am 21 now. When taking my anti-depressants I would feel worse than I did before I ever started taking them. I've been on plenty of anti-depressants, different dosages, and still had no positive outcome. I'm currently not taking anti-depressants and am doing okay in my life emotionally.

You can email me! evanandmegan@sbcglobal.net . Feel free to email me anytime with any problem and I'll try to help the best way that I can. Take care and keep your chin up!

Rob P
you can email me through Yahoo, I dont mind at all . I have had problems as well, but managed to come through.
I cant promise that I can answer straight away, but will certainly do so when I log in later.
I may not give you the answer you want but i will give you the honest answer. Sort of HARSH BUT TRUE type.

As for now...
% minutes late is as good as not turning up, try to be early nesxt time. For your counsellor she has a time limit on what she does with you (sad but true) and she cant 'afford' to waste it waiting for a no-show person and will get on with what she needs to do.
I was on anti-d's as well for a while, keep on them with your G.P's advice - can be dangerous to stop em without supervision! I know that from experience.

So, E mail me if you wish and you will get some advice/chat if you like.

What do you have to lose?

RedCindyRose
Rating
Good start. By posting this question you are one step forward. Perhaps this is a good place to gain friends. Your wife should be the closest person you can talk too. Most of all the one who will listen and understand what you are going through. You can't even open up to your family too? Very sad in deed. You must have friend at least. Everybody got friend. One or two friends are enough to keep you alive and going, aside from family of course. Honestly, i don't believe in counselling. I understand their expertise maybe a couple of session are fine but i rather talk to a friend. Ordinary people will understand and help you better.

Angel" * "g♥
Rating
Reactive Depression: This is an extension of the normal upset feeling following an unhappy event in a person's life, such as the death of a close relative or friend, marriage break-up or loss employment. Typically a sufferer will feel low, anxious and often will be angry or irritable. For some people reactive depression can follow even minor set-backs, as the individuals personality leaves them particularly vulnerable to disappointments.

• Unipolar or Endogenous Depression: While this is primarily a biological or inherited condition, disappointment will often provoke its onset. The typical symptoms are those outlined in the Festival list of symptoms, where there is extreme tiredness, slowed thinking, impaired concentration, waking during the night and tending to feel worse in the early morning.

• Bipolar Disorder or Manic Depressive Illness: The symptoms of the depressed phase of bipolar disorder are identical to those of unipolar depression, but, in addition, there are also episodes of elation or mania with which the depression alternates. Although elation is usually considered a pleasurable experience, it often has a devastating effect on a person's life. YOU CAN EMAIL ME ENY TIME

Keisha♥lane
Have you considered medication to help with the anxiety? I'm not sure why people are like this but trust me you are not alone. You can't control how other people behave, only how you are yourself, so continue to be a kind person in the long run you will be glad you did. There is a difference between being aggressive and 'assertive', so maybe start practicing being 'assertive' in what you want and how you wish to be treated. Also maybe you could try volunteering somewhere as it is known to be a great cure for depression and also a good way to meet kind, like-minded people. Good luck and all the best.

Rating
I have been using an alternative therapy called Emotional Freedom Technique for anxiety and depression which has helped me a lot. I only have mild anxiety and depression now. It has really worked for me and I have been feeling a lot better since using EFT. It's very good at getting rid of all kinds of negative emotions and dealing with all kinds of issues quickly. It does sound crazy but does work. Might be something that can help you. If you type Depression in the search engine of emofree.com you should find some articles about EFT helping who people who have Depression. I have a friend who is a therapist, he might be able to help you. He helped me online using EFT with my problems. Send a message if you would like me to contact him. Also EFT helped this bloke on YA with his agoraphobia. These are the links. You can send me a message if you like.

liketoplay420
Rating
i understand the alone feeling more than i can tell you, and i too feel like i need a bouncing board for my ideas and to share stories with someone. i would love to chat with you sometime. i'm liketoplay420 on yahu instant messanger or email.

skapunkspud
Rating
hey, sorry to hear you're feeling low.
I suffered a bit of depression as a young teenager, but I got past it and thought i was ok. Over the last month or so it seems to have come back. I feel terrible. I struggle to get out of bed, I hate leaving my room and talking to people, im avoiding my family, flatmates, friends and even my boyfriend. I constantly feel sick and nervous, my self confidence has hit rock bottom, i keep crying for no reason and i hate everything about myself.
I have an appointment with the doctor next week, so hopefully i'll get this sorted. hope you feel better.....feel free to email me (skapunkspud@yahoo.co.uk)

erm
Rating
Have you been to your local MIND office?

Depression Alliance?

Why don't you become a Samaritan volunteer yourself, build your confidence?

crazybitch
Rating
I have had similar experiences. Do not hurt yourself. If you are thinking about it, just think of your family and others who love you and how much they would suffer if something happened to you. It is easy to think of ourselves in times like this, but you have to think of others. Stand up to yourself. You would be suprised at how good it feels. I stood up to my mother and don't let my husband walk on me. You have to. It's your life and your sanity at stake here.

billparkhurst
My first suggestion to you is to get outdoors and start exercising in whatever way you find most enjoyable. Do this on a regular basis and depression will disappear. Councilors are in the business of making money and selling pills. You don't need any of that. Make sure your diet is in good shape too. Stay away from too much sugar and red meat. Find a hobby.

la buena bruja
Rating
First, you need to find another counselor. I agree with you -- she should have been more understanding. I would suggest a support group. These are other people who want the same things that you do, so you're not likely to feel let down. Depression IS treatable. Please do not give up hope. It does get better. Two years ago, my life was in shambles. Today, I am happy. It may take time, but you'll get there. God bless you.

Borogrove
I have suffered depression and know how it feels. I cannot offer an easy answer, as any change needs to come from inside yourself, but the will to change has to be there first.

My feeling when I was depressed was very self-centred. I felt depressed and miserable, as though I was in a hole with muddy sides and they were too slippery to scale myself - I needed someone to help pull me out.

I became more aware as time went on that my depression was keeping me in this place but felt powerless to change anything. It ultimately led to the collapse of my marriage, but probably as a catalyst rather than a cause.

In my case, overcoming depression was a resolution to remain positive. In the case of your counsellor, I would resolve to be there on time the next time and ask why it is ok for her to be late but not for you to be late. Push the point and ask whether that is a good way to build the trust that needs to exist between a counsellor and client. Explain how bad her actions made you feel and how counterproductive they were to the help she is supposed to be giving.

If that results in a negative reaction on her part, it will show you that just because she is a counsellor does not mean she is perfect. The rest of the world is like that, not perfect, and sometimes we have to accept that and live with it.

What separates the world is those who are not perfect and grow from that experience and become better by learning from it and those who are not perfect and remain where they are by not learning from a negative experience.

You may be mentally putting yourself in the second category. If you change direction and put yourself in the first category and resolve to learn from depressing experiences by looking for positive ways to improve them, your viewpoint will gradually change.

There are no quick and easy solutions, but by setting yourself small, achievable goals, you can help overcome the obstacles. The top of a mountain may seem a long way off and unreachable from below, but by taking the first small step, it becomes closer.

Each step after that brings it even closer and before you know it, you have reached the top, with some breathtaking views on the way. When you reach the summit, you may realise that the summit was not the objective - the journey there is really what the experience was about.

If you want to email me, hourhousetoo 'at' yahoo.co.uk will reach me and hopefully avoid the spammers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy