Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Suicide - Right or wrong..brave or Coward?
Been contemplating it since i was 8 years old,i used to self harm all the time from mild cutting to trying to hang my self etc.I'm not nuts (I don't think)?Why do i feel like this every ...

If an artist can no longer create art...are they still an artist?
After a brief career surge, I have become unable to create my art. I suffer from debilitating refractory major depression and can no longer compose music. I feel like part of me is missing. Am I ...

Is this depression?
i have been working and going to school i have a great job and my classes have been going fine. but recently i just haven't seem to have been caring much. bad things seem to happen to me all the ...

Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP...

Can money make you happy?. Is evrything about money?

Suicidal mom?
i came home and found something d isturbing i know she wants to die it sux so bad for all of us i wanna help her should i let her go like she says is best im scared and in trouble all the time and my ...

Are u scared to die?

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

What is wrong with my step-son?
What will become of this boy?
-has ADD
-is extremely violent towards other children- especially siblings and relatives(attacks people with objects and does try too hurt them badly)

Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body<...

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

psychologistnovelist
I really, really want to die?
nothing is right in my life. i have no family or friends. i have no money. i have been depressed for years. i was molested for almost a year when i was younger. how ironic is it that i have a degree in psychology but i cant help myself? typical, huh?
Additional Details
i just want to thank everyone. your answers were really helpful and uplifting. although, some were kindof harsh, but thank you for responding anyway

Nattie
Rating
You are obviousley a smart person and you help so many people. Please don't try anything stupid. I will be your friend!!

sparticle
Rating
I wish I knew what to say. Peace and blessings; do try to be gentle with yourself. As someone here said, death comes soon enough; your challenge right now is to live and do it with grace, dignity and whatever joy you can find. The world and its people are not perfect; this is nothing new, and even in a large, close group of family and friends, it is possible to be horribly lonely.

Try to seek outside yourself; as the old prayer goes, "grant that I may not seek so much to be understood as to understand, to be loved as to love." It sounds like with your degree you have a very good grasp of that concept; I hope you will get some professional help for yourself and find peace and even joy in life.

Don't give up. Many (including myself) have been through what you have and have gone on to lead useful and reasonably happy lives. Reach out to others and try to forget yourself; that may sound harsh but it's truly the only path to peace; at least the only one with which I've ever found any success.

Peace and blessings to you.

lisette
Rating
try to seek professional help!

Billy T
I know how you feel. you have been educated and know what your talking about.You can find friends and even have a family of your own.I feel really down alot.Finding a job will help you cope with the everyday world a little better.It will take time for all this to come together.You are already stepping in the right direction by letting us here your thoughts and giving us a chance to talk with you about it.Good luck and try to hang in there.I cant say it will get better but i sure hope it does.Thanks for letting me speak my mind towards your problem

TC
Now you know that this is your depression talking don't you. Check out this site: www.depressionet.com.au. There is a forum and it is a better place to discuss about your condition than in here where most people will have no clue what you are going through.

As you have the training you have you don't need me to tell you that you need to seek professional help right away.

F T
Rating
Call the national depression hotline at 1800-999-9999 to talk about your feelings before you do something.

can i be your pet?
that's funny about the degree!! i've been exactly where you are only my psychology qualification was an A level whose exam papers edexel lost ... anyway curiosity is what kept me from chucking it all in the end, and the practical decisioning of how i'd do it.

often the potential for better things is there it just takes a leap of faith or fortune 2find it.

set targets, consolidate things you like, decide things you don't like eg. perhaps being in the house, being alone, being bored & find ways to battle them e.g. getting a pet, staying outside (visiting places, going to the gym, meeting ppl & tiring yourself out so the only thing u do indoors is sleep? the tv is a false friend; watching it is nice in your situation but it could potentially sap away years of your life. aloneness is a false enemy; it means you know yourself, you have a blank slate to start with enjoy. feel, however hard it is, force yourself outside your comfort zone. its hard if you don't have 'loose ends' but its an advantage too because you get to choose some for yourself...
i dunno; you might need 2 move country & learn a different langugage, get a different job... spain, africa, australia, parts of europe, the czech are all good interesting things & places...
& y'answers of course cuz u get 2ppl like me who've been where u r & are surviving...

me
things will get better, you must always try and keep a sense of hope. visualize what you want in your life and it will be easier to obtain it. dont give up. this has happened to you for a reason and you need to spin it in to a positive. asses what is going wrong in your life and make changes! you can do it and you will feel accomplished. i would reccomend talking to someone ASAP to intervene. you may want to even go and check yourself in right now so that you dont make a mistake. you will be in my prayers.

seandebra17
Rating
I don't care who you are or what degree you have,everybody needs help from another sometime in there life.Being a psychologist you of all should know that.And i'm assuming you have sought some kind of help knowing how important it is to your mental health.
Also,if you want to improve your situation you need to bring your self esteem up,and you probably know that as well.
Do something to make yourself feel better about you.Join a gym,and work for that perfect body.Take some class at a local college,where you can meet new people and learn about something you've always wanted to learn about.Get a dog or cat or whatever floats your boat.Animals have an incredible way of healing people both mentally,and physically.
Once you start feeling better about yourself.Try something out of your comfort zone.Something you've always wanted to do,but never had the chance or the nerve.
And more importantly,look around and see all the beauty in the world.Stop and smell the roses,and enjoy whats around you.
And listen to your psychologist if you have one,just cause you have a degree in that field does not mean you know everything or that you don't need help from someone else.

Hope this helps ,good luck to you friend

sophie
Rating
there is an old saying that he who treats himself has a fool for a doctor and a fool for a patient. Go to a mental health professional and get some help. Get a different perspective. life is worth living, however you need to get some help to realize that. good luck

Garnet
Rating
Well, it happens to the best of us. My daughter is taking courses to be a phychologist, and she was molested at age 13 by a relative. She ended up with Post traumatic Syndrome, and is on medications. She so wants to work with others who hve been wounded and abused. Where are your past contacts? Go to a support group, or get your depression taken care of. I am praying for you, and hope you will come into the light soon. Please don't give up, I care. You must have been a caring person to want to go int the field you are in. Remember who you are, reach out, someone will be waiting. God bless you right now.....

Just me
Rating
I really feel for you out there, and you know that you have helped to hurt others by what you have seen done to them in life so you feel bad about it, that is good, so maybe now you can stop!

Stop and change directions and give hope, not force or coercion. Don't agree to participate in that any more, just say NO.

You know that it is the people in this feild that are ruining other peoples lives and that is why you feel helpless right now. Your integrity and need to care about and actually give care is more overwhelming to you then your need to drive that nice car and wear that big suit.

Did the help you get if you did get any help, help you? Obviously not, right? I don't know how long they will let you keep this post up on here, but this is serious.

I will not push you into talking about what might be wrong, like some people seem to think is the best thing to do. I will back off and let you make your own choice, what ever is best for you and if you are for real and you want to talk to someone you can always email me off this questions list if you want to.

Pushing people into talking about stuff like this can just make it so much worse, it can push them over the edge when they really might not go over in the first place if they are just left alone.

I am here if or when you need me, I am not here if you don't. Ultimately this will be up to you! Not me I can not be with you 24/7 for the rest of your life even if they do push drugs on you to try to stop you. These drugs just increase this stuff they do not decrease it, and they cause brain damage.

I will hope that you choose to make the right decissions, and I do trust you as a human being to do that. Guess that is all I hae to say for now.

I hope that I am not wrong? I am your friend if you want me to be even if you don't know who I am.

Sammie_SPN
Rating
you can always make your life better! You're smart, so put that to work. I'll be your friend! And I'll bet many others will want to be your friend, too! so, CHEER UP!!!

MELISSA D
Rating
You have me as a friend! I am here no matter what. Okay friend.... :)

Coxy
Rating
Get on the phone to a help line and talk it out with them, as you would know verbalizing it in a safe environment help you see things clearer.

Maggie
Rating
Suicidal tenencies are in all of us. Only the strong survive though. ha a patient telling a psychologist that now that is Ironic. Grab up an application to the white coat society (nuthouse) and take a little vacation. I worked for me. really. I felt the same way once I commited MYSELF and got the help that I needed I got out and am well sort of fine now. Just because you have a degree does not mean that you are not going to feel the way that you do. you could have gotten a law degree and still feel the same way.

Dandy
I know you probably dont want to hear this, but Jesus is waiting to be your friend. Really, he is. Just give Him a try, please?

RKO's Wifey<33
Rating
well your life will get better as u go along just because things have been wrong lately doesn't mean there never go in to get better god is with u and he always will be if u pray and be live. think about all the blessings u have i know there r some good things how about the people who care for u would u want them to be hurt if u die?

awscott1
Rating
I think you should find a psychologist to talk to - and not yourself.

You really can't help it if you have no family.

Why do you not have any freinds? Have you tried going to church? The Starbucks? Myspace?

You have no money, is it because you have no job? Working in the mental health field can be challenging, have you thought about going back to school and change careers?

I'm sorry that you were molested. I think you really should talk to a therapist about it. It is so apparent that it is taking a toll on you now.

Please keep us posted, there is someone out there who would really really really be upset if you weren't around. You just gotta find them!

God Bless.

mea
What happened to you is so terrible....and know should have to go through that.
And its clear that you need to get yourself some help as soon as possible.
I recommend you go down to your local Hospital straight away and tell them how your feeling because you need immediate attention.
Do not let suicidal thoughts take over your mind, Ive been there and I'm so happy i never went through with it because my life couldn't be happier these days!
get yourself help a.s.a.p
even a psychologist needs to reach every so often and they need help to.
please get some help immediately

Just me
Depression is a terrible disease. I'm sure if you were talking to one of your clients you would urge them to talk to someone. I'm urging you to do this. I'm sure with some help, you can see that all is not as bleak as you think it is. Please hang in there. One thing you may want to try is going to your doctor and going on anti-depressants then talking to someone.

Blessed be!

Ziva
Rating
Of course you can't help yourself!!! You're too close to the situation. Just as a doctor (MD) can't treat himself for any length of time, you need to choose a therapist/psychologist to help you on the road to a happy life. And, I do believe that a happy and fulfilled life is possible for you. Please don't give up -- try again!!!

►♦◄ bow
Rating
I don't really know you, but I'm sure that you don't want to die. Talk to a doctor, and if you can't the only thing I can say is go around and get yourself a good friend. You should also attempt to try and recreate friendships you had when you were younger. It is worth living to help people also. If you are a psychologist, then it is worth living becuase you make people's lives worth living every day.

With a degree in Psychology you make so many people realize that their lives are worth living, and now there are people to make sure you realize that same thing.

Remember that your life is worth living, and you can overcome all of these problems becuase I can tell that you are a smart person that will really make an impact on a lot of peoples lives, even if you don't realize it yet.

Good Luck

St N
Rating
Well, they say the cobbler's kids go unshod so you're probably right. As for dying, just wait a few decades and it will happen, no need to rush things.

Unless you are an orphan, you have family and just need to reconnect with them. Even an orphan probably has some friends from the home. How you reconnect depends on how you became separated. Call them up, or even better, just drop by and see what is new with them.

If you have no money then welcome to the club. Having too much would also depress you so try to get along with what you have. There is always an alternative way to enjoy the things you want. It may be necessary to reset or reschedule your goals.

I don't know what to say about depression, because the only time I thought I saw it in someone else it was cancer and now I am a widower. If you are depressed then you are the snakes belly in the wagon wheel rut. Just turn 90 degrees and follow the rut. Somewhere, that wagon wheel was on higher ground. Just keep on looking.

Can't say much about molestation either except that **** happens and people get away with it. Always has and probably always will. Accept that it happened, you were not at fault and somewhere along the line, the perpetrator will get it's much deserved come uppance. Notice the pronoun. I don't know the gender and it is usually reserved for inanimate and lower life forms.

Smile (put don't play the Charlie Chaplin song because it will make you sad). Picture a funeral with the casket being carried to the grave to the accompaniement of Bethoven's Turkish March from the Ruins of Athens. Go get the record from your local library and see what I mean.

Laugh and persevere. Good Luck

wolfmusic
Rating
If you have a degree is psychology, then you know better than anyone on here that you can't and shouldn't try to "treat" yourself. You need to sign yourself into a facility and get some help.

tysavage2001
Rating
That's like being a surgeon and think that you should be able to preform surgury on yourself. Give yourself a break. Call a suicide crisis line .. or check yourself in to an emergency room. It isn't suicide you want .. you feel trapped and need a way out. Things change. You are not trapped. Get help now. Good Luck to you ! :)

outlaw64
hey man I know where you're comeing from, dont give up it cant rain allthe time

Chrissy: The Angry Typer a/k/a Mood Mole
Not much of a question in here.

Everyone knows how they feel and believe what they want to. I am sure you have exhausted every outlet to get "better", but what I wonder is, are you counting on these missing family/friends/money, etc to make you happy? Or if not happy, to feel whole?

I know you are sad. I am very much like you except I have no degree, but years and years of torture. I treat every day like a drunk, "one day at a time"....every so often there are little surprises that make everything ok for just a little while.

If I knew you, I'd be your friend. We could be depressed together and drink or something. Just know that there are always others out there just like you (believe it or not) and that if you did die, the people that DO know you would be really really sad.

Good luck to you and maybe we'll meet someday and have a funny conversation.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy