Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If an artist can no longer create art...are they still an artist?
After a brief career surge, I have become unable to create my art. I suffer from debilitating refractory major depression and can no longer compose music. I feel like part of me is missing. Am I ...

Is this depression?
i have been working and going to school i have a great job and my classes have been going fine. but recently i just haven't seem to have been caring much. bad things seem to happen to me all the ...

Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP...

Can money make you happy?. Is evrything about money?

Suicidal mom?
i came home and found something d isturbing i know she wants to die it sux so bad for all of us i wanna help her should i let her go like she says is best im scared and in trouble all the time and my ...

Are u scared to die?

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

What is wrong with my step-son?
What will become of this boy?
-has ADD
-is extremely violent towards other children- especially siblings and relatives(attacks people with objects and does try too hurt them badly)

Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body<...

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

sharkjmg
How do you face depression?

Anita S
i agree with kaykay
go to the theripist LOL
♥

Nate R
Rating
listen to Air Suppley!

therippedguy
I recommend you wash your face, and go for a jog, if not do some exercises and just go to the mall and think things out

MCR♥;
think of the good things in your life
and focus on themm.

xXHolly PollyXx
The most productive way to assist a depressed person, is to help him or her get appropriate treatment. This may involve encouraging the individual to stay with treatment until the symptoms begin to abate (several weeks), or to seek different treatment if no improvement occurs. On occasion, it may require making an appointment and accompanying the depressed person to appointments with the psychologist. It may also mean monitoring whether the depressed person is taking medication, if prescribed.

The second most important way to help is to offer emotional support. This involves understanding, patience, affection, and encouragement. Engage the depressed person in conversation and listen carefully. Do not disparage feelings expressed, but point out realities and offer hope. Do not ignore remarks about suicide. Always report them to the depressed person's psychologist.

Invite the depressed person for walks, outings, to the movies, and other activities. Be gently insistent if your invitation is refused. Encourage participation in some activities that once gave pleasure, such as hobbies, sports, religious or cultural activities, but do not push the depressed person to undertake too much too soon. The depressed person needs diversion and company, but too many demands can increase feelings of failure.

Do not accuse the depressed person of faking illness or of laziness, or expect him or her "to snap out of it." Eventually, with treatment, most depressed people do get better. Keep that in mind, and keep reassuring the depressed person that, with time and help, he or she will feel better.

Irony♥Man
Rating
Listen to rock music on my mp3 player while jogging around the neighbourhood for an hour. At the same time, pretend that I am playing the drum in a rock concert.
Helps to put my mind towards positive things.

heidi9898
i take my happy pills

sweetielovebear1
One day at a time

egyptianchixx194
Rating
Depression.. hmm i hve suffered this alot and i am very young. Therapists dnt work. Pills wont work. You need to face it on your own. If you really don't wat to be depressed go out more. Nothing triggers depression more than moping around. GO OUT. have fun. Cry your yes out to sum1 you can trust b ut dnt keep ur emotions building up. Eventually u may find no point to life and cut urself or commit suicide but ITS NOT worth it. Theres always a better day and things ALWAYS turn around everoone has hardships....the weak dwell...the strong overcome be brave and go out nd live your life you only live once you know

Reg B
Rating
NO body should face depression either by them self's
Talking thinks out with a family member or a therapist...
Always go to a medical help...

Fabcute
Rating
A tale of the ups and downs of living with someone who is bipolar and the toll it can take on family and relationships.

xoxoxo
Rating
Take the first and hardest step see a psychiatrist or psychologist and they will help get to the bottom of things.

Aubreigh aka The Female T-Pain
Rating
Read a book. That's always good. I found a perfect book, 'K?

jurplesman
Rating
By understanding the physiological causes of depression. It is not a "mental" illness as it is a sign of general ill-health.

Jamiie! ^.^
write my thoughts down
talk about whats bothering me
think positive things
listen to happy music
go out and have a good time with friends

just do things that will make me happy and not think about them as much.

I say this and that
Rating
Meditate
Long Walks
Exercise
Sleep

Z4R4THU5TR4
Rating
meditation.

Kendra D
Rating
It really depends.
But i know if you are depressed...
you shouldent be looking for the answeres on the net...
you should be looking for the answers inside yourself.
Talk to a counsellor.
Do what u have to.

alex
I see my guidance counselor and therapist.
You might ask a psychiatrist for antidepressants. if it is weak, take herbal ones. they'll know what to do. good luck!

leahwhite37
Rating
all you have to do is get friends have fun in your life and get over what made you depressed.I was depressed only because I had to move and lose all my friends and change schools. But I got over it when I met new people and got better grades. And I had fun!

Kat
I just think of all the friends and family that I still have. I start to feel happy just knowing they're there.

rabidmoth
you need to stop feeling lonely. you need to stop feeling unworthy. and you need to be know you are worth something. God loved you so much that he sent his son to die just for you. He truly cared for you so much that he sent his one and only son to be put on a cross for you. He wants to have a relationship with you, and give you the hope to keep going. find a church, or another believer, and ask them.

Vampire Kitty
you should see a doctor....but if u are asking me personally..i do not handle it well.... i used to cut...i drink. which is bad. some people do drugs.....still not good. i don't think anti-depressants are good, but then again i haven't tried them. please get help, though. don't follow other people's examples.

T_Bone
Find fun things to do instead of letting it get to you. Then when you get home, you might want to think about the things. Write them down and that will get it off your chest which will make you feel better.

the dude.
Rating
well like you pretty much feel like crap and start thinking about suicide.

Allie
Rating
How do I face it, or are you asking how to face it in general?

Well, for one, I have cyclical depression. Mainly due to stress. It eventually goes away, but I have no control. When I get overwhelmed, I seem to mope around constantly and everything just... stays there like it's always been. Then, when I bottle up too many things at once I start crying like a 5 year old. So yeah, I just sit and wait.

If you're asking in general, I'd say that thinking of all the good things in life help. It sometimes helps me.

Karryn
Rating
focus on the good things in your life and maybe start going to counseling.

crazyy
Rating
go to a therapist.

Sunshine
Rating
Very courageously...

the_fire_dog
Keeping the mind occupied with something else .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy