Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is this depression?
i have been working and going to school i have a great job and my classes have been going fine. but recently i just haven't seem to have been caring much. bad things seem to happen to me all the ...

Is it wrong to cut youself?
my life is bad. I feel like its bad HELP...

Can money make you happy?. Is evrything about money?

Suicidal mom?
i came home and found something d isturbing i know she wants to die it sux so bad for all of us i wanna help her should i let her go like she says is best im scared and in trouble all the time and my ...

Are u scared to die?

Do I have a mental disorder?
My mind will not shut off, (thinking wise I mean). I am constantly worrying about everything. From weight, money, things I did wrong in my life, the future, relationships etc... My job does not make ...

What are some of you worst or "weirdest" fears?
or weird things that you do or don't so.
my fears are,heights, wierd tings that i do are, i try not to touch anything while im out in public, like leaving prints on things, i don't ...

Help! pleeeease answer...!?
okk so i posted a question about a week ago about my parents making fun of my weight and i told them repeatdly how i hate it and i even cry and they know that and last week i officially brought it up ...

What is wrong with my step-son?
What will become of this boy?
-has ADD
-is extremely violent towards other children- especially siblings and relatives(attacks people with objects and does try too hurt them badly)

Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body<...

Every day I scare myself sick about dieing?
Ive got this thing in my head where I keep thinking about dieing every day, I get really worked up and scared about it, I havent got anything wrong (hopefully) but it scares me stiff to think that ...

Fun/funny words?

Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me....

If a loved one was terminally ill and they asked you to help them die ;would you?
euthenasia is against the law but could you do it;think of it this way ,a moments fear or months or even years of suffering......could you ,would you do it?...

My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my ...

Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?...

If you would die tonite do you believe you would go to heaven?
The Bible says we must believe Jesus died on the cross for us' all we have to do is to ask Jesus in our heart. it's a free gift....

Why do so many things hate me?
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow?
Additional Details
Like myspace and my english teacher and the color yellow? ...

If you smoke too much weed does it affect your memory?

Has anyone here actually fully recovered from serious long term depression?
I've had depression for years and can't see any hope of a full ...

Jen
Im depressed....?
Im depressed about school. I just started thinking about it and started crying. Because my astronomy class is so hard and I dont think I can pass it theres 3 weeks left. And I failed ALL the test and quizzes so far. I don't think there is a way. I dont know what to do but cry. Any advice to make me stop crying?
Additional Details
im in college by the way

dillon_hudson_91
Rating
Exercise, sunlight, and talk to someone!

Kythrol
study

Anna B
Rating
Distract yourself. Take a nice hot bath and eat ice cream. That is guaranteed to make you feel at least a little better.

Miley is a CAT?!?!?!?!?
Rating
A tutor

Gabby22
Rating
You can always drop the course...most colleges allow a certain amoung to drops...

Gret37
Know that not everyone is good at every subject.
You are a Great person and failing a class doesnt make you a bad person.
Hugs! :0)
Find what you are good at.
Not sure if your in college or high school, if college, pick something else , if high school ask the teacher for extra help.

Molly G
Rating
If your astronomy class is TOO hard, then just forget about it, if there's absolutely no way to pass it. Just get a tutor next semester, if it's a required class.
Don't let a stupid class make you cry. It's just ONE class.

:)

Angela H
Rating
Any chance one of your classmates might help you study? Not exactly tutoring, just studying together. Or maybe your teacher could give you some study tips - just explain how stressed you are, and how much you really want to pass the class. Ask for help, hon, we all do at one time or another.

And about the crying - that's normal when you're under alot of stress. Go ahead, have a great cry. Then get determined, and do whatever it takes to pass that class. Go Get 'Em!!!

littlegirllost
Smile, and look at your self and smile!

Moorglademover
Go talk to a teacher, a trusted one.
They have had years of this. Its only nerves.

10:16pm
Rating
Every child is depressed about school.
I mean, school is depressing. We can't help but feel depressed when we think of school and passing.
Hold on, school will not takeover us! We are freee!!

FranciscoinSanFrancisco
Rating
No,you are not depressed. You realize now you didn't study for that class when it was necesary,but it's to late!
stand up! and face with bravery your own acts! you are not going to die for it!!!!

Chad N
Just dont worry about it your still in school which means your still young trust me there will be harder things to deal with in your life. There will be alot more things to deal with in your future that seem like its the end of the world but you know what things will get better all u can do is to do your best and if you do NOBODY can EVER tell you you didnt try maybe astronemy just isnt your thing no big deal.

jenny_1679
Dear, You need to have faith in yourself and believe. Stop crying, hit the books.This is what helped me pass exams, I read it, I wrote it and I spoke it out loud while having a positive attitude and telling myself I can do it. It worked, I passed all my exams with flying colors, I graduated and I have a great job so stop worrying, believe in yourself, stay positive and you can do anything you put your mind to. YOU CAN DO IT. Best Wishes.

MoD
Try getting a tutor and try asking the teacher for some extra credit. Also, if you're feeling stressed out then you should take a couple days to just do nothing and calm yourself down.

catduke3
dear, "this too shall pass", talk to your teacher, and ask for Help!!!!!!!!, thats all i know to tell you except that if worse case senario happens, so you fail, ya take it again next year, and soon as you do tell the teacher, HELP ME!!!!!!! there is nothing wrong in asking for help. and it is certainly not the end of the world if you fail a class. years from now you won't even think of it. No Worries!!!!!!!!
God bless ya.

my_magician
Rating
The world won't stop because you failed astronomy. Tomorrow is a new day. Astronomy won't define who you are but standing up after your fall will. Cry if you will, but remember the life lessons each day brings. Be not afraid, be strong.

Queendee
first of all take a deep breath, i promise its not the end of the world.

secondly stop (or don't) say you can't, every one struggles so you are not alone the best way to over come something is to believe in yourself.

thirdly determination is everything, without it you can't put all your effort into completing the task ahead.

I went to college 6 years after I dropped out of high school and it was hard i didn't remember how to study or do math and science but I had the determination to complete what I started. I graduate next month with my associates and am moving on to my undergrad. this will be the first thing since kindergarten I have graduated from so I know its possible. you just have to put your mind to it even though you don't think you got it your brain is an amazing thing and it heard the and teacher for the last 15 weeks its in there somewhere you just have to find it.

I'm sure that if you set your mind to it you will do fine

good luck and remember to breathe : )

tkquestion
Rating
Well.... Here are the facts based on what you said:

Your class is 80% over
You failed all of previous tests
You have only 1 test to go and you have no idea about the subject

Now, stop crying and think, what are the worst thing that can happen.... (you fail the class)

Now, think about if there is a way to recover from it and actually pass.... (no, you cannot)

Then.... think about how you can recover from this next time and how this particular failure will affect you for rest of your life. (study next time and NO, this one time failure will not affect you for rest of your life)

This is time to assess the situation, identify what lead to this problem, and plan for the future. This is NOT the time to try to do better in the time remaining and frustrate yourself to heck.

Just a reality check for you.

veg_hel
In the scheme of life, unless you want to study astronomy in the future I wouldn't really worry about it. It may seem important now though, so just do your best. Study as hard as you can for the time you have left. Do you have a study timetable?

I felt the same way about a college subject which I didn't really understand. I cried my eyes out over an assignment till a friend came over and went out for the night to forget about it. When I came back to it the next day I felt better and breezed through it thinking "I am doing the best I can". I can't remember if I passed or not (see, it really was not that important). But I went on to have a successful, profitable career anyway. Oh, also did I mention I never passed my main high school exam?

lilia
Is there a way you can get a retake. Talk to your teacher or professor. I was 29 when I did a course in medical office assistant. I had to learn medical term and it was very difficult.

I approach my teacher and told her that I couldn't do it and I studied. I asked for retakes, even though they wouldn't grade it out of 100%. Also aske him or her what study guides can help you.

If its not over, you still have hope. Don't give up yet and do the best you can. Also try to get together with someone who understands the question. In class ask questions even if it has to be repeated 100 time until you get it.

This is something my teacher sent me when I was feeling low to pass it on.

I hope it make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfsDIIMLS4

Deeje
I went through some tough times at school too. Just have the attitude that you WILL pass the class, and put your chin up. =)

I always look to the future when I'm depressed. I think to myself, "Man, in three weeks I'll have all this trash behind me" or something along those lines. It's really encouraging to know that no bad thing will last forever. Every morning is a new chance to rock it out and be happy!

Kalyansri
Think only about the times that you have passed and the things that have made you happy. Be grateful to God for all the good things in your life, and the depression will pass.

sad but cute
Rating
THE WORSE THAT CAN HAPPEN...

is for you to retake that class

#1: talk to your teacher. ask him or her to give you more worksheets. ask if its possible to get some extra credit, test takeovers, ect.
#2:study study study
#3: crying is never the answer! convinve yourself that you can do this. BECAUSE YOU CAN!
#4: TELL YOUR TEACHER that you are willing to do ANY extra assignments!

rxrawx
well. study
ask your teacher if you can
make up tests because some classes
let you make them up until you pass.
just breathe because ur brave to take a aclass so hard!
pat urself on the back and smile :] it will be alright !

weebean247
sameway with me n math last semester. i prayed, studied(harder), do all homework and do extra credit. at the end of the semester she also let me redo a test up to a 70. and if u do fail, u can remake the course sometime. PLEASE dont worry i did the same thing and learned not to worry at school because it just makes it worse.

GOOD LUCK!

Chris W.
go to the teacher after class and have him explain it to you
Teachers are happy when they see their students want to learn

dangitbangit
Talk to the teacher and ask him/her if there's anything you can do in order to pass.

Also, prove to him/her you CAN do it, because you CAN!

Good luck!

Sunshine
Please talk to your school guidance counselor.
Have faith in yourself,dear.You will work it all out!
Best wishes:-)

Eddo
Save all your past tests, quizes and notes. It will give you a leg up if you decide to take it over again. But don't be so hard on yoursellf. If you know deep down you did everthing you could to pass this class then there is always tomorrow. Go out with your friends and have a good time. Don't fret about it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy