Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If I lose 10-15 pounds, will it be noticeable?
Will I, as well as other people, be able to to see a difference if I were to lose 10-15 pounds? Even if it were just a slight difference?
I am 5"7 and 157 pounds....

Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are?
I'm 5'10" and i'm very ...

If i starve myself...?
will i lose muscle or fat first?
will cellulite go away?

dont tell me not to starve myself cos i never said i was, im just asking....

One of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 150 is she fat???
well, she just goes to my school, ummm, some ppl make fun of her, idon't really get it, she doesn't seem to be fat to me, is she fat to u??? =/...like ppl call her names sometimes, and i ...

Does your body use fat calories from areas of your body in relation to muscles needing the energy?

Am I fat?????????
I am 13, 92 lbs and around 5 foot, maybe 4 foot 11....

Am i fat???? please tell me the truth!!!?
i'm 14 yrs old and i'm 5'3 and i weigh 122 lbs. how much weight should i lose...i'm thinking like 10 pounds? please tell me the truth
Additional Details

I am starving myself to lose weight. How long will it take me to lose 15 pounds?

Any dieting tips,or foods that will help me lose weight?
Any suggestions and tips are welcome....

Do you think im fat (pic) ?
this me on holiday do i need to loose weight????

http://i285.photobucket.
http://i285.photobucket....

Am i a fatty?
okay i am a twlve year old girl with a six pack but i feel like a total fatty sometimes. is is possible to have a six pack and be fat??

okay well im 125 lbs and 5ft 7

i play ...

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

Fella
How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not just about losing weight, I love her how she is, but she wants to be healthier and set a better example to our daughter. Thanks.

bdat40oz
Rating
Sugar free chocolate is just as good but it is also a laxative whic hey helps you lose weight right. Although not healthy... Cut the Carbs and join in.

david419_1999
Rating
ask her what she wants. Be there when she needs to talk about a craving. workout/walk with her.

Don't eat poorly in front of her if you choose not to diet. It'll help cut back on temptations.

poohb2878
Definitely be supportive. It helps if both of you eat healthy. As for the chocolate - buy her some really good dark chocolate. Believe it or not, it is healthy for you (it contains a ton of antioxidants.) Eating one piece of really good chocolate should satisfy her cravings (at least much better than a Hershey's bar would!)

Asher Madan
Rating
I would recommend a strict regime and keep her onto it. Trust me, being healthy is better than anything else. If you help her through this...you'll be happy too. JUST STAY FOCUSED AND DONT INDULGE HER AT ALL. GET THIS OVER WITH AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

love
Oh your so sweet. Join with her she ll need you more then ever.

Britney
Try a cleansing diet! I did and lost 11 pounds and 21 inches in only 9 days. I was very happy with the results and continued on the program and lost 29 pounds in 5 weeks. This is the fastest I have ever lost with other diets like Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Medifast, Slimfast etc…. Cleansing works by removing toxins from your body. You get toxins from your food (pesticides, preservatives, food additives, colorings) water, chemicals, pollution, medications, alcohol, hormones that the animals you eat were fed etc….YUCK! The toxins get coated with fat and remain in your body. To remove the fat, you have to remove the toxins. This system worked for me, maybe it can work for you too. You can check out the website or call this toll free number 1-877-587-4647 for more info. The program is not cheap, but it is worth every penny since it works and keeps you motivated. Good luck! More cleansing info at http://thebestcleansingdiet.com

hopflower
Rating
You have the right idea. You cannot police anyone but encouragement means a lot. Every time she passes up something wonderful; praise her. And yes, it is okay to have a little something once a week. More people fail diets because they are too stringent, and the enjoyment of dining is gone. Certainly an occasional (I stress the word) treat is in order. Then, back to the diet!

elaeblue
Rating
I am pretty sure she doesnt want you to turn into the diet police. Its not you decision what she eats and what she doesnt. Just be there and go for walks and such but dont tell her what to eat unless you are a dietician. She will resent you for it. If she wants chocolate buy her a bag of M&M's and she can indulge herself with a handfull.

jcstrange1
diet with her. work out with her. it will give her motivation.

CRYSTAL S
Don't eat stuff in front of her that you know she has a weakness for....go on walks or jogs with her....when you take her out to eat take her somewhere that you know they have a dieter friendly menu...good luck to you both and happy new year!

tattyteddybears
Rating
please surport her coz im doing the same thing and trying to get my husband to do the excercise dvd with me. its fun doing things like that 2gether.

Jo_Diva
Join in, it will be easier for her if you are both doing it. If she asks for Chocolate etc, don't let her have it or tell her to make the decision herself. if she puts on weight as a result it will end up being all your fault because you didn't stop her!

jax14052004
Rating
give her little incentives by getting her a present that you know she'll love my boyfriend has me an engagement ring but wont give it to me until i am finally happy with myself cos i keep saying i'll be a fat bride. If i want to get married i'll do it and loads of wedding presents sounds better than a bar of chocolate anyday!!!

Smile
Yu can do it with her or help her set mini goals, like be xxx by xxx date and so on...maybe plan a small get away as an insentiv :)

Justin H
Rating
Best bet would be to join in with her. If you make it a group effort to eat healthier it will be much easier for both of you to realize and maintain your goals.

fixu
Just join in and help her

a_s_gray
Rating
I am in a similar situation with my fiancée. I have decided to take part at home but I guess it depends how severe it is.

It has to be all or nothing, jump on the positive decision to do it and help her as much as you can.

Set a goal, i.e. both having good bods for the summer at the beach :)

Baps .
don't eat junk food in front of her. Give her lots of encouragement. Offer to do some exercises with her. You could join in and help her and help her cook her meals, when she is feeling down tell her not to give up and say that she's been doing well.

It might be handy if you keep hidden a few treats and if she is feeling like going off the diet, say to her. You can have one buy only one of these as you are having an off day. I'm doing this so you don't ruin all the good work that you have been doing, now do you really want it. When I was on a diet, my other half tried this on me, and it really helped, so much so that I decided I didn't want the treat after all after all. Just support her and tell her that she is doing well

Nemo
Rating
Joining her would be great moral support!!!
discuss this with her, it could be fun cooking together and you wont have ot have seperate meals and stuff

Mia
join in! what better way to show full support than to hop on her wagon? And yes, a few chocolate pieces are OK...if she completely deprives herself, she'll give up and give in. Have fun!

Believe
Rating
First of all....WOW Congrats to you! Not many men will follow or support (especially weightloss) with woman. If you dont want to follow I think you are on the right track. Make sure you know what diet she is on and then follow that.

isabelaa
Rating
I really want to commend you on supporting your girlfriend. Losing weight can be difficult. I had a baby 3 months ago and it is time for me to get back into shapte as well. Like you, my husband is incredibly supportive and is joining me on the quest to get back into shape. We have done this in the past as well and here are some of things we found helpful:

Look at this as a healthy eating plan and not a diet.
Realize there will be days that you/her won't do as well as you should when it comes to eating. But as long as you stick with it, it will work.

Start researching low calorie dinners/desserts to help cut calories .

Want chocoloate, have 1 or 2 of those mini chocolate bites, not a whole candy bar. Have frozen yogurt or low cal ice cream. Skinny cows makes great ice cream bars.

Encourage each other to work out. Maybe you make dinner so she can work out and the next day you switch jobs.

Only weight yourselves once a week. Pick a day and always weight on the same day at the same time. My husband and I also do measuring as well. Some times you can not lose in weight but you lose in inches and it is just as rewarding. We keep an excel spreadsheet of our weight/measurements.

I love that you said that you love her how she is - tell her that often. :)

Good luck to you and your family!

Wow, seeing your attitude here you seem like you are already supporting her. If you want to do the diet with her, go ahead.. that would be awesome. If you don't want to, that's fine.. but around her try to watch what you eat and don't tempt her with foods. Remind how her great she looks and how proud you are of her for sticking to her diet. Pick up some fresh fruit at the market on your way home here and there for a surprise.

Rosepetal
You should be supportive and help her, but don't cross the line. Losing weight is NOT easy. She will have lapses of will power, but it's not important that she falls off the horse sometimes, what's important, and the key to success is that she gets right back on that horse. She's only human, but trying to lose weight can bring out a monster in some people. Know your boundaries. Don't be too strict with her, just be supportive This is her thing.

May I suggest an ultra tasty low fat/low cal salad:
Romain lettuce
orange slices or mandarin slices (you can buy the pre-sliced kind)
feta cheese
walnuts
balsamic vinegar

Place mandarin slices over lettuce, crumble a little feta all over, sprinkle walnuts, and add balsamic vinegar to your liking. It's so good.

Also when I crave a sundae, I make a yogurt parfait. In a sundae glass, I put any flavor of yogurt I want and then add fruit like strawberries, blueberries, pineapple or mandarins. I love putting a dollop of strawberry or peach jam on top of fruit, then I put another layer of yogurt, then fruit and jam, when I get to the top I finish it with granola, low-fat whipped cream and a cherry. Bon appetit!
Good Luck!

J man
ok, when you eat around her, eat healthy. its ok to have a cheat day on the diet, but only once every two weeks. the cheat day is used by alot of bodybuilders and fitness models. Just encourage her to stick to it, and dont just encourage with words. when around her do what your saying to do.

Duisend-poot
Rating
Support her all you want , but for heaven's sake don't watch what she is eating and don't ask her if she really need to eat the crunchie etc. Don't ask her if she has lost any weight, wait for her to talk to you about it. Some men watch everything you do and then throw it in your face whenever they get annoyed by you.Let her make her own decisions and don't go on diet with her, she will not appreciate the fact that you are losing weight faster than her, i know i would not. I would just give up then. Let her do it all by herself and don't interfere. Good advice this, i promise you. Good luck to you , you are going to need it and good luck to her as well.:)))))

Lucylu
Rating
being a woman myself, i would appreciate some help and support when going on a diet. it is very encouraging to have someone doing the same thing as you are- if you get what i mean?. also remove anything that might encourage her to have a chocolatey pleasure etc, as it will only anger her later on when she realises shes been 'good' and then broken it by having some chocolate. good luck

nessoy
Its a good idea to join in. When you both want a treat you should have it (as long as its not every day). Maybe a treat at the weekend. She will need to get her craving out of the way so by having that little treat it should keep her going and the craving won't be as bad as if she were to leave it lingering.

Good luck to you both.

lisa h
Yu could also do activities as a family. That way you're all involved & you can all get fitter together.
That way, your daughter wont get into the habit of thinking that a diet is something that is a depressing regime to follow.
I think if you could all take a brisk walk & play a simple of game of timing yourselves/wearing a pedometer & see who does the most steps etc... your daughter will enjoy getting out into the fresh air & find it enjoyable, as for your wife, she'll love the company & I'd imagine will love the fact that you're all benefiting from the extra exercise & maybe, she won't have to follow a diet.
i have just bought a trampette & never realised how unfit I was, we all have a go on it & you can still watch the TV while using it!

richard_beckham2001
Rating
Why not lose weight/eat healthy together. Go out walks excercise together.

Just Jess
Rating
Oh my god i'm in the SAME situation as your girflriend...and I admire the fact that you're looking for was to support her.

First off, dont suggest going out to eat!!!.... I've been trying to diet for MONTHS now. I'm finally REALLY serious about it, and last night, without telling me, my boyfriend drove us to a resteraunt. .... Now, I wasnt going to say 'NO' becuase he was hungry. So I went in, ate, and felt terrible about myself. ....Avoid going out to eat. If you do go out to eat, go somewhere like subway ... or any other healthy place that has salads and stuff.

If your girlfriend needs chocolate (YES. chocolate can be a NEED...trust.)....let her have like 2 hershey kisses. or 2 peanutbutter cups. .... My boyfriend also has this problem as I am ALWAYS craving chocolate. Last night actually we went to the grocery store together. I bought a bag of hurshey kisses and asked him to keep them in his car, and whenever he sees me just give me one. That way my craving wont get too strong...Everything in moderation is OKAY....

Going for walks together can be very romantic. If its winter where you are (as it is where I am)...tell her to bundle up, and take her for a walk somewhere nice (do you drive?...that would make this a lot easier...even if you dont drive, when you do see her---go for a walk somewhere)..... walking is great exercise and you can do it together...... AND with your daughter. Even if she is not old enough to walk, put her in a stroller. If she is old enough to walk, even better! .... you can make this a fun learning expierence for her. Perhaps in the summer you all go on "nautre walks" ..have your daughter find all kinds of flowers...sticks..rocks....Fall time you can look for leaves! .....

Do you live together?....Try avoiding junk foods in the house. Junk foods arent good for you, her, or your daugheter. A good, low cal, somewhat healthy "sweet" snack can be something like apple sauce (they come in those individual things) with some cool whip on it (not whip cream, cool whip. 2 table spoons of cool whip is only 25 calories...and 1 of those things of apple sauce is only usually about 100 calories or less).... keep lots of veggies in the house.... and maybe some dressing to dip (They say dressing is SOOO bad, but its better than eating a million chips) Instead of buying cans of soda (even diet soda is bad...terrible for you..) try buying bottles of water. Water is a key point in weight loss!

I wish someone would get this stuff into my boyfriends head!! lol, good luck with this.... and good luck to her. this isnt something easy.

**You do not have to actually join the diet, but theres no harm in forming a healthier life style. Eating more fruits and veggies never really hurt anyone ;)

I have many many healthy subsitutions for chips and cookies...if you'd like to know about more healthy things that you might want to keep in the house feel free to contact me....little containers of yogurt are great, the apple sauce (try to find organic)...etc...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy