Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

Im sick of hearing about fat people!?
.i have a metabolism which prevents me from gaining weight. all these people who are over weight ,its simple stop eating ! put the chocolate bar down and get out the chair and exercise!no ...

How can i give up smoking cigarettes?
Anyone give any sound tips?
I desperately want to give up, but it is tremendously ...

Im 5''3 (5 feet 3 inches) and 13 years old how much am i supposed to weigh??

Has Anyone ever tried the....?
curves 6 week solution??

myh moms making me do it with her so that i can make her stick to it.... but i was wondering if i sdont go to the place and excersise and what not, how much would ...

Am I too fat to become a model?
I'm 5'7 and I weigh 129lbs....

Am i overweight?
im 13, 5'3 and i weigh about 114 lbs. am i an ok weight or do i need to loose some ...

Is it possible to lose 15lbs a month?
I want to lose 15lbs a month to eventually weigh in at 150lbs. I currently weigh 221lbs and I hope to lose 71lbs by the end of the summer which is approximatly 15lbs a month. How can I do this? I ...

♥rosalba ™ ♥
One of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 150 is she fat???
well, she just goes to my school, ummm, some ppl make fun of her, idon't really get it, she doesn't seem to be fat to me, is she fat to u??? =/...like ppl call her names sometimes, and i fell sort of bad for her.
Additional Details
shes been telling me stuff like doing exercise videos and crap, and she told me she lost 3 pounds last week, and she was really excited about that, idk about this week though. she used to weigh like 154.

hannah banana
Rating
Well, I'm 4'11 and weigh like 153, but I've been losing weight...so, yeah...those people at school are bigheaded LOSERS! I sort of know what she is going through :)

Biochem
Rating
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Her body mass index says that she is slightly in the overweight range.

As obesity is getting more and more common in America, people's perceptions of what is Fat is changing a lot. There are lots of health consequences to being overweight. You should invite her to work out with you in the gym or something!

Olivia D
Rating
um a little but not drastic

Ann
yes she is overweight for her height. It might be muscle though.

emily kaitie
she is not thin but she is not fat either. it is a little above the ideal weight for her height but certainly not fat =]]]

♥ LiKe OmG ♥
Rating
just chubby.

anonymous
according to bmi she is slightly overweight, but it depends how she looks

Roberta K
Rating
I don't think that is fat. Maybe a little heavy, but no reason for kids to make fun of her. Actually, there is no reason to ever make fun of anybody, even if they are fat! They are just bullies and bullies will think of any reason to abuse somebody-- whether it's true or not. Your friend's weight shouldn't matter to you since you are her friend. Are you just afraid to be seen with her?

Jamiee (:
Rating
No.
I know how she feels though. Worst feeling in the world.
Make the people back off, there's nothing worse than being called fat.

<3 Kiara <3
well i would say she's overweight but if u want a sure answer heres a link:

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

ucchi0527
According to the BMI index, she is at the heavier end... (BMI=25) but it depends, if she has a lot of muscle mass (since muscle weighs more than fat) or she has large skeletal frame. If she has a very unhealthy lifestyle (i.e. junk food, no exercise), she may want to improve it a little bit so that she can stay healthier - which will probably help her in a long run =)

A Friend
Rating
Your friend is in the normal range of weight according to her height. She is perfect...

According to the book "Your Guide To Total Health Care"

The Suggested weights are::

Height and Weight In Pounds

5'5" 19-34 years

114 pounds to 150 pounds

5'5" 35+ years

126 pounds to 162 pounds

If she is 19-34 years of age.... she is in the normal range now... but she may not want to gain much more weight....she may want to make sure that she is eating a healthy diet and try to stay active and exercise. A healthy diet is not a fad diet. It is eating wholesome and healthy foods in moderate amounts. You may want to research examples of healthy foods to eat. look up THE FOOD GUIDE PYRAMID. Grains, fruits and vegetables should make up the bulk of your diet. These foods supply energizing carbohydrates, help replace unwanted fat calories and supply fiber.

Your friend is perfect now and is in the normal weight range for her height.

cara
Rating
shes probably a lil chubby but ppl shouldn't make fun of her for it

Freddles
Yes she does seem a lil overweight. If you're that concerned then go on ebay and buy one of those little body fat analyser thingymabobs to work out her bodyfat percentage, about 20-25% is about average for a woman.

jmccain123
Rating
it depends i would need to see a pic?

Mary C
how tall is she ? 5ft 4in should be about 130 as her hight goes up she can weigh a little more she dosent sound much over weight to me thoughs ppl just sound cruel to me and probably
have troble with there owne selff immage

brandi h
Rating
No. i am 5'2 and i used to weigh 160. and i got called fat. but i had a butt then and I had curves. but now that i weigh 111 i am just like a stick. no but or nothing. but concidering that she is 3 inches taller than i was and 10 pds. less than me. she is just the size she needs to be

Pedro!
Her BMI (body mass index) is 24.5 which is at the lower end of the 'ideal' area meaning if her BMI was .5 more she'd be medically overweight. Whether she is fat or not in appearence standareds I couldn't say without seeing a photo but my guess is yes. However, some people, incorrectly, jude fatness relative to the people around them so say everyone at your school was morbidly obese she may not seem 'fat'.

Try to support her so she doesn't start using food as an emotional support for the fact that people call her fat because that one spirals waaaaaaaay out of control.

☮│Chanel │☮ O.o
Rating
No,
I.d.k but it depends on how she looks
she could be a bit chubby.
tell her im here for her not to worry..
shes not fat at all but encourage her not to listen to them
because she honestly has feelings and
she probley listens and that is low self esteem
talk to your friend
and tell her not to let these boys ( I know its them)
Judge her.
because they probley thinks there all of this but
on the flip side there the one with the body issues :]

♥VALERiiE BABii
yea she is a little bit. I'm5'4 and I weigh 119 and to me I could still drop a few pounds

♥A.C.E.♥
Rating
I think she's a lil chubby, but not super fat where people should be making fun of her!! Poor girl, don't see why they should make fun of her if she's not even fat, just chubby! Oh well... high school can be hell! hehe

Pauline H
The formula is 100 pounds for the first 5 feet of height, plus 5 pounds for each additional inch.

If your friend is 5 foot 5, then her weight should be 125 lbs.

Reverend Erik
Dunno, what does she look like? Does she look fat? Or are her clothes to the wrong style for her body type. Weight is not everything.

AC1221
No she is not fat but she is a little over weight. If this really concerns you maybe you could try going to the mall with her to pick out clothes that are more body slimming or work out with her. All she really needs to lose is about ten lbs.

However, if she is happy the way that she is then don't try to change her just accept her and support her, it can't be easy dealing with people who call her names.

♥Angie. B♥
I dont think shes "fat"- but for her height her weight could be alittle much- i dont know how she looks like but im sure shes fine- tell her not to listen to those ppl- her body will change as she gets older- everyone does
♥

GabesMommy
Rating
Depends on her body type. Some people are more muscular than others.

AJS
Well, you see, this is the kind of question that will easily be answered if you supplied a picture of said person. No one will know for sure if she's "fat" or not unless you do. Especially since we can't tell just from her height to weight ratio (Body mass Index) since that's inaccurate and doesn't take into account muscle and other stuff.

But if you want an objective answer, according to an online Body Mass Index chart, your friend's BMI is 25.0 (1 decimal point into the overweight zone. if she can lose a couple pounds, she'll drop a decimal point and cross into the "healthy" zone)

Tanith
It depends on her build/frame/muscular-ness.

150 could look good if she was athletic.
If she has an average frame, I'd say she is a bit chubby.

She isn't fat.

I used to weigh 165 (now down to 135), and I looked okay.

trina_lahey
she could stand to lose weight but that is not fat, of course the older you get the harder it is to stay thin so if she is prone to weight gain she should start eating healthy now

burni.romo
I don't think that is an obese weight for 5'5''.

rainbow
*************AWWWWWWW I WISH I HAD A FRIEND LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL SHE IS JUST A LITTLE CHUBBY SHE NEEDS TO EAT A LITTLE HEALTHY NO JUNK FOOD I THINK WHEN EVER U WORK OUT TELL HER TO DO THE SAME TELL HER YOUR DAILY MENU SO SHE CAN COPY EXACTLY WHAT YOU EAT! LIKE YOU U SEEM SKINNYY AND GO SHOOPIN( SO U CAN BUY COLTES THAT MAKE U LOOK SLIMMER) WITH HER I FEEL SORRIE 4 HER 2! but SHES LUCKY 2 HAVE A FRIEND LIKE YOU! IN 2 WEEK ALL THESE RUNDY BUYS WILL BE ASKIN HER ON AN DATE! :)TRUST ME **********
********* HOPE I HELPED PICK ME 4 BEST ANSWER LOL IF I WANT*************

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy