Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary      Health Advices  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

Im sick of hearing about fat people!?
.i have a metabolism which prevents me from gaining weight. all these people who are over weight ,its simple stop eating ! put the chocolate bar down and get out the chair and exercise!no ...

How can i give up smoking cigarettes?
Anyone give any sound tips?
I desperately want to give up, but it is tremendously ...

Im 5''3 (5 feet 3 inches) and 13 years old how much am i supposed to weigh??

Has Anyone ever tried the....?
curves 6 week solution??

myh moms making me do it with her so that i can make her stick to it.... but i was wondering if i sdont go to the place and excersise and what not, how much would ...

Christina
If I lose 10-15 pounds, will it be noticeable?
Will I, as well as other people, be able to to see a difference if I were to lose 10-15 pounds? Even if it were just a slight difference?
I am 5"7 and 157 pounds.

Hank the wayward Christmas tree
Yeah, it would be very noticable. I bet you would loose two maybe three dress sizes. Go for it!

DOUGLASS
Rating
of course cause u lost a lot

Roiben
Well, generally about 10 pound of body weight is actually water weight, so it shouldn't be too hard. After that, though it should be a bit more difficult. For example: I'm 5'3'' and I weigh 120 pounds. That means, if you take off the water weight, I actually only weigh 110 pounds.
10-15 will be such a slight difference that only people who know you really well, such as parents, best friends, and boy/girlfrieds will be able to see something noticable.

Weatherman
You are losing 10% of your body weight so it will definately be noticeable

strawberryice_lb
Rating
yep

kat k
Rating
100%..you are still in normal weight, if you drop 10 lbs it will be very noticeable! I am 5'8 and have been everywhere from 101 lbs, (not good!) to 210...pregnancy included! and 10lbs makes a big difference!

Craig C
Rating
Yes definitely.

Haylsinator
Rating
Most likely, but it will depend on how your body reacts to weight loss. Some people lose weight in their face first. Or their chest, butt, legs, or belly. It varies for everyone. 10-15 pounds is a pretty significant amount. I say, yes, people will notice but it may be subtle.

Monchichi
Rating
uaually

oldtimekid
To a very high degree, you should weigh as much as you feel happy with weighing.

As far as a "healthy weight", that's what most of the other posts are about (calculating your BMI, diet plans, etc).... but most people will say what the "average" is according to different opinions.

As long as you are at a weight where you are healthy, the most important part is that you are HAPPY with your weight... not that you "should be X pounds", but that no matter what you weigh, you are happy with that instead of striving to be a size 2 or something like that

That being said, if you want to lose weight, exercise is a really good (and safe) way to lose weight. In addition to that, I would recommend meeting with a nutritionist or dietitian to see if there is something else that may benefit you more.

Proud Mama of 4
Rating
That would be a huge difference. Especially if you did it from working out. Toning your muscles vs. diet loss are very different. I have just lost 21 lbs and 26+ inches, and I look very different. Still have 50 lbs to go! Good luck. I feel great.

luisamapacha
Rating
Oh yeah, absolutely. It will be very noticeable.

You'll start to feel a difference after losing about 2 pounds.

If you're skeptical, go the grocery store and look at a 15-pound chunk of ground beef.

Crystal Vols
I think so. Give it a shot. Don't starve yourself though. Bad way to loose weight. Best way is to eat healthy things and portion control. Good luck.

JEN!
Rating
you you could tell

jaycar122
Depends where you lose it and how you lose it.

Stomachs get noticed the most, it's the first thing we look at when we see someone.

Buttocks are least noticed.
You'll probably feel it better than you can see it, though.

Rand al' Thor
Rating
Yeah you should, it will not be dramatic or anything but you should see a difference.

raclawski04@ameritech.net
Rating
Yes, depending on the clothes you wear

backwardsinheels
I just lost 10 lbs. Now, my pants are too big and I have to wear a belt. You will definitely see a difference.

Depon
Yes, I think that will make a difference. You will probably notice that you clothes are loose fitting where they were tight. That would put you in good portion for your height.

bookworm
Rating
of course! when i lost weight for a new school year many people noticed. even my homeroom teacher complimented, and that's saying something.

jimmy
yes people will notice that you lost weight, and so will you.

nisee♥
Rating
yes that's a slight difference...people will take notice and compliment you

colormehappy
Rating
yes. i think if you were grossly overweight it would be more difficult to tell.

whit r
yes

Brian T
Rating
YES

thefilmmakermodel
yes it will be noticeable. if you go from 157 to 142 that will be quite a bit.

HOT 1
yeah

Dillicious
yes it will be.

GuitarChick
Rating
Oh yea...I just recently lost a minor 4 pounds and my boyfriend even noticed. So yes, it would make a difference!

Liplicious
Absolutely !!!!

Kathy A
If you can imagine that each pound you lose is the equivalent to a pound of butter, even a couple of pounds is noticeable.

When Oprah lost 75 pounds, she lugged 75 pounds of animal fat out onto the stage in a wagon to show everyone just how much it was. (it was huge by the way)

When you look at pounds of butter and how much space they take up, 10 - 15 pounds is a lot of space. So you'll definately notice it.

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Kathy

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, May 9, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy