Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary      Health Advices  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am starving myself to lose weight. How long will it take me to lose 15 pounds?

Any dieting tips,or foods that will help me lose weight?
Any suggestions and tips are welcome....

Do you think im fat (pic) ?
this me on holiday do i need to loose weight????

http://i285.photobucket.
http://i285.photobucket....

Am i a fatty?
okay i am a twlve year old girl with a six pack but i feel like a total fatty sometimes. is is possible to have a six pack and be fat??

okay well im 125 lbs and 5ft 7

i play ...

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

abluebobcat
Is it ok to eat junk food if you don't put on weight?
I exercise every night (Boxing, Gym, Swimming) and I go for a long run every weekend, I don't drink much and don't smoke. I drink loads of water

however

My addiction is junk food - I go to the chippy twice a week, chinese once a week, Macdonalds for lunch once a week, crisps and chocolate bars on regular basis, love fizzy drinks (I try and eat a bit of fruit and veggies as well though but not much) but I never put on any weight and am below my BMI index.

Should I carry on enjoying my fast metabolism & eating junk or am I doing any other damage to my health even though I never put on any weight? If I am doing damage is there any way to cure this powerful addiction?

bethanie_25_uk
Rating
The fat content in the types of food you eat can dramatically raise cholesterol and can cause problems for you later in life. The reason for your addiction is that because you are very active your body requires more energy (calories) but craves quick satisfying foods that are high in fat. The best way is to eat regularly, 3 meals a day plus snacks in between to keep your energy levels up, that way your body wont crave these quick fixes so often. Choose foods that are high in fibre as this gives you a "satisfied" feeling for longer. I'm not saying it has to be a strict diet or anything like that though. Theres no reason why you cant enjoy "comfort foods" in moderation. Drinking plenty of water is good, also drink fresh fruit juice as this contains calories which provide you with energy but no grams of fat. Snack mainly on cereals, wholegrain foods such as wholemeal bread, fruit and vegetables. The odd chocolate bar or packet of crisps wont do any harm as long as you don't binge on them.

mbestevez
That way you will get malnourishment, the other side of obesity, or even bulimia nervosa.

Dear, we don't only need quantity of calories, but quality of food. We need vitamins, minerals, protein...

Addictions, I say, are due because there is something missing and we are trying to replace it with something pleasant...find out where does your emptiness come from and fill it with self confidence and self possession.

You will have to hire someone to cook for you...until you learn to search and cook nutritious food on your own.

Read nutrition books.

Megan G
Rating
No, just b/c you don't gain weight doesn't mean it won't hurt you it's called Karma.

kathy_is_a_nurse
Rating
There is more to junk food than it's tendency to put weight on you. Fats clog your arteries, increase your risk for certain cancers, etc.

You are doing A LOT to ward off your risks by your exercise regimen, but it is not the total answer. Look at Jim Fixx. He was considered one of the great leaders in running, yet he died of a heart attack...while running. The lesser known story was that he had a bad family history of heart disease and ate a horribly unhealthy diet.

So, I guess I say to you...enjoy an OCCASIONAL Big Mac or chocolate bar, but bare in mind that your exercise program and metabolism can only take you so far in protecting your health. If you are not feeding your body the fuel it needs for optimal performance...just like a high performance car that you put bad fuel in...the odds are, that as good as it is, eventually it will start to break down and give you problems

pinkcinnamon3
Rating
Just because you don't gain weight, doesnt mean that you wont get sick. These foods are nutrient-less and very ACID forming to your body. You need vegetables! 8-10 servings a day! And stuff from "fast food" places doesnt count. FRESH from the produce section. DONT eat sugar! You are making yourself sick. You will regret it when you are older. You are setting yourself up for diabetes, colon cancer and a TON of pain....think twice before you give into the craving that these companies try so hard to maintain. Don't fall for it.

surybore
You have not specified your age. Your gender is not also given. However, in case you are below 30 and below your BMI index, as you say, there is no great harm in taking junk food, once or twice a week, as long as you are not addicted to this, in the sense that you don't make junk food as the only food. However, when you eat plenty of fruits and veggies with fibre content, you need not be bothering much about the junk food.

ft3535
Rating
yes it is
they have so much actual stuff with 14 letter words in them that in the future they will outlaw these substances for causing all kinds of disease...
a lot of the make up of junk food is actually just that junk and it is not healthy at all for man or beast..

that's why.

good luck

J P
Firstly, cut out the fizzy drinks. It's recently been shown that they can help contribute to oesteoperosis by removing calcium from the bone and, assuming you're 18+, you'll have a hell of a time replacing it. And, if you're used to being active, oesteoperosis could be the worst thing that could happen to you.

The chocolate etc. can lead to diabetes. No matter how good your metabolism or how fit you are, you can still get it, and then you'll have a hell of a time staying in shape.

Besides all that, you're heart, liver and kidneys may suffer damage.

I'd say, drop the junk, lift the weights.

antagonist
Rating
i do- it's not a problem if you're fit and healthy.

Mary Smith
you might not put any weight on by eating these foods but they are bad for your heart, cholesterol, diabetes, and many other organs in your body

pussycatboi
Try and limit yourself, but nothing wrong with junk every now and then, just not everyday.

nigel h
Rating
it's OK to eat junk food sometimes, but all the time?! Sounds vile. I think you'll be setting yourself up for problems in later life. Your addiction is to sugar and fat. The way to cure it is to cut it out of your life - once you've done that you'll realise how disgusting the stuff you're eating now really tastes, and how good REAL food tastes.

Druantia
One day something will go wrong - and then you will suddenly find out what it is to deprive your body of necessary vitamins and minerals to keep your body in top condition for all the pressure you put it under. Your liver and kidneys are so vunerable with that sort of diet. Just try and integrate some fresh fruit and veggies into your diet. No need to give up all that sugary rush food entirely!

Angela
As lovely as it tastes, it is so bad for your body. It has no nutrional value, it can increase your risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke and lots of other horrible life-threatening diseases.
Sorry to be blunt, but as a nurse have seen what it can do to people.

Goldenrain
Rating
Because your weight is right and you exercise you are in good shape physically but everything you are eating is used to create new cells in your body. You are what you eat. You can't see it but you have damage occuring inside your body from the diet you are consuming. If you cut out the junk you will feel so much better. Try it and feel the difference, there is one.

If you want to live a shorter life and experience health problems down the road continue on eating as you are. The choice is truly yours, and you need to know what is important to you to make your decision. Drinking lots of water is great and I applaude you for your exercise routine. Keep those up!

Philadelphia
Rating
Yes absolutely - I regard it as natural selection! All those people stupid enough to exist on junk food will start dying off leaving all the healthy strong ones behind to produce more healthy and strong babies!!!

Have you even considered your cholestrol level or what all this saturated fat/salt is doing to your arteries and blood pressure? I don't even know where to begin! I think you need to do some serious reading and research!!!

Total Ã…rsehole
Absolutely not, you are on route for diabetes.

Try eating healthier foods, complex carbohydrates and better protein souces like fish and 'clean' meat like chicken and beef. Eat more beans and loads of fruit and veg.

As this is not a weight issue I'm sure you won't see any change in weight, but what you will see is an increase in energy.

You could go cold turkey and just cut out junk food al together, or you could start substituting and slowly decrease the amount of junk in your diet. But I think the former is the best idea, and as you start to eat better you can have the odd treat, but I bet it will be less pleasing when you have weaned yourself off it.

The Voice
Just because you don't have weight problems, doesn't mean you aren't damaging your health. The problems with junk food is that they contain high levels of saturated fats, salts and sugars, and are low in the vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients the body needs.

In effect, by depriving your body of these micronutrients, you can cause damage to your health. There is a school of thought that also believes that our appetite is tied in to the body's need for these micronutrients. If you are not getting enough of them, your body will tell you it's still hungry, so you eat more. If you are largely eating junk food, you still won't be getting enough of the micronutrients you need, but may well be ingesting dangerously large amounts of saturated fats, salts and sugars.

When you are young you can get away with eating like this. I know, because I did. Believe me, at a certain point in your life, your metabolism will slow down, and you will start storing those excess calories. It is better to get into a healthy eating pattern as early in life as you can.

Mightymo
Rating
Junk food is not good for you, whether you put on weight or not, everything you eat goes into your system and your cells. You are clogging up your arteries and you are in for trouble later in life.
You should look for a support group in your area for over-eaters, even though you don't overeat, they can help you to overcome the urge. You can try hypnosis too. Man, your a candidate for heart disease and stroke and cancer.

migsterlover!
Rating
no, as a qualified food nutritionist it is not okay. just because there is no phisical affect on the outside, it doesnt mean that there is no damage done to the insides. this could mean you have high blood pressure, bad cholesterol, high sugar intake. you must eat 5 fruit and veg a day.

Baps .
Personally if I were you I'd cut down on the amount of junk food that you are having. Okay its not harming you now but as you get older you never know.

Because you do some much exercise your body isn't effected by all the junk food that you eat because you are burning it up, but if you get an injury and can't train but carry on eating in this way that is when you are going to start having problems and start to gain weight. So for now why don't you cut down on the chocolate, crisps, fizzy drinks and the MacDonald's and try eating healthier alternatives and balance your diet more. It would be wrong to suggest that you completely stop with the junk food, (although that would be a lot better for you) so why not go down to having just one junk food meal a week, instead of so many a week. By doing this I reckon that not only you body will benefit from this, but you will also find that you save yourself more money. Start taking a pack lunch to work, or if you don't want to do that grab a sandwich from the deli or go into M&S and get a nice healhier option from there. This is only a suggestion, but I think that it the long term your body will thank you for it

shellie0601
You may not be putting on weight now, but in your later years your metabolism will slow down and your habit will start to pile on the pounds. Weight isn't the only reason to have a healthy diet though. You need to look after your heart, your digestive system and your internal body in general.

As far as how to kick your junk food habit, my best suggestion would be to see a dietician. They are fully qulified to deal with anyone's eating habits and patterns and make the transition to healthy living as smooth as possible. Good luck :)

Dezzy
You are "doing damage." You need to try to stay off the junk food. If you didn't eat it, you would see way more benefits to your health. It is hard to curb an addiction, but if you start implementing healthier foods in your diet, you will see how different you feel and how great your body feels. :) Good luck.

werepigeon
Watch Morgan Spurlocks documentary called Super Size Me, where he eats nothing but McDonalds for a month. After watching it you will have the answers to your questions.

michael s
Rating
Trans-fats.....look into them! Your killing yourself with fast food...however, companies like KFC have promised to remove them from use in all their restuarants....

Essmi d
Junk food is doing bad things to your body even if you're fit. Eventually it will catch up with you because the food is leaving deposits in your bloodstream and organs. Even thin people have heart attacks, high blood pressure, and many other health problems due to poor diets. You're playing with fire if you stick with those habits.

Blunt Honesty
Rating
Weight gain isn't the only drawback to eating junk food. It has no nutritional benefit for you.

robbief1999
Rating
No, because you have diabetes, cancer and heart disease to worry about.

I'm a HBIC
No, because it's still unhealthy.
It can clog your autorys up

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, May 9, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy