Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If i starve myself...?
will i lose muscle or fat first?
will cellulite go away?

dont tell me not to starve myself cos i never said i was, im just asking....

One of my friends is 5'5 and weighs 150 is she fat???
well, she just goes to my school, ummm, some ppl make fun of her, idon't really get it, she doesn't seem to be fat to me, is she fat to u??? =/...like ppl call her names sometimes, and i ...

Does your body use fat calories from areas of your body in relation to muscles needing the energy?

Am I fat?????????
I am 13, 92 lbs and around 5 foot, maybe 4 foot 11....

Am i fat???? please tell me the truth!!!?
i'm 14 yrs old and i'm 5'3 and i weigh 122 lbs. how much weight should i lose...i'm thinking like 10 pounds? please tell me the truth
Additional Details

I am starving myself to lose weight. How long will it take me to lose 15 pounds?

Any dieting tips,or foods that will help me lose weight?
Any suggestions and tips are welcome....

Do you think im fat (pic) ?
this me on holiday do i need to loose weight????

http://i285.photobucket.
http://i285.photobucket....

Am i a fatty?
okay i am a twlve year old girl with a six pack but i feel like a total fatty sometimes. is is possible to have a six pack and be fat??

okay well im 125 lbs and 5ft 7

i play ...

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Bryan B
How can I lose 40 pounds without taking pills?
I weigh 200 pounds right now and I'm only 15 years old. I have tried everything and I need help!

Connie L
Rating
How tall are you, we must know this in order to answer???

Missylicious
Rating
You need to go on a special diet and need to work out, join the gyme and ask for a personal trainer although they come at a price at least he'll write you a diet that you'd have to follow with your exercises. You still at a tender age and it shouldn't be so difficult to lose the weight. Good Luck!

I'm Not That Girl
Rating
try cutting out sugars that are not naturally occurring and replace them w/ fruits. Don't cut out all carbs but do cut down on them, try whole wheat or whole grain breads. exercise is essential!!! start walking every day and gradually work your way up to a full workout, but before you try any of this i suggest talking w/ your doctor to fully help. I pray for your success's!!!
God Bless
Elphaba

jonnykarate_ver_22
Rating
Here's an easy way without taking pills....start an expensive cocaine habit and live off vodka and cigarettes, if it works for models it will work for you.

☺Bojanglesvegan☺
Rating
try the sonoma diet. it is basically a Mediterranean diet, but it goes through steps to get you off unhealthy eating habits, like eating too much white bread and sugars. the first ten days are though, you need to be dedicated. but it is all worth it. after the first ten days it all gets easier. i started it a week ago and have already lost six pounds. all you need to do is be able to cook the recipes that come with the book-and they taste great,too, don't worry!- and eat! i hope this helps you and you get the body you want

oaktreekennell
your best chance is to put it on a horse

Eunice
Rating
I do the low carb, high protein and I exercise , I do weight training 4days a week with cardio, 2 days upper body and 2 days lower body and all the other days I either go swimming or I take walks. I think that is what works for me, just watching what I eat and staying active. Your still very young so if you can get control of your weight now it could be very beneficial to your health as you get older and having a support group (mom, dad, friend) will also help you.

william b
put out more calories than you take in,it's that simple

wafffllles13
Rating
really good, healthy diet and intence exercise!

good luck!

DiRtAlLtHeWaY
Rating
exercise

sanangel
Rating
just get all the exercise you can and stay away from junk food.. get on a low calorie diet.. and make sure you burn the calories you eat..do not eat late at night.. try and eat healthy foods, eat celery sticks.. drink lots of water and do not eat between meals, unless it is something like carrots or celery sticks...

Fitty4ex
Rating
EXERCISE....

Check out this site.

www.acefitness.org/

cowgirl91
Diet and fitness. It's the only way to go.

funeebb
eat healtier. no junk food. Limit the a mount you eat. also exercise. Be patient it takes a while.

belhie
Portion control and exercise. 30 minutes of walking each day would be a good way to start. Weight training is also great. Cut out excessive sugars from your diet. I lost 20 pounds from going on a vegeterian diet but if you like meat, eat in moderation. Same goes for everything you put in your mouth. I have never come across a diet pill that works.

ryle
my teen neighbor lost a ton of weight roller blading. get up early this summer and start by walking, then start running and roller blading, be patient.

darlene793
eat smaller portions of food that is good for you, never eat at night, exercise after supper and do some exercising.

Joe
Rating
Keyword= EXERCISE

♣ Mr. Clover ♣
In addition to improving performance through healthy eating, some athletes will seek to lose weight through dieting and aerobic exercise. By losing fat they hope to achieve a higher "strength to mass ratio" or "lean weight." This means more muscle and less fat, and should theoretically give them an advantage against other athletes of the same weight.

Healthy weight loss can be seen as a positive effect of participation in sports, but reducing body fat too greatly can cause health problems. Athletes should try to maintain their body fat at the lowest healthy level to achieve their best performance.

Athletes at the elite level will sometimes attempt to temporarily lower their body fat to unhealthy levels to give themselves an edge in important competitions. Afterwards they will regain the lost fat, and return to their normal training weight. This technique should not be attempted without knowledge of periodization and the help of a knowlegable coach and medical advice.

Children and teenagers should be cautioned to avoid losing weight at excessive quick rates or to excessively low levels the way adult athletes may choose to. Young bodies require additional nutrients to grow. Weight-cutting techniques can interfere with healthy physical development

After weigh-ins, athletes should immediately begin rehydration. Some sporting events hold weigh-ins on the day before competition; others hold weigh-ins on the same day, only hours before competition. In this short amount of time, complete rehydration may not be possible. For this reason, dehydration techniques should be used in moderation.

Athletes should continuously sip liquid until they compete. Rehydration cannot be achieved in a single sitting.

The best drink for rehydration is not pure water. The body requires electrolytes in order to retain water. An oral rehydration solution is the best choice. Sports drinks also work, but contain excessive sugar that may negativly affect performence. Another possible choice is V8 juice and water

the context of physical health, weight loss is the process of losing body weight, typically by losing fat. Losing excess weight provides valuable benefits, such as better health, higher self-esteem, increased quality of life. To achieve weight loss, more calories must be expended than taken in. This can be achieved by reducing the amount of food consumed, increasing physical activity or a combination of the two.

For healthy weight loss, most experts recommend a combination of healthy eating patterns and regular physical exercise. Other methods of losing weight include use of prescribed or herbal drugs or chemicals that decrease appetite and/or increase physical activity. Increasing metabolism can help enhance any weight loss plan, and eating breakfast in the morning can increase metabolism, as can eating smaller meals throughout the day. Eating four to six small meals, two to three hours apart, is usually recommended. Try not to go too long between meals, as even a five to six hour gap between meals can greatly slow down metabolism.

Surgical options are also available. Liposuction removes targeted area of fat and tissue while bariatric surgeries can result in large weight loss by reducing the size of the stomach or reducing the absorption of food energy. But it is not appropriate for every one. Surgical and drug options may have serious side-effects.

Weight loss hypnosis is yet another option for those wanting to lose weight.

A loss of weight can also be the symptom of some mental or physical diseases or disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, cachexia associated with cancer, AIDS or diabetes.

Weight loss can help to relieve symptoms of a variety of conditions, such as diabetes, back pain and disorders of the spine, pain in the knee or legs, and many heart conditions. For healthy weight loss, a physician should be consulted to develop a weight loss plan that is tailored to the individual.-

Another key component of successful weight loss is setting a realistic goal and expectations. Many experts agree that a realistic goal for weight loss should be around 1 pound (half a kilo) per week.

Drew P
I'm sure you've tried it, but you need a healthy diet, and exercise. Start eating fruits and vegies. Run every morning. Work out every other day. But the most important part is you must stay with it. If you only do it for a month, you may lose 5 pounds or so. I can't emphasize that enough.

Mortimer Pratchett
Rating
drink 1 glass of water right before meals, it will make you eat less, and eventually you will loose some fat. Oh and dont ber a glutton, whenever you feel like you are about to get full stop eating, actually stop eating before you feel you are getting full.

jessica l
Rating
execise get good diet eat fuit veggies

Lesia A
TO KIDDAT44...very inappropriate, especially to a 15 year old.

madison018
STOP WATCHING TV AND PLAYING ON THE PUTER!

MONIQUE_07
exercise, stop eating junk food and eat fruits and vegetables

Mr.No-It-All
stop eating

janklazcs
Rating
play sports, that way u will lose weight and get fun at the same time, get involved in a sport team, and eat less calories than you consume.

Fat G
Rating
Get help from http://fast-weightloss.blogspot.com/

Professor Dopetastic Rockefeller
Rating
eat less

cherrybuster66
Rating
Stop drinking soda, stop eating anything made with bread or flour, nothing made with high fructose corn syrup. Start eating 6 small meals a day.. Cut out all carbs except for a salad or handful of carrots with each meal. Drink only water.. Do this for a month and you'll lose 20 pounds.. Do it for 2 months you'll lose an additional 10 pounds..

The key is to also dosome type of aerobic such as walking or running.. Begin with walking 3 miles every couple of days.

Bad Kitty!
I'm guessing that you haven't tried anything successfully. Diet and exercise are the only ways to lose weight and keep it off. It takes a while, it takes a committment, and the longer you do it the easier it gets, because it changes your lifestyle. By diet, I don't mean these fad diets that make you eat all protein or South Beach. I mean eating less of everything. One way is to use a smaller plate, and just put less food on it. If you do this for just one week, and only eat at meals, walk a mile a day briskly, you WILL see results. Try fruit for dessert, and reward yourself with an ice cream one day a week, so you have a treat to look forward to. Keep your dieting to yourself, it makes it easier to do. If anyone remarks on your changing eating habits, just tell them your trying to eat "healthier." I really can't stand the word "diet!" It makes it sound like it is something temporary that you're only doing for a while. This is a lifetime committment to changing your eating habits. You'll be so glad you did it! I had a friend who went from 295 to 132 (female, 5'4") and KEPT IT OFF. So it can be done!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy