Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

Im sick of hearing about fat people!?
.i have a metabolism which prevents me from gaining weight. all these people who are over weight ,its simple stop eating ! put the chocolate bar down and get out the chair and exercise!no ...

How can i give up smoking cigarettes?
Anyone give any sound tips?
I desperately want to give up, but it is tremendously ...

Im 5''3 (5 feet 3 inches) and 13 years old how much am i supposed to weigh??

Has Anyone ever tried the....?
curves 6 week solution??

myh moms making me do it with her so that i can make her stick to it.... but i was wondering if i sdont go to the place and excersise and what not, how much would ...

Am I too fat to become a model?
I'm 5'7 and I weigh 129lbs....

Am i overweight?
im 13, 5'3 and i weigh about 114 lbs. am i an ok weight or do i need to loose some ...

Jessica L
If i starve myself...?
will i lose muscle or fat first?
will cellulite go away?

dont tell me not to starve myself cos i never said i was, im just asking.

TonWon
Rating
you will eventually die from malnourishmet

Super Rad Dude
from my research, you'll lose mostly muscle. basically, you'll just become skinny-fat i believe. thats why HEALTHY weight loss is the only good way to do it, or one reason @ least. i lol when i see anorexic guys that are like 120 lbs but still fat haha. worry about body composition more so than weight. though obviously dont go too low or too high in weight. and dont let your bodyfat % get too low, especially being a girl because it can mess with your menstrual cycle and stuff.

i dont know about cellulite

Scarlett J
Rating
you will lose all your musclefirst, including cardiac (heart) muscle... so don't do it!! Hear failure is the cause of death amongst most anorexic people. you will definitely not lose your cellulite and in fact you may get even more as your body stores fat when it goes into starvation mode. Many anorexic people also have a high BMI as although skinny, what they do have on them is fat not muscle and so have a high amount of fat compared to their weight. DON'T DO IT

joker83318
first of all if you starve yourself you probably will lose fat but once u start eating again normally you body will want more and more since it wont be used to eating normally and u will gain back all the fat REAL FAST. and for your cellullite buy some coco butter i hear it works

The Original V
You will loose fat, & muscle.....which you may not mind...because anyone who STARVES themself must have already lost BRAIN cells. Good luck.

British canadian asian girl.
You'll hurt yourself, you cant get skinny from not eating..

bird lady 2
Rating
unfortunately ,you loose everything you don't want to loose if your a women or a girl your breast,your period gets screwed up,you loose muscle,you loose weight,your personality,because that is all you think about is that and nothing else, your body doesn't form the way an average body should.I don't know how old you are,but, at the back of your mind something may be going on,not a wise idea!

xxxfallenheartxxx
Rating
Tissue.
Then muscle.

Then maybe fat.

but by then you should be getting burried in the ground.

make wise choices young one :]

Try using that new cellulite cream.

Cellugone or something
haha

Jess G
Rating
you WILL lose, but you will gain everything back reallly soon, you will lose everything, and trust me, i would know

Siti
u will lose both ..as fats are undeveloped muscle
therefore fats=muscle

most prob fats first if have lots of them followed by muscle tissue if theres no fats left...but u will suffer lack of nutricients or stomach pain since ur stomach acid will actove even though theres no food

AnnieBananie
You lose muscle first, your body goes into self-preservation mode and attempts to store as much fat as is possible. If you continue, you will also likely begin losing your HAIR. Highly not suggested.

Answer This!
Rating
muscle first, cellulite doesnt go away, but if you build muscle and tone when you have it, it will be less noticeable.

osnapitsmermer
no i think u get more cellulite and both muscle and fat

♥Vampirella♥
I think your musle will go away first but thats only if you dont exersise at all

I Love Summer Time. <3
NOWAY DONT

ilovemyairmanjay
Rating
Cellulite doesn't just go away. That needs to be treated.

barbadosbeauty98
cellulite pretty much never goes away you would use the fat first and then the mussel that yuo need and then vital organs so ins ted of starving yourself just go on a walk wen you have free time or go to the malll wen you go shopping power walk in stead

climbergirli816
you would lose nutrients first muscle next cellulite would remain but then youd slowly lose fat... i wouldnt siggest trying it tho....lol

ibsaved21
NEVER EVER EVER starve yourself. most importantly, if you do, you'll lose your health. same here with the explaining why not to starve yourself.

A W
Rating
You lose everything, including your life.

~~~?!lttle mrs. drama queen?!~~~
OMG NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!!!!

my moms best friend did that and she can have kids and more and it made holes in her stomach

i am a bigger person but to help you cut potatoes and rice also eat like carrotes in bettween meals so you will eat smaller portions also get good exersize like swimming and runner swimming is better cuz it dosn't even feel like your exersizeing but you are!!

Good luck AND NO STAVEATION PLEASE!!!!!:)

brownboyintown2000
You lose muscle tone and mass first then its only the organ fat. Remember when you lose muscle that your heart is a muscle. Thats why it does damage and people get so sick among other reasons....

BeachBumBob
Rating
Your body will use the immediate energy stores (glycogen in the muscles and liver), then do whatever it has to in order to keep functioning. That means burning fat, sacrificing muscle, etc.

lilbabygirl456
Rating
you will loose muscle first and become very weak...and then you will lay around and starve and then loose weight because someone i knew (now saying so don't ask) was really sick and they didn't eat 4 like 5dayz and he/her lost all their minerals and weight and energy...its not good to starve youself...and im not saying YOU do but im just saying tht 4 the people who do...

mikayla728
Don't ever think about starving yourself. You are hurting yourself more then make yourself better. Starving yourself is the worst thing you could ever do... Just do some exercise and don't eat after 6pm so you can give you stomach time to digest

cashew832000
Rating
Take it from a past anorexic, you will only lose muscle and nothing else. Because, when you don’t eat your body goes into “starvation mode� and holds on to every single piece of energy it can get, including fat, to allow you body to function.

Kojones
Rating
Your metabolism will attack your easiest thing first, and that's the free-floating nutrients such as vitamins. The next thing will be your muscle because it has protein, and you body needs that to produce energy. Your fat will be next to give you the energy to survive. If you ever start eating again, your body will start by rejecting food. You'd have to start on fluids first, chock full of vitamins and minerals. Slowly move to solids because you stomach will not be used to food.

mary
Rating
probably fat first, but muscles go pretty fast without exercise, and cellulite would probably get worse because without muscle, yeah...
so technically, it is not a good way to "let go" off anything

forneyfootball54
Rating
When you starve yourself your body conserves even more fat by consuming muscle and tissues, because your body is planning on starving for a long time. Once you start eating again it will store that food too since your body thinks it may starve again.

Taboo
You will lose everything...from vitamins and minerals...to muscle.

tigerlilly
Rating
your body will burn off muscle first then fat. The goal is to have more caloric output than caloric intake.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy