Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary      Health Advices  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i a fatty?
okay i am a twlve year old girl with a six pack but i feel like a total fatty sometimes. is is possible to have a six pack and be fat??

okay well im 125 lbs and 5ft 7

i play ...

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

Im sick of hearing about fat people!?
.i have a metabolism which prevents me from gaining weight. all these people who are over weight ,its simple stop eating ! put the chocolate bar down and get out the chair and exercise!no ...

How can i give up smoking cigarettes?
Anyone give any sound tips?
I desperately want to give up, but it is tremendously ...

Im 5''3 (5 feet 3 inches) and 13 years old how much am i supposed to weigh??

prabh_bajwa77
Friends i have heard breakfast is neccessary why?which meal should i skip lunch or dinner to loose weight?

nanof15
Coz your Mother told you to!!!!
Don't skip meals, there are 1,000's of starving kids in the world you know!

alka k
Rating
BREAKS IS NECESSARY BECAUSE IN THE NIGHT WE JUST DO RELAXATION and after 8 hours we eat something and to do work in whole day energy is needed by our body and we can get it only by breakfast. I think u should skip dinner because after taking ur dinner we go to have rest and no energy is needed by our body at that time.

shry63
Rating
hey...well i agree with the so many other ppl who hv answered...breakfast is a very imp meal of our day...there's a saying eat breakfast like a king, hv luch like a normal man and hv dinner like a beggar...i feel tat u shudnt relli skip any meals 2 lose weight cuz well if u skip meals u'll tend 2 feel hungry even more causing u 2 eat sum junk food which will cause more harm than the regular food u eat...and also if u dont eat anything u may end up wid acidity or ulcers in ur sotmach which again causes more harm than good...if u relli wanna lose weight..eat regularly...chocolates, candies anything u want!!! dont sacrifice eating in ur best years cuz when u get old anyways u'll hv 2 control ur diet, sugar level etc...but after u eat do exercises like go 4 a jog or go swimming, tennis, basketball (u'll grow taller 2)....jus dont sacrifice eating 2 lose weight cuz then instead of losing weight u'll be faced wid loads of other problems and i dont think u wud want tat 2 happen

hannah
breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it keeps your mind going throughout the day... and it also boostes up your metabillism... and the reason dinner should be the lightest meal is because at the end of the day people start to slow down and relax and if you eat a big meal and dont do any physicsl activity you dont burn calories...

but you should not skip any meals... if i skipped one it would be lunch... but instead of not eating eat a very light meal with lots f water...

hope this helps

Lauren L
Rating
breakfast is necessary because it gets your metabolism started and your body working. from what i've been told if you don't eat breakfast your body burns fats and calories slower because it takes a while to get going until you give it energy. Also it is not good to skip meals or starve yourself, instead eat small proportion throughout the day such as a nutri-grain bar for breakfast, an apple with peanut butter around ten, a sandwich and orange for lunch and then a type lean meat for dinner. it is important to eat healthy but it is also important to watch how much you consume

jhoges
Don't skip ANY meals - you won't lose weight that way! Your metabolism will get sluggish and store any food you do eat as fat. For weight loss, eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, using healthy foods (go for low GI as these foods will keep you from feeling hungry and over eating).
Breakfast is super important as it kick starts your metabolism for the day, making sure your body burns energy efficiently throughout the day - if you eat a proper breakfast, balanced in carbohydrates (complex carbs), protein and good fats, then your appetite will also be easier to control, and you won't be likely to over eat later in th day.
Eating every 3 hours is pretty important for your metabolism and weight loss - so don't skip any meals or snacks - just make healthy choices when you do eat....Choose wholegrain breads, pastas and rices, lean meats, good fats like avocado and nuts, salad, veggies, and loads of fruit. good luck :)

Raghu v
we will slept all over night .of may 8hrs ..so the yesterday's dinner will digest in 4hrs by early mornig of present day, so the stomach will remain empty. that's the reason morning meal mandatory for all.

Stunner_cool
Rating
Break fast is very important because that is the food you are having after your dinner, i.e after almost after 12 hours. That's why it's called Break-Fast. You dont skip any thing. But decrease the intake of food.

avinash gautam
After dinner you not take any thing during whole night ....there is big duration between dinner and lunch so the breakfast is neccessry for any one. one should must eat something after every 6 hours.

For losse weight one should not require to skip anything such as lunch and dinner take both but in small quantity. and try to avoid heavy food , use calcium more in your daily dose.

rose c
Rating
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it provides essentials nutrients to our body to last for the whole day. After a good breakfast skipping lunch is OK but for the well being of the body three regular small meals a day will keep your body in good shape and health.

The Ranger
Rating
don't skip anything eat thrice a day.
Don't eat between meals.
Eat in correct proportions.
If you want to skip anything, eat less don't skip.

englishdude
you need to recharge your energy after a long night sleep where your body used those energy for healing, growing and maintenance.

sunil k
Rating
The healthy breakfast keeps us healthier this is said by Sunil, oh it's me. By taking breakfast we can reduce or evaluate our whole day's calorie. it's totally depend on the breakfast that what we are going to make our day wishy-washy by taking spicy or roasted food or making our day healther by taking healthier food.

Hummingnerd
Rating
I've heard this somewhere...

"Have Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like Pawn."

Having breakfast keeps you active all day.

If you really want to loose weight,.I recommend "wheatgrass powder". It did wonders to me. However, you have to follow the diet patterns for best results :)

jane t
Rating
u should not skip any of ur meals and have proper nutrition . if u skip any of ur meals it will affect ur health so u must have proper food and to loose ur weight u need to work out or go for a jogging or some exercise is better for loosing weight..

BalooO
I have been receiving a lot of e-mail lately about diet. In the past, I was never concerned about what I ate. I just went to the gym, trained hard, and that was the extent of my routine. Not until recently did I realize the power diet has over the way your body looks and performs. I believe that diet is at least 75% of the fitness equation. In this article, I'm going to describe in detail what I have learned about diet during my 12-week transition period.
When to Eat and How Often
This might sound strange, but you have to eat more often to lose fat and gain muscle. During my transition period, I never ate less than 6 meals a day.
• Try to eat every 2 to 3 hours.
• Do not eat complex carbohydrates after 6:00 p.m. or four to five hours before going to bed.
• Try to eat one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass on lifting days and .8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass on non-lifting days.
• Never eat more than 70 grams of protein in one meal.
Carbohydrates
When I think of carbohydrates, I think of energy. Carbohydrates supply our bodies with the energy it needs to make it through a workout. Without an adequate supply of carbohydrates, the body goes into carbohydrate deprivation. This is called a state of ketosis (meaning our body is using protein as energy). This is not a good state to be in for long because it will rob the body of muscle tissue in an effort to create energy. On the other hand, if too many carbohydrates are consumed, they convert into stored fat. The idea is to consume just enough carbohydrates to make it through our workouts with sufficient energy. I have broken down carbohydrates into these three categories:
• Simple carbs: These are sugars, or quick energy. They are absorbed very quickly into the body. Ex. Anything with sugar, also fruit
• Complex carbs: This is where you get long-term energy for the day. These are long chained carbohydrates that brake down slower, giving us energy over a prolonged period of time. Ex. Oatmeal, potatoes, pasta, rice, breads
• Fibrous carbs: These are things like vegetables. I think of them as roughage in order to stay regular. Make sure you include them in you later meals when you can't eat complex carbs. They are also a good source of vitamins. Ex. Leafy vegetables like lettuce.
Protein
Proteins are the building blocks of our muscles. Without a sufficient amount of protein in our diet, our muscles will not have the raw materials that they need to build up, or even hang on to what is already there.
Net protein utilization: Not all protein is created equal. Different foods are absorbed more than others. For example, egg white protein is absorbed at 88%. That means we get about 9 eggs to our muscles. On the other hand, chicken breast are absorbed at 68%, meaning we get about 7 breasts to our muscles. It is imported to eat a wide verity of protein foods though; no one protein source has all the amino acids we need.
• Whey protein (100%): the best source of whey protein is from protein supplements. It is also absorbed very fast by the body, so it is best to take this when your body needs amino acids quickly: like right after a workout or when you first get up in the morning.
• Egg whites (88%)
• Fish (78%)
• Chicken breast (78%)
• Soy protein: My one bit of advice would be to try and stay away from soy protein. It is not absorbed very well by the body.
Fats
We normally think of fats as being bad. The fact is certain fats are essential to building muscle and carrying out various functions of the body. There are 2 fat types we need to be concerned about:
• Saturated fats: these are the bad fats. Avoid these fats as much as possible. You will find these types of fats mostly in meats
• Unsaturated fats: these are the good fats. They are a good energy source and help us build muscle. You can find from plant oils. Peanuts are also a good source.
Water
Do not under estimate the importance of water! If you are looking to get lean, water will be your best friend. Drink as much as you can and as often as you can. Also, it is very important to drink lots of water when you're eating large amounts of protein to clean urea from the system.
Vitamins & minerals
As resistance training athletes, we have a greater need for vitamins & minerals. When we workout and bring blood to our muscles it is important that our blood is full of those essential vitamins & minerals if we want to grow.
Supplements
Supplements are just that, meaning they are used to supplement your diet, not replace it. Don't ever think of it that way.
Hierarchy of supplements:
I developed this hierarchy of supplements based on what I thought were the most important and also by price.
• 1. Proper diet: Without proper diet you are just wasting money on supplements. Start here! Do not think that supplements are going to do it for you alone.
• 2. Multi-vitamin & mineral: It is very important to have all your vitamins & minerals when resistance training. Most of us are lacking in some areas, make it a priority to make this your first supplement.
• 3. Protein powder: It is usually very hard to get all the protein you need from real foods. Powders make it much easier. Also, these powders are absorbed fast by the body making them ideal after workouts or before and after sleep.
• 4. Creatine: This is great for harder workouts. It also makes you muscles hang on to water, giving them a better environment to grow.
• 5. L-glutamine: This is an important amino acid in muscle recovery
• 6. Branch chained amino acid: These are great before and after workouts along with L-glutamine because it gives your muscles all the amino acids it needs to repair and grow.
• 7. ZMA: This helps you release more growth hormone while you sleep, increasing your size and strength.
• 8. Thermogenic: These really help in the fat loss process. They also help you hang on to more muscle while dieting due to the fact you can eat more.
• 9. Meal replacement: Although very expensive, meal replacements make it much more convenient to get some of your meals in. Also, you can get in more meals than if you were to eat only real foods.
"The golden hour"
Remember "The golden hour" because it will make things so much easier for you. "The golden hour" is a window of opportunity we have to get everything we have depleted in our body back in a short amount of time. Think of your muscles as a gas tank: When you workout, you use gas for energy or in this case glucose. After a workout, our muscles are in a unique state. They are able to fill back up very quickly leaving you full for the next workout. If you wait to long, your muscles don't fill back up as easily and the carbs you eat are more likely to be stored as fat. Doing this will also let you take advantage of insulin's muscle building effects from the simple carbs you have ingested. You want to ingest 50-75 grams of simple carbs right after a workout. Also, this is when you want to take your protein shake because it will absorb quickly and supply your muscles with the amino acids that they need.
Insulin
This is a very complicated subject, but all we need to know is that insulin can help us build muscle or can make us fat depending on the timing. Insulin is released by the pancreas in response to elevated blood sugar levels. We can achieve a high blood sugar level by ingesting simple carbs. Like "the golden hour" we have a window of opportunity to take advantage of the muscle building effects of the insulin without getting fat. We have about 4 or 5 hours after we workout to take advantage of insulin. If we take in too many simple carbs out of this window, we are very likely to store fat.
Cheat day
The theory behind the cheat days is you take one day every 2 weeks to eat anything you want and actually get leaner. It might sound crazy, but it worked for me. When you eat low carbs for a time for body begins to think it is not getting all the food it needs (because your not storing any fat) and begins to slow down your metabolism. When you bombard your body with food on that one day, it tricks your body into thinking it has all it needs and speeds your metabolism back up. I can tell you from experience, every day after a cheat day I felt leaner and looked better.
Ketosis
This is when your body uses protein for energy. This happens when we have too few carbs in the body or when we over train. I went into the state of ketosis for only the last week of my 12-week transition for a couple of reasons: (1) I wanted all of my muscles to shrink down so when I carbed back up, my skin would be tighter. (2) When you go into ketosis it seems to bring the water out from under the skin. Don't go into this state to loose fat. Without carbs your body can not burn fat effectively. You will loose weight rather quickly, but only because you don't have as much glycogen in the muscle. Also, you are simply loosing water. Remember that proteins are the building blocks for muscle and that means they are fair game for energy when in the state of ketosis. I would not recommend going into this state unless you are trying to get into a super ripped state for a short amount of time, like for a bodybuilding contest.

phantom
breakfast is important coz it is first meal of day.
nd i prefer u not to skip lunch,or dinner...take both of dem...bt less in quantity...nd avoid oily food nd junk one.

Koko V
without breakfast your brain can not concentrate on school, work,etc. And without breakfast you could get fat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Wouldn't want that to happen would we????????????

Bawn Nyntyn Aytetu
Rating
first of all, the name attributed to a meal is not accurately indicitive of the time it is eaten, or how it relates to your sleeping pattern, so I will not use terms like breakfast, lunch or dinner here.
The first major meal you eat each day should always be within the first hour after waking up, and that hour includes how long you spend lying in bed awake (for whatever reason).
The second major meal of each day should be between four and six hours after the first, regardless of the clock time.
The third major meal of each day should be between 4 and 6 hours after the second, and more than 4 hours before the moment you rest your finally head on your bed pillow for the night. This program allows for some leyway (breathing room) between when you have your meals relative to when everyone else eats, but if you're prescribed company eating times are outside these guidelines then they should bee providing you with the opportunity to take a brief break between your starting time and lunch time, and you should be using that opportunity to "tide you over" by eating a snack size meal.

ashka
Breakfast is very inportant because whole night we eat nothing.Starting of the day is very inportant.we can eat healthy breakfast.then we can skip lunch or dinner.If we skip lunch we can take dinner early.If we take lunch, we can skip dinner.in the place of dinner we can take fruits or suip.

love all
Rating
don't miss any meal.just keep them simple.

jennylyn
Rating
You shouldn't skip any meals. If you want to lose weight start eating healthier and exercising.

bilbobagsend
eat your cerale at dinner and breakfast you will lose weight whole graqins the way to go

-Tequila9+
Skipping meals has a good chance of making you GAIN weight.

Your body needs calories, if you stop the calories the body will "hold on" to the extra weight thinking it is starving.

Best to eat high-fiber, low fat, with plenty of water servings.

Weight Watchers teaches a person HOW to eat healthy.

Peace.

ahmed k
I n the morning it is breaking the fast after a sleep and rest of 6to10 hours.
Size and quantity of the meals can be controlled in break fast.
Skipping dinner or lunch is to be decided on the convenience of the person or on the basis of advice from a doctor.
Practise fasting from morning to evening without food and water in once a year like Ramzan fasting or fasting on selective days in a month etc are good for reducing weight
In some cases whatever be the technique applied there is little scope.
N aturopathy or some other methods shall be tested.
Any way wish you good luck to reduce weight.

Morgan S
Rating
its really important to eat breakfast because it gets your metabolism working in the morning. If you don't eat then your body won't burn any fat and you won't have any energy. If you want to lose weight yo shouldn't skip meals, you should eat 6 small (healthy) meals a day and get lots of exercise.

navi
breakfast is very important because it supplies your body with the energy it needs for the day, and so it is important not to skip it...
u should not skip any meals
if u want to se weight all u have to do is eat healthier, like dont eat junk food and candy, but instead eat bread, and soup and vegetables.... beans are also good because they are known to fill ur body up better than other foods....
hope this helps!!!

D.C.
Rating
IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT GET RID OF THE CARBS . INCREASE THE PROTEIN INTAKE IN PLACE OF CARBS , DRINK A LOT OF WATER OR YOU WON'T LOSE AS MUCH AS FAST . BUY 97% LEAN TURKEY OR CHICKEN LUNCH MEAT AND EAT ALL YOU WANT . IT'S ONLY 30 CALORIES A SLICE AND TRUST ME YOU WILL FILL UP FAST ON MEAT . YOU WILL FEEL FULL AND NOT THAT MANY CALORIES . BY DOING THIS IT WILL FORCE YOUR BODY TO BURN THE STORED FAT . NEVER EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING WITH ARTIFUSAL SWEETENERS THEY WILL MAKE YOU GAIN WEIGHT NOT LOSE IT , NO SODAS STAY ON WATER . ALSO TAKE MULTI-VIT. & MENERALS . IN FACT TO LOSE WEIGHT GO UP TO 4 OR 5 SMALL MEALS TO KEEP YOUR METOBLIZEM AT PEAK FAT BURNING CAPASSITY

Odd One Out
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because when you wake up after many hours of sleep your body needs energy to keep you awake and well throughout the day. Don't skip any meals! That's the absolute worst thing you could possibly do if you are trying to loose weight. The main key is to watch what you eat. Actually it is healthy to eat several small meals each day. Just keep active and eat healthy! =]

Summer...please come :(
Breakfast is soo important, I never used to eat it because I was so rushed. But its important because it speeds up your metabolism (so you'll ALREADY been burning fat...how amazing is that?) You also won't be overeating throughout the day...which is something that you don't want. DON'T SKIP MEALS! People might say lunch isn't important..etc....but it is! Every meal is. Eat 6 times a day(200-300 calories each meal) snack on veggies, and fruit. DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Then you will feel full faster. Make sure you're incorporating exercise too..that's really important.

Wish you the best xoxo

fray
Rating
breakfast is very important, it gets your metabolism working at the beginning of the day, so your body doesn't think that it needs to conserve energy because it isn't getting enough food. a big breakfast is just about the best thing you can do to loose weight.

As for skipping meals, you have to be careful about cutting down what you eat to loose weight, because it just convinces your body that it needs to maintain weight, and when you start eating properly you'll put the weight back on.

However a big dinner defiantly something you can avoid, try replacing it with a big lunch instead. it doesn't really make sense to eat a whole heap and then fall asleep so your body has nothing to do with all that energy. however if you cut down on dinner, then eat a bigger lunch.

I would never tell anyone to starve themselves, it's the worst thing you could possibly do, but the true is that i've lost over 25kg (55 pounds) by making lunch the main meal of my day. I also drink lots of green tea of a night, i'm not convinced it helps you loose weight, but it does fill you up, which prevents snacking.

Eating lots of small meals is probably the best thing, but not everyone can do that with their life style, it was never an option for me, otherwise that is certainly what i would do

Just remember there is nothing wrong with food! I love food, just look at when your eating it, the earlier in the day the better

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, May 9, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy