Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Is driniking daily plenty of water heathy?

Im sick of hearing about fat people!?
.i have a metabolism which prevents me from gaining weight. all these people who are over weight ,its simple stop eating ! put the chocolate bar down and get out the chair and exercise!no ...

How can i give up smoking cigarettes?
Anyone give any sound tips?
I desperately want to give up, but it is tremendously ...

Im 5''3 (5 feet 3 inches) and 13 years old how much am i supposed to weigh??

Has Anyone ever tried the....?
curves 6 week solution??

myh moms making me do it with her so that i can make her stick to it.... but i was wondering if i sdont go to the place and excersise and what not, how much would ...

Am I too fat to become a model?
I'm 5'7 and I weigh 129lbs....

Am i overweight?
im 13, 5'3 and i weigh about 114 lbs. am i an ok weight or do i need to loose some ...

Is it possible to lose 15lbs a month?
I want to lose 15lbs a month to eventually weigh in at 150lbs. I currently weigh 221lbs and I hope to lose 71lbs by the end of the summer which is approximatly 15lbs a month. How can I do this? I ...

Am I overweight?
I am 116 lb. I think I am overweight, and I'd like to be 100.
Additional Details
I am 170 ...

frogflight24
Does your body use fat calories from areas of your body in relation to muscles needing the energy?

quita
Rating
no

kristamin00
Rating
unfortunatly No.

sweetre2
no i dont think

malika k
Rating
no

mickjam
Sometimes, in cardio exercise, the body will use the energy from stored fat to provide the energy needed to complete the activity.
That's why exercise is so important. You should be exercising every day, and a large part of that should be cardiovascular exercise, to reduce fat deposits on your body and for growth of your muscles.

mello
Rating
No.

Little Chiro
Rating
No but it would be nice if it was true.

fitness guru
No

F
If you are a diabetic and your sugar levels stay high, your body WILL use your body fat for energy. This is dangerous and can cause death if sugar levels are not lowed. Over a few months of uncontrolled high sugar levels the body will feed on your fat cells, because the body cannot break down the glucose in the foods you eat. Regretfully diabetic girls will do this to lose weight rapidly.

In a normal body this does not happen, but to report that it is not possible is wrong. I hope this simply gives you insight.

umbrella103
muscle burns fat.

^^CuteBoy^^
Rating
No.. it will not use the fat from your body to your muscles one =X

lil_brat93291_559
Rating
nope

Steven L
Not sure but I wish it would use about half the fat calories from my butt

Liz
No. Where your body pulls from fat stores is genetically predetermined, so you can't spot reduce by using the muscles in your fattest areas. However, it does use carbohydrate stores (glycogen) from the muscles that are working. To burn fat, you need to burn more calories than you take in. The best way to do this is aerobic exercise and sensible eating. Over time, this will increase your body's overall ability to burn fat.
Good luck.

trumansri
Rating
yes it uses but only in certain conditions. when person is starving initially carbohydrate then protein sources of energy are used up.once one is deprived of that than only fat comes into field

hatchetmistress
I don't think so....I think that you need to burn your fat....we store fat.....I don't know...that is a hard question......I can't wait for the answer .....I know muscles burn fat

Emanuel G
Rating
if u siad yes man i belive u r wrong

EllisFan
Rating
no. it takes it from all over, evenly. you can't spot-target fat loss...thats why situps dont make your tummy flatter, they just tone the muscles. You have to do cardio to burn fat.

steve b
Rating
No.That isn't how it works.Look up "kribs cycle" it will explain the whole process of how the body uses up it's fat or "stored energy"
When the blood runs out of glucose the next place the body gets
energy from is the glycogen which is stored in the liver after you are out of that it starts using up fat from around your heart.This takes at least 20 minutes of burning energy to start.After you quit
working out your body still uses energy to replace the glycogen that you used up.

Danish
Rating
no zats not really true

rickymojo8
No, but this is a typical question that I get from many of my clients who come to me looking to burn the fat from their belly or the back of their arms. I think this myth is perpetuated by fad diets and fad exercise equipments and programs.

mr. buns
Rating
no

officer dan
yes

yogarani108
It doesn't really work that way. Calories are simply a measure of heat. Heat does not go only to the area of the body you want it to go to. Drink a hot drink, does only one part of you feel affected by the heat? Calories are like that, they are burned off in the entire body in relation to how much you eat and how active you are. If you eat a lot more than you can burn off you will gain weight, if you eat less than you burn off then voila, you are losing weight. The catch is that the body will lose weight first where it feels it can afford it. Belly fat is the last to go. You need specific techniques to keep the abdomen from jutting out. Sit ups don't help! You cannot really spot train, to reduce any particular area's weight. If you train the larger muscles with intensity, it will boost your overall calories burned, and you'll tone the body as you lose weight. Don't be too stuck on weight loss, as you train, you'll actually gain some weight, as muscle weighs more than fat.

Energy distribution is really not that specific. Energy goes everywhere, just like blood and breath, it feeds the body what it needs, and keeps on flowing where there are no obstructions to it's free movement. Where your energy is low, and there is an obstruction, new energy will not be able to penetrate the density.

Blessings,
Rani

beerwench33
Hmmm...interesting theory..But, I don't think so. Too bad it doesn't work that way.

MARINA C
Rating
the answer is absolutely no...

mane
Rating
ur question is not very clear

The Gasconni
Rating
Pf course not.They take in the fat in relation to WHEN it was stored.You see,fats are digested by our body into fatty acids and glycerol.The fatty acids are the problem;the more fat you eat,the more of it gets under your skin.If it's not used up after a long time,the body decides it needs more space to put even more fat.So,it converts that fat into solid fat,which takes up less space,but is harder to burn.Then after an even longer period of time,the body needs even MORE space,so it compacts or joins together the molecules of these solid fats to form cellulose,which as we all know is HELL to burn off.So,the body takes out the easiest of the three fisrt,liquid fats,followed by solid fats,then cellulose,in order of which is easiest to convert into energy for the least energy cost.Simple.

Rachel N
Rating
I am not usre. But i am sure google can help you or yahoo of course!

louie
Rating
sorry bro the answer is nope!

waywrdsun
No. "Spot training" as it is called, doesn't work for removing fat from specific areas. You can tone the muscle in a specific area, but fat is removed as your body sees fit... sorry.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy