Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fat???? please tell me the truth!!!?
i'm 14 yrs old and i'm 5'3 and i weigh 122 lbs. how much weight should i lose...i'm thinking like 10 pounds? please tell me the truth
Additional Details

I am starving myself to lose weight. How long will it take me to lose 15 pounds?

Any dieting tips,or foods that will help me lose weight?
Any suggestions and tips are welcome....

Do you think im fat (pic) ?
this me on holiday do i need to loose weight????

http://i285.photobucket.
http://i285.photobucket....

Am i a fatty?
okay i am a twlve year old girl with a six pack but i feel like a total fatty sometimes. is is possible to have a six pack and be fat??

okay well im 125 lbs and 5ft 7

i play ...

How do I lose weight around the house?
It's hard for me to get out of the house, mostly because I'm not supposed to leave when my mom i snot home, which is a lot of the time. So I never have the chance to go outside and play ...

My boyfriend says he is going to leave me if I don't lose 3 lbs...any diet suggestions?

Additional Details
He weighs me each morning.

I'm 5'5, so 105 is my limit....

I am 5 ft 6in and 155lbs does that make me overweight?

Additional Details
I am in between the age of 9 and 15...

How many calories should I eat per day?
I weigh 190 and want to lose weight. How many calories should I intake? I go to the gym everyday and run on the elliptical for 60 minutes....

Does eating a potato chip count as eating a vegetable?

Is 110 pounds normal for a person at exactly 5 feet tall?
Friends in my school are about 140-180 pounds at near my height, and they are everywhere. Should I excercise more and eat healthier foods?...

Am I overweight?
I am 5'4" and I weigh 160 lbs. Is that too much?...

My 11 year old daughter has iron deficiency.We are vegetarians.What foods do you recommend?

Should i become anorexic? I am 13 and overweight. I am at the point where the risks don't matter to me anymore
I am done. I will not live my life overweight! I am 13 years old and i want to look the way i want to. I am tired of the one pretty--also very skinny--girl at my school getting all the attention from ...

What's someting you eat or drink atleast once everyday?
BESIDES water :)...

Does this sound normal or do i need to see a doctorr.?
i'm 14 and i've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks unintentionally, i've also been feeling really tired all the time and idk why.
i've checked my bmi and it says i'm ...

Height....?
does loosing weight help u get taller?...

Do you really think they use rats for chinese food?
I mean i have heard for many years to be cautious of Chinese food. and many years of jokes about chinese people feeding us rats as chicken. I have even seen photos in china of them skinning the rats ...

What r the best ways to lose weight fast?
i'm 5'3, 137, and i want to get down to 125 maybe 120.
Additional Details
my family and i r health nuts. we never have junk ...

I'm a 15 year old girl on a 680 calorie a day diet to lose 15 lbs from 132 how healthy is this and any tips?
Hi, I’m Maggie and I’m a 15 year old, 5'6" girl from Iowa. My basketball coach wants me to lose 15 more pounds down from 132 pounds. I'm in great shape and run about a 6 min mile ...

Joy K
Am i underweight???
I am 5 foot 5.5 inches and weigh 108 pounds, I am 19. Reading a lot of posts this is the normal weight for a younger teenager of about 14, so i am now a bit worried. I don't even look THAT thin though, My arms definitly are not skinny, and i 100% do not have a flat stomach these things make me want to loose weight but im thinking i shouldnt so i am a bit confussed, HELP!! please remember that i do have a bit of a belly and average sized arms so telling me to put on a few pounds won't please me!!! thanks in advance!

ihatelife, dont ask y, plz
well, i think that u should do what u think is right, cuz right now, thats pretty normal, if u want 2 know wat under weight is, my bro iz 6 and he weighs 45 lbs, about 10-15 lbs under weight, so, u should just think about how u want ur self 2 look

fOamy•
Rating
To determine if you are underweight, average, overweight, you need to use a Body Mass Index BMI Calculator.

This determines that information based on your height, sometimes age, and weight.

BASED ON THE INFORMATION ABOVE:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 108 lbs
BMI: 17.4

The border between "underweight" and "normal" is 18.5, so you are not that bad. However even though you are underweight and you do not look it -- as you say -- you might have trouble with pregnancy, or dealing with cold weather, etc. If you want to flattan your stomach, I suggest pilates, as you do not loose that much weight and you still get a flat tummy. You should aslo try to gain a few so that you are in the normal range. O and I had to round off the 5' 5 1/2" to 5' 6" because they do not carry height in halfs for BMI.

NORMAL RANGE:
Height:5;"6
Weight:115
BMI: 18.6

BMI Calculator: http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/tl/cl/bmi/bmi.jsp?UserSource=yahoo&Campaign=TOOLS&AdGroup=BMI_CALC&LinkType=search&Creative=01&KeyWord=bmi_calculator

Strainge, I yahoo'ed BMI Calculator and got a weight watchers link hmmmmm

Megan
I think you are fine.
The posts that you are reading are just an average.
If you feel healthy and know that you aren't starving or hurting yourself; you are FINE.
You are a pretty tiny person, as am I. And we just tend to weigh less, because we have less "bady mass", per-say.
:)
So, relax.
And if you are really worried about it, talk to your doctor!
:)

CRG
Rating
I think you should ask someone that can see you, even though you don't think your fat, you are used to how you look, you need to ask someone that you know.
For your height you should weigh somewhere between
115-125lbs.

Health mainly depends on how you eat and exercise, no matter your weight you should always eat healthy and excercise.

sam
Your BMI is 18 which is considered underweight. However, it's not THAT bad, healthy is 18.5 to 24.9 BMI. My suggestion would be to tone your arms and tummy, but put on a few pounds in general, that way you will have both a flatter tummy and a healthier body.

Muffin Queen
Yes, you are underweight. Your BMI (body mass index) is under 18.5, and therefore you are underweight. (With your BMI currently at 18.)

I suggest you consult a nutritionist to help you gain weight, and improve your body image. Honey, I know you don't want to put on 10 pounds, but it really is for the best. No one wants you to be fat; just healthy, and another ten pounds isn't going to make you fat.

Rebekah D
I think you weight is FINE! Maybe it's just that everyone else needs to loose weight and you're normal!!!! :D

Wintermute
if you're healthy and happy then you're at the right weight for you. these things depend on your body type as well as height age etc. you arent super tall so i think 108 sounds fine. especially if you're an ectomorph!

elizabeth v
Rating
You are quite light for your height, but you are only 19, so may have a little growing yet to do (until you are 21ish).

When I was your age, I weighed about the same. That didn't change until I had my first child at the age of 35! I am a couple of inches shorter than you are. Women tend to reach their optimum height and average weight at the age of 14, and clothing manufacturers stop at age 14 for children's clothes and start sizing for women at this point.

Don't diet, do take an exercise class to tone and shape what you have. Doesn't need to be high-impact aerobics though! If you can't take a class, at least work on your posture (Pilates or Alexander Technique are great for this) so that you learn to stand correctly. Arms and tums can be worked on specifically, but a whole-body exercise will make you feel better about yourself. If you really get into exercise, most likely you will end up heavier, as muscle is denser than fat or flab.

Jilly the fighter
Please don't lose weight.

it all depends on your bone structure as well. If you have a small frame then that weight might be ok though it seems a little low. I would eat a little bit more and exersice with weights. That will tone up your arms and belly and get you at a good weight.

krazy
Rating
post a picture to get a better idea well you prob have a fast working matabolism just go to your doc and see what he says and id try to work out cuz muscle is heavier then fat

Court
Rating
just go to the doctor and see what they say

~ Bubz ~
Rating
According to this source (link below) you should be between 120 - 160 so Yes you are under weight. However I would suggest hitting the gym and eating a lot more healthy foods, oppose to eating more junk food.

1. Tone trouble areas in your question
2. Build body mass, strength which in turn will put you over 120 and you will be smoking.....

Remember if you start working out you MUST eat more other wise your body weight will drop even more and you might be putting yourself in a dangerous position. Eat lots of high protein low fat foods like fish, red meat, chicken breasts, egg whites. keep your water fluids up 8 - 10 glasses a day and look at protein work out shakes to replenish and keep your energy up. I would also suggest multi vitamins as your body levels are probably low right now.

Hope this helps. Remember Safety first don't ever hesitate to seek professional advice if you feel you need closure or guidance on a topic.

dude!
dont skip any meals, try to eat alot of beef, it helps.

El Jefe
If you feel good about yourself and feel healthy witch is most important then dont even worry about it.

Sophyyy--x
www.bmi.com

eenie
Rating
i suggest that you just try to eat right and exercise and then you'll gain some wieght in muscle you know?? and you'll be healthier

SHAR") [really wants him]
no i weight less than you and i am 5:7

Please
Rating
I think its ok

"12 to 14 Moonshine"
Rating
"Wont please you?" What do you think you are? The queen or something? We dont HAVE to answer your question! I had an opinion, but I decided not to share it, next time, try to be nicer...

Alpha Male
5'5", 108 pounds isnt under weight. If you was to tone your stomach, you can do that without dieting. Cardio training and some ab routines will flatten your stomach. Dont cut your diet, just try to cut SOME (not all) carbs out of your diet to better help firm your stomach.

Aliz
You are a bit underweight so don't diet. Exercise will do more for you. Find some that will tighten the stomach muscles.

Jordii
no your not!!! I'm 18 and i weigh the same.. the average weight is actually kinda a more chunky girl! i weighed 100.. for a while.. and i honestly loved it but if your gonna diet DO IT RIGHT!! don't loose the weight in a ridiculous, or drastic way!

EVERYONE TELLING YOU TO GAIN WEIGHT... probably weighs more than you and their jealous

Troy E
Your a little less then average, but its not about how thin you are, its what percentage of that is fat, and what percentage is muscle. If you gain muscle you'll gain wait more then if you gained fat. If anything start doing more strength training.

Antonia
Rating
I think you are a great weight for your height, im 5'2" and 102 The average person is overweight (medically proven) so dont compare yourself to the average.

christina
im 5 foot 7 and i only weigh 99 pounds so i mean you dont need to do anything

tazcat
you probably dont have enough muscle.muscle weighs more than fat so even if you dont look skinny you can still weigh light.so my advice is to eat 3 times a day and lift weights once a day,but dont overdo it

Ya Ya
excersize. you definately don't need to lose weight, just firm up what you have. muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space

good luck

GoodgirlgoneBad
Rating
I have the same problem, but I love it! Look at this as a good thing, I can be a model! I can eat all types of foods and not gain a pound! I am 5'5 105lbs and I am 21yrs old! I love my body, but sometimes being too skiny can be equivalent of being to fat! Love Yourself for how God made you!

The WingHunter
Sounds good to me
yer fine
dont put on weight
instead do some weightlifting and walking
to tighten up

firehiker
I dated a girl that was exactly that...5.5, 108...and she was from 17 until 23...when we stopped dating. You are just fine; don't let things you read...numbers and such, get you worried. Eat healthy, get moderate exercise, and just have fun in life being yourself!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.464
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy