Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What is good for a toothache? I've used oragel and mouth wash, doen't work..any ideas?

My DENTIST kissed me, "What should I do"?
I went to see my dentist because my wisdom tooth was bothering me. He told me that he would extract the tooth.
He froze my mouth and I was apprenhensive as to whether or not I would feel the ...

Is it hard to talk with braces?
I'm just wondering whether it is hard to talk with braces on?

Like... will I talk funny? :S...

I have a very bad tooth ace , i can not afford to go to the dentist right now, what can i use for the pain?
I took Motrin 800 .It kind of help....

I accidentally swallowed the wax for my braces! HELP!!! I NEED ANSWERS QUICK!!?
I just swallowed a pinch of wax a while ago. Is the wax safe if swallowed? Is it something to worry about?? I don't wanna get poisoned. =(...

Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]...

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

What colors should i get for my braces?
ok i am going to the orthodontist soon for like the one millionth time and i need color suggestions!
the color combos i already used were:
pink and black
orange and green
red and ...

When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums ...

Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which ...

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Mandy
Help! I am getting braces!
I am getting braces, and I need some advice on how to deal with them. Help me out?

(*_Cheerleader_*)
lol im wondering the same lol get mine august 12 here is a site for colors http://drjohnking.com/BracesSelector.html and u can check out my Qs about braaces i mite help ya sum!!!!!!

Kwuakles
Listen to your orthodontist!

Kyle D
Rating
im getting mine off in another week. for the first few days they will hurt, but from then on you will get used to them and the date that you will get them off will go by very fast.

Good luck!!

tealeaftree
Rating
How to deal with them? do you mean how to take care of them or how to make them stand out less? If you are talking about how to make them stand out less, i suggest getting white braces. I've never had braces before (but i may need them later, not looking forward to it) but I've noticed that when people get color, especially "rainbow" it's a real eye-sore. That's pretty much the only thing that you can do about them unfortunately, but i guess the other option is invisiline? Sorry, i don't know if that helped but good luck.

LexiLoveLust<3
Rating
well brush your teeth alot, carry one of those pipe cleaner looking things with you all the time[ they usually have them at the ortodontist]. those help get stuff out of your teeth. use wax for pokey wires but not for a long time you should go get the pokey wires un pokey lol. yeah no whiting tooth past gum or mouth wash. i cheewed gum and it didnt stick to my braces so you can if your heart disires :] other than that they talk to you alllll about it after they put them on. and when you get them tightined your going to need alott of pain killers and proably will lose 5 pounds each time, [you wont be able to eat]. MOST OF ALLL THOUGH.... wear your retainer after you get your braces of!!!!! seriously your teeth will move and all that pain and time will go to watse wear it everynight for the rest of your life, no joke
:]
happy braces

advicegiver25
just make sure you brush and floss a lot. And do not chew gum or any other sticky candy. Good Luck too. Oh and their not that bad. You are on your way to a pretty healthy looking mouth!

sharbear36
Patience and know that the outcome makes it all worth it. There is going to be pain but there is tylenol or advil for that. My son just got his off and my daughter just got the spacers put in so she can get started. Everybodys process is soooo different. My son had 12 teeth pulled, my daughter needs none out so it's so different.

Good Luck and your going to have a beautiful smile!

Tahockey
brush your teath after meals, (its really gross when theres food stuck in someones braces when your talking to them.
umm.....you'll get to have your own tricks and all w/how your brush....
smile, dont worry about having braces cause its really weird when people try to hide their braces....and you'll wish you didnt when your older

Krystl B
Rating
they really dont hurt all that bad and if ur worried about ppl making fun of u trust me its not as bad as ppl say it is and if it does hurt just take some ib profen or something

JAWS101spielberg
your dentist will give you wax (NOT candle wax) to put on your brakets, this will help you)
It's going to feel like a horse with regins in your mouth! You might cry (i did the same thing) and you make want to take several/one

-Tylenol
-Advil

for pain.... ice cream sometimes help. Don't sweat it! It's no big deal, you'll get used to them in less than 7 days!

Roxanne M
Yea i have braces too... Toothpicks...

Megan
its really nothing do "deal with" youll get used to it after a month and forget they are there make sure you brish and floss good and dont bite on pencils!

Tom
Rating
Buy an antenna for your head so you get good reception.

bigcneibauer14
ummmm, you just deal with them, people ***** and moan too much about how they hurt so bad, to me they hurt for maybe 1 day at the most.

Sidney.
ok i never had braces but my sister did so yeah.

before u go in take a tylenol or wutever.
when eating pizza or burgers always cut it up and chew with ur back teeth.
dont eat CHEETOS!!
it looks disgusting afterwards.
i personally dont like the colored braces unless thats what u want to do.
clear look the best.
carry ur toothbrush with u everywhere.
brush twice and day and be sure to get between ur teeth and the strings.
dont always rub ur gums or tongue on them cuz u could get it caught on there.
and it looks painful.

Lauren
Rating
Everyone is different as far as pain but I would suggest only drinking liquid for the first day or two as your getting used to them and as much as it may hurt brush your teeth because it actually helps with the pain and if you have really bad pain take an Advil. Good luck!!

=)!♥
dont eat hot (temperature) foods or hard foods.

-Laura-
seriously i have braces and it is not that bad at all!!!
I mean think about it when you get then off you;ll have beautifully straight teeth!
Sure it hurts for the first few days but nothing pain killers cant do.
And when you've got them no1 even cares!

i♥youu.
Rating
uggh.to me other people have been telling me braces hurt and when they eat you can't really eat proper because you knw they hurt so bad people with big teeth and have braces can't really shut or close there mouths real good;hope you dont have that.but yes getting braces is a pain in the neck ive been there and done that trust me.

Crush
I am getting braces too! I have just been asking my friends with braces about them. The only thing I am worried about is it making my voice slurr, cause I really like singing but I don't want it to mess up my singing voice =[ Good Luck Though!

atomicmint2006
Rating
Don't pick at the metal braces. Clean them thoroughly. ***** thoroughly that you didn't get invisoline because the orthodontist claims that they aren't durable (a lie, my metal braces broke incredibly often).

greygal13
Rating
magnets don't stick in them.
So, for maybe a week, eat soft, cold foods (slushies, melted ice cream, ect.)
Braces aren't too bad! You will feel a bit of pain, but soon, you won't even feel they are there!
Good luck!!!

bryan
eventually, you wont even notice they're on you, but for the time being, cold ice cream helps some of the pain (if you have any) and always keep some wax in case anything starts to feel abrasive or poke you.

INDER M
You should have brush ur teethes regularly with Oral B intradental brush thrice, specially made for brushing braces. A good mouthwash u need following the brushing helps you.

babybaby
dont use the wax.
DO WHAT THE ORTHODONTIST SAYS! like wearing rubberbands and stuff. i know its annoying but you'll get them off much sooner.
just do it!!!!

oddsandendsrule
Rating
I have braces, top and bottom, and they're no big deal, really. They take a while to get used to, sometimes you drool a bit, but other than that, you should be fine.

Also, brushing your teeth becomes a pain, but floss and brush as your orthodontist recommends. It's better than getting cavities and permanently stained teeth.

The wax they give you is useless, throw it away.

Follow the food guides. You get used to that as well, and lose your taste for the foods that are forbidden to you.

Good luck with them!

Bella
carry your wax with you where ever u go :) have a mirror with u too at all times to check if u have something in ur braces :D

Jewles
Rating
Don't eat candy if you do brush your teeth.

You'll be fine. They'll be off soon a few years at the most. Oh take a few pain killers after. It hurst a little.

Lee R
embrace them and also stick magents to them COOOOOOL

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy