Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do you know if u need braces?

Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥...

What colors should i get for my braces?
ok i am going to the orthodontist soon for like the one millionth time and i need color suggestions!
the color combos i already used were:
pink and black
orange and green
red and ...

When is the best time to brush your teeth?
Is it bad to brush them straight away after you've eaten?
Additional Details
i brush them 6 times a day but will it ruin my gums ...

Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which ...

How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

swish
I’m having a wisdom tooth pulled out tomorrow, anything I can do to make the pain bearable?
Apart from enjoying a good meal before having the procedure because I might not be able to eat anything else for the whole day.

del
Rating
it wont hurt at all if you dont turn up for appointment

Sam
Rating
Take 4 Advil Liqui-Gels about an hour before your procedure. This will help quite a bit.
~

Laurie K
Ask your dentist for nitrous oxide beforehand, then for a prescription for vicodin or tylenol for after wards. Sometimes putting a warm, soaked tea bag where the tooth used to be also helps, although I don't know why. Ask your dentist, he'll be able to help you best.

Good luck, and remember, the pain does go away!

Mr Chops
TRY A BOTTLE OF PARACETOMOL AND WASH IT DOWN WITH A BOTTLE OF VODKA AND NEVER FEEL PAIN AGAIN

Mrs D
Rating
a friend of mine just had all of hers out, she took paracetemole tablets with codein, she said the pain was relieved but be careful not to take more than the recommended dose ;o)

irenecooke2004
Buy some syndol for tension headaches because they have relaxation effect and they should make you feel calm.

Bmp1ksh
Rating
the pain is very over exaggerated.... i had to go back to work the same day after having my two top ones out together (not my choice may i add) the pain is OK, its just uncomfortable, and everything tastes of blood, but once you can take the cotton wool out of your mouth (30 - 40 Min's) you will be fine, my advice after that would be to gargle with salt water, and go to bed.... much better the next day.....

IF it is the top ones your having out.... they are no where near as bad....

Medusa
Its not really that bad... take a couple of panamax and go to sleep for a few hours, you'll be right. Good luck!

nightsong
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. And not all at once. And I can tell you that it's really not that bad!!! It will be as easy, or as bad as you make it! I could write a book on how you could, But the only one who can is you.

bad tooth
Rating
take a brufen 400mg half an hour before the appt.

leex
Rating
get very drunk after

kattsia
Rating
I was one of the lucky ones and had absolutely no pain, during or after. My oral surgeon gave me IV Valium when peroforming the extraction and I was pretty much 'out of it'. He gave me a prescription for pain medication, which I had filled, but I never needed any. Good luck, I hope it is the same for you.

surajit
Rating
it's not really that painful. the anesthesia takes care of the pain and in about a couple of days you will forget you even had an operation.

Andrea
Rating
You will probably be just fine. It's way in the back and you have enough teeth (I think) to chew on.

Sexy Red
Rating
Hi ive had 4 wisdom teeth out all in one but i was put asleep for this procedure.I did find once the injection had wore off i was in alot off pain this is probably because i had all 4 out at once.So hopefully you wont be as bad.I did take regular pain relief Ibrufen every 4 hrs,drank plenty off warm drinks no food thou,and went to bed early with a hot water bottle.By the next morning i felt alittle better but still had some discomfort in my mouth a aching pain especially in the jaw.Just take it easy for a day,watch what you eat soup is ok,and drink plenty.If you have some blood loss,apply a small compress in the gap,hopefully your dentist will give you some extra pads.Good Luck

newy
i remember when i had all 4 out, it wasn't too bad,until the dog jumped up and hit my chin. then it hurt!

rosesrred
Rating
when I got mine pulled the the oral surgeon gave me vikoden which helped and I put an ice pack on my cheeck to reduce swelling
Good Luck! It's really not that bad.

redwidow
Rating
I had all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed at the same time and was awake for the whole thing.Well I passed out twice but novacaine killed any pain. I had no real pain from it. Uncomfortable as far as the strange feeling of having 4 teeth gone but just eat soft foods and relax. It's not painful.

NHedlund
Rating
See if you can get a strong medication. If afterward you tell him your pain level on a scale of 1 to 10 he will give you what he thinks is appropriate. Also keep ice on it if you can. The pain you will have will be cause by inflammation and the ice will help with that and could possibly shorten your healing time.

SALLY D
Rating
Just take paracetamol for the pain and Ibobrufen for the swelling.

I'm sorry but you may be like this for more than one day...the second day will be the worse.

jamjan100
Take at least one gram of Vitamin C with biofavinoids to aid healing.
And some Painkillers.

babydoll
Rating
I just had mine out a week ago today. The pain really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yes, you will be sore, but the dentist should be giving you some sort of pain killer. Mine gave me percoset, but vicodin is a very common one too. You'll be able to eat, just nothing too hard that you have to chew much. Things like apple sauce, jello, or mashed potatoes are great. You'll be fine, its scary, i know, but its not as bad as you think. Good luck!

drrahim@markvilledental.com
Rating
You could take 800 mg of Advil that's 4 tablets of regular strength Advil about 2 Hrs before the procedure. Just make sure that you are not taking any other medications that may interfere with the Advil

IC
Rating
Try to get a good nights sleep and be as relaxed as you can before you visit the dentist. Plan something to keep you occupied afterwards. You will probably need painkillers but they might make you numb and you need something to distract you from the pain.

nettyone2003
Rating
The dentist should numb it for you but if you are nervous (like me at the dentists) he/she can give you an injection that doesn't quite knock you out - for instance you can respond to directions like 'pen your mouth' - but afterwards you won't remember anything and will feel like you have been asleep. I can recommend this! However you do have to plan this with your dentist in advance and will need someone to drive and accompany you.
You shouldn't get much pain afterwards - paracetamol should suffice.

Good luck :)

Jane S
Rating
ask your doctor for Tramadol they are very effective painkillers

hallam_blue
Rating
It ain't that bad: nurofen / paracetamol combo works.

Rhia18xx
Unfortunatley there isnt anything you can try to make the pain bearable when having a tooth extracted, luckily the dentist will freeze you up with some anaesthetic before pulling the tooth out so you wont feel any pain during the procedure but you will feel pressure as the tooth is being wiggled about, after the tooth has been extracted you will be numb for about 5 hours, make sure you take some paracetamol before the numbness wears off as the paracetamol will of kicked in by then, make sure you have something to eat before visiting the dentist though as the adrenaline in the anaesthetic can sometimes make you feel rather sick if you have it on an empty stomach.

Hope for the Best
Rating
I had 3 taken out. I had a local anaesthetic too. So I could go home afterwards! Make sure you eat well befor because later you won't like to. Make sure they stitch you up properly later. They left a bit dangling inside my mouth which irritated me for days and I eventually pulled it out myself!! Good Luck!

kimblil
Rating
got it done last year. not as bad as i thought. i heard lots of horror tales but really you'll be fine. good luck

hushnowjustplayit
Rating
Having a wisdom tooth extracted is not always a painful experience. It depends on the tooth itself and the skill of your dentist.

The best thing to do is to tell your dentist that you don't want to have to endure a lot of pain and ask them to write a prescription for you for post-extraction discomfort.

Sleeping when you get home is the best thing you can do. They will probably tell you not to eat or drink anything for a certain time period. That's because the empty socket needs to form a blood clot and you definitely don't want that to come out because it protects the tissues and nerve where the tooth used to be. For that reason you also don't want to lift anything for 24 hours after the extraction either as that could pop the clot out.

A hot water bottle on your cheek may help as it will increase blood flow to the area. I don't recommend a heating pad as you will probably fall asleep and that could be dangerous.

Just remember it will steadily get better. Sleep or distract yourself and you will be fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy