Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

buenotachica
I have a very bad tooth ace , i can not afford to go to the dentist right now, what can i use for the pain?
I took Motrin 800 .It kind of help.

discorphi
put some clove oil.it will help.

onepoho
toothache is probably caused by an infection..do any of your friend have any extra antibiotics laying around.. it doesnt matter what kind they will all work to some degree. double dose for the first 2 days and keep taking and anti inflammatory like aleve and ibuprofen. be careful tho cause the anti biotics can cause diarrhea but its only for a short time..try biaxin, keflex, amoxicillan, ampicillan any of the cillians or a z-pac...Lodine (extodolac)is an anti inflam mainly for muscles but if any of your friends have them it can work for your mouth as well.
nurse lizzie is here for ya!

Roovs
Rating
Bonjela!

BRICK
clove oil is good, but not for abcess. rinsing with mouthwash can ease toothache a little, sometimes. Anti inflammatories are good for dental pain, you can also alternate this with paracetamol for better pain control, need to be careful not to overdose though. Alternatively you could try a painkiller containing codiene( very effective usually).

Ania K
Rating
you can use these remedies for now....but if you continue soon a cavity will turn into a root canal which will need to be capped (will need a crown). what would you rather do, payments for a filling, or root canal-build up-and crown??????? think it through. what may save you now, may cost you big time later........get it checked out asap!! especially if it keeps you up at night (it maybe a definate root canal)...but good luck

Tom H
ANBESOL

Jenny
Rating
ummm,Motrin 800mg is only prescribed by the Dr. and You can but it over the counter, ie:)Ibuprofin (Advil/Motrin) But You probably can't afford this either if u can't afford the DR, (duh) no offense! Response for other responder. My husband uses crushed asprin, makes into a paste and puts directly on tooth in pain. Heat like from a warm cloth or heat pad works too.There are many community clinics that take patients with no insurance on a sliding fee scale that goes by income. This is your best bet. get out the phone book and look under your county and their should be clinics or contact a welfare agency for a referral. This may be hard to swallow,(where your pride is concerned)just do it for yourself. The pain will be gone and so will your worries!!! I hope this helps.--- mom in mich.

scoutsagirl
Rating
A cotton ball dipped in clove oil (you can find in a local natural foods store) and wrapped around your painful tooth can help to numb some of the pain. However, that's only a temporary measure...you need to find a way to get to the dentist soon. If you have an abscessed tooth and need a root canal, the pain will get much, much worse (trust me..I've had 3!) before it gets better.

sunshine_today
Rating
Ask a dentist if they will do payments. I was in your situation a while ago and it turned out the aching tooth needed a root canal. If that is the case for you, the pain will only increase, so the sooner the better on that visit to the dentist.

Twistedfirestarter
Rating
A good natural remedy would be clove oil, but I prefer a bottle of whiskey.

mscheif29
Rating
ok, first of all go to the local emergency room, they cannot turn you away because you cant pay, it could be an ear infection as someone else already stated or it could be a problem with a tooth, either way a trip to the er isnt gonna cost you now(pay later, set up a plan)and could most likely help alot. also since you are on limited funds the best things are really cheap, warm salt water and baby aspirin(less than 1.99 a bottle) swish your mouth with warm salt water a few times(this really does help my hubby has dry socket and it even helped relieve some of that pain)and then dissolve 4-8 BABY aspirin on the tooth one at a time.Good luck

john_killebrew
you need anti-biotics to knock the infection down,sometimes it won't recur for a couple of months,in the interim you may be losing any chance to save the tooth.

cutiepie11wi
Rating
i heard that placing cloves in the mouth works wonders for tooth aches.

Aminah
u can have Oragesic...its good one

concerned
Rating
Take a asprin and hold it on the tooth unil it dissloves. It will help for a while.

katzy691
Rating
oragel will kinda numb it for a bit... then you can take tylenol three if tylenol works for you. Alieve will also work well.

daisylane
usually toothaches do not go away on their own. You'll have to visit the dentist eventually. Might as well call around in your area and find one that can get you in quickly and will take payments. Try Orijel (I can't spell it)...it'll help, but not much. And that is going to get worse before it gets better. Good luck.

hippyju
Rating
the stuff dentists use for numbing the pain is called Novocaine.

If you can obtain any at all, this is very effective in relieving tooth pain.

Cocaine works just as well, just rub a bit into the affected area - although it is illegal so I don't recommend you do this (, really..)

Find a pain killer with '...CAINE' on the end will work very well, as it is a good pain number

:)

madamspud169
Rating
Teething gel
Oil of cloves
Swish neat whisky etc round your mouth then spit it out
Painkillers
Something warm like a hot water bottle

I find that a couple of decent painkillers with some teething gel rubbed on the gums and a wrapped hot water bottle pressed against my cheek works wonders

hotrdh1
The clove oil technique is questionable but wont hurt. The anbesol and asparin on the tooth, will not help. They will cause tissue damagae and nothing more. The motrin will take the edge off and manage any swelling. DO NOT USE HEAT. If you have infection, heat will cause it to spread and could lead to SERIOUS complications that could result in hospitalization. You need to call a dentist. To go in for an emergency exam and xray should be under $75. At this time, they will prescribe antibiotics and pain meds (most likely, it sounds like you are infected{abscess}). At this appointment, they will tell you what needs done, how much it will cost and payment options. If finances are that bad, seek out help from a local dental school or health department. Good Luck.

jmminnc
Rating
Is there a school of dentistry near you there may be a free clinic there. You should have it look at. To make sure it`s not an abscess.

jtaylor3030
you may have an ear infection.
I have had a feeling of sore toothe
and it ended up being an ear infection.

bigjohn
Rating
Place your thumb on a table and hit it with a hammer! That should take care of the tooth pain for a while!

Diana C
Try clove oil applied directly to the tooth along with the Motrin or try Aleve, it sometimes works better depending on the cause of the pain such as a crack, abcess or exposed nerve.

kalob13256
Rating
I woke up this morning from a hefty toothache i took 2 ibuprofen and some antibiotics i happen to have "in case". but there is something called hurricane and you get it at the pharmacy it about 8 bucks here in ny but it works so well even your vocal cords go numb. just use a q tip to put a big ol glob in your mouth. also try a heating pad to your face i know ice sends me thru the roof.

littlesuthernmom
Try some Anbesol. It takes like crap, but it helps! :)

BR546
Get some of the mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide in it. And find the money to go to the dentist. The longer you put it off, the more expensive it will be to fix the problem because it is only going to get worse, and the more painful it will become!

vaj17
Rating
try your local pharmacy they'll have something that might help.

wispiepaws
Rating
Take 2 aleve every 12 hours. Numb the tooth with ambesol applied with a q-tip directly to the tooth.

3 times a day brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with a strong mouthwash, like listerine.

Also, to help kill the infection or at least keep it from advancing, wash your mouth out with a strong salt water solution a minimum of 3 times a day till you can get to a dentist. (4 tablespoons of salt to 1 cup of hot water.) Swish the solution around your mouth like you would any mouthwash but try to keep it in as long as you can stand it.

To find cheap, inexpensive dentistry check with your local Health Services Clinic. They can often reccomend someone or point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

ascarta2
well for short term you can get some of the stuff they put on kids teeth when they are coming in, I dont remember the name. look in any drug store and you will find it. I would recommend you get this taken care of as it will only get worse.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy