Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

MaiMai**T
Chewing gum with braces...?
What would happen if I chew gum with braces??Will anyone else notice I was chewing gum??
Thanks =]

kylemcentee
haha no just dont chew bubble gum. any other gum is fine. and whatever they say not to eat.. Ice cubes .. taco chips .. EAT THEM lol they dont do anything!

Emma
Rating
you should get the kind that people chew when they have dentures like freedent or something.... but regular gum will probably be fine too

green-eyed-gurl
if u have braces and u want to chew gum u shud chew trident

Elle
If its sugar-free you're fine. The sugary gum gets stuck in your braces. Well duhh people are gonna notice you chewing gum! haha

ltlemissgiggles
Rating
i have braces and i chew gum all the time and dont have any problems.........do it

Brad
I never had any problems with it. Every once in a while, you might get a little stuck in your braces, but it's not that big of a deal.

I have many leatherbound books..
Just get sugar-free cauz it doesnt stick

emily_xx
Rating
The best gum to use while wearing braces is "Freedent"
It's non-stick which makes it better for your teeth/braces.
It's also sugar-free I believe

s d
Rating
i am 12 and i am getting braces this december. my orothodontist said i am allowed to chew sugar free gum such as extra. if you chewed non-sugur free gum it would get stuck in between your braces!

golfgirl1029
Rating
If your chew gum with braces, you wire parts may come out or your bands may come out. BAD IDEA!!! I think people will notice, cuz i do. who cares if people notice??

Victoria M
Rating
Well I have braces and when I chew gum I just push it up against the roof of my mouth. Most of the kids i know that chew gum with braces have a lot of dental expenses. So I wouldn't try it.
Good Luck!

flobbert91
Rating
i have braces now and i still chew gum all the time!
just eat the sugar free stuff so you dont have any problems if you get it stuck to ur braces
but you shldnt have the problem
but i have to be careful now cos when im in class i usually chew gum and if im asked somethin by teacher i moved it up between my gums and lip to hide it but now i cant cos it stuck all over braces :P
but thats only happened once
so you should be ok unless you are stupid like me :L

Chasity V
try to get the sugar free gum though

west.heart
Rating
You're not suppos to chew gum but almost everyone does it. When I had my braces I chewed gum and you couldn't notice. If you are concered about people noticing just chech your teeth in a mirror or ask a friend if they noticed. It's only food that gets stuck in braces. Just don't chew gum with a retainer in! lol

LoveisMagic
Rating
no its fine i chewed gum everyday when i had braces and nothing happened. it'll stick in the back if your wire is poking but it comes off easily.

thegurl
LOL I CHEW GUM ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE BRACES. THE DENTIST WONT BE ABLE TO TELL IM PRETTY SURE.

Cassandra
Rating
well if your smacking it they will notice! but yes you can as long as its sugar free. o and try stride gum and you can eat the wrapper so it wont stick.

Jake
Rating
haha dont worry chew gum all the time with my braces... i even eat popcorn and laffy taffy and that stuff and all that crap about "it will break them" is BS

vietroyal
Rating
It's fine to chew gum but you have to chew sugar free gum.

megtan1995
Rating
Try non stick gum. When i had braces i chewed regular gum and an elastic pop ed of. so i used non stick it works grate.

Brand: dentin its meant for den-cures, and braces find it in the grocery store and in drug stores.

Hope this helped :)

Carrie D
No, they won't notice. As long as it's sugar free it won't even stick to your braces.

Justine
Rating
I always chew gum with braces it usually doesn`t get stuck but if it does it can be a bother to get out.

Alexa A
Well, it depends on your orthodontist. Mine only allows me to chew sugar free gum, while other orthodontists do not allow you to chew gum at all. Mine says that if you chew gum, it helps your teeth come together faster. He may be right, but I don't know, I am not an orthodontist! LOL

Alex
Rating
It's considered not to chew gum because it could cause some small problems like getting it trapped between your wires. I have braces right now and I eat and chew anything I want.

Sarah V
um nothing really happens
ive had braces for like 3 years and i always chew gum and NOTHING has ever happened to me haha

jellybeanchick
Rating
Don't worry about other people. YOU will notice when the gum gets horribly stuck to your braces and is impossible to get out.

jeff hardy #1 fan boy
Rating
no

тoα∂єттє
Rating
If you chew gum, make sure not to chew Bubble Gum. Sugarless gum is less sticky and won't stick to braces as easily. They always say not to chew gum, but I sometimes do. It hasn't done anything yet, but sometimes even the sugarless gum attaches to the brackets and it hard to come off.

Use caution when chewing gum.

turquoise
Rating
they tell you not to chew gum when you have braces, but when i did have them..i chewed gum all of the time, and had no problems..i'm not suggesting you do it, but be careful if you choose to!

rookieface
haha no. its fine. i ate anything i wanted when i had braces

lustbader555
It CAN damage your braces. You might have to go to your orthodontist more often to repair them. It is absolutely worth it to not chew gum that way your braces can come off sooner.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy