Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Miranda
Is this going to permanentley damage my teeth forever!?
I know it sound stupid, but I filed my front teeth down w/ a nail file. I didn't do it hard or for very long, but I looked in the mirror and the bumpy ridges on the bottom of my teeth (which aren't fully developed yet) were flat and shorter. I'm scared. Is this going to ruin my teeth forever? Please, no rude comments, because I KNOW this was a dumb idea.

john b
Not a smart move but you will be o.k. Next time you go to the dentist make sure you get the florid....

jill:)
Rating
o geez.
idk what to tell ya.
i dont think they will be ruined but it all depends on where they were at in the developing stage.
so they might grow, but im not too certain..
sorry.

P N O PLAYER 88
Rating
haha, wups...
yeah it could because you wore the enamal down by FILING it off.

you should have asked this BEFORE you did it-

or get a dentist-

carlagreta
Rating
holy crap...maan. i dont know...ask a dentist. :/
those ridges go away on their own. my bottom teeth still have some ridges on thme and im 17...

dark.secrets2007
Hmm, I don't know weather it will ruin your teeth forever or not.

But, if you go to the dentist, he/she might be able to fix it. Or you could get the tooth took out and get fillings.

Just call your dentist and see what they say :)

Hope this helps, Will.

diofanbo
Rating
you should be fine as long as you have not gone over board

Sensual man
yep, youre teeth r forever like tht

mran_37
Rating
you might want to go to a dentist, becasue you may have exposed a nerve ending,

Sophie S
Rating
honestly it's not a dumb idea my sister did it and it just made her teeth even. nothing happened to her and her teeth look great. so don't worry ;)

LIFE
Rating
im so sorry....
i think they are damaged FOREVER!!!!
go to a dentist...

dara
Rating
yes very dumb idea only dentists should mess with your teeth

Willie Green
Rating
Yep! The teeth are wrecked. Get 'em yanked out and plastic choppers. Your future lovers will LOVE that!!! LOL

Just kidding...

I don't think you've done any real harm. I've filed one or two of my own and they are still solid. It all comes down to how much filing you've done.

On Top Of Ol' Smokey
Rating
Your right, it was dumb, but your teeth might fix themselves if they aren't fully developed. Just don't do it again.

kangaroo121
depends how much you took off I recommend no soft drinks or candy till you see a dentist . you could have took off a lot of enamel.

ms brightside
Not that i know of. Maybe u got the bumps from something else. Ask a dentist, he should know. But it can't be that bad. Don't worry about it! :)

Love the hair!
Honey, honey, honey...

I will say yes - they can be damaged for ever however, with all new technology your dentist can fix all of it.

Have your parents make an appointment.....

Heck - we've all done things when we were young! You were just trying, but what ever you do don't touch your teeth! :-) See a dentist and they will take care of everything for you!

lol21t
Rating
Your teeth grow from the root only. If they aren't done growing, they will continue to grow in normally. The ends may look uneven because you filed them but the dentist should be able to use cosmetic means to fix that. If you don't like the way it looks, see your dentist. Otherwise, it will not hurt you to file your teeth, although I would advise against doing it again!

Geneddly
Rating
Yes it will be permanent

LeeAnn S
Rating
The ridges are supposed to kind of go away after a few years of eating.. they just naturally get filed down. You have probably filed right through the enamel (protection) on your teeth. You need to go to a dentist because you are now more prone to getting cavities and having sensitivity issues.

Martha Evans
You might want to see a dentist, because if the enamel on that part of your teeth is missing, it will put you at risk for cavities. As far as I know, teeth don't get longer and that is why people who grind their teeth have to wear a guard or the teeth become stumps. Call a dentist office and talk to someone there who can advise you better than yahoo.

Here is a website where you can ask a dentist a question. Do a search for Ask a Dentist.
http://dental.justanswer.com/?r=gahealth&JCRN=Dentists&gclid=CJLO4IbivZQCFQSwFQodwH2jUg

intrepid
It's not the end of the world. Those ridges naturally wear down eventually, but I wouldn't do that again. If you experience pain over the next week or so, see a dentist.

Drizzle N Lick
well it depends on if they were permanent teeth or not. but if they are permanent (which i assume they are) then yes your teeth will be like that forever unless you get them pulled and have false ones put in. however it sounds like to me that you didn't really file them down too much. so i think it will be okay they just wont have the ridges anymore.

Sapphire
Rating
honestly, probably yes. those ridges are suppose to be there! everyone has them.

Upstate Guy
Rating
The teeth are built with a passive enamel particle, is filed down with any tool. The damage would result in futher decaying of the enamel particle. You still "where filed" down with the object would break down becoming fragile to even the slightest object (Fruit, Meat) could chip the tooth/teeth.

Hans
You should definitely go see a dentist to make sure you didn't file past the enamel. If you did your teeth will be more prone to cavities. A dentist can easily fix any damage you may have done.

Ankhesan amun
Dentists file teeth like that everyday. It won't ruin your teeth, but I don't think you should use that as an excuse to do it again. The only thing you might have done was take a bit of the top layer of enamel off there, unless you filed like hell and broke through the enamel completely.

susieQcleaner
Those little bumps are completely normal and are called 'mamelons' all young teeth have them....as we age they wear off normally, and that is one of the differences between 'old' and 'young' teeth...

you just make the teeth look 'older'.....as long as they are not
sensitive....you are probably ok....just don't do any more self-dentistry!!!

sweetiefreck
Teeth don't grow back. If you filed off part of a tooth, it is gone forever. A dentist might be able to fix it cosmetically depending on how severe it is

Char B
You may have damaged the enamel which cannot replace its self. If i were you i would go to the dentist and find out what he suggests you do. Any dental problems can be fixed nowadays so i shouldn't worry.

beachgirl
Those bumps on your teeth are like the bumps on a blade
of a knife, and they're there for a reason. They help the
tooth to sort of cut it's way through the gum as it's coming in.
Then after the tooth has been in for a while, they just wear
themselves off with normal chewing. If you don't believe me,
look at a picture of someone with their new teeth in front,
then look at them a couple years later. It won't ruin your
teeth forever, but DON'T do it any more!!!!

Sheeeeeee
Rating
those ridges are known as mamilons. They should wear away due to functional usage & not due to filing by you. Now your teeth are going to get very sensitive.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy