Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

xXwhite zombieXx
Do braces hurt?
because my teeth r really messed up and i need them and i have been doing research on them

♥shelby♥

spare
Rating
No not realy,
I've got bracers on and have had it for 1 year now.
It realy depends on how bad your teeth are.
Mine were just overcrowded but it varies with everyone.
Mine didnt realy hurt much but then again it depends on how bad your teeth are and how much tightening you need for them to be nice.

Success is the Key to everything
Rating
not 4 me! the first week it does. IF u hav buck teeth then the chances of hurting is low. if u have teeth that is front n back( which is messy) than it hurts. from wat my dentist say!
hope this helps

stonecoldwini
you should get invisalign braces. they're transparent and u can take them out. the time it takes for straightening is supposed to be the same. 2yr is the norm i think. i had regular braces and it was horrible when they tighten them. on top of that i had a bad orthodontist who didn't fix the wire on the side of the cheek well making it bleed. :(

imashleyfoo
when you first get them on they don't but the second day they hurt way bad! for a couple days then they're fine

and sometimes when you get them tightened they hurt your teeth a little, but not too much... they're not too bad :)

Viridiana G
Rating
at first they hurt or are umconfortable but, then you dont even notice them, after like, a few days, my sis got them 3 weeks ago!

jengrenade
Rating
I don't wanna scare you, but there is little pain comparable to the experience I had of having braces. I have a pretty high pain threshold, and still, that was SO painful. Not constantly, but VERY consistently. And then when I wore rubber bands too? Oh!!! There are other teeth-aligning alternatives. Like Invisalign. I'm sure you already knew that. Just check with your orthodontist. They probably aren't gonna admit the pain factor of braces, but I'm telling you, it hurt!

Good luck. <3

GL1420
Honestly, yes. Not as much when you get them on, but more when you get them off. The only the part about getting them on is if they poke you with the wire's or something... or knock into your gums with a tool. Mostly you'll just be annoyed at them stretching your mouth out while putting them in. Not that bad... don't be scared!

D B
Rating
no. i had them they did hurt at times but over time they will not. make sure you have lots of wax incase your lips hurt from the braces.

TWL0HA_O7
Rating
For like the first couple days I had mine they hurt like CRAZY.....I couldn't chew n e thing and I wuz crying the first day. But you get used to them after a while. Luckily for me it didn't hurt too much when I got them tightened. There were times in the beginning when the wires would stick out and irritate my gums, but the ortho gives you wax to put on it.

SHOOP DA WHOOP
Rating
yea they will if they are really skewed.

sorry.

walkie talker
Rating
well when i first got myne on they hurt at first for maybe 4 or 5 days, it really depends on your teeth. but the good thing about that is the icecream, you get a bunch when you get them on. but then you get used to it and it gets better.

Queen Preeti
Rating
yes a little when they put it on but when they take it off.....it hurts! they get these pliers and yank them off....also they stretch your lips out WIDE....but its worth it at the end

hello :)
Rating
nah their really not that bad. they hurt for like the first week and after that you get used to it. you get them tightened once a month that hurts sometimes.. for like 2 hours. this month is me having braces for 2 &1/2 years =/

:) Christine . ♥
Rating
all them peopledown there are being totaly stupid!!!

ive had braces for 2 years ,,and no! they dont hurt the first week they will and then after that they wont! but they WILL hurt when you get them tightend and when you have to wear rubberbands!

Totally wicked Awesomeness!
Rating
THEY HURT LIKE HECK the first week or so. Plus, make sure you buy LOTS of soup because you can't chew for a LONG time! They hurt!! I don't know what it's like to get them tightened, because I got mine about a week ago, but I imagine it's not as bad as the first week or so. They don't hurt much now, only when I bite something or chew something.

ThatFreakinRandy
I just got my braces taken off a month ago, and I can say I had no problems. They irritate your gums a little when you get them put on, but thats what wax is for. Ask your orthodontist if he can provide you with wax, and if not, you can pick it up at a drugstore like Walgreen's or CVS. Otherwise, braces only make you feel sore when you first get them on. Also, they may hurt whenever you get the wire replaced or tightened, or if you get rubber bands to fix your over/under/cross bite. They aren;t too much of a pain, so I think you should be good to go :D

Liz
Rating
In my case, very little if any pain involved. My 2 friends, they have pain ++. Depends on your pain tolerance.

Queen Bee
Rating
when you get them on they dont hurt but for 3 days you cant eat nothing just yogurt and ice cream im getting ready to get mines off in Feburary.

Kinga
Rating
the first couple days they will hurt, and sometimes when you get them tightened. but most most of the time it doesn't.

bobby
Rating
it depends on the condition of your teeth and how long and often they need tightening. when this is done is when they hurt the most for a coupel of days but not enough that its real bad at all.

Miss-Behaved♥
Rating
They hurt like crazy for the first couple of days but then you get used to them. And when you get it tightened.

love2dance
they hurt when you get them tightened, or when you first get them on, or when you have to wear rubber bands. but dont get worried about it!! you're just sore for a few days. good excuse for jamba juice :]

Asian Jowka
the first couple days they will hurt, and sometimes when you get them tightened. but most most of the time it doesn't.

ohmanitstati
Rating
when i first got my braces, they didn't hurt.. but like and hour later i was crying so much, and it hurt to talk. i didn't eat for 2 days either.. :]
but thats just me. some of my friends said it didn't hurt at all. but..
you might have to get them tightened or have rubber bands, which just hurts for a little bit :]
hope they don't hurt for you

Jacki
Rating
Yes.
They hurt for about a week and a half once you get them on.
Then, whenever you get them tightend, they hurt for about a day.

It's really worth it though.

jessicamofessica
Rating
You should really get them, and the sooner you get it over the better. I had them for 3 years and now my teeth are perfect. They hurt a little sometimes, but generally its not that bad and completely worth it in the end.

Marmeladov
Rating
not that bad.... the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

johnferrara19810
Rating
they won't hurt as much as the payments will.

Beautiful love
They are not to bad. Your mouth will be sore the first couple days and then for a couple hours when you get them tightened but trust me it is all worth it. I actually loved having my braces. weird I know but it isn't as bad as everyone makes it sound. I love that I have a great smile now. SO to answer you question no they don't hurt you mouth will just get sore from time to time but its because your teeth are being forced to go a different way then they are growing. Get them hun you won't regret it. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy