Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Straight after you brush your teeth, do you look in the mirror and smile at yourself?

How many teeth do you have missing (not including wisdoms)?
I have had four extracted....

I need help ?
I've been trying to find a way to get rid of this bad breath I have. I've tried so many things. I eat a lot junk food, but I don't know if this is the reason why even if a brush my ...

What do you think about drinking and driving?

How old were you when you got your wisdom teeth?

Additional Details
You're all so young....

Are braces worth it?
Even though they hurt and are annoying??? Are the worth it???
Additional Details
Were you really happy with your results???...

How long are you suppoesed to brush your teeth?
I always thought it was 2-3 minutes. Then floss then mouthwash.

But my boyfriend went to the dentist yesterday and his dentist told him to brush his teeth for ten minutes, about 2 minutes ...

Do you have to pull your wisdom teeth out??
My friend told me that everyone has to pull their wisdom teeth out, and it scared me. Do i really have to do that? Can I not pull them out?...

On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???...

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

JuM
Is it hard to talk with braces?
I'm just wondering whether it is hard to talk with braces on?

Like... will I talk funny? :S

Nick
easy to talk with braces, people don't really sound like that girl on South Park or anything

Jordan J
Rating
sorta kinda you might have a liss or somethin

Sk8rGurl
at the beging yeah but it will soon feel better and you wil be able to talk normal again

cheerleading! ♥
nawww not at all. maybe the first day a little little little bit but not really at all

K.$.A - CADILLAC
Rating
No

Charlie H.
Yeah, you'll sound completely retarded for like two weeks but you'll get used to it and get your usual voice back.

bex24
Rating
At first, it feels weird and cuts your mouth like no other. But after, it's fine.

Tina S
Rating
well... at first it will feel a bit uncomfortable but it will not have a noticeable affect on your speech.
But....
It will cause your mouth to stay open...sounds weird but i noticed for my friends, and myself, that their mouth stays a bit open and its hard to keep your lips put together.

Retainers!!!! WILL give you a lisp, and will make you talk funny :) don't worry go away

=]
Rating
for a while, after the pain goes away, you will be fine

noellemarie
Rating
right when you get them for about a day and then you talk normally and your lips will be big right after wards so yeah

Ivory tower
at first, of course

Thalia Cardenas
No! I had braces too first you feel as if you can't talk like something hard in ur mouth than u get used to it...if u have any more braces questions email me or IM me I kno bout braces...;)-

Hannah G
Rating
nope when i got braces i didnt talk funny at all hope this help u alots

Sas S
Hahaha well if your teeth dont stick out a lot to start with, then no. It feels weird, but it doesn't give you a lisp or whatever. Well...depending on the person ...haha!

Nicky
when u put on ur braces they feel funny and u might talk alittle weird and the braces r gonna give u lots of cold soars which will really hurt and during the 4 days that r ur first days that u put them on ur gonna get alot of pain so its better if u just drink lots of liquids instead of hard foods

-Nicky <3

Miss J. Smith*
Rating
not enough for someone to tell..
haha atleast ur not gettin a retainer u have to keep on all the time!
now if u had to get that.. yeaa u would talk weirrd.
because the first week i got mine(i got top and bottom)
i sounded like i had a freakin lisp.
it was insaneee.. lol
but funny too..
braces dont make u talk as bad cause you dont have something
hard on the top of ur mouth like the retainer has.
so dont worryy.. :)

Britsu
Rating
Nahh, if anything the first day. It just hurts ;-;

Anne H
Rating
atfirst yes but when you get use to it you don't

...::S2MaDDiS2::....
For the first day you might sound a bit funny to your self, but no one else can tell. It is only the first day when you sound a bit funny because your mouth isn't used to having something else in there. Now it is normally when you get a plate when you get a major lisp. lol.

Jasup
Nope, just need a couple of days to get adjusted to them.

disneymagiclover
Nope, not at all. I have them on right now, and my speech sounds nothing different from when I didn't have them. However, and expander will alter your speech a little because your tongue can't hit the roof of your mouth. For instance, when I had one on, when I said "Key" it came out as "Kuhh". The only thing about braces is they sort of hurt on the first day. You'll be fine. Good Luck!!!

Lola Loo
No, but the first two days your lips will be swollen! I have them..., but you'll be alright...trust me!

claire b
Rating
They will feel huge in your mouth for a couple of days, and because you feel self concsious of them, it might affect how you speak. They don't actually *alter* the way you speak though. And you don't have a lisp if they are fitted correctly, and you didn't speak with a lisp beforehand.

Jareth's Trousers
Until you get used to them, your speech might be a little off. When they get tightened, same thing due to the soreness of your mouth. But you won't talk funny for however long you have to wear them, and it won't take long to get used to.

Amie.
Rating
Na you sound normal..Some people think they have a lisp but its not noticable to anyone else

Lasurgcord
No

Consuelo R
im going to say no. my sis had braces twice and the little brat has yet to shut the f up!

I understand her completely!

Bean
Rating
Nope,
it's the retainer you get after-wards that gives you a lisp for a little while untill your mouth gets use to it :P

PopTartsTheKitty!
Rating
NO!!

-mary; the one and only.
nah, a whole bunch of my friends have them and they dont sound any different. they just take some getting used to.
dont worry about it (:

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy