Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do i get rid of my kanker sores?
how can i keep them from coming back!...

Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

Braces cutting my inner cheeks, help!?
I have had them for about 5 months and this week it has been worse than it ever was with my braces. The cuts from the brackets are so bad it hurts to breath, let alone eat or any thing else. What can ...

How to do i apply wax on my braces? will it hurt if i take it off?
i just got my braces yesterday & they hurt! :( my orthodondist gave me wax to relieve the pain, but i don't know how to use it? when do i take it off? does it hurt of if do take it off?...

Why does my breathe always smell worst after i brush my teeth?

Braces hurt?
i had 4 brackets on my teeth now there on all the top please what can i do to make them stop hurting
Additional Details
thanks for ...

What can't you EAT if you have BRACES??

How can i tell a friend without offending her that she has badbreath? Please help...?
She is a sweet friend, we`ve been friends for years now but somehow i have no guts to tell her that she has bad breath, am afraid i might offended her... How can i tell her?...

When was the last time u brushed ur teeth, try to be 100% honest please, 100% honest?
me it was 4 months ago
Additional Details
no 4 days..........................................

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. How do I stop this?
My gums bleed when I brush my teeth. I'm really worried. I floss and brush every day, but they still bleed. What do I do?...

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Please anser: how much does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?(see details)?
As in a not loose tooth, getting numbing shots injected in your gums, pulling it out and stitching it up? (no tooth growing in under it) awake but numb... please! any pain comparisons?...

Ansem
How painful is getting wisdom teeth out?

Juicybaby
it hurt like hell

abiss
lamf.............

Georgina c
Rating
don't worry if your having it done. it won't hert a bit! i think.

Shadowkat
Rating
Well, I've heard it's pretty bad (like, they hurt for a day after you get it done, at least); I have to get mine out, too, so I'll feel your pain. *grim smile*

J B
I had novacaine and gas, and I was fine. I'm also a really big baby, and I had it done as an adult (which is supposed to be really painful).

I swear to you that it was nearly painless!

TargetMan
Rating
varied from person to person all has to do with how they came in if they are straigh very little pain, if the roots are twisted there can be lots of pain, oral surgery etc...

DR V
Rating
I had 4 out at once. Never knew it even happened.

Sahara
You'll have pain medication. It's not that bad. You'll need time to recover (about a day, maybe a couple). You'll just feel groggy. It's better than a root canal.

Cinnamon
ask for nitrous. *laughing gas*
it wont hurt at all. :) you will be too drugged out to know.
but after their done, get some ambesol or some pain releiver for your mouth because it does hurt a few days later.

jayy♥♥
ive had teeth taken out and they numb them so its not so bad and they heal pretty fast =]

ivorytower
It is like anything. it depends on the teeth and the dentist. Generally they will numb your gum and inject you with a local. possilby some additional pain killers at that time and most likely some pills for aftercare.

If the teeth are impacted, then they will have to cut, break and possible half or quarter the teeth to pull them out if they have crooked roots. if the teeth are straight then it is as simple as pulling a nail out of a board. If they are straight it won't hurt at all.

If they are crooked it will hurt bad. and you'll want to be totally knocked out.

follow the doctor's instructions don't use a straw. a dry socket is mighty painful.

get them out as soon as possible to avoid them bunching up your front teeth. and making you need to have braces!

mychemicalromance4eva
Rating
it is really painfull because the dentist didnt knum me because he forgot and then he used pliyer things

SHANTA S
I just had mine out last Saturday. I started antibiotics in case of infection 3 days prior. They pu tme under the gas and gave me sleeping drugs. When they finished they woke me up and I didn't feel anything. There was mild pain after for which I take Tylenol #3 Once a day usually. I am still taking the antibiotic so my face never swells up. Now I am just waiting for the stiches to dissolve.

Aro
Rating
Well, you can do it two ways. You can let them put you to sleep or you can stay awake.

You recover faster if you stay awake (which is what I did) so I can tell you about that way (it also costs like $400 cheaper).

The operation occurs in two steps. First, the dentist takes a small needle and injects a numbing chemical into your gums which 'freezes' your gums so that you can't feel anything. It's a weird feeling and it's unpleasent when they have that needle in there. But, it feels uncomfortable and weird more than painful.

Then the dentist will come back after 10 or 15 minutes, allowing the freezing to reach maximum potency. Then s/he take something that looks a lot like a screw driver and they push down in the middle of each of your wisdom teeth to 'crack' them. That breaks their roots and they just pull them out.

Then you're given a bunch of gauzz and stuff to stick in your drooling bleeding mouth. Which is totally gross the day after. Oh, and you get a little plasic syringe thing to shoot water into the holes after you eat to dislodge food that will get stuck in there.

The next day you should be okay. But, it will take a long time before those holes close up and you don't get food stuck in there anymore. That's the worst part.

Candy T
I had all 4 of mine out at the same time. It wasn't painful but my face swelled close to my ear and hairline for about two weeks. Luckily it was over the summer and I didn't have school.

Grandma of 2
It's not getting them out that is painful. I was given an IV and was put partially out for the extraction. I can truthfully say that I was feeling NO pain and they could have taken them out my nose for all I cared. It was after everything was over and I had to heal that it was painful. The pockets caused from the extraction were terrible to deal with. They had to be kept packed with gauze so I wouldn't get dry sockets. The dental surgeon can explain this all to you. There are, of course, pain killers you will take. I was really out of it for about a week.

a7x
Rating
all i can say is, ask them to put u out and u wont feel anything, then after the surgery its really sore, so use the med's alot the dentist dude gives you

Mrs. WC
I had all 4 of mine taken out at the same time. My jaw was kind of achy for a few days, but Tylenol took care of that.

Most of the time, it really depends on a person's pain threshhold. If you are a wimp, then you may think it hurts like hades. My husband is such a person and can't handle pain at all. He had to take codeine when he had his out.

rcButterfly
Rating
Not as bad as you might think. The first 5 hours or so are the worse because you are still bleeding and have to change the gauze.(Don't swallow any blood because you will experience horrible nausea) You'll be sore for a couple of days at most and look like a chimpmunk immediately after but you can handle it.

Blueberryflowers
ir is not bad because they give you laughing gas and afterwards pain pills

hell$ belle$
Rating
I had mine out last month. It depends on how long you wait to have it done. In your teen years, the roots are barely developed. They continue to grow into your mid-20s. That's when you come across more complications that require a little more invasive work and more healing time. I did have a mild infection and then dry socket. Dry socket is when the blood clot that forms to begin the healing of the socket is dislodged, part of your jawbone is exposed and it's quite painful. I also had a root that had grown into my sinus cavity. I had a pretty bad time of it, but I'm feeling fine today.Chances are, you'll have a better time of it and be feeling well in no time. Don't wait to have it done! Good luck.

Red Wing
The actual procedure isn't too bad. It's more an issue of recovery. If you get an infection or dry socket (like I did) it becomes rather unpleasant. My advice is to follow the post-procedure guidelines they give you to help your recovery along.

The One Who Was
Rating
Not too bad for me, they put you under when they do it and you just bleed on your pillow for a few nights and that's it. Not a huge deal.

jelesais2000
Rating
Not painful at all with the right drugs. Good luck.

Jay
Rating
I was put under using anesthesia. From the second I woke up to now, the pain meds were so good that I never experienced any pain. There was a lot of numbness but it went away after a couple days.

metzkeb
Rating
The first day was painful, but after that I was just sore for about two weeks. You have to be really careful how you eat for about two weeks too or you can damage the wounds.

Pass it on...
Rating
They put you out..so the actual extraction is painless. You'll be sore for 2-3 days after, but nothing you can't handle.

Just make SURE to avoid "dry socket". Your dentist will give you all the information you need....so listen! Dry socket is very painful.

Jake5282
Rating
Well it has been many years since I had mine out, gotten a lot dumber since they came out. Then, it was local, just novacaine, he used some type of pliers and the teeth broke in half, so he had to pull piece by piece out, it felt like he was extracting them thru my ears.

Now that I scared the crap out of you, it is quite different now, my daughter was put under and when she woke up....all done!

AmberLynn
DIDN'T HURT AT ALL! I was put under anesthesia when I had mine taken out. As soon as I was done, I was prescribed an entire bottle of Vicodin for the pain. It was the best 3 days of my life. I was in a Vicodin induced heaven. I wish I could do it again!!! It's a little difficult to eat, start out with soft foods like pudding.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 15, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy